Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

(edited)

You guys listening to Day fight to stay off the block?  She's doing OK, but has no hope because Paul is Polly's puppy. 

Day pushing for Z to go up.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I think it will be Victor OR James or Natalie if they last long enough.  I originally thought it would be Paul.  Then this week happened. Pressure and he caved.

I think Victor believes Paul is his ride or die.  James and Nat both know Polly has to go, and the REAL wall comp will come.  It's just a matter of will they still be there when it does?

Natalie I can see but Victor is sooooooooooo into being with the boys he will be out before he has a chance. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, zibnchy said:

Julie simply picks out the one she was told to pick before the show

But I propose a new scenario. Julie is told to pick RT but she GOES ROGUE! She picks 1-way and throws the game into turmoil. I'd look forward to BB: Julie Goes Off-Script.

Edited by zibnchy
I quoted myself and I want to say I feel very bad about it.
  • Love 5
(edited)

Guys, I think many things on this show have been rigged.  I just don't feel that way about this round trip.  They can have their moment when, if it isn't used, they all open their envelopes on camera to see who does have it though.

Ocho seems like a big clue though, so it could be Day.

I can't believe Day is trying to get Paul to put Z up.

ETA

The biggest rig this season was casting all Frank fans as the other Vets, all players who sucked by the way.  The only thing they had in common was that Frank was their favorite player ever.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

He has in fact already played a second Survivor season.  So good prediction!

Last Survivor train of thought because it's off-topic - But I didn't realize he was actually playing again because he seemed pretty active on Social Media. The season with Aubrey and Debbie as well? 

37 minutes ago, J.D. said:

As for the first item I bolded, that is precisely why I believe, if Paulie keeps going the way he is, then he DESERVES to win the game.  These people -- male and female -- know he's related to Cody, knows Derrick coached him and knows exactly how he's playing.  If they're stupid enough to let him pull their strings, then Paulie's this year's puppet master, and they deserve to lose to Paulie.  And James and Nicole of all people!?!?!?  Nicole was on Cody's season and James himself has been coached by Derrick.  Yet, Paulie rules the roost.

The second item I bolded is precisely why I don't agree that Paulie's playing Derrick's game.  He's playing a variation of Derrick's game, yes, but it's kinda like Derrick's game on steroids.  Derrick was much more passive.  He could manipulate people without them even noticing.  Paulie's more assertive and obvious about his game play.  Why they haven't taken him out already is beyond me. *shrugs*

I totally agree, @J.D.! If Paulie gets to the end he deserves it. That's why I don't want him to get there! And, even if he gets to Final 2, I'd probably still wish for a miracle that he doesn't win although I'd be the first to admit his gameplay deserves it the most. It's on the HGs if they let him get that far. 

ETA: Looks like Da'Vonne's doing too little too late, huh? After doing too much, too soon.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3
(edited)

There is time before Thursday for things to change but it is clear Day will go.  James and Michele will vote for Bridget but who else? 

Paul knows damn well the odds of Day going are high.  He is laying it on thick to trust she is only a pawn, NO way will you go, and on and on and on.  Enough, this is painful to hear.  Lying is one thing but he is going overboard.   And he says he is not sure he will put her up.   

5 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Guys, I think many things on this show have been rigged.  I just don't feel that way about this round trip.  They can have their moment when, if it isn't used, they all open their envelopes on camera to see who does have it though.

Good point!  Julie might even announce the person who has it gets an advantage. 

Edited by wings707
(edited)

Wait - Da'Vonne threw Z UTB? Way to seal your fate outta there. Although she's already telling Z she mentioned her name - Z's acting like she had no idea the plan might be different.

I think Da'Vonne is slowly realizing she's not part of the group. She's upset no one cares she's panicking, but but it's cool for others to panic (like others go out of their way to smooth others' paranoia). Da'Vonne one of my favorites, but Tiffany would like to say hi.

ETA: I meant that Da'Vonne thinks that no one cares if they make her panic, but if others panic, they get worried and take action to make them feel better.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3
(edited)

Considering Day is basically just 'yea'ing and  'mmm hmm'ing Paul I think she probably realizes she's going. I hope so. If she just accepts this and does nothing I'm gonna lose my mind.

ETA: Now Day's crying to Z. Girl crying ain't gonna do it! Blow some shit up! 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, J.D. said:

I can't believe BB let the HG's eat that rancid meat.  Food poisoning is no joke.  They should have intervened.

Why? Their behavior to the contrary, they're grown ass adults, who make their own decisions (well unless Paulie  makes them for them ).    Should BB also put covers over the electric sockets?

It's not like BB deliberately gave them rancid food, or it was the only thing available to eat.. It sounds like it was good when they gave it to them, but they didn't eat it soon enough.   Stupid is as stupid does.

ETA:.  My guess is it's either a coincidence, or the food was just mildly contaminated (maybe because of expiration or maybe because of their generally questionable hygiene habits). If it was true full-blown food poisoning, they would be A LOT sicker 

Edited by brdwygurl
  • Love 6
(edited)

Z says Da'Vonne is not going home on her watch. I don't think she wants Da'Vonne to go home, but she's just wishful thinking. They know not to trust Nicole/Corey, but I think Z thinks she has pull with Paulie - and Da'Vonne doesn't know Paulie/Vic have turned on her.

And I wonder if Z will continue protecting Paulie to Da'Vonne until the vote.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2

When did Z get a "watch?"  She's powerless and dreaming about babies, and what's more?  She KNOWS Day is not a pawn, and she's still not telling her.  The power of the dream of a ring on it.

TV show may be late tonight, head's up.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

I really detest Z. 

She's pathetic.  All for silly teenage girl ideas of getting a wedding ring out of this.

This is really sickening.  Talk about a betrayal!  Over some guy who doesn't give a shit about her.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 7
(edited)

Z is right not to let Da'Vonne know yet - if Da'Vonne makes it known and if Paulie finds out, she seals Da'Vonne's fate and Z's. But she also is not going to convince Paulie. I just don't know how long she'll play clueless or if she'll let Da'Vonne know before she leaves at some point.

Z should've helped herself earlier by keeping it from getting to this point. But it's too late now to do anything about it.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I was asking ByaNose, because s/he said s/he didn't get a free month.  

Same to me, too.  I remember this convo in Mad Men forums about Don and Dawn.  I'm from Colorado and Arizona and think we're pretty free of regional inflections, though.  

I've never understood the difference between Don and Dawn either, they're pronounced the same to me.

• Love 4
(edited)

Da'Vonne/Z think they need FOUR votes and it can't be a tie. They forgot about Vic too!

Da'Vonne asks Natalie where she'd vote. Natalie said that puts her into a tricky situation. Tell her about Paulie, Nat! 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

No one can count. 

Day asking Nat about her vote.  Nat is avoiding it, saying it puts her in a tricky situation.  

Nat owes Day nothing.  Z?  DOES.

I couldn't listen to Paul and Bridgette, so here's a mini cap from Sucks.

Spoiler

Paul and Bridgette:

paul tells her its pretty much done.

tells her da says bridgette is very comfortable right now, she keeps trying to talk to her abt nicole.

bridgette freaking out saying what!  says she's been sleeping all day.

(corey interrupts)

paul compliments her cookies.

bridgette said da approached her after noms, telling her she doest have many options, and throwing nicole under the bus is her best option.

pauls like, what the fuck.  

bridgettes afraid da is gonna spin shit abt her if theyre on the block together.

paul tells brid he told da he's gonna put her up cause she'll stay cool, calm and collected.

paul says she acts like she's worried, and da' denies being worried.

says da suggested to put up zakiyah since shes never been on the block before.  

he saying it shows a lot abt her character suggesting z, and what good is da if she's throwing her closest person under the bus like that.

paul said its those actions that solidified his reason for putting da up.  

says he's been observing da for the past few weeks, and once someone starts kissing his butt, they'll be his first target.

bridgette repeats da' suggesting nicole to her as the option, and at least paul knows the truth.

7 minutes ago, brdwygurl said:

Why? Their behavior to the contrary, they're grown ass adults, who make their own decisions (well unless Paulie  makes them for them ).    Should BB also put covers over the electric sockets?

It's not like BB deliberately gave them rancid food, or it was the only thing available to eat.. It sounds like it was good when they gave it to them, but they didn't eat it soon enough.   Stupid is as stupid does.

ETA:.  My guess is it's either a coincidence, or the food was just mildly contaminated (maybe because of expiration or maybe because of their generally questionable hygiene habits). If it was true full-blown food poisoning, they would be A LOT sicker 

That was my line of thinking.  I had food poisoning this past February 11th.  I remember the date exactly because it was one of the worst things I've ever had to go through....not as bad as when I was stabbed....but it was horrible in its own way.  I don't think James and Zak actually have food poisoning because neither one has been doubled over.  Still, BB didn't know before they'd eaten the meat that their symptoms would just be nausea.  It could have been worse.  I just think they should have erred on the side of caution.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, J.D. said:

That was my line of thinking.  I had food poisoning this past February 11th.  I remember the date exactly because it was one of the worst things I've ever had to go through....not as bad as when I was stabbed....but it was horrible in its own way.  I don't think James and Zak actually have food poisoning because neither one has been doubled over.  Still, BB didn't know before they'd eaten the meat that their symptoms would just be nausea.  It could have been worse.  I just think they should have erred on the side of caution.

I've had food poisoning twice in my life about 10 years apart- the last time was about 3 years ago- I was sick for 4 days. About 8 of us at a BBQ got sick. Seriously at one point I thought I was dying. It was the worst. 

• Love 3

My issue with Z is that she has been playing a traditional floater game, which is fine. But she honestly seems to think that she ISN'T, which is just stupid. She seems to think that despite never doing anything all season long (besides working the social game, of course), that she somehow was right there with Paulie controlling things. She wasn't. She was a vote all this time. Which is fine. There's nothing inherently wrong with being a floater. Floaters often make it very far. But you can't float and then suddenly try to make a move with your alliance as if you have a real say. You don't, which you've proven by floating to this point! Now, you can go OUTSIDE your alliance. That's a fine floater move. But you can't suddenly, after doing nothing but saying "whatever you guys say, just let me know" all season, say "I think we need to do ____." It doesn't work. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

Polly is not nearly smart enough to "play Derrick's game." 

He's blatantly ruling, throwing his weight around, and bragging. 

SO not Derrick.  Derrick was subtle.  Derrick made everyone think that HIS ideas came from them.  Yes, he is parroting some of Derrick's actions, but he has no finesse at all, none, zip, he's now forcing his will on people (this week Paul) blatantly.

I have hope that bites him in the ass. 

The things he says about women show his immaturity and creepy side, he's damn lucky idiot Frank pulled him in to the 8 pack, and liked him so much, or he would already be gone.

You're right that Paulie is no Derrick - none of them are.  Derrick let others have the glory.  He let the others walk around pounding their chests and bragging they were in control of the game.  I'm still impressed by Derrick's patience, subtlety, and self-control.  I would like to think that Derrick watches the feeds and snickers at how stupid Paulie is every time he evokes his name.  Unfortunately, the other HGs are stupider for keeping a player specifically tutored by Derrick - as Paulie continually reminds them. 

• Love 5

Paul is insufferable with his mouth going nonstop again about Natalie trying to figure out the Paris puzzle, how dare she!  He's talking, huh, lecturing to Bridget about everything because he can't keep his mouth shut.  Z told Paulie that Paul could win and how dare she! Says Paul to Bridget.

Day knows she's going up and she is kind of down but working it; however Paul describes her as going crazy around the house.  Can't stand him.  

Day talking to James now about all the bs Paul has told her.  James says humm.  Day hasn't figured out that she's going home yet.

• Love 2

I think Z/Michelle think they can flip the votes like they did for Tiffany the first time - Tiffany didn't really have any idea they planning on getting rid of her the whole time until the end of the week when they managed to keep her.

The more Da'Vonne talks, the more I think she's putting it together. But if James stonewalls her from knowing, I wonder if she'll put it together it was the plan from the get-go.

Day has played a terrible game but she's not that gullible. She knows if she hits the block it's curtains. That bad thing for her is she can't stop it at this point.

• Love 2

I don't blame Bridgette for saying she's going after the girls. But also, she knows that Paulie, Victor, Paul & Corey are all working together- just by what they have been telling her. She's smart enough to know NOT to say any of a combination of those 4 to the other ones. So who is left? The girls & James makes sense since he put her up. So yeah it is entirely possible that she is going to go after the girls but she also isn't going to mention Paulie, Paul, Victor or Corey's names to eachother. 

She's saying exactly what she needs to say to try and make it to next week. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, mooses said:

I think Z/Michelle think they can flip the votes like they did for Tiffany the first time - Tiffany didn't really have any idea they planning on getting rid of her the whole time until the end of the week when they managed to keep her.

The more Da'Vonne talks, the more I think she's putting it together. But if James stonewalls her from knowing, I wonder if she'll put it together it was the plan from the get-go.

James is useless.  He will vote for Bridget to go though so that is good for Day.  Maybe he will even talk Nat into it, too.  Could happen.  

1 minute ago, SiobhanJW said:

I don't blame Bridgette for saying she's going after the girls. But also, she knows that Paulie, Victor, Paul & Corey are all working together- just by what they have been telling her. She's smart enough to know NOT to say any of a combination of those 4 to the other ones. So who is left? The girls & James makes sense since he put her up. So yeah it is entirely possible that she is going to go after the girls but she also isn't going to mention Paulie, Paul, Victor or Corey's names to eachother. 

Yeah, she can't do much until she's in power. But she's been wanting Nicole gone. And knows Michelle hates her, so I'm not sure which way she'd swing.

Counting the votes with James - James says if it's a tie "it'd be game over. Unless you have a round trip ticket."

Edited by mooses

I fantasize Corey is in Final 3, they do a What Happened While You Were In The House HoH comp and one of the True/False questions is "Presidential nominee Donald Trump dropped out of the race following a nervous breakdown during the first Clinton-Trump debate." The answer is True, Corey says "False" and Corey loses his shit on live TV-and it loses him the HoH comp.

I realize all of this is highly unlikely. Which is why I referred to it as a fantasy.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 13

Bridget going after the girls is pure emotional playing.  I want her gone.  I don't like her and I don't like her plan which is exactly what the boys want!    Jesus.  She is a stupid as her fake baby voice.  AARRRRGGGGG.  

1 minute ago, TimWil said:

I fantasize Corey is in Final 2, they do a What Happened While You Were Out Of The House HoH comp and one of the True/False questions is "Presidential nominee Donald Trump dropped out of the race following a nervous breakdown." The answer is True and Corey loses his shit on live TV.

I realize all of this is highly unlikely. Which is why I referred to it as a fantasy.

HA HA HA HA HA!  

• Love 1

Z/James talking now. Both acting like they've been ignorant of the plan for the week ("It sounds like Da'Vonne is going up from what she's heard..."), but acknowledging that Da'Vonne would go home over Bridgette. Z says that's not good for their own games, only for the other HGs.

James is pretty silent. He might spill to Paulie later.

Z says she's watching things unfold and doesn't know what to do. She won't vote against Da'Vonne on Thursday, she just can't do that. James advice: "We'll see what happens Monday."

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

The VETO ceremony hasn't happened.  James would be a fucking idiot to clue Day in much, because she would throw him and Nat under the bus in a heartbeat to save her game, as she should.

James or Nat would be in that second chair and on their way out the door.

That's smart game play, not cowardly.  Day is a completely unreliable ally anyway, she and Frank are the ones who blew up the 8 pack.  James knows that.

ETA Bridgette means it (her loyalty to Polly) just confirmed in her DR on the show.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2

I just did the dumbest thing. I just voted for Day to receive the Care Package to eliminate two votes. The voting ends the 5th which wouldn't help Day if she's a renom this week. I guess I should have read the small print a little closely. LOL!!! At least, I tried. 

They are both right.

Day MIGHT have been able to save herself by keeping OFF the block, a longshot, but Day has skillz, IF Z had given her a head's up that she's the target yesterday.   Now?  It's too late.

Edited by Umbelina

After the episode airs on Thursday we have until 10 am PST on Friday.  

I am hoping Day gets James, Nat, Michele and ??? to vote Bridget off.  I have come to dislike her.   But who else.  Victor was flirtatious today and I think he has designs on getting a snuggle buddy.  He has talked about it enough and she is really his only option.  

James is an idiot to not be more a part of this game.  He would know there are more votes for Day out if he surfaced from time to time. 

I am watching the show now and yes they all have to open their packages in front of everyone. 

1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

I can't believe Day is trying to get Paul to put Z up.

I believe it because she has been throwing Z under the bus for days now with Paulie. The only reason the bus hasn't hit Z yet is cause Paulie believe that if he takes Day out, Z will truly become all his to use.

This is why I never had a problem with Z not helping Day or not telling about Paulie wanting her out.

Z suggested herself to go up multiple times instead of Da'Vonne (knowing Da'Vonne will go home). The guys all said no way. And Da'Vonne told Z she said her name, and Z knows the guys will use that. She also said everything she's been told about Da'Vonne came secondhand, so she doesn't believe it all.

ETA: Z is doing too little, too late. She's powerless.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

Head's up.  This was the most boring TV episode so far, if you watched the feeds.

Yes it was.  Terrible.  Since I watch the feeds they usually are but this was bad.  I listened as I was posting only so I could hear that yes they have to open their boxes in front of everyone.  That is the only nugget. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, brdwygurl said:

Totally agree. (Granted, I've eaten many an "expired" yogurt and scraped off a little mold from a jar of spaghetti sauce to salvage the fine stuff underneath - hate hate hate wasting food.) Not to mention, I think a night of tummy aches will likely do less harm than the awful/sexist/absolutely imbecilic shit that spews from their mouths on a daily basis.

Having to reveal ACP is fucking awful. Nat's is no big deal as it would be obvious that she can't be on slop, but the other options? Yawn. No one will be bold enough to use them. Hope I'm proven wrong!

• Love 2