Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

Aww, Natalie can't sleep. She is really in pain, I think now in her stomach. She's throwing up right now in LBR. James is up, trying to help her out.

ETA: Yeah, she took too much Advil and that's why she's sick. They cut to fish, I think to get a medic in to check on her. But she went to DR. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
15 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

She pulled it in the shower just before the party yesterday. She's been putting Icy Hot on it and James has been massaging it, but she's still in pain. She's also been taking Advil.

Everyone's still up, although Paul and Natalie are trying to sleep, and it's 6am.

It is an old injury that acts up from time to time so it doesn't necessarily need traumatic movement to trigger it. 

No way will she be able to compete in the HOH comp no matter what it is other than a  Q&A and we know it isn't.  If they have a doctor involved he may give her a shot of cortisone, hopefully. 

• Love 1

I don't understand why Nicole is a HN since her safety win said, safe from everything.  I am sure this has been discussed but I missed it. 

28 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

How did Corey react when they told him?  Any angst?

If you mean to the fake news the house is undecided?  Hard to tell.  LOL!  

• Love 1

When Paulie goes, someone will fall into the hate place depending on who we want to win.  My guess is James may fill that slot.  We will become frustrated with his lack of commitment to a plan.  That little blank face and not wanting to ruffle feathers is going to irritate.  He has an affection and bond with Nicole, so right there is trouble. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, wings707 said:

It is an old injury that acts up from time to time so it doesn't necessarily need traumatic movement to trigger it. 

No way will she be able to compete in the HOH comp no matter what it is other than a  Q&A and we know it isn't.  If they have a doctor involved he may give her a shot of cortisone, hopefully. 

From what I saw (admittedly not very much), she says it has happened before and she'll be fine soon. I have had something similar -- extremely painful and immobile, but then fine after a day or 2. I was cringing though watching her awkwardly propping her neck on a pillow during BBAD.

As for knowing it's not Q&A, what will it most likely be, and why no Q&A?

Just now, diana said:

From what I saw (admittedly not very much), she says it has happened before and she'll be fine soon. I have had something similar -- extremely painful and immobile, but then fine after a day or 2. I was cringing though watching her awkwardly propping her neck on a pillow during BBAD.

Yes, she says it usually takes 4 days to fix with icy hot and resting it. 

Many are saying the Crisco slip and slide transporting water to a vessel.  

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I don't understand why Nicole is a HN since her safety win said, safe from everything.

I choose to believe it's because Production hates her. It is so odd because the card she got said she was safe from everything so she was definitely supposed to be safe from HN. And yet they made her be one. Like honestly there's no other explanation than they're as tired of her whiny, stupid ass as I am!

8 minutes ago, diana said:

It sounds like they've been told that the indoor lockdown will start today and it wouldn't take 2 days to set up a questions comp. 

• Love 5

Yeah, since the Backyard's being closed on Tuesday (someone confirmed it on the feeds- not sure who), it's definitely endurance and most likely that one. Oddly enough, that's probably the worst one for someone with a stiff/injured neck should be doing. It's too risky for Natalie to reinjure it again, even if she's healed by then. My mom has had a really bad back for years, to the point where it's immobilized her in bed for a couple of days at a time. I remember when she was better, she still had to be careful for a few extra days because even though it wasn't hurting as much anymore, there was still that chance. Natalie+walking down and up a slippery slope+risk of falling and sudden movements in order to catch herself from falling=not her competition at all. I'll give her props for going through with it and doing her best when Thursday comes around, but I'm not going to expect her to be in the lead. 

However, if she is, I'll really have to give her kudos. And if it's that competition, I'm going to have to hope that a medic checks her out before the comp to make sure that she's alright to do it.

• Love 2

If it's teacups I don't see any way anyone but Corey wins it. He has like a foot on most of these people and that alone will give him a huge advantage. Add in that he's athletic and that Victor isn't competing and yea no one else has a shot.

They were actually talking about that comp the other day, I think it was Michelle/Natalie/Paulie, and Michelle seems to think she'd be good at it. But she thought she'd be good at the spinning endurance one too and look how that turned out!

ETA: Some stuff from Paul's old myspace. Oh, Paul!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I hate tea the tea cup comp.  I think Corey has the advantage in this one, too.

Hopefully Victor or a duck wins the package and joins him in HOH.     The care package only gives the perk of one of the two nominations so if the veto is used the winner, say Corey, would be the one to name the replacement.   Winner of veto is crucial. 

• Love 1

The details say "all the perks and responsibilities" of HOH, only giving naming nominees as a single example. It would seem to me that they would have the right to name their replacement in the case of Veto use, just as the Roadkill winner did. 

• Love 1

Getting rid of Paulie (needed move as is), is really not flipping the house.  It just shifts more power to the guys (esp Paul and Victor) who are still running the game.  

Corey at least can with align with James, Natalie, Nicole and take a shot at Paul and Victor - and he will do it.

I just assumed Nicole offered to be a have-not like the dumbass she is and BB just never told her she couldn't. 

Because I did see her offer but she wasn't sure if she was safe from it or not. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

This might be the most vile, disgusting thing Paulie has ever said and that's saying something.  He is pond scum.

You're being completely unfair here. Paulie is not pond scum. Don't be mean. Pond scum actually serves a purpose (food for ducks and such). Paulie serves no discernible purpose.

Paulie is that gross old bit of (jersey) dog poop stuck to the bottom of one's shoe. That serves no purpose.

• Love 22
13 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

The details say "all the perks and responsibilities" of HOH, only giving naming nominees as a single example. It would seem to me that they would have the right to name their replacement in the case of Veto use, just as the Roadkill winner did. 

They said Nicole had safety for all and she is a HN so hard to tell.  They get a bathrobe and laundry service.  How would two HGs from opposing alliances chose a veto replacement together?  Tricky. 

13 minutes ago, escape said:

Getting rid of Paulie (needed move as is), is really not flipping the house.  It just shifts more power to the guys (esp Paul and Victor) who are still running the game.  

Corey at least can with align with James, Natalie, Nicole and take a shot at Paul and Victor - and he will do it.

I don't see Natalie agreeing with this plan and if she doesn't, James will not do it.  He is no longer of the mind, you play your game and I will play mine.  She took him up on that and flipped the house.  LOL! 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I tried to edit my post because I forgot to comment on this.  

I see this as a flip.  Natalie/Bridget did more that just getting Paulie out.  She got his major alliance members , to align with them, the underdogs, not just to get Paulie out but target the rest of the of who remained, Nicole and Corey, as well.   That looks like a flip to me! 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, wings707 said:

How would two HGs from opposing alliances chose a veto replacement together?  Tricky. 

Why would they have to do it together? They don't have to decide on noms together. The winner of the HOH comp will nom one person and the winner of the co-HOH care package will nom the other person. I would assume, as @sunsheyen did, that if the co-HOH' s nom won veto they would name the replacement. But as we've already seen with Nicole' s care package the rules are kinda arbitrary with these care package so who knows.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Boilergal said:

Every time Nicole says American gave her safety for a reason I just want someone else to say - Wellllllllll it was probably meant for Brigette but since she was evicted....

I can't wait till she gets out and find out it WAS suppose to go to Bridgette, or even Michelle.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I can't wait till she gets out and find out it WAS suppose to go to Bridgette, or even Michelle.

I would love to be there to see Nicole and Polly's faces when they see how they were ranked- and what people really think about them.

• Love 4

On the Friday show I expect to hear Julie announce this was taped earlier in the week.  Before giving the rules for the auction she will say, Corey and Paulie, whoever is evicted on Thursday will not be able to benefit from anything won. 

My guess is the HGs will be told the results of the auction on Friday, and it will be blocked by fish, of course.   We will have to listen on the feeds to figure it out by what they say.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

4:35 am from Jokers

"Nicole: Stay humble and kind. He's (Vic) the furthest thing from humble. If he gets the Care Package, I will literally ***** my pants. I will crap myself if he gets it. He says he made a move that America wanted... "

And Yet another reason for me to make sure I vote everyday for Victor.  Thanks for the incentive Nicole!!

• Love 21
48 minutes ago, zibnchy said:

You're being completely unfair here. Paulie is not pond scum. Don't be mean. Pond scum actually serves a purpose (food for ducks and such). Paulie serves no discernible purpose.

Paulie is that gross old bit of (jersey) dog poop stuck to the bottom of one's shoe. That serves no purpose.

My sincerest apologies to pond scum.  I meant no offense by comparing you to Paulie.  I do like the Jersey Dog Poop comparison very much.

16 minutes ago, wings707 said:

On the Friday show I expect to hear Julie announce this was taped earlier in the week.  Before giving the rules for the auction she will say, Corey and Paulie, whoever is evicted on Thursday will not be able to benefit from anything won. 

My guess is the HGs will be told the results of the auction on Friday, and it will be blocked by those fucking fish.   We will have to listen on the feeds to figure it out by what they say.  

When I think about how this show is run, what comes to my mind is the scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, where Principal Rooney and Grace are running around the office, throwing papers into the air, tossing the phone back and forth, and trying to figure out what the hell they should be doing.  I mean, is this show scripted on the fly based on how much America loathes one of the HG's?  That said, I can't wait to see how they fill the extra day on Friday, and it had better not be 40 minutes of Ziggy Marley and two minutes of strategizing.

• Love 5

I threw some votes towards Victor, Paul & Michelle. I guess Victor is the heavy favorite and it's a race between Paul & Michelle. Of course, there could be some dopey Corey fans out there. LOL!! Maybe, they are into tall, blonde and dumb as rocks people. LOL!! He could be considered an easy goat. Although, he really hasn't offended anyone so he could possibly get a few more votes besides Paulie & Nicole, right? Who could Corey win and lose against?

• Love 1

The HGs who will be the most effected/devastated  by negative SM will be Michele and Paulie.   Nicole and James will take it in stride, they have already talked about it.  Nicole's attitude is very solid and centered on this topic.  Her best self steps forward. 

6 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I threw some votes towards Victor, Paul & Michelle. I guess Victor is the heavy favorite and it's a race between Paul & Michelle. Of course, there could be some dopey Corey fans out there. LOL!! Maybe, they are into tall, blonde and dumb as rocks people. LOL!! He could be considered an easy goat. Although, he really hasn't offended anyone so he could possibly get a few more votes besides Paulie & Nicole, right? Who could Corey win and lose against?

How do you know?  I have been voting for Victor because many favor him because he was the one who nominated Paulie.  Those who don't watch the feeds are unaware of Michele, largely.  Paul is the funny one but I think viewers are going to go for the guy who put him up. 

Before elimination. If they show the clip of Victor talking to him about his attitude right after noms, he has this in the bag. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

I don't understand why Nicole is a HN since her safety win said, safe from everything.

I choose to believe it's because Production hates her. It is so odd because the card she got said she was safe from everything so she was definitely supposed to be safe from HN. And yet they made her be one. Like honestly there's no other explanation than they're as tired of her whiny, stupid ass as I am!

I think it was poor wording on the card.  It said specifically she was safe from nomination and then said something like 'and she'd be safe from everything because she would be wearing the Super Safety costume'.   That's not verbatim, but my take on it was different - so I wasn't surprised when she was able to be a Have Not.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, LuvizBlind said:

I think it was poor wording on the card.  It said specifically she was safe from nomination and then said something like 'and she'd be safe from everything because she would be wearing the Super Safety costume'.   That's not verbatim, but my take on it was different - so I wasn't surprised when she was able to be a Have Not.

Theoretically, she should have been safe from being a Have Not. The perk is Super Safety, so it should include everything for that week. But I guess, since they didn't technically specify what she'd be safe from, they could play around with the boundaries of the rules. Not that I mind; I much prefer to listen to Nicole talking with Michelle than her cuddling with Corey. 

• Love 1

Corey asked Nicole what she and Michele talk about, she replied just stuff, not game.  She said she would be on the block and out if she did.  They live only one hour apart and Michele's family use the same hospital where Nicole works.  There is a lot to share.  This may benefit Nicole down the line depending how things unfold.   

I don't think Natalie will go against Paul either.  Victor maybe, Paul no.  They're like best buds right now.

Yeah, Natalie and Paul have gotten tight, they're always laughing together or having personal conversations.  I don't think she would take a shot at Paul over Nicole/Corey, she hates them.

I have been voting for Victor because many favor him because he was the one who nominated Paulie

I still think viewers are going to vote heavily for Paul since he convinced Victor to put up Paulie and they showed that.  He also had some good humor this episode with the Cheetos and the dance, and Paul has had a better and more visible edit for the year.

Before elimination. If they show the clip of Victor talking to him about his attitude right after noms, he has this in the bag. 

I'm not so sure, I think the secret service act will garner Paul more votes, it's hilarious.  They did a red light alert in the middle of a veto ceremony, they must love it.  And Wednesday evening is a little late to start accumulating votes.

With that said, I'm voting heavily for Victor while still throwing a few to Paul.  I think the viewers are going to give Paul the most votes regardless of who we vote for, but if Paul were to win regular HoH, we need Victor to have the 2nd most votes so he gets co-HoH over Corey.   Although a split HoH would make for more entertainment and conflict, I'm just ready to see Nicole/Corey go (or Paulie again if he comes back in).

I hope the person voted co-HoH will be able to play next week's HoH comp, otherwise it's almost a punishment for Victor. 

Edited by Cosmosgravitation
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Nice to see Derrick is still pandering to the audience. His overwhelming horribleness is almost comforting to me now. Like at least I know Derrick will always suck. It's nice to have one constant!

Yeah, I still hate Derrick too, though he does have good insight into the game. He's still bullshitting about how he always wanted to go to F2 with Cody and he never would have taken Victoria. Which I guess makes sense because that's the story he's successfully sold to Cody (and I guess his family). He even said that several jurors have told him that they would have voted for Victoria if Cody took her to F2, though they won't admit it publicly. Which, what? Why wouldn't they admit it publicly if that's how they felt? I'm sure it makes Cody feel better to believe that, though. It made me happy to see that it clearly bugs Derrick that people think he manipulated Cody and that his game performance wasn't so great since most of the people he was playing with were morons. Ha.

The narrative of "The Hitmen, BFFs who won BB through their epic bromance," is also their "brand" in the post-BB world. Polly mentioned that Cody mostly only does public appearances locally, but he went to one in FL because it was a package deal with Derrick and they wanted both Hitmen. The icing on the scrumptious cake of Polly's downfall and flame out is knowing that he has screwed himself for the "career" as a BB alum that he was counting on. He thought he was going to be an EPIC character with tons of fans and probably envisioned himself being invited to be on other shows, doing club appearances, etc. After the way he's behaved, I don't think many charities or businesses would want to be associated with him. Who's going to book him for club appearances in NJ after he insulted every woman in the state? He's been portrayed as an ass on the show and he's not even a "popular villain" like Evel Dick, he's just an asshole. Best of all, he's pissed off production, so there's little chance he'll be invited back in any capacity or cast on another show. So instead of finally stepping out of Cody's shadow and establishing himself as a bigger reality star, first prize winner, and alpha male in his bromance, he's once again shown to be the inferior Calafiore brother. Delicious! His beloved Derrick completely distanced himself and called Polly a sore loser. Hilarious!

• Love 18
5 hours ago, me5671 said:

If he has anything of that sort, the ratings are gonna crater for the rest of the season. That would be such a transparent rigging for a deeply unpopular houseguest. I would tune out and I'm sure I wouldn't be alone. 

Absolutely.  The entire premise of BB is that of a reality show contest; if there's no contest, Production, why bother?  Just cut the check to the HG you've decided is your favorite, send everybody else home, and quit wasting everybody's time.  Sure as hell wouldn't be any reason to waste any more of MY time - trust me, I have more important things I probably should be doing. 

BB is a guilty pleasure for me; subtract the pleasure, and there's really no point.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, gunderda said:

so does that mean the co-hoh also can't vote?

That leaves 3 votes for next Thursdays show.  That could get pretty dicey depending on who's on the block!

Not unless Nicole and Corey get both HoHs.

Just now, TheRealT said:

What if the winner of the CP co-HOH also wins the regular HOH contest?

Then I think it would go to the second place person in the running. So if Michelle, let's say, won ACP but she won HOH, it would go to Victor or Paul. 

That's just my assumption. 

If Corey/Nicole win both ACP and HOH, Victor or Paul are goners.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Then I think it would go to the second place person in the running. So if Michelle, let's say, won ACP but she won HOH, it would go to Victor or Paul. 

That's just my assumption. 

I agree.  They are going to want the co-HoH package to be used and not essentially voided.  If Victor/Paul are running away in the voting, I bet they use a HoH competition they think Corey will be good at.

If Corey/Nicole win both ACP and HOH, Victor or Paul are goners.

Yeah, if they're up together it will likely be Victor going because of the votes (I think James/Natalie/Michelle would keep Paul over Victor).  Only scenario I see them both staying is if Victor wins veto and Nicole/Corey are stupid enough to put up Michelle, I could see Natalie pushing for Michelle to go and James going along.  Then Paul would have Natalie/James/Victor's votes and would stay.

But I'll be shocked if Corey wins the care package, and I'll be shocked if Nicole wins HoH.  Both aren't going to happen.

• Love 1

So if someone like Paul wins the Care Package and also the HOH but Corey is in second for voting, you think Corey would get the co-HOH? That would be really unfair (not that BB cares). The whole thing was obviously not thought through by BB, but I'd think if you win the Care Pkg and HOH, you should get both (even if it is null and void). Then your "prize" is at least you are then blocking anyone else from messing up your HOH. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, diana said:

So if someone like Paul wins the Care Package and also the HOH but Corey is in second for voting, you think Corey would get the co-HOH? That would be really unfair (not that BB cares). The whole thing was obviously not thought through by BB, but I'd think if you win the Care Pkg and HOH, you should get both (even if it is null and void). Then your "prize" is at least you are then blocking anyone else from messing up your HOH. 

Yes, I do, and yes it is unfair.  But BB wants their twists to be used and have an impact.

What they should do is hand out the care package before HoH is played.   Still sucks, but not as much, especially if the care package recipient can still compete in the following HoH comp.

4 minutes ago, Cosmosgravitation said:

Yes, I do, and yes it is unfair.  But BB wants their twists to be used and have an impact.

Like the secret room!  LOL

I think this is a moot point.  Victor or Paul will win the care package.  It doesn't matter who the HOH is.  Only Nicole and Corey have a vote in the house that opposes the majority.  

Corey winning the package and Nicole winning HOH is the only if and that is too remote to even consider. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Like the secret room!  LOL

I think this is a moot point.  Victor or Paul will win the care package.  It doesn't matter who the HOH is.  Only Nicole or Corey have a vote in the house that opposes the majority.  

And I bet they're pissed the secret room and return trip hasn't been used.  They didn't think that through.  But it still might be used if Paulie has the RT.

I agree Victor or Paul will almost certainly get the care package and this is very likely a theoretical exercise only, but sometimes those are fun.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, diana said:

So if someone like Paul wins the Care Package and also the HOH but Corey is in second for voting, you think Corey would get the co-HOH?

Yup. That's why I split my votes between Vic and Paul!

3 hours ago, zibnchy said:

I cannot like this enough! Thank you for saying what I was thinking.