Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

I'm on no one's team in the Zakiyah/Paulie mess. Paulie is a jerk, yes. Zakiyah keeps throwing herself at him even though he's told her he doesn't want anything physical in the House. Paulie can push her away, yes, but he also doesn't want to upset her for his game. I do think he'd prefer she back off a bit, but he does lead her on. He's arrogant and manipulative, she's on the wrong show. I'd rather them both go. 

8 minutes ago, gunderda said:

And it's times like these that really show that James has no idea what he's doing.  Day could come back for gods sake! She's a really good ally to him and he apparently doesn't see that.  But maybe he's waiting until the very last minute so the boys can't get mad at him for doing it (wishful thinking?)

I think he is planning on telling her before the live show - he discussed it with Paulie. But he risks Paulie getting all the glory. He doesn't care, though. This is a moment where he could make a jury member think of him as the better guy, or, if she comes back, she'll be more upset at Paulie/Paul than at him. But he's playing a "low-key" game with basically zero risks. He's actually doing exactly what Z should be doing - staying on Paulie's good side, not making waves, hoping he takes her to the end.

ETA: By risks, I mean doing anything. Anything with an independent mind, not approved by the Bros. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

If it is teacups, just remember: it's not who wins, it's who has the most painful falls. Over and over and over. I'll never forget Austin going down like an old growth tree getting felled in the forest. Good times, man. Good times.

You just made my afternoon, oh what great memories!!

• Love 1
Just now, J.D. said:

It's not a myth.  It's like winning the lottery:  Possible but not probable.  It takes an extremely rare type of woman who can do that.  I've only known of one in my personal life. 

Then you need to get out more.

• Love 11

Frank, shut up.  Airplane seats recline only slightly, these days.  No one has reclined their seat into you face.  How much to you really fly? 

He is ranting about everything from drivers to bartenders.  

Edited by wings707
1 minute ago, gunderda said:

I fly quite a bit and have never seen someone take off their shoes. 

Guilty as charged. But I usually wear ballet flat style shoes and my feet pretty much stay ontop of the shoes for maximum toe wiggling. Considering that I'm uncomfortable enough what with my knees being up to my chin because I'm so long legged, a little bit of comfort goes a long way.

• Love 1
Just now, J.D. said:

LOL.... I'm 28.  I get out plenty. 

Wow, really? I totally had you pegged as someone much older with antiquated views of women and relationships. Do you honestly think it's only men who take advantage of mobile dating apps to hook up? Or is it only one "type of woman" who uses them?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Guilty as charged. But I usually wear ballet flat style shoes and my feet pretty much stay ontop of the shoes for maximum toe wiggling. Considering that I'm uncomfortable enough what with my knees being up to my chin because I'm so long legged, a little bit of comfort goes a long way.

I may have actually done it once on a long-ish flight because my foot was hurting for some reason. lol 

perhaps my flight to hawaii because that was a long ass flight and i was super uncomfortable. 

Just now, gunderda said:

I may have actually done it once on a long-ish flight because my foot was hurting for some reason. lol 

perhaps my flight to hawaii because that was a long ass flight and i was super uncomfortable. 

Heh. I've done it flying from Edmonton to Vancouver, which is like... an hour and a half? I give no fucks. 

• Love 3

And it's times like these that really show that James has no idea what he's doing.  Day could come back for gods sake!

James isn't the only one. I think they've all forgotten about the return ticket.

2 minutes ago, Artsda said:

James isn't the only one. I think they've all forgotten about the return ticket.

I've heard Paulie/Paul mention it once: they don't care. They'll just win HOH and Veto this week, next week, the week after that. Smooth sailing.

ETA: I can't even say they're wrong which is unfortunate.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Marie80 said:

And what type of girl is that? A girl that has the gall to enjoy sex as much as men are allowed to?

First, let me say that I loathe Paulie. What troubles me is not that Z enjoys sex, it's that she's willing to put up with Paulie's bullshit and clear inequality. Z is not just "enjoying sex," she's dreaming of a future with Paulie. He has no such vision and it should be clear to her.

Edited by Fatkat
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, J.D. said:

A girl equates sex with love.  To a guy, they are two completely separate entities.  

No.

Natalie is currently cutting her own hair. And Victor is cutting Corey's. Yet they won't let Victor shave his beard. I don't get it.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, mooses said:

I've heard Paulie/Paul mention it once: they don't care. They'll just win HOH and Veto this week, next week, the week after that. Smooth sailing.

ETA: I can't even say they're wrong which is unfortunate.

I'd like to think their overweening confidence will be their downfall. I'd probably be wrong though.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Fatkat said:

First, let me say that I loathe Paulie. What trouble's me is not that Z enjoys sex, it's that she's willing to put up with Paulie's bullshit and clear inequality. Z is not just "enjoying sex," she's dreaming of a future with Paulie. He has no such vision and it should be clear to her.

Well to be clear I wasn't specifically referring to Z with that comment, just generally as to what "type" of women some men believe are not good enough to bring home. And I agree with you, I do believe Z is dreaming about a future with Paulie because he hasn't been upfront with her. As to whether it should be clear to her, well she did say her former boyfriend cheated on her for years without her knowing. Given how incredibly jealous and suspicious she has acted in the house, I'm more apt to believe that she is prone to overlooking what is right in front of her face when it doesn't mesh well with her desires.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, J.D. said:

It's not a myth.  It's like winning the lottery:  Possible but not probable.  It takes an extremely rare type of woman who can do that.  I've only known of one in my personal life. 

You really need to meet more women.

35 minutes ago, wings707 said:

He [Paul] is ranting about everything from drivers to bartenders.  

Paul is insufferable, but I kinda enjoyed his rant because I was agreeing with him on a lot of it. Particularly people with bluetooths in their ear.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Cutty said:

I think he hates women because he's been turned down for marriage (twice). 

I hate that I even care, but what's the story on this? I haven't seen it anywhere.

50 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Wrong. It's a myth. I'm also a woman who doesn't equate sex with love. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

Under normal circumstances I would have been more than happy if Day never came back into the house at all.  However at this point in time I think her return is needed if we have any sliver of a chance of things turning around. 

She'll need to win an HOH herself. Who can she control when/if they come into power? Michelle and??

9 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

She'll need to win an HOH herself. Who can she control when/if they come into power? Michelle and??

I think her presence might help Z, Natalie, and maybe even James to be able to stop doing Paulie's bidding. But it would really depend on whether Day herself would see that Paulie is who really needs to go and I don't really think she sees that tbh.

Are Michelle and Z voting out Day or Bridgette?

ETA: Z to Day: "Everyone's so damn oblivious." Yea, like you! 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Fatkat said:

First, let me say that I loathe Paulie. What troubles me is not that Z enjoys sex, it's that she's willing to put up with Paulie's bullshit and clear inequality. Z is not just "enjoying sex," she's dreaming of a future with Paulie. He has no such vision and it should be clear to her.

EXACTLY!  

Like I mentioned earlier but got  completely overlooked, I have no problem with a healthy-minded woman wanting sex in the physical sense just so long as she's not kidding herself, which later leads to her obsessing over a guy who sees her as nothing more than sex.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Marie80 said:

Wow, really? I totally had you pegged as someone much older with antiquated views of women and relationships. Do you honestly think it's only men who take advantage of mobile dating apps to hook up? Or is it only one "type of woman" who uses them?

No man wants to take his one night stand home to meet his mother.  That's not an antiquated view.  That's something that'll never go away.  As for using a mobile app for sexual hook-ups: why would anybody, male or female,  have to resort to using an app?

Edited by J.D.

Da'Vonne tells Z that anybody who's a legitimate player would try to take Paulie out. Z says she wants to know who would since they're all attached to him - James would be the only one who has the guts to (she doesn't know that James is also in with Paulie). 

Da'Vonne says she's surprised Z doesn't want him out because he's definitely not taking her to F2. Z says that's too soon for her to make that move. Da' tells her to be careful because Z's game could be sacrificed to weaken Paulie. 

Then they hear Nicole's voice. Da'Vonne says she wants her out.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3

Victor is still mad at Natalie, apparently.   He complained about her not doing her dishes and she snapped back.  So he farted on her. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, mooses said:

Da'Vonne tells Z that anybody who's a legitimate player would try to take Paulie out. Z says she wants to know who would since they're all attached to him - James would be the only one who has the guts to (she doesn't know that James is also in with Paulie). 

Da'Vonne says she's surprised Z doesn't want him out because he's definitely not taking her to F2. Z says that's too soon for her to make that move. Da' tells her to be careful because Z's game could be sacrificed to weaken Paulie. 

Then they hear Nicole's voice. Da'Vonne says she wants her out.

Sigh, it's always too soon to make that move isn't it? Z, the thing is: YOU HAVEN'T WON ANYTHING. This is not a move you CAN make on your own.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Victor is still mad at Natalie, apparently.   He complained about her not doing her dishes and she snapped back.  So he farted on her. 

*pretentious nature documentary voice* Here we see the mating call and dance of the male douchebag...

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Wrong. It's a myth. I'm also a woman who doesn't equate sex with love. 

Do you have sympathy for Zak while hating on Paulie?

31 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

She might be able to get into Michelle/Z/Natalie's ear. But she wants Nicole gone, so Paulie/Paul will be fine with that. James is throwing it, but that's the only other person who might keep her safe.

Also - James told Natalie they shouldn't win HOH this week so she might throw it also.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, J.D. said:

As for using a mobile app for sexual hook-ups: why would anybody, male or female,  have to resort to using an app?

No one has to use an app for anything, but from shopping for shoes to shopping for hook ups, it sure is convenient.

I only want things to happen moving forward that annoy Paulie. This includes: round-trip ticket for Day, neither him nor Paul getting a care package, someone winning HoH and not doing exactly what he wants. He is going to run the game right up until the point he has to win comps (because I don't think he has these people snowed enough to actually take him to a Final 3 or 2), so I would like it to be as irritating for him as possible.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, AndreaK1041 said:

No one has to use an app for anything, but from shopping for shoes to shopping for hook ups, it sure is convenient.

I only want things to happen moving forward that annoy Paulie. This includes: round-trip ticket for Day, neither him nor Paul getting a care package, someone winning HoH and not doing exactly what he wants. He is going to run the game right up until the point he has to win comps (because I don't think he has these people snowed enough to actually take him to a Final 3 or 2), so I would like it to be as irritating for him as possible.

Thanks for reminding me.  I forgot to vote today.

2 minutes ago, AndreaK1041 said:

+1!

• Love 1

Day/Z had a quick cinco before feeds went down. Basically, talking about how no one has balls to put up Paulie/Corey is his final 2, and when to take out big players. As much as I hate to say it, Zakiyah was right: taking out/nominating Paulie right now is too soon for her. She wouldn't have the numbers and would basically be public enemy #1 in the house. She did say that the best time to do it was during double eviction. 

• Love 1
Just now, CheetaraThunder said:

Zakiyah was right: taking out/nominating Paulie right now is too soon for her. She wouldn't have the numbers and would basically be public enemy #1 in the house.

This will always be true for everyone and so everyone will just do nothing and then be like "What happened?" when they get fucked over and the final 5 is Paulie and his boys.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, wings707 said:

"How DARE she say I'm disrespectful to women, on national TV, with my mother listening!" continues ad nauseam to anybody within earshot...

• Love 5
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

This will always be true for everyone and so everyone will just do nothing and then be like "What happened?" when they get fucked over and the final 5 is Paulie and his boys.

YES!  It will never be the right time for these spineless wonders!   Strike when it's hot and deal with the backlash!  No matter when you take someone out their will be consequences.  SO DEAL WITH IT!  

• Love 3

I would say the best move for anyone in that House that wants to break up the Paulie circle of trust (which is no one except maybe Michelle/Natalie - but they wouldn't be gutsy enough to do it correctly) would be: Paul/Paulie up on the block. If Corey wins Veto and takes Paulie down, Nicole goes up so he probably wouldn't use it. If Nicole wins, she won't use it so Corey doesn't go up. If Vic wins and takes Paul down, Corey goes up. If Z/Michelle/James win and takes Paulie down, Corey goes up. If Paul/Paulie take themselves down, Corey goes up.

Paul would be voted out, though. But at least one of those Boys go.

You'd be in big trouble the next week, though. So, who knows.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 5

You know what we haven't had yet this season? An utterly useless player swearing eternal vengeance on everybody who voted out their friend/ally/mutual masturbation partner. Maybe Day's eviction will mean we'll see Z in the DR raging against the boys and threatening to go the full Rachel Reilly...

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sharkfan said:

You know what we haven't had yet this season? An utterly useless player swearing eternal vengeance on everybody who voted out their friend/ally/mutual masturbation partner. Maybe Day's eviction will mean we'll see Z in the DR raging against the boys and threatening to go the full Rachel Reilly...

The closest we've gotten is Bridgette whining in DRs that Frank "didn't deserve" to be voted out. Blech.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

I'm salivating already.....

2 hours ago, sharkfan said:

Right - good-natured, sweet, respectful, kind-hearted, thoughtful - what a bitch, clearly...

As frustrated as I can get with her lack of gaming, this makes me hope Natalie wins AFP even more. I don't know if it will happen, but having any of the women win, let alone Nat, will drive the men crazy. And I'm all for that!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was thinking Paul/Corey and try to BD Paulie. Paulie will win veto if he plays so it might be better to keep him off the block and pray he doesn't get picked.

I wish, but Corey's most trusted are Paulie/James/Nicole. And he wants F3 with Paulie/Nicole. He also wouldn't mind Paul in F5.

He said all this while talking to the cameras alone. And that Michelle reminds him of a cat (he doesn't know why, but thinks Michelle sounds like a cat name) and he leaves her a saucer of milk by the bed every morning. Which is my favorite Corey thing.

Edited by mooses

I want Nicole on the block in the worst way.  I don't care how she gets there....who puts her up .... or who she's sitting next to, but the icing on the cake would be Nicole sitting next to Corey.

• Love 4