Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, me5671 said:

That's the art of the game, though.  He wouldn't get labelled paranoid if he would just go up to the HoH room and have a conversation with her.  I'm not talking about a game conversation... just a regular conversation.  Small talk.  He's just sitting there assuming everything's ok, which is silly.

This is why James is really bad at the game. He assumes that personal relationships = game relationships. He's put so much stock in Nicole because they're friends in real life and her mom really likes him and, frankly, it's just easier to decide to trust some person(s) and hope/assume things are going to work out. James is too lazy to do the constant monitoring, reassessing, and shoring up that good players (like Paul) do ALL THE TIME.  Actually, most players have that failing. It's exhausting to have to be thinking and scheming and working 24/7.

In this situation, James is really the keeper of the relationship with Nicole, which is the linchpin of the Nicorey-Jatalie alliance, so he should have been consciously and intentionally managing that relationship. He should know that Nicole is easily influenced and unsure of herself/her decisions and he knows how convincing and forceful Paul can be, so he never should have allowed Paul to spend hours and hours with Nicorey without James, Nat, or Michelle. He absolutely should have done it under the guise of "friendship" and just hanging out, making Nicole feel like she's on the Best Double Date Ever with him and Nat and gassing her up about how America must love them and how awesome she and Corey are together. He also should have casually reiterated how dangerous and duplicitous Paul is at every opportunity. Nicole is too much of an attention whore to be cool with just being left alone. He should have known that she would whine and vacillate a lot because she always does. Corey, her main advisor, is also easily influenced and prone to look for a leader to follow. Of course Paul was more than happy to fill that void because he gets it. I really don't think James even analyzes the situation in the house that deeply. His thinking is:

1) Nicole is my friend in real life (her mom loves me!).

2) We kept them safe last week (even though I stupidly told them that Nat wanted to evict Corey at one point).

3) Why would they ever betray us? Showmance Alliance to the end!

He's not overly concerned with what Paul/Vic are doing because, in James' mind, there's nothing they can do because everything is all settled. He lacks imagination and doesn't get that other people (like Paul) don't necessarily have that failing.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, jdub514 said:

All this talk about Victor getting back in the house twice now and you know who really got screwed?  Frank.  Evicted 6th so didn't play in the Battle Back and evicted before jury so didn't play in the Jury Buy Back.  He's the only person evicted so far who didn't get a chance to get back in the house.

He had a chance for the return ticket.

• Love 3

I agree with those who thought Cody was actually sort of impressive in his interview with Jeff on the After Show. He seems to have a level head on his shoulders and didn't go overboard in defending Paulie. I was disappointed that Jeff didn't ask after the dying aunt and how she was doing, though. Aunt Dodie Calafiore's condition has been weighing heavily on my mind these past few weeks.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 5
Just now, Sara2009 said:

Are we sure that there's going to be another DE? Someone elsewhere pointed out that there are 4 weeks left and 7 players. How will the math work out if BB keeps to the usual schedule?

There's always two double evictions. Those are the highest rated episodes so I doubt they wouldn't have one. 

And I don't have the schedule in front of me but when it gets to F5, there are two evictions in a matter of days.

Here's my best guess at the schedule:

Thursday, Sept 1: eviction, down to final 6

Thursday, Sept 8: double eviction, down to final 4

Thursday, Sept 15: eviction, down to final 3

Sunday, Sept 18: first part of HOH, start of part 2

Wednesday, Sept 21: Finale, conclusion of part 2 and part 3

They actually do seem off by a week/HG. 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Cutty said:

There's always two double evictions. Those are the highest rated episodes so I doubt they wouldn't have one. 

And I don't have the schedule in front of me but when it gets to F5, there are two evictions in a matter of days.

They'll have to get rid of the surprise Sunday eviction they usually do near the end then.

1 minute ago, Sara2009 said:

They'll have to get rid of the surprise Sunday eviction they usually do near the end then.

Yeah. The F5 eviction is usually taped and aired on a Wednesday. (It was Austin's eviction last season.)

1 minute ago, Cutty said:

Yeah. The F5 eviction is usually taped and aired on a Wednesday. (It was Austin's eviction last season.)

I'll miss all the crazy and incorrect rumors if there's no surprise eviction. Ha ha

36 minutes ago, Sara2009 said:

Are we sure that there's going to be another DE? Someone elsewhere pointed out that there are 4 weeks left and 7 players. How will the math work out if BB keeps to the usual schedule?

I saw that CBS released the schedule for the live show tapings on a site where you can get tickets and stuff. There was an extra live show taping on a Monday, so people are saying we won't get another Double Eviction, just the Fast Forward week.

Here's the link:

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-18-schedule-final-live-show-dates/

6 hours ago, wings707 said:

Yes, he was removed via medi vac early in the game. 

--------------------

Since there is nothing much to hold my interest, we better get a blindside on Thursday.  I feel certain the DR wants this, too.  Sometimes their meddling works to our favor.  

Watching BBAD now.  

In convo with Nat and Michele in UK as he sweeps the room [abbreviated]: 

He agrees with them that some may be afraid of him because he is a straight shooter.  Nicole respects him and that is why she is doing what he wants and evicting Paul, says Nat.  

I don't pay much attention to HGs after BB ends, so I am not sure how many freak out reading negative feedback.  Maggie and Cappy did.  I cringe typing that, I don't even know his real name.  

I think James is going to be a mess.  

I cringed a little because I actually remembered his name was Eric.  I mean I had to look it up to confirm it but yeah Cappy's name was Eric.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, mooses said:

I saw that CBS released the schedule for the live show tapings on a site where you can get tickets and stuff. There was an extra live show taping on a Monday, so people are saying we won't get another Double Eviction, just the Fast Forward week.

Here's the link:

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-18-schedule-final-live-show-dates/

The Fast Forward weeks ARE double-eviction weeks by design.  This one is just the second of the two that are scheduled.  The first (although Julie didn't expressly call it that) was the week that Zakiyah and Bridgette were evicted.

11 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

The Fast Forward weeks ARE double-eviction weeks by design.  This one is just the second of the two that are scheduled.  The first (although Julie didn't expressly call it that) was the week that Zakiyah and Bridgette were evicted.

They're different because it doesn't all happen in one night - that's a Double Eviction. It seems like we won't be getting one of those this season again. It'll be a compressed week, where everything happens in only a couple of days instead of a whole week - a Fast Forward. They can tape it on Monday and air it another day, like Austin's eviction last season.

Edited by mooses
1 minute ago, mooses said:

They're different because it doesn't all happen in one night - that's a Double Eviction. It seems like we won't be getting one of those this season again. It'll be a compressed week, where everything happens in only a couple of days instead of a whole week - a Fast Forward. They can tape it on Monday and air it another day, like Austin's eviction last season.

Then they've changed the definition of "Fast Forward" from the way I remember it from the last full season I watched.  I distinctly remember the term meaning what "Double Eviction" now means:  a full week's worth of competitions and ceremonies all occurring in rapid succession in the same night immediately following the first live eviction.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I agree with all of this. Extending the season to 99 days was a big mistake. It always gets boring at the end and it's even more so now simply because of burn out from watching for 2 fucking months already! If they insist on these long seasons they need to at least ramp things up at the end like you suggest.

I can't believe they're doing a fall season right after this one. It's too much! And yet I'll be here, watching and bitching about it.

This feels like forever. I've been ready for this to end. Usually, I get so used to the Feeds in the background that I think it'll be weird once it's over, but I've stopped turning them on so much and I can't wait to forget about this season. The two chances for a Jury member to return definitely didn't help - especially this late one because it's like the season moved backwards again.

And there wasn't any reason to get rid of Glenn like that. If you want a long season, keep enough HGs to fill it! 

5 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Then they've changed the definition of "Fast Forward" from the way I remember it from the last full season I watched.  I distinctly remember the term meaning what "Double Eviction" now means:  a full week's worth of competitions and ceremonies all occurring in rapid succession in the same night immediately following the first live eviction.

I think you're probably right! It's just how I differentiate them in my mind. I honestly can't remember what Julie calls them (and, to be fair, Julie probably wouldn't remember either without her Big Brother cue cards).

• Love 5

I think it would be pretty interesting if Paul or Victor won HOH next week.  They would definitely have to show their cards.  Does anyone have any insights who they actually want to go to F4/F3 with?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

I think it would be pretty interesting if Paul or Victor won HOH next week.  They would definitely have to show their cards.  Does anyone have any insights who they actually want to go to F4/F3 with?

I think they'd definitely want James gone next week. If they can't get him, then Natalie. But James would be their Number One target.

They seem pretty serious about F4 with Corey/Nicole - although Nicole beat them in two competitions this week, so if they get James, I see them gunning for Nicole. Then it'd be Vic/Paul/Corey/Natalie - pretty good F4 for them.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, mooses said:

I'm still sad that we never got to see all of his eviction. I wanted to see him pleading with Vanessa to change her mind and not evict him PLEEEEEASE! but of course, they didn't show that part. It was satisfying to see him go out without wearing shoes, though.

• Love 5

Also, I didn't see this mentioned - Paul/Michelle hashed things out last night, and both kind of apologized to the other for what happened. Paul said he's sorry for hurting her feelings, but that's what he was trying to do. Michelle said she never should have butted into the conversation. Neither are great at apologies - they'd say sorry, then justify why they did what they did, but it was a long conversation. 

Michelle said it hurt her that he called her a bully and a terrible person because she thought Paul was the same way as her. Which is true! They are the same in a lot of ways - Paul just has a better sense of humor so it's easier to give him a pass.

When retelling to Natalie/James, Michelle said Paul is such a good talker and she almost believed what he said (like that he never talks game with Nicole/Corey). And Paul twisted the conversation around in his retellings like he does.

9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'm still sad that we never got to see all of his eviction. I wanted to see him pleading with Vanessa to change her mind and not evict him PLEEEEEASE! but of course, they didn't show that part. It was satisfying to see him go out without wearing shoes, though.

Me too! Of course the one eviction that's actually exciting is taped and edited. But that was such a great moment of the season - the Final 6 or so of that season was intense. It makes the end of this season all the more unsatisfying.

ETA: One of my favorite moments towards the end of last season was when Liz/Austin wanted to jump ship because Meg/James were more fun. We almost had to admit that the Summer Camp strategy worked!

Edited by mooses
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, jdub514 said:

All this talk about Victor getting back in the house twice now and you know who really got screwed?  Frank.  Evicted 6th so didn't play in the Battle Back and evicted before jury so didn't play in the Jury Buy Back.  He's the only person evicted so far who didn't get a chance to get back in the house.

NGL this delights me. But like someone else mentioned he did have one chance to return.

1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

Yea, they have in fact changed the definition. What are now called Double Evictions used to be called Fast Forwards. Double Evictions used to be when they'd do an eviction like normal on Thursday and then the feeds would go down all weekend while they filmed another eviction that would air on Sunday.

• Love 1

Nicole: I barely got any negativity, so I'm so scared about doing this over again. One thing will ruin my day, one tiny little thing.

Delightful! I wish someone would follow Nicole around and film her seeing all the hate she's gotten this season. That'd be fun to watch!

She also said the only person currently in jury that she wants to be friends with is Paulie. She sure knows how to pick 'em!

ETA: They've switched from fish to Jeffish. That's weird. I wonder what that thing in the sky was?!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

What a waste of a blow up doll.

And we get Jeff for this?   

2 minutes ago, mooses said:

Why put all the effort into that and then write an indecipherable message?

It says Michele is next juror.  What is the #1 though.  

7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

And we get Jeff for this?   

It says Michele is next juror.  What is the #1 though.  

I see "Jur8 BBS18 #1". If they're claiming that BB18 is the best season, I have a bridge to sell them.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2
Just now, Callaphera said:

I see "Jur8 BBS18 #1". If they're claiming this BB18 is the best season, I have a bridge to sell them.

Oh....I think I got it.

I think they're saying that the Jury this season is the best. I don't get the 8 in Jur8, though.

The leading theory seems to be "JU (Joker's Updates) R8 (Rates)" and then either BB18 #1 or Natalie #1 (since the doll is a brunette female, I guess).

The next person out isn't even the 8th person evicted, right? So I don't see how it's about Jury.

1 minute ago, mooses said:

The leading theory seems to be "JU (Joker's Updates) R8 (Rates)" and then either BB18 #1 or Natalie #1 (since the doll is a brunette female, I guess).

The next person out isn't even the 8th person evicted, right? So I don't see how it's about Jury.

How is anyone supposed to even figure that out?

I stand by my theory that the fans wanted Corey to have a girlfriend that's on his intellectual level. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, mooses said:

I don't get Natalie.  Yeah, doll has brown hair but ?? Juror #8, no way to guess that yet.   Natalie on feeds is talking about the #1 so some saw it. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Personally, if I did that, I would have gotten a pool floatie and wrote Paul all over it.

He'd probably think that you loved him, then. I would've just down a big sheet with big letters that said "Fuck you, Nicole!"

• Love 3

Honestly, I'm afraid that these idiots will jump to the conclusion that the feeders are encouraging Michelle to go out. Why? Knowing Michelle, she'd deduce that since the doll was a girl, this is obviously a hint that it's about Michelle and of course she's doing the right thing in getting her out! If I was Nicole, though, I should be thinking the opposite, in that because I'm so concerned with getting Michelle out that maybe this is a hint that I shouldn't be getting her out because this isn't what America wants and maybe Paul is the better way to go.

Thank god I'm not Nicole.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 1

Of course Natalie believes the blow up doll was an insult to her..of course.

And it's funny hearing Nicole stating she is afraid of the girls in jury and would only be friends with Paulie ( through Cody), when in reality Day/Z/Bridge don't give two shits about Nicole and Cody already stated he doesn't talk to Nicole anymore lol.

Has Jamesy/Natalie actually gone to talk to Nicole/Corey at all? Like leave the bedroom and social with them?

• Love 6

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 3.37.06 PM.png

Everyone's just going to use this to justify whatever they're thinking. Even the theories fans are throwing around are just far stretched conclusions to confirm their opinions.

13 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I don't get Natalie.  Yeah, doll has brown hair but ?? Juror #8, no way to guess that yet.   Natalie on feeds is talking about the #1 so some saw it. 

Yeah, I agree. A blow up doll is a little too offensive for someone to show their fandom for Natalie. Especially considering how she's talked about this season.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 5