Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

Interesting to see Nicole above James on an internet poll.  That may have something to do with his pranking and hiding from Paul every damn time.  ???  He thinks that is cute and fun.  It isn't. 

• Love 2

I have two sons in their 20's.  They are straight, and have plenty of guy friends/roommates/fraternity brothers etc - guys they feel close to.   They display affection for other guys with that sort of handshake-that-turns-into-a-half-hug-slap-on-the-back thing.  Neither one would hold hands or cuddle in bed with another guy.  So I'm confused by the extent of the physical affection between Paulie and Corey.  is that something guys do?  I'm generally the last person who will claim I have "gaydar"  because I find it offensive to draw conclusions about someone based on clothing, hair, voice, etc.  But the expressions of love, and the display of physical closeness, caresses, cuddling, etc., has me wondering about their relationship.  I don't watch the feeds, I do watch the clips here, and I see a romantic attraction between those two. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 3

Well, Natalie wants to give Paulie a sympathy vote. I say this again: this woman is too good for this show. The fact that she's willing to do that, even with all the crap he's done to her, shows her character. I'll fight someone if they ever say that Natalie isn't a genuine sweetheart. 

• Love 10

IF Paulie has the RT, then "all" he needs is for him and Corey to win the next two HoHs, which would certainly be difficult, but not insanely difficult. They're both good competitors. So I think it would be premature to write them off based on this week. 

If he DOESN'T have the RT, then yeah, obviously he's gone. But even in that scenario, they'll almost assuredly be a buyback if he doesn't have the RT, and he could win that. 

But sure, don't get me wrong, he's in a very bad situation right now. And I'm pleased about that, as I don't like the guy. But I think it's too soon to write him off completely. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 2

If Paulie does have the RT the Twitter-verse will lose their #%*@!!!! I think he does thus him being at the "Friday" concert. I'm sure AG will have an answer for everything and the show will move forward. The live feeds & the broadcast are two different worlds and shall the twain never meet.

• Love 3

When will we know about the results of any buy back that is planned? I would think that first Paulie needs to be [not] eliminated. So the Friday night show doesn't seem probable - I suspect that's already "in the can".  Unless, of course, TPTB know Paulie has the RT, and is scheduling around that.

3 hours ago, TimWil said:

Exactly! They send the care packages very soon after the voting ends, like, a few hours later. The HoH comp/co-HoH reveal could very likely occur early tomorrow afternoon BB time.

They're not going to wait until tomorrow to do an HOH comp. Every week since the care package started it's been the same, they do HOH on Thursday evenings then announce the care package Friday morning then do noms Friday evening. I don't see them straying from this schedule randomly this week.

2 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

So to act like Victor/Paul winning is some foregone conclusion is foolish at this point. 

Really though. Also, Victor is nor running anything. Victor is, as he always was, being run by someone else. The great thing about this Victor/Paul/Natalie/James/Michelle alliance is it's very loose. They're really only all together because they want Paulie/Corey out. After that, there's really no telling how they will all align. 

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I have a question about the feeds on eviction night. Why are so many Jeffish leading up to eviction night? Do they have to rehearse every Thursday? If they do isn't it the same thing every Thursday? Just curious.

Yea, they rehearse certain things, learn rules for the comp, are told where to sit, etc. And yes it's basically the same exact thing every week.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

When will we know about the results of any buy back that is planned? 

The buy back only needs to be planned, though, if Paulie doesn't have the RT. They obviously know one way or the other. If he does have it, then they don't need to plan a BuyBack. If he doesn't have it, then yeah, they should be planning something right about now. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
1 hour ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Which kind of hints that he might not have the RT. If he knew he had the RT he might be more inclined to sit back and pretend to "accept his fate" and "leave with dignity"...

I don't think Paulie has one way or the other about whether he actually has the RT - but keep reading...

19 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Paulie to camera- If I can pull this off, your boy is still trying to make it to the finals. Dont think I'm rolling over and dying

Does he think he's on the verge of some Dan-like miracle turnaround?

...what I do think is Paulie has read The Secret a few times too many, to the point he believes if he keeps thinking positively about the RT - visualizing it's already in his possession, putting out positive affirmations into the universe to that effect, etc. - it will magically pop up in his envelope when he needs it.  This would be consistent with the "positive vibes" bit Paulie and Corey were feeding Natalie at the kitchen table last night, when they kept quizzing Natalie on any/all positive associations she had with the numbers 2 and 10 - those being Corey's and Paulie's respective ticket envelope numbers.  This would also account for Paulie being "almost certain" he had the RT in other conversations earlier today.

Me, I think it's bullshit - but what do I know?  I'll give it a try - and heck, y'all are welcome to join in!  Just picture this:

• Paulie sitting in the chair next to Julie;
  • Julie ripping open the envelope;
  • And then -  the outrageous shout of joy you involuntarily let loose as Julie slowly turns the ticket to the camera so you, Paulie, and the rest of the world can read the "ONE WAY" printed on it... and Paulie's face crumbles in shock....

Wow.  That felt GOOD.  Now just keep doing that until you're watching this evening, and see everything transpire JUST AS YOU VISUALIZED IT....

Yaknow, now I hope there IS something to this after all.  ;>

Edited by Nashville
I sing the body electric!
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

peachmangosteen, at the conclusion of last night's show there was no reference to an HoH comp on tonight's show. That's very telling. It's quite possible the HoH comp will be pushed back to tomorrow to accomodate the Care Package.

• Love 1

The Jury Backback is something that Paulie can win.  Depending when they're going to have it (if Paulie doesn't have the RT), he's going to be competing against hgs like Day, Z, Bridget, possibly Corey, Nicole, Michelle.  Last yr, they did with the last 8 evicted on the jury and Johnny Mack won.

8 minutes ago, Nashville said:

...what I do think is Paulie has read The Secret a few times too many

As a retired librarian cornered one too many times by gushing believers in The Secret, I hate that book.

3 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Paulie.......read??????  I seriously doubt his druthers go much beyond Field and Stream.

Fear not! There's also a video version. Gag.

10 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Me, I think it's bullshit - but what do I know?  :>

I'd bet more than Paulie.

Then again, I tried to put Provincetown in RI earlier today, so take my opinion with the grain of salt it deserves. :P 

• Love 6

Paulie has a 1 in 8 shot of having the RT correct? I am going to believe what he's been saying lately and how he was shown so favorably on Wednesday's show was due to the DR giving him the choice: either change your piss poor behavior or we will continue with actual footage of said behavior for all of America to see. He changed (albeit somewhat) so they followed through...though for the life of me it would have been better if America could have seen the real Paulie the Baby Calafiori. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

Paulie has a 1 in 8 shot of having the RT correct? I am going to believe what he's been saying lately and how he was shown so favorably on Wednesday's show was due to the DR giving him the choice: either change your piss poor behavior or we will continue with actual footage of said behavior for all of America to see. He changed (albeit somewhat) so they followed through...though for the life of me it would have been better if America could have seen the real Paulie the Baby Calafiori. 

I believe they've always been vague about how many RTs there were. There might have been four RTs for all we know and he currently would have a 50/50 shot of having one. 

Victor/Nicole were in an argument. I'm pretty sure Victor is doing this to rattle Nicole before the HOH comp, but he seems to not be happy about Nicole saying that he asked her out. 

Also, Paul said that he's pissed Corey isn't campaigning and that he'd love to flip and get Corey voted out instead as a big F-You to him. Personally, if Paulie has the RT and is going to walk right back in anyways, I'd rather Corey left and have the chance to not return. Plus, maybe the flip would stun Paulie long enough to do horribly at the HOH competition. 

But don't worry; it's not going to happen. They wouldn't flip now. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

When will we know about the results of any buy back that is planned? I would think that first Paulie needs to be [not] eliminated. So the Friday night show doesn't seem probable - I suspect that's already "in the can".  Unless, of course, TPTB know Paulie has the RT, and is scheduling around that.

The Friday ep is the Ziggy Marley concert/'county fair' with games and prizes that they filmed on Tuesday (or Monday?).

15 minutes ago, TimWil said:

peachmangosteen, at the conclusion of last night's show there was no reference to an HoH comp on tonight's show. That's very telling. It's quite possible the HoH comp will be pushed back to tomorrow to accomodate the Care Package.

I just can't see them veering from their schedule. I don't think they ever have in 18 seasons. But perhaps since the care package is a co-HOH then yes maybe they will have to change up how they do the HOH comp. But I just highly doubt it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
2 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I believe they've always been vague about how many RTs there were. There might have been four RTs for all we know and he currently would have a 50/50 shot of having one. 

Well, if that were the case it could have created havoc if the first four evictees had RTs, don't you think? I choose to believe, at least until this RT twist is over, that there is only 1 and PAULIE DOES NOT HAVE IT. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, escape said:

The Jury Backback is something that Paulie can win.  Depending when they're going to have it (if Paulie doesn't have the RT), he's going to be competing against hgs like Day, Z, Bridget, possibly Corey, Nicole, Michelle.  Last yr, they did with the last 8 evicted on the jury and Johnny Mack won.

It will be a soccer comp.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Well, if that were the case it could have created havoc if the first four evictees had RTs, don't you think? I choose to believe, at least until this RT twist is over, that there is only 1 and PAULIE DOES NOT HAVE IT. 

The odds would be strongly against more than two people having the RT. And I think that they'd be totally fine with two people having the RT, as it opens up a second DE. At the moment, they don't have time for a second DE, and they love DEs, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Jury BuyBack even if Paulie DOES have the RT. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled if Paulie's game ends tonight. I just tend to believe it won't. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

It will be a soccer comp.

If that's the case I'm throwing up a constant barrage of deafening paeans to The Gods Of All That Is Right And Just In the Universe, that busted-ankle Bridgette kicks Paulie's ass.  Y'all feel free to join in.

• Love 5

Does anyone else have this message at the bottom of their reply?  I tried and failed to find AdminCP.  

[[Template core/global/forms/editorAttachments is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Does anyone else have this message at the bottom of their reply?  I tried and failed to find AdminCP.  

[[Template core/global/forms/editorAttachments is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yes, I have that too.

• Love 2
Just now, Skycatcher said:

I have the same message, and have reported it.  Since it doesn't seem to interfere with my comments, I choose to ignore it until the Mod deals with it.

Good approach. If Nicole was posting here, she wouldn't be able to post, as she'd be too busy asking "Whhhhhhhhhhhhy does it saaaaaaay that? Whyyyyyyyy?" 

• Love 15

Nope, I just blew past it, and figured that if the instructions weren't clear - and they are not - it must be someone else's problem, not mine. As long as my own feathers aren't ruffled - and since I can still post, they aren't - I'm a happy camper.

I used to get paid big bucks to worry about system glitches like this one.  Now - not so much, so it's someone else's problem, not mine. Retirement is gooooood.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Good approach. If Nicole was posting here, she wouldn't be able to post, as she'd be too busy asking "Whhhhhhhhhhhhy does it saaaaaaay that? Whyyyyyyyy?" 

David T. Cole   

46 minutes ago

There was an update forced on the site this morning and it broke some customizations. Working on it with the devs. (don't need anymore reports on this, thanks)

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Yup - been getting that all morning, in all forums.  Looked for Admin Control Panel, couldn't find it, figured it was a sysadmin function, went on with life.  Hasn't stopped me from posting.  :)

Edited by Nashville
Typo

Thanks.  I have been having computer problems so I went there.  

If there is a jury buy back it will be after another couple of eliminations.  

As far as any attitude change in Paulie after leaving DR it is likely about being told he cannot walk out without a financial penalty.  I believe he really thought he could.  He is that self involved. 

I don't believe the RT is rigged.  If Paulie does have it, no one will EVER believe they did not stage it, EVER. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Well, Paulie can walk out if he wants to.  He may be in breach of contract if he does (I haven't seen the contract, so I don't know), but they can't keep him in the BB house or the jury house if he doesn't want to stay.  The only recourse would be to sue Paulie afterwards for damages (assuming that there is a breach of contract).

7 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

"Coooooooooooorrrreeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy! Are yoooooouuuuuuuu maaaaaaaaaaaaaaad at meeeeeeeeeeee because it says thaaaaaaaaaaattt??? It's not a big deeeeeeeaaaallll, I'm over iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit......"

• Love 8

You people, get it straight. Nicole puts an ah at the end of everything.  So that would be I caaaaaaaaatah poooooostah a picture, type thing.  She has picked this up from P and uses it from time to time. 

• Love 1

Have there been any hints about what the HOH comp might be? I've seen a mention of pressure cooker, but I don't know what started it. Just wishful thinking? I'd love something that would give Nat/James/Paul a chance over something more athletic that would favor Corey (or *gag* Paulie and his Golden Ticket).

Is Nat for sure competing tonight, even in something physical?

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, Natalie wants to give Paulie a sympathy vote. I say this again: this woman is too good for this show. The fact that she's willing to do that, even with all the crap he's done to her, shows her character. I'll fight someone if they ever say that Natalie isn't a genuine sweetheart. 

+1

4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

You people, get it straight. Nicole puts an ah at the end of everything.  So that would be I caaaaaaaaatah poooooostah a picture, type thing.  She has picked this up from P and uses it from time to time. 

My apologies-ah

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I want to vote Nat as America's Best Friend. Whenever someone feels down (or whatever type thing), Nat will be there with hugs, smiles and positive thinking!

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

"Coooooooooooorrrreeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy! Are yoooooouuuuuuuu maaaaaaaaaaaaaaad at meeeeeeeeeeee because it says thaaaaaaaaaaattt??? It's not a big deeeeeeeaaaallll, I'm over iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit......"

"Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre yoooooooooouuuuuuuu actiiiiiinnnnnngg soooooooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd?"

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

"Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre yoooooooooouuuuuuuu actiiiiiinnnnnngg soooooooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd?"

"Whyyyyyyyyyyyy are you talking to Natalieeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaahhhhh? You're in Looooooooove with heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr-aaaaaaah..."

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

"Whyyyyyyyyyyyy are you talking to Natalieeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaahhhhh? You're in Looooooooove with heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr-aaaaaaah..."

"I dooooooooon't understaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddd whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy peoplllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee are sooooooooooo meaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." We've doneeeeeeeeeee nooooooooooooothiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnggggggggg tooooooooooooooo theemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Coooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!"

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 5