Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, bbaddict said:

If you watched the whole conversation (I am assuming this was from yesterday around 4:00 PM BBT) he asked her why it would be good to keep Victor. He was listening to her responses. He asked her questions and SHE came to the conclusion that he was right in wanting Victor out for the both of them. He also swore that he does not have a final 2 with Nicole. I cannot see him taking Nicole over her in any way except if it meant his game and that would be fair in my opinion. He will take Natalie to the end if it is possible.

James has very little chance of getting to the end, though. Mostly because the comps at the end of the game are all mental (both HOHs and POV), which he has no chance of winning. He's basically a sitting duck at that point. I would be really shocked if he lasted past the second DE, which is where he went out last season.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I would put Paul in that category, too.  He counseled Natalie stating she should have nominated him as a game threat and not a liar.  Good advice.  THEN  proceeds to LOSE HIS SHIT yelling and demanding the truth by badgering everyone, at the top of his lungs. This deserves a gold star by his name in the directory.  

I may be wrong here but Natalie nominated Victor and Michelle nominated Paul and gave him that speech.

1 hour ago, backformore said:

I am convinced that there is an "Annoying voice"  virus that only attacks females, and is very contagious.  Nicole came in with it, and has infected both Michelle and Natalie. 

That's really the only logical explanation.

It all started with Bronte's baby voice in the interviews, and it's been downhill since then.  Natalie's seems worse in the DR's, Nicole's and Michelle's are always horrible.  Brigette wasn't as bad, but not fully adult sounding.

The only women that didn't seem to use baby voice to get them through are Tiff, Day and Z and look where they are.

Edited by Boilergal
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

I may be wrong here but Natalie nominated Victor and Michelle nominated Paul and gave him that speech.

That's correct.

Natalie can't backtrack now. She's gotta send Victor home. Once she put him on the block it was over. She choose her path (or let James choose it for her). Whether putting Victor up at the start was the best move for her game is debatable. 

• Love 1

BB totally going with the fake Nicorey showmance.  The comments are hysterical.  No wonder the DR is pushing so hard for the "couples" to stay together.

Nat trying to talk James into taking out Corey. 

1 hour ago, SiobhanJW said:

Honestly I could see why at first she would be hesitant to get rid of Paulie, he was protecting her, they were in an alliance together. Once she realized what was going on, she just let nature take its course. 

I think we both agree her game is good, but disagree on just on how much she really played a hand in it. I think she could've been in a much better position to actually win this whole thing if she wasn't just a patsy for the Boys for half the game. She was playing a decent Rat Game and got caught - she had to lay low, and that's understandable. But she also cut ties with everyone that wasn't Paulie/Corey's agenda. For example, her and Michelle used to be close, and she didn't even nurture that relationship - the one time she tried to make amends, she ended up doing that "I'm going to yell at you because your emotions are annoying to me!" thing. She failed to do what James/Paul do so well - go with the House or the majority, but maintain good relationships with the Others. I didn't expect her to outwardly target Paulie or anything, but she also could have done a lot more with where she was so she could have more influence - not that she had to become a Paulie or a Paul or anything, outwardly calling the shots.

Now, she's in a good position for Finals, but I personally think she's one of the last people in there that should win (which can obviously change depending on the rest of the game). That's why I think Corey was such a downfall for her - she was playing nicely for herself those first few weeks, then basically became permanently horizontal next to Corey. She's playing the "I'm useless!" game, which is fair, but also has had almost no influence on the outcome of things - that's my biggest issue with her. James is basically playing Nicole's game but better.

ETA: Like I mentioned, this could change. She's in a position where she may be able to climb over a few HG corpses and become a real power couple in the House. I'm open to changing my current opinion on her.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Natalie to James- I honestly feel like Corey should go

Argh!!! Come on Nat!!

I think that both choices are still good choices to go. But logically, Victor needs to go. Personally, Corey needs to go (but also logically especially if Paulie returns). 

She just needs to make up her mind. I do believe that her number one target was Paul, and then Corey was her second but with Paul winning veto, Victor needed to be the second choice. 

2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think that both choices are still good choices to go. But logically, Victor needs to go. Personally, Corey needs to go (but also logically especially if Paulie returns). 

She just needs to make up her mind. I do believe that her number one target was Paul, and then Corey was her second but with Paul winning veto, Victor needed to be the second choice. 

I agree, both of them are good choices for Natalie. It's either or for her, really. Like I told the husband this morning when he asked what I thought was going to happen, if Corey makes it to the end with any of the women, he'll win. If Victor makes it to the end, I'd like to think the jury wouldn't vote for an already evicted person to win but if he's against women, he'll probably win. 

Cut one of them. It doesn't really matter which one. They both have their strengths and they both have their weaknesses. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Sayla Vee said:

Except for James, Natalie is the oldest person in the house at this moment. 

Bridgette, Josea & Zakiyah are all younger than she is as well, and Bronte and Paulie are the same age as she.  This is a very young crowd.

Besides, Natalie is the best educated person in the house.  She told James, I think Mon night out by the hot tub, that she has two bachelor degrees.  There are some, like Nicole, who have no degrees at all.

While she (and I) find FT offensive, we're talking a bunch of kids here.....at least from where I sit.

Nicole is an RN that has her BSN

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mooses said:

But she's squeaking by week to week. 

I think you meant whining, not squeaking, though very close.

1 hour ago, backformore said:

I am convinced that there is an "Annoying voice"  virus that only attacks females, and is very contagious.  Nicole came in with it, and has infected both Michelle and Natalie. 

That's really the only logical explanation.

Casting likes to cast Cute Women! And those are Cute Voices!

Urgh. Yeah. I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

• Love 3

James to Nat: "I can tell you *they* (production) want us to win. They want the couples to come to the end."

Natalie: "Oh! Yeah! That's never happened before."

Gag me with a spoon.

• Love 9
Just now, Cutty said:

James to Nat: "I can tell you *they* (production) want us to win. They want the couples to come to the end."

Gag me with a spoon.

I wish Natalie never met James.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Gag me with a spoon.

I want the couples to come to AN end. Not the same thing, huh? Damn.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Gag me with a spoon.

Shut up, James. I'm rooting for his eviction next week. Him or Michelle, I don't really care at this point. But mostly James.

I love Natalie and I know that she got as far as she did because of James and his role in the big boys club, but now it's time to play on her own....without James. 

Nicole's on her "Corey's the beeeeeeeeeeeest" tirade with Michelle this time. Nicole thinks that he deserves a care package. On Twitter, Tiffany responded with a crying with laughter emoji and an "OK".

Edited by Lady Calypso
I should specify where Tiffany said this
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, mooses said:

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 3.02.19 PM.png

22 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

So I guess I'm to assume that after months of Meg making it crystal clear that she didn't want James after the show she decided to play him. I don't buy it. Also he conveniently failed to mention that, in retaliation for whatever it is he believes Meg did to him, he outted on Twitter that her and Survivor WA Mike were dating which they were trying to keep quiet about.

Ugh, just ugh. My JamesHate has already been cemented, so this doesn't even surprise me on a certain level.

19 hours ago, TimWil said:

If tonight's CBS installment did anything it confirmed that Natalie is one of the worst HoHs ever. I like her, I really really like her (heh heh). But I still think she made a horrible strategic move to go after someone who would have helped carry her to F3.

The thing is, someone who wants to "carry" you to F3 so they can beat you and win the game isn't really doing you a favor.

19 hours ago, Sayla Vee said:

Except for James, Natalie is the oldest person in the house at this moment. 

Bridgette, Josea & Zakiyah are all younger than she is as well, and Bronte and Paulie are the same age as she.  This is a very young crowd.

Besides, Natalie is the best educated person in the house.  She told James, I think Mon night out by the hot tub, that she has two bachelor degrees.  There are some, like Nicole, who have no degrees at all.

While she (and I) find FT offensive, we're talking a bunch of kids here.....at least from where I sit.

Paulie is older than Natalie (he's 27, almost 28, and she's 26). Paul, Zakiyah, Bridgette, Nicole, Paulie, Bronte, Corey, Michelle (?), and Victor have bachelor's degrees. I would say Paul is the "most educated" person in the house, not based on having additional degrees, but on his level of "intellectualism," being well read, etc.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Shut up, James. I'm rooting for his eviction next week. Him or Michelle, I don't really care at this point. But mostly James.

I love Natalie and I know that she got as far as she did because of James and his role in the big boys club, but now it's time to play on her own....without James. 

Nicole's on her "Corey's the beeeeeeeeeeeest" tirade with Michelle this time. Nicole thinks that he deserves a care package. On Twitter, Tiffany responded with a crying with laughter emoji and an "OK".

I'll take James/Nicole/Corey eviction, please. James seems like he's pretty much safe next week even if he's on the block, though. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, mooses said:

I'll take James/Nicole/Corey eviction, please. James seems like he's pretty much safe next week even if he's on the block, though. 

I actually don't know about this. I think Paul could easily make James a target if he's on the block. It would have to be under very specific circumstances, but at this point in the game, my motto is "Never say never". There's only so many people that can go up on the block, and look how quickly things changed this week.

Michelle's basically burned her move to the ground - she's starting a fight with Paul in the kitchen for no real reason that I can think of. 

I mean, they both like to kick people when they're down. They're like the same person so neither has a leg to stand on.

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Oh, so....Michelle/Paul fight with James/Natalie in the kitchen. I'm not watching it right now, but maybe I should be.

And Corey! Michelle left and is eavesdropping in the Safari Room now. Paul tells Natalie that Michelle said she was "forced" by Natalie by putting him on the block. Paul is implying that James had influence this week, and Natalie says he didn't. Apparently, Paul's biggest is that James told Michelle why he was mad at her - Paul thought it was "malicious."

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 2.13.58 PM.png

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, mooses said:

And Corey! Michelle left and is eavesdropping in the Safari Room now. Paul tells Natalie that Michelle said she was "forced" by Natalie by putting him on the block. Paul is implying that James had influence this week, and Natalie says he didn't. Apparently, Paul's biggest is that James told Michelle why he was mad at her - Paul thought it was "malicious."

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 2.13.58 PM.png

I don't care how big a pain in the ass Michelle is, thats unacceptable.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, AbsoluteShower said:

I don't care how big a pain in the ass Michelle is, thats unacceptable.

I mean, Michelle can be a pretty mean person. Paul can be, too. I remember when Paul was the underdog after Vic/Jozea/Bronte left and he was a much cooler guy. Then he hooked up with PP and he was disgusting. 

Neither has the moral high ground, so them arguing about it is pretty silly.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

I must be in a minority of one right now but I want to see James and Nat in final two. 

I'm with you - if for no other reason than the sheer number of people both inside and outside the Game who would spontaneously combust at the mere notion.  :D

• Love 6
Just now, mooses said:

I mean, Michelle can be a pretty mean person. Paul can be, too. I remember when Paul was the underdog after Vic/Jozea/Bronte left and he was a much cooler guy. Then he hooked up with PP and he was disgusting. 

Neither has the moral high ground, so them arguing about it is pretty silly.

I don't have a problem with the argument per se, it's Paul calling Michelle a c**t that I find unacceptable.

• Love 5
Just now, AbsoluteShower said:

I don't have a problem with the argument per se, it's Paul calling Michelle a c**t that I find unacceptable.

Oh, yeah. I hate that word. 

ETA: I think I remember having this discussion before on this board. Last season, maybe?

Edited by mooses
15 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

I must be in a minority of one right now but I want to see James and Nat in final two. 

I'm in agreement, if only because Natalie has an excellent shot at making history at being the first woman to win BBUS against a man.

And....Natalie pretty much confirmed to Paul that Victor's going and it's James' doing.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Cutty said:

Nicole didn't know Hawaii was in the United States.

Degrees do not equal educated.

A degree says you have been educated, in your major, at least.  One focus on and remembers things that are important to them.  She is smart, nursing school is grueling and intense. I watched 2 friends go through it.  

High school teaches proper grammar but you would never know it by the number of people who start a sentence with the word 'me' among other glaring errors.  Environment and family culture play a part one what is important to you. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Paul/Natalie arguing about how Michelle told Paul that Natalie 'forced' her to put up Paul. I don't know whether this is all true, but judging from what I read about everything this week, Michelle seemed very willing to put Paul up, so I'm not really sure who's right here.

This argument is getting tiring now. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bbaddict said:

Yes, but he was speaking directly to Natalie in that moment, probably assuming they made the choices together.  Michele was in another and came into that conversation after he had given Nat the advice.  He turned to Michele, and immediately, YELLED, what did I lie about!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Paul/Natalie arguing about how Michelle told Paul that Natalie 'forced' her to put up Paul. I don't know whether this is all true, but judging from what I read about everything this week, Michelle seemed very willing to put Paul up, so I'm not really sure who's right here.

It just seems to be going in circles now - it seems like Nat tried to end it but Paul's like a dog with a bone. No pun intended.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yep. This is argument is not helping anyone but Paul and Nicole/Corey. Maybe Michelle.

Actually, this argument is just hurting Natalie/James.

Edited by mooses
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

Oh, I'm certain as well they had made scheduling provisions for *a* JBB comp, in case the RT didn't fly.  I just doubt TPTB spent very much in the way of time or resources on a JBB until they knew it was a certainty, at which point they ended up in a last-minute dash to flesh out the details for a functional comp.  Production has always done their best to run this show on the absolute thinnest of shoestrings when it comes to the budget.

The voteless can push all they want.  Don't mean shit.  :>

Nicole is an RN.  Part of her concern in playing her previous season was its interference with taking her National Board exams, for which a bachelor's degree and a valid state-issued RN license are both prerequisites.

No bet.  If I want to give away my money, I'll donate it to the Red Cross.  That way at least I get a tax break.  ;>

PaulieSpeak notwithstanding (in PaulieLand "emotional player" apparently translates to "playing while in possession of a uterus"), there is such a thing as an "emotional player" - and this week both Natalie and Michelle can apply to have their photo displayed beside the term in the BB Dictionary.  Michelle less so than Natalie, though, to be honest. Michelle and Victor do have at least some shred of a game bond/relationship to support Michelle's lobbying for Victor's retention in the House - in Michelle's mind, at least.  What's Natalie's excuse, other than she "feels bad" about nominating Vic?

Not a chance in hell James is throwing this'un.  Throwing comps in James' strategy for keeping under the radar - and given that this week his is the sole deciding vote, James knows the under-the-ship has already sailed.

Not even then, I'd say; James is much too paranoid about the ACP, and which HGs will be the only potential remaining recipients.  Also - make his paranoia levels x10 when the JBB is announced.  The HGs have no clue how impotent this last ACP actually is.

Just for fun, they should instruct the winner to keep what it is to themselves. Everyone would go nuts! Totally unfair though, it would have way too much of an impact on how everyone plays.

• Love 1

Paul apparently told Natalie that Corey said Natalie is sucking James' dick to the top.  Corey said he never said that.  Paul says "well then I guess I lied about that"

Nicole goes to Natalie and says "you know Corey would never say something like that"