Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I pointed this out in the episode thread but I feel it could be repeated: Victor is screwing himself with his goodbye messages, too. Gloating and doing the whole "you voted me out, so now I voted you out. Someone has to win the $500K" is not going to get someone to vote for you to win the game. Contrast to someone like Nicole's goodbye messages. She always says how much it suuuucks that that person had to leave and she hopes that they'll be friends when the season is over aaaand stuff like that.

This is a very good point!

2 hours ago, AbsoluteShower said:

It was a really nice interview. Love that girl!

I honestly don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks, her and James are perfect together, and I hope they find real happiness with each other.

He treated her like shit.  He is still talking bad about her and not in a game way, in a personal way.  He hounded her and hounded her and then tells everyone he had to babysit her.  More like she had to babysit him.  He is a 30something asshole who left his own child behind.  He played the game very poorly.  Remember when he told her she could not dress in Texas like she dresses now?  What the hell was that?  It was him telling her he doesn't like how she dresses.  He has showed her his true self and not in any game way.  When people show them who they are, believe them.

If he followed her to New York/Jersey area she will have him surfing the couch with his 80s attire and bald head and him trying to control a perfectly normal person.  I find him pathetic.  She won't fall for his shit.

I always find it hard to believe that a normal person can take almost 4 months off work to do this show.  Just saying.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

This is a very good point!

He treated her like shit.  He is still talking bad about her and not in a game way, in a personal way.  He hounded her and hounded her and then tells everyone he had to babysit her.  More like she had to babysit him.  He is a 30something asshole who left his own child behind.  He played the game very poorly.  Remember when he told her she could not dress in Texas like she dresses now?  What the hell was that?  It was him telling her he doesn't like how she dresses.  He has showed her his true self and not in any game way.  When people show them who they are, believe them.

If he followed her to New York/Jersey area she will have him surfing the couch with his 80s attire and bald head and him trying to control a perfectly normal person.  I find him pathetic.  She won't fall for his shit.

I always find it hard to believe that a normal person can take almost 4 months off work to do this show.  Just saying.

Like I said - don't give a fuck. Your opinion is your opinion. That's OK.

• Love 2

Last night about 11:30 James told Paul, Victor, Nicole and Corey about Natalie being an NFL Cheerleader.  He reminded himself that Nat didn't want anyone to know 'her secret,' but he told them anyway.  

• Love 2
Just now, J.D. said:

Last night about 11:30 James told Paul, Victor, Nicole and Corey about Natalie being an NFL Cheerleader.  He reminded himself that Nat didn't want anyone to know 'her secret,' but he told them anyway.  

I didn't agree with him doing that either.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I've become somewhat zen on this season at this point. I don't really give a shit anymore who wins and who loses. Bring on BBOTT I say! I'm ready to move on.

That is where I am, as well.  Jury house footage, Victor winning the veto and next HOH will provide a little perk but that is it.  I don't care about the amount of time the feeds will be blocked either.  I have a good book and Survivor is starting soon.  BB offers very little in the final weeks and even less this season. 

• Love 3
Just now, AbsoluteShower said:

Jesus what a monster...

This is what I posted about earlier where he acts differently with other people than by himself or with her. Watching live feeds from July of these 2 when James was HOH. Good times.

• Love 1

Instead of having 2 cameras on 1 room and 2 cameras on another, I wish BB would let us choose whether we want to watch what's going on in the BB house OR toggle over to the jury house.  And if it's a privacy thing -- (meaning that once you reach the jury house you shouldn't have to worry about camera's in your face 24/7), -- I'd be fine if there was just a designated couple of places in the jury house where the jurors can 'visit' if they want to vent to America.  Anything's better than watching the final few weeks of the BB house.

After Paul and Vic are gone, my choices will be (1) watch the BB house or (2) watch paint dry.   Decisions.....decisions........  

Edited by J.D.
I haven't had my coffee yet.
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Like I said - don't give a fuck. Your opinion is your opinion. That's OK.

That's ok.  Natalie is too smart for him and too realistic.  There is no way she is taking him home to her family.  I laugh at the mere thought of it.  Ain't.going.to.happen.

Edited by jumper sage
to and too are different
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, J.D. said:

What does it matter?  She is out of the house.   It is not a job that pays big money or gives you any special game skills, reasons others conceal their employment.  She is very proud of this accomplishment and may have thought it was akin to being a celebrity of sorts.  ???  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

That's ok.  Natalie is too smart for him and to realistic.  There is no way she is taking him home to her family.  I laugh at the mere thought of it.  Ain't.going.to.happen.

Agree to disagree! We can go back and forth on this all day - I won't change your mind, you won't change mine! Again though, that's quite OK!

• Love 1
Just now, wings707 said:

What does it matter?  She is out of the house.   It is not a job that pays big money or gives you any special game skills, reasons others conceal their employment.  She is very proud of this accomplishment and may have thought it was akin to being a celebrity of sorts.  ???  

I agree with everything you are saying here. The thing is it was Natalie's secret and Natalie should tell anyone SHE wants to.

1 minute ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Agree to disagree! We can go back and forth on this all day - I won't change your mind, you won't change mine! Again though, that's quite OK!

You know I am in total agreement with you ABSOLUTESHOWER but I think we are being baited and I am not biting. Just sayin.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Well, for once I'm not thinking in game-mode.  Usually, my posts here center away from human personal interactions and like-minded bonding, and center more toward strategy and how to move your chess pieces (read:  fellow house guest) to better your game.  In this instance, I set that ideology aside and channeled Nat for just a second.  I don't think she would appreciate James breaking a confidence.  He promised not to tell anyone.  He didn't promise not to tell anyone until after it no longer mattered game-wise.  For me it's a matter of principle.  It doesn't matter what the 'secret' is.  What matters is the promise.  

Edited by J.D.
  • Love 13
25 minutes ago, J.D. said:

11 minutes ago, wings707 said:

My guess is James trying to make them all feel better/superior about themselves for kicking Nat out.  He's covering his butt in case Veto goes bad for him.  He seems safe with Nicorey, but he knows it's BB F5.  Shit happens sometimes.

I looked up the stipends.  

This link claims they get $750 per week, or $18.75 per hour for a 40 hour week.  Or $4.46 per hour for the 168 hours per week they are in the house or jury :)  Only paid after the finale.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/168362-how-much-are-big-brother-18-houseguests-paid-stipends-prize-money-make-for-a-profitable

So lots people without a "career" type corporate job could easily swing it.  Plus you won't be spending any money and could probably cut some other living expenses like rent and insurance while incarcerated.  Some employers will grant an unpaid leave of absence.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

I agree with you ABSOLUTESHOWER. Obviously people see things differently.

I am a fan of them as well. I don't really care too much what he says about her now that she is out of the house. I have yet to hear him say anything really bad frankly and they are trying to twist the knife I think to try to get him off his game. I think Paul does it just for kicks. He got too much joy when he told James nat threw him under the bus.All these people disliked her fir whatever reason and if he wants to fit in socially with these bros and brodette, he has to kind of go along. I want him to make it to F2 and I am sure Nat does as well.

I believe what he says when he is alone or talking to the feeds. He has actually had some sweet moments since she left. And you can see when he is alone how much he misses her. 

i watched the feeds their last day together when they were playing fish. After all the drama and stress of the last few days, and all the bickering and hurt feelings on both sides, they were genuinely having a good time together and making each other laugh. Moments like that are real. Moments like that keep you going.

Future Romance, maybe not. But strong friendship I can see.

Also, probably in the minority, but I think he can take that final HOH. He can win the endurance one fir sure. And the way his mind works, I can actually see him winning that who said what jury comp. You can't overthink it and frankly James has never had that problem.

?love the dude but brain power is not his Strength.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

This link claims they get $750 per week, or $18.75 per hour for a 40 hour week.  Or $4.46 per hour for the 168 hours per week they are in the house or jury :)  Only paid after the finale.

That figure is from 2011 as well, so presumably it has increased quite substantially since then.

ETA: Per BigBrotherLeak it's now $1000 a week.

Edited by AbsoluteShower
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, urusai said:

Per Dingo's:  "James gave up Natalie's of having been a Jets cheerleader (apparently she'd told him he could if he wanted to, after she was gone."

Thank the lord he waited until she left; who knows what would have happened had they known.  <eye roll> 

ETA......in 2012

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Good god, this woman. Let's not forget while she said this she had visions of wangs dancing in her head...

Were they dressed as sugarplum fairies?

That said, it's also consistent with Nicole's strategy that she divulged in her one DR to keep pointing out she's the only woman (oh, excuse me, girl sounds less threatening) left and to make herself sound like a weak opponent to increase her odds of reaching F2.

Hell, with others (Vic) imploding their own game through their bragging, she may have to resort to limping around the house soon.

• Love 4

James can't help himself. He is desperate to be liked by the "cool kids". I don't blame him for this. It's deep seated and probably rooted in his childhood. I think James could use therapy and some more education and, after all, he might be a good guy. But right now? No. Nat needs to run.

I'm warming up to being OK with a Corey win.

Absolutely not Nicole or Paul.If James manages to win somehow I will lose my shit. Worst winner ever?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, AbsoluteShower said:

That figure is from 2011 as well, so presumably it has increased quite substantially since then.

ETA: Per BigBrotherLeak it's now $1000 a week.

I'm glad to hear they increased the stipend since they haven't bothered to increase the prize in 15 years.   $500K in 2000 should be something like $700K in 2016 dollars.  

*It's actually $702,688.65 according to an online inflation calculator. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Irishsecra said:

I am a fan of them as well. I don't really care too much what he says about her now that she is out of the house. I have yet to hear him say anything really bad frankly and they are trying to twist the knife I think to try to get him off his game. I think Paul does it just for kicks. He got too much joy when he told James nat threw him under the bus.All these people disliked her fir whatever reason and if he wants to fit in socially with these bros and brodette, he has to kind of go along. I want him to make it to F2 and I am sure Nat does as well.

I believe what he says when he is alone or talking to the feeds. He has actually had some sweet moments since she left. And you can see when he is alone how much he misses her. 

i watched the feeds their last day together when they were playing fish. After all the drama and stress of the last few days, and all the bickering and hurt feelings on both sides, they were genuinely having a good time together and making each other laugh. Moments like that are real. Moments like that keep you going.

Future Romance, maybe not. But strong friendship I can see.

Also, probably in the minority, but I think he can take that final HOH. He can win the endurance one fir sure. And the way his mind works, I can actually see him winning that who said what jury comp. You can't overthink it and frankly James has never had that problem.

?love the dude but brain power is not his Strength.

Loved this post. Exactly how I feel. Friends at worst but maybe more. He can win the endurance part of the final 3 and I hope he makes it that far. Can you imagine how Natalie may feel if she sees Victor and than Paul walk into the jury house? It would b great if we could see that.

2 hours ago, urusai said:

Per Dingo's:  "James gave up Natalie's of having been a Jets cheerleader (apparently she'd told him he could if he wanted to, after she was gone."

I di not remember her saying that so if she did I am fine with James telling them.

• Love 2

@AbsoluteShower I think you know I'm not a Natalie/James fan but goodness gracious your icon is adorable!

3 hours ago, Irishsecra said:

You can't overthink it and frankly James has never had that problem.

LMAO! You're not wrong!

Part 3 of final HOH is literally just a guessing game so anyone can win. It might as well be a crap shoot comp. I continue to wish they'd change that up so that the comp that gets you to F2 is one where you actually have to know something to win.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

I thought Natalie told everyone she was a Jets cheerleader. I just assumed it was common knowledge. Didn't she tell them (some of them) that she wanted to be a DCC?  I heard on RHAP where someone asked what's worse......saying you are a teacher when you are actually a cop or not telling someone you are a cheerleader (or, something to that effect). LOL!! I saw her pictures as a Jet and she looked really cute. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I thought Natalie told everyone she was a Jets cheerleader. I just assumed it was common knowledge. Didn't she tell them (some of them) that she wanted to be a DCC?  I heard on RHAP where someone asked what's worse......saying you are a teacher when you are actually a cop or not telling someone you are a cheerleader (or, something to that effect). LOL!! I saw her pictures as a Jet and she looked really cute. 

She told Bridgette, Bronte (I think) and James.

ETA: Nat as a member of the Flight Crew (Jets...Flight Crew....geddit? Oh, please yourselves...)

130920-gg-natalie-400.jpg

Edited by AbsoluteShower
  • Love 5

I either didn't know or forgot about Natalie being a cheerleader but honestly who is surprised?  Her entire public personality is a cheerleader! 

And I don't know about the Jets but Seattle, like many NFL teams, pays their cheerleaders minimum wage by the hour - hardly enough to cover the bills.  On average it's under $3500 a season.    I think I remember reading Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders make something like $50 a game despite making hundreds of thousands for the team.    So I guess it's something they do for reasons other than money.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, bbaddict said:

I di not remember her saying that so if she did I am fine with James telling them.

I read that on a jokers recap last week. She said he could tell after she left if he wanted to. He did not break her trust.

What the hell is going on?  I have been checking in from time to time.  They started this early in the morning, right?  We aren't at the point where the feeds will be blocked for days, I don't think.  

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

@AbsoluteShower I think you know I'm not a Natalie/James fan but goodness gracious your icon is adorable!

LMAO! You're not wrong!

Part 3 of final HOH is literally just a guessing game so anyone can win. It might as well be a crap shoot comp. I continue to wish they'd change that up so that the comp that gets you to F2 is one where you actually have to know something to win.

I have often felt it favors someone with a good social game but not particularly smart. Someone who doesn't work through questions mentally but just goes with his gut fir an answer.

that is James!?

5 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I either didn't know or forgot about Natalie being a cheerleader but honestly who is surprised?  Her entire public personality is a cheerleader! 

And I don't know about the Jets but Seattle, like many NFL teams, pays their cheerleaders minimum wage by the hour - hardly enough to cover the bills.  On average it's under $3500 a season.    I think I remember reading Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders make something like $50 a game despite making hundreds of thousands for the team.    So I guess it's something they do for reasons other than money.  

Interestingly enough the Flight Crew filed a lawsuit against the Jets in 2014 over measly pay ($3.77 an hour) and having to cover their own expenses. The suit was settled early this year.

http://fortune.com/2016/01/27/nfl-cheerleader-pay/

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

What the hell is going on?  I have been checking in from time to time.  They started this early in the morning, right?  We aren't at the point where the feeds will be blocked for days, I don't think.  

They started about 1:15 PST. That means it's either facemorph or BBComics - I'm thinking Facemorph.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Interestingly enough the Flight Crew filed a lawsuit against the Jets in 2014 over measly pay ($3.77 an hour) and having to cover their own expenses. The suit was settled early this year.

http://fortune.com/2016/01/27/nfl-cheerleader-pay/

Sorry this is OT. Yeah. Five NFL teams were sued by some of their cheerleaders or former cheerleaders over pay and sexual harassment. 

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/local/2015/06/03/buffalo-jills-lawsuit-inspires-bill/28447747/

This article doesn't mention too many details of the Jills' suit, but they were pretty heinous (including a "jiggle test.") 

You couldn't pay me enough to do Nat's job.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, bbaddict said:

I agree with everything you are saying here. The thing is it was Natalie's secret and Natalie should tell anyone SHE wants to.

You know I am in total agreement with you ABSOLUTESHOWER but I think we are being baited and I am not biting. Just sayin.

To be fair she had no problem telling everyone Bronte & Bridgette's secrets after they left. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, simplyme said:

Sorry this is OT. Yeah. Five NFL teams were sued by some of their cheerleaders or former cheerleaders over pay and sexual harassment. 

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/local/2015/06/03/buffalo-jills-lawsuit-inspires-bill/28447747/

This article doesn't mention too many details of the Jills' suit, but they were pretty heinous (including a "jiggle test.") 

You couldn't pay me enough to do Nat's job.

Can you imagine even being able to have this conversation on TWOP?

1 minute ago, SiobhanJW said:

To be fair she had no problem telling everyone Bronte & Bridgette's secrets after they left. 

What was Bridgette's secret? She is one of those "Angel Of Death" nurses?

• Love 3