Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why in Dorne though?

All I can think is poor Ellia Martell. Bad enough her husband dumps her for another woman, then he marries her in her own homeland? Insult to injury.

The Jon/Dany stuff sounds awesome, but Littlefinger better be dead by the end of this season.

• Love 2
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

but Littlefinger better be dead by the end of this season.

That LF is walking around freely in WF turning houses against Jon is just so nonsensical at this point.

Sansa knows that he

- sided with the Lannisters against the Starks in KL

- coordinated with the Tyrells and had Tyrion/Sansa framed for a crime they did not commit.

- manipulated and killed her aunt and gained control of the Vale through underhanded manipulations of SweetRobin

- wanted her married to the Boltons to gain control of the North

- wants Sansa to become Queen in the North as opposed to the motherless bastard born in the south

That she is giving Jon vague warnings about Cersei while LF is RIGHT THERE in Winterfell plotting against Jon and turning Arya against her is just so... I am at a loss for words.

So once again we are getting dim Sansa or evil, malicious Sansa who wants to rule the North with LF's help.  Whatever.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why in Dorne though?

Because that's where they were hiding at the time. 

1. Is that even a thing in that world? It's really weird to be introducing brand new concepts like that 7 seasons in.  At least casually mention it or something, yeesh.

2. Why do these writers hate dorn so much? That region gets shat on so much. Their biggest accomplishment will be killing the queen's daughter and having a really cool prince for like half a season. Other then that just piles and piles of crap.

Also we see Gilly continuing to learn how to read, she has been reading a diary or record of events by the now dead High Septon Maynard and she’s reading them to a uninterested or just busy Sam, she reads a piece that says Maynard “issued an annulment for a prince ‘ragger’ and remarried him to someone else in a secret ceremony in Dorne”

Holy shit, I made a joke about this after Sam finding the convenient dragon glass map. If true that's just plain shit writing.

THIS is the thread I wanted to post in. Sigh.

Okay, swordoftheevening over at the freefolk reddit has posted their translation of Frikidoctor's video on episode 6:

I must start out by apologizing to Frikidoctor for not (in my opinion) giving him proper credit for his videos which I have translated, although I am in no way making money out of these translations one must properly give credit to those who took the time to bring everything together. Please check out his YouTube Channel

Content may or may not be 100% accurate, I’m just translating what Friki has posted. I know this episode has been translated already but given my fluency in Spanish and English I think I could add or improve on some things. I’ve translates things as Friki spoke, whether the scenes are in the correct order or not, I personally do not know. If I’ve made any mistakes please feel free to correct me.

The second to last episode is also the second longest episode of this season, clocking in at 71 mins according to IMDB

Frikidoctor tells what happens in the north first and then goes on to tell what happens in other parts of Westeros so if you see some time jumps during the north storyline there are scenes in between these I just don’t know which ones since he doesn’t mention it and I wanted to translate as he spoke but I find it better the way he did it, even though A LOT happens north of the wall.

The Episode starts with the excursion beyond the wall, which includes Jon, Gendry, Thoros, Beric, Jorah, Tormund, The hound and two or three other soldiers (they’re pretty much red shirts and meat for the great other) Ser Davos does stay behind because he isn’t much of a fighter (as he said when he was defending Jon’s body last season and would slow them down) the excursion continues through the north, as they travel a lot of conversations came up… this is when Jon offers Longclaw to Jorah, Jon snow says that it belongs to him since it belonged to his family but Jorah says something along the lines of “no you keep it I’m not worthy of carrying this sword, my father gave it to you for a reason” Tormund and the hound have a conversation about Brienne which the hound is amazed at how much Tormund admires and likes Brienne… Friki goes on to say how Jon and beric now have one thing in common which is being brought back by Rhollor and they discuss what it may means and what their purpose might be…. They continue north by trying to follow the vision the hound saw in the flames, finally they see the mountain shaped like an arrowhead… this is when a large blizzard starts and they hear a weird growl which they can’t seem to recognize but then one of the soldiers (the red shirt) tries to find out what it is when out of nowhere a reanimated polar bear shreds him to absolute shit, but because of the heavy blizzard no one is sure what has happened when the beast attacks Thoros (who will have a flaming sword) the beast stomps thoros and gives him a few slashes with his claws but thoros is also giving the bear a few slashes with his sword (when the hound sees the flaming swords he freezes in fear of the flames) at the end between all of them they are able to kill the beast but Thoros is badly wounded (think DiCaprio in the revenant) so beric must cauterize his wounds with his flaming sword to try to save his life. The mission must continue, though with a man down and thoros balancing between life and death things look dire… this is when they realize that the reanimated polar bear means that the white walkers are not far and they must hurry but know they cannot avoid them… they run into a hoard of wights and one white walker (one that looks like the one Jon killed previously… but they all look the same so idk why he says this lol) here is when Jon battles his second walker one on one http://gph.is/2tANESF and as Jon battles him the others try to capture a Wight but it’s hard as the other wights also attack at the same time but at last they finally capture one and either put it in chains or gag him/her to try to immobilize it, at this point the Wight army attacks all at once without mercy, when our group of heroes see this the only thing they can do is run http://gph.is/2v6dpPg (Friki never mentions if Jon is able to defeat the WW or if he just sees the wights rushing and decides to cut and run with the others) the group then decides they must split (for a little bit) as they run to raise the chances of survival, Jon then commands Gendry to run back to eastwatch and send a raven to Dany to come and rescue them (the leaks say it’s after the bear attack but Friki is putting it after the first fight against the great other) after they run for a while they come together http://gph.is/2eLDdcq in the middle of a frozen lake and all the movement and fighting eventually breaks up parts of the ice and our group of heroes are stuck in the middle of the lake on a large piece of ice that floats above the other smaller pieces of ice they then make a circle and get ready for the incoming hoard http://bit.ly/2uXbMCr but the hoard doesn’t come so they have to wait and wait till they attack (Friki says the hoard must wait till the night so that the cold can freeze the lake again so the wights can attack) while this happens Gendry is running towards eastwatch (new Gendry rowing meme?) to send a raven… but much time has passed and our wounded red priest succumbs to his injuries and dies (Beric has no one to revive him now if he dies, and with Melisandre now gone there are no red priest left in Westeros, that we know of) Beric then with his flaming sword burns him to avoid him coming back as a Wight….(Friki then theorizes that if the Night King is killed the wights should theoretically all die, just a theory no one in the show mentions it at least for now) Friki also says that during this time of waiting the night king lurks around and from afar stares at Jon and Jon stares back without fear (fuuuuuhhhhh)…. Now that the lake has refrozen the hoard rushes at Jon and the others http://gph.is/2tI7vDx at this time hell freezes over (couldn’t help myself with that pun) and everyone starts kicking ass, Tormund is almost overrun even though he is the most bad ass in this scene http://gph.is/2uvlqeL but he is saved by his fellow companions, during this time some are fighting alone other are fighting together it’s chaos and not looking good when all the sudden we hear the famous dragon roars of Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal….. Dany has come to save the day but she must first help fight back the Wight and find a place to land that wouldn’t cause the ice to break and her dragons or Jon and co. to drown…. As everyone starts getting on Drogon and Rhaegal as Viserion provides aerial support, Jon stays back fighting Wights on his own to let the others board the dragons and pretty much says “well here I am” http://bit.ly/2vGQ7wd like a challenge for the wights to come at him and not at his friends (this guy does not fookin kneel)… BUT the night king is not about to take this L so he take a lance/spear made out of crystal ice and Hail Marys’ it at Viserion’s neck who is flying overhead and with one throw brings him down (fuuuhhhh!!!!) as I mentioned before this fight is over a lake and when he falls he falls on the ice breaking it and sinking under the water (if the spear/lance didn’t kill him the fall or the water sure did) as this happens Jon hurries to get on top of Drogon BUT falls when Drogon takes off and sinks under the lake as well and when Dany sees that Jon is pretty a goner she leaves with the survivors that believe it or not were able to keep the captured Wight with then and alive (or undead? Idk point is he/she is still moving) … after all this a wounded Jon swims back to the surface but he’s pretty much fucked anyway because the whole undead army is there surrounding him but that’s when your boy Benjen comes to the rescue with his ball of fire or whatever you want to call that and absolutely kicks ass but does give up his life (second life? Possibly just captured or killed and reanimated by the NK…. Also, it is not known if that can happen since he was brought back already by the former three eyed raven with help from the children of the forest…we’ll have to find out) for Jon by making a breach in the Wight army and giving him his horse to ride back to the wall http://gph.is/2tIb4K4 .... the survivors make it back to eastwatch and Dany is traumatized and heartbroken for the loss of her child (Viserion) as any mother would but the mission must continue but Friki does mention that Dany is desolated (besides feeling lost and alone idk what else it could mean in Spanish) Jon arrives at Eastwatch (yes doc brought his DeLorean and got him to eastwatch) badly wounded and is loaded onto a ship heading towards kings landing along with Dany and others…. The hound is entrusted with taking the Wight to the dragon pits… (Friki doesn’t not mention who made it out and who died but in this scene http://bit.ly/2vGQ7wd we see two burning bodies to the right (possibly?) which we know Jon and co. were burning those who fell so that they wouldn’t be reanimated by the NK so it is possible 2 or more companions did die, these two bodies in the back ground could easily just be burning wights since Dany’s dragons did torch a bunch of them but hey there’s some food for thought) In the ship Friki says that Jon is messed up tired and wounded when Dany goes to check up on him Jon sees how hurt she is, so Jon tries to console her which is when Dany tells him “he was like a son to me, it’s like they have taken my son from me” and then she gives one of her famous speeches that goes something like “I promise I will defeat the Night King etc.) Friki goes on to say that Jon sees that she wants to now fully fight the NK and he says if she does indeed join him in fighting the great other he would bend the knee… Jon tells calls Dany “Dany” (no one has called her this since her brother back in season one) which takes her back a little and says “no one has called me that since my brother” to which he responds “what would you like me to call you? ‘your grace, my queen?’ to which Dany says she didn’t mean like that it’s just been a while since some had called her that and it was very personal (not sure why this is important but I assume it’s to show they are getting closer?) then Jon goes on to say that he would bend the knee if he could but makes a notion that he literally cant bend it since he’s so physically fucked up (he doesn’t bend the knee literally but does say the words that he is willing to… so does it count?) this takes Dany by surprise and shocks her which she says “you would bend the knee? What about those who follow you?” Friki doesn’t say what Jon replies to this or what else happens in the boat. The scene does cut to north of the wall where The Night King orders Viserion to be pulled up from the lake… the Wights pretty much fish him out of the lake with GIANT chains and pull him out, he is definitely dead but then he opens his eyes as blue as the NK’s… he is brought back to life and that’s how things end in this episode beyond the wall.

In Winterfell where we left the stark sisters in a bit of an argument. Arya brings the letter she found in LF’s room and confronts Sansa with the letter she signed and asks her wtf it is about. Sansa says something about she had to do it to survive (this looks like the only direct interaction between the two for this episode) later LF keeps trying to get in between Jon and Sansa by telling her that Jon has left them that he doesn’t care about the north so on and so forth to which Sansa gets tired of his shit and tells him that Jon is king and that he should pretty much stop trying to get in her head (fookin finally) there isn’t much left in Winterfell only that Sansa tells Brienne that she needs to go to the dragon pit to represent her since she’s the lady of Winterfell (Friki says that they receive a raven from kings landing to join a meeting requested by Jon and Dany.) Brienne at first doesn’t want to go since she swore and oath to protect her and that she shouldn’t leave her side but when she finds out Jamie will be there she agrees to go. She believes she will be safe, she truly believes Jamie to be an honorable man. Friki also tells us how Sansa wonders what Arya has been doing the whole time she’s been gone, since all Arya has done since she arrived is question her… so she does some sneaking around of her own and possibly finds all the faces Arya owns and poisons (the ones she might have used to kill the Freys) and he also says how Arya truly wants to know what Sansa truly thinks about Cersei and Jon and whether she wants the north for herself.

Another scene that takes place sometime in the show is in Dragonstone (before Dany receives a plead of help from Jon via Gendry) Dany is seen being nervous for Jon and Jorah but mostly Jon. Tyrion then witnesses how much Dany starts to care about Jon and is uninterested in anything but news of Jon, which is when the raven arrives from the north asking for help to which she goes just to help Jon (and Jorah too) which Tyrion chases her telling her she can’t because if she does and then dies everything that they have been trying to accomplish will be for nothing, but Dany is a fookin dragon and jumps on Drogon and leaves with the other 2 following her http://bit.ly/2tXZMwo . (this all happens as events in the north happen)

This is episode 6…. Could be one of the best in the shows history.

Again, Friki wanted to tell the events of the north as one instead of jumping in and out since it’s so much. The episode is a long one so much does happen and yes time machines do exist (they must at this point)

Thank You for your kind (and not so kind) words…I am new to the freefolk and absolutely love it.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, doram said:

OMG!  ?

They gender-bent the classic "hero riding off on his horse to save his girl"!

Oh I have to tamper down my expectations. There's no way this can be as awesome as it sounds. 

I hope it is. Be a dragon, Dany. And then ride Jon like a dragon.

• Love 8
(edited)

Dialogue for Jon/Davos/Dany/Tyrion part 1

-You stand in the presence of Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen. Rightful heir to the Iron Throne, rightful Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains.

-This is Jon Snow. He's King in the North

D-Thank you for traveling so far, my lord. I hope the seas weren't too rough.

J-The winds were kind, Your Grace.

D: So I assume, my lord, you're here to bend the knee.

J: I am not.

D: Well, that is unfortunate. You've travelled all this way to break faith with House Targaryen?

J: Break faith? Your father burned my grandfather alive. He burned my uncle alive. He would have burned the Seven Kingdoms--

D: My father was an evil man. On behalf of House Targaryen, I ask your forgiveness for the crimes he committed against your family. And I ask you not to judge a daughter for the sins of her father. (Yada, yada, yada.) I am the last Targaryen, Jon Snow. Honor the pledge your ancestor made to mine. Bend the knee and I will name you Warden of the North. (Yada, yada, yada.)

J: You're right. You're not guilty of your father's crimes. And I'm not beholden to my ancestor's vows. (Yada, yada, yada.)

Davos -Apologies, I have a Flea Bottom accent, I know, but Jon Snow is King in the North, Your Grace. He's not a lord.

Davos -You don't believe him. I understand that, it sounds like nonsense. But if destiny has brought Daenerys Targaryen back to our shores, it has also made Jon Snow King in the North. You were the first to bring Dothraki to Westeros? He is the first to make allies of wildlings and Northmen. He was named Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, he was named King in the North. Not because of his birthright. He has no birthright, he's a damn bastard. All those hard sons of bitches chose him as their leader because they believe in him. All those things you don't believe in,he faced those things. He fought those things for the good of his people. He risked his life for his people. He took a knife in the heart for his people. He gave his own-- If we don't put aside our enmities and band together, we will die. And then it doesn't matter whose skeleton sits on the Iron Throne.

D: What was that Ser Davos said about "taking a knife in the heart" for his people? Did you notice that?

T: You must allow them their flights of fancy. It's dreary in the North

More spoilers

About Ellaria: Cersei wants her well fed, forcing her to eat if she starves herself. So she can watch her daughter rot slowly.

It's called The Long Farewell.

Melisandre: She'll go to Volantis but will return to Westeros.

Edited by Edith
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Edith said:

Davos -Apologies, I have a Flea Bottom accent, I know, but Jon Snow is King in the North, Your Grace. He's not a lord.

Davos -You don't believe him. I understand that, it sounds like nonsense. But if destiny has brought Daenerys Targaryen back to our shores, it has also made Jon Snow King in the North. You were the first to bring Dothraki to Westeros? He is the first to make allies of wildlings and Northmen. He was named Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, he was named King in the North. Not because of his birthright. He has no birthright, he's a damn bastard. All those hard sons of bitches chose him as their leader because they believe in him. All those things you don't believe in,he faced those things. He fought those things for the good of his people. He risked his life for his people. He took a knife in the heart for his people. He gave his own-- If we don't put aside our enmities and band together, we will die. And then it doesn't matter whose skeleton sits on the Iron Throne.

Kind of surreal to see Davos stanning for Jon as hard as he stanned for Stannis. It also seems that Lads was correct about Davos almost spilling Jon's death but Jon warning him off (assuming there's a glance or something from Jon at the part I bolded, since Davos cuts himself off and redirects).

In between the Lads spoilers and /Dragonglassbenjen's direct episode quotes prior to airing, we're really thoroughly spoiled, aren't we?

/Dragonglassbenjen just posted this exchange between Dany and Tyrion:

D: What was that Ser Davos said about "taking a knife in the heart" for his people? Did you notice that?

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Edith said:

Okay, I'm still giggling at this. Tyrion's line is pretty funny. 

Guess she'll get to see that scar the knife in the heart left soon enough.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, Edith said:

This makes me glad because at least they remember Jon died. Sometimes it seems like the show has forgotten that. 

I like the dialogue from Jon and Dany's first meeting. And I'm excited to see Jon meet Drogon. I imagine it will be an anvil-filled meeting with Drogon all "Hey mom, this guy is a Targaryen I like him can we keep him?"

• Love 4
On 7/25/2017 at 6:32 PM, glowbug said:

However, what the case of Queen Victoria does show is that children of a crown prince who never ascended to throne took precedence over the king's children in England, which is the basis for the Westerosi laws of succession. Even if Jon were a girl he would still have a better claim (assuming he's legitimate) over Dany.

Funny, I was looking at some old posts of mine just now, and saw that actually Victoria was supposed to abdicate if a child of the last king was born posthumously, even if Victoria had already been crowned. This shows that the child of an actual king does take a good deal of precedence over a child that is not the king's, even though her line of succession is otherwise impeccable. Here's the post I wrote then:

Actually, as I poke deeper into the topic (this is all SO educational!) I find that in actual English history (that Westeros is based on), Queen Victoria was properly crowned queen - with the stipulation that if the just-deceased king's wife had a child within the nine months after the king's death she'd have to give the crown to him/her. Such is the power over the succession the child of a king has, no matter how much younger than the acknowledged Crown Princess who isn't the child of the king. Also, it seems that in England the throne can't remain vacant, there has to be a regent for someone. (Fascinating article: http://royalcentral.co.uk/blogs/the-primogeniture-paradox-the-posthumous-heir-54339)

• Love 1

Minor, but I noticed that Megan Parkinson (Alys Karstark) was credited for 702.  I guess since they filmed all the "Northern council" scenes at the same time, the actors are all in all those scenes, even without any lines.

Jon and Tyrion:

-At some point, I want to hear how a Night's Watch recruit became King in the North.

-As long as you tell me how a Lannister became Hand to Daenerys Targaryen.

-A long and bloody tale. To be honest, I was drunk for most of it.

-My bannermen think I'm a fool for coming here.

-Of course they do. If I was your hand, I would have advised against it. General rule of thumb, Stark men don't fare well when they travel south.

-True. But I'm not a Stark.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, screamin said:

Funny, I was looking at some old posts of mine just now, and saw that actually Victoria was supposed to abdicate if a child of the last king was born posthumously, even if Victoria had already been crowned. This shows that the child of an actual king does take a good deal of precedence over a child that is not the king's, even though her line of succession is otherwise impeccable. Here's the post I wrote then:

But the baby would only have been crowned because he was next in line to the throne. It would first go to the king's sons and next to the king's daughters (in England, not Westeros). If the king had no children then it would go to his eldest younger brother (or sister if he had no brothers). Then the children of the eldest younger brother would be next. Queen Victoria's situation shows that Jon, even if he wasn't born at the time of Rhaegar or the Mad King's deaths would still have a superior claim to Viserys or Dany. 

39 minutes ago, doram said:

So even in with the UK standard, succession lines are not entirely straightforward. 

This is true. They passed over 100 people with a better claim to the throne to start the Hanover line because they didn't want a Catholic King. This is the point when England became a constitutional monarchy because parliament basically elected the king. There are other examples of when the person who becomes king didn't have the best claim. Henry VII is another example, I believe. 

Episode six sounds so damn epic.

I love how hard Davos hypes Jon. He's so modest that he won't do it himself and just focuses on the mission, but Davos makes sure that he gets some respect for what he's achieved and endured.

I hope there's a season 8 scene where Tyrion finds out about boatsex when Dany defends Jon and says that he really does have all those scars from his fatal wounds.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, Edith said:

Jon and Tyrion:

-At some point, I want to hear how a Night's Watch recruit became King in the North.

-As long as you tell me how a Lannister became Hand to Daenerys Targaryen.

-A long and bloody tale. To be honest, I was drunk for most of it.

-My bannermen think I'm a fool for coming here.

-Of course they do. If I was your hand, I would have advised against it. General rule of thumb, Stark men don't fare well when they travel south.

-True. But I'm not a Stark.

I love this.

/Gotit1111 strikes again, confirming that Frikidoctor's Episode 3 summary was legit and adding some detail. It's a big wall of text so I'll focus on the things that /Dragonglassbenjen and Frikidoctor haven't already covered, but you can follow the link to read the rest of it. Bolding is mine:

Jon/Tyrion: 

The scene with Tyrion and Jon is heartwarming. Its nice seeing these two together again. They mention the new scars they have saying a lot has changed since "i saw you last pissing off the wall". When they are walking up towards Dragonstone and before the dragons swoop down Tyrion inquires about Sansa, assuring Jon the marriage was a farce and was unconsummated. He also says she is a lot more clever than she lets on, to which Jon replies "She's beginning to let on".
Dragons swoop down. Tyrion : "I'd say you get use to them, but you never really do."

Answers the question of whether the Tyrion/Sansa marriage will be addressed.

Varys/Melisandre:

The conversation between Varys and Missendai [I think he means Melisandre] plays out a bit differently than described. Varys clearly doesnt like her and doesnt buy her statment that she is done with whispering in King's ears. He mentions that to "us commonfolk, tasting influence is like a lion tasting human flesh." She is going to the east but she will come back, which he mildly threatens that probably isnt a good idea for her sake. She responds saying she has to die in this strange land, as does he. She walks away and Varys is obviously left shaken a bit, since she just told him hes gonna die soon.

LOL, when will Varys learn not to fuck with the Red Priestesses? 

To be fair, Varys probably expected to die in Westeros even if he lived to a ripe old age, so there's nothing on the face of Melisandre's statement that's particularly ominous, but it sounds like a hint from the writers that Varys and Melisandre will die before the end of the series.

Jon vs. Dany, Round 2: 

Varys comes in an whispers about Eurons fleet and the greyjoys and snakes being killed or captured. Jon doesnt hear this but she offers them a room to stay the night. Jon asks if he is her prisoner.
"Not yet." she says.

Girrrrrrrrrrrl.

Theres a quick scene of Theon being holstered up from the sea by a surviving Greyjoy boat (not Eurons). Captain shows up asks about Yara he tells her he got her couldnt save her he tried. Buddy says he wouldnt be here if he tried.

Burn.

The Euron scene actually happens before the sex scene between Cersei and Jaime. The scenes specificall described are bang on but the order is incorrect. This could possibly be a strategy by HBO to confuse and isolate leakers in different regions in the world Im not sure though. Anyways Euron parades the snakes in the streets. Gives the "gift" in the Iron Throne room. Cersei is like REALLY pleased, like...sexually. The sight of them in chains almost like it turns her on a bit. She tells Euron he will have whatever his heart desires... AFTER the war is won. This is when Euron asks Jaime for sex advice, he even asks if Cersei likes her ass fingered...Seriously its gold....Like Jaimes hand....which he may or may not finger Cerseis ass with.

Hmmm.

Now we have the war room at dragonstone again with all the players their. Tyrion begins his explanation about the invasion of Casterly Rock. Scenes of the invasion its a massive invasion or front or wahtever but Casterly rock holds. Tyrion mentions as this is happening is that Casterly rock is more or less impossible to penetrate head on. but he made secret tunnles for his whores back in the day through the sewers to sneak them in.
The Casterly rock invasion is actually the second last scene, and is narrated by Tyrion as its going down. He's essentially describing the battle as its happening. Theres an epic battle that focuses on Grey Worm as hes explaining. Grey worm throws a spear at a lannister soldier that sends him 15 feet into a wall. Its dope.
However as the battle finishes and Grey Worm and everyone is celebrating the victory grey worm is deff suspicious. Hes all like "There should be more of them" Then they get up at the top and look to the sea nad Eurons fleet is attacking Dany's and destroying the fuck out of it.

Sounds like a cool sequence.

Next scene is the aftermath of HighGarden battle. Jaime is marching upstairs to Olenna whos in her room. She knows her time is up. They have an exchange, says Joffrey was such a cunt. Jaimes look is kinda like "......mmmm Yeaaaaah." lol its good. She asks how she will go. He mentions Cersei wants her flayed in public, paraded around the streets. He tells Olenna he convinced her not to do those things. She asks will it be painful, he says no. Pours a glass of wine for the two of them. He puts poison in hers. SHE GULPS IT RIGHT AWAY. Like fuck yah lets fuckin do it already. Its after she gulps it our girl Olenna gets the last laugh. She describes Joffreys death graphicly. Telling Jaime how hard it mustve been to see his son die like that. Then she says she made it so because she wasnt sure if it actually would of worked. She wasnt disapointed. She says "He was a monster, just like his mother, and she will be the end of you."
Hes visibly pissed and leaves. Cut to black end of episode.

Nice foreshadowing for Jaime's end, and a great parting line from Olenna. RIP, you magnificent bitch.

Theres also the two other smaller scenes where Tyrion and Jon talk to each other at the edge of a cliff. Friki pretty much sumed it up perfectly and there is the scene where Jon comes to Dany as she is watching her dragons and she gives him permission to mine the dragonglass. This is deffinitely the setup for Boatsex as she looks back at him empathetically as he walks away after. DEYGONFUCK.

Aw.

Oh also, its the scene with Tyrion and Dany that convinces Dany to give him the dragonglass. The logic behind it is if Jon is busy mining dragonglass and fighting an enemy, even if its an imaginary one, it doesnt matter because he isnt rallying to go against Dany, so its probably better to extend an olive branch, create a relationship and keep him distracted so hes not focused and battling Dany.

Makes sense.

Not gonna lie, I think this episode sounds awesome. Cannot fucking wait.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 6

Varys is the architect of the obviously doomed Aegon plot, so he's not likely to survive in GRRM's outline. Even though he's a far more sympathetic Dany supporter/man of the people on the show, the showrunners may have decided to honor his planned ending. I expect it'll just play out as more of a tragedy.

So Tyrion doesn't think the Sansa marriage was valid, and it'll be hinted that he's a little bit in love with Dany. Thank goodness, that seems to imply that the marriage plot truly is over.

I'm so glad that Olenna gets to die like a boss.

I can't wait to see Dany freaking out over Jon's safety in 7x06. I hope Kit and Emilia nail all the looks that are being described by the leakers. And boatsex would actually be a good moment to show Dany reacting wordlessly to Jon's scars and realizing that Davos told the truth, adding a bit more plot to the scene so that it's not just about two hot actors.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, ElizaD said:

Varys is the architect of the obviously doomed Aegon plot, so he's not likely to survive in GRRM's outline.

I hope he takes Illyrio with him when he goes. I just can't with the lies that child has been fed his whole life. Shit's gonna hit the fan hard with this plot.

The episodes sounds good. And Dany really has no military power at sea anymore. How are the Unsullied going to return to Dragonstone if they have no ships left? 

I am very much looking forward to the Tyrion/Jon scenes since the pictures leaked. 

(edited)

So Euron is just sailing around with his ships attacking people... How does no one see him coming?!

Dany and co. should be targeting him and taking him out first. He is a menace. Burn his ships with her dragons, like she did in Meereen.

Tyrion/Sansa is over.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 2
(edited)

I keep repeating myself, but I cannot wait for Daenerys and Jon to finally meet and fall in love. It promises to be sooo good. Tyrion and Jon's reunion sounds like it will be good also.

The good news is that Grey Worm isn't dead. I am so relieved. How will Daenerys rescue the Unsullied from Casterly Rock? It is pure plot device that Daenerys doesn't just take her dragons and burn Euron's fleet. I look forward to his death.

Olenna's death scene sounds like it will be a classic. I hope Jaime heeds her warning about Cersei before it is too late. Even if he is going to die, I would like him to wake up to Cersei and have a reconciliation with Brienne before the end.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ElizaD said:

And boatsex would actually be a good moment to show Dany reacting wordlessly to Jon's scars and realizing that Davos told the truth, adding a bit more plot to the scene so that it's not just about two hot actors.

If I were Kit and Emilia I'd b pretty cheesed off to have to follow Jacob and Nathalie.  Pretty faces sure ... but there aint no way they can top those bodies.

(edited)
3 hours ago, ElizaD said:

Varys is the architect of the obviously doomed Aegon plot, so he's not likely to survive in GRRM's outline. Even though he's a far more sympathetic Dany supporter/man of the people on the show, the showrunners may have decided to honor his planned ending. I expect it'll just play out as more of a tragedy.

Probably. 7x02 may have given us the method of death, as well, with Dany's promise to burn Varys alive if he ever betrays her and the knowledge from the leaks that Varys and Tyrion worry about Dany's stability after she executes Randyll and Dickon Tarly.

As the dialogue also hints that Melisandre will return to Westeros and die before the end of the series, what are we thinking about her end? We were promised in Season 3 that Arya and Melisandre would meet again.

Olenna's bit about how Cersei will be the end of Jaime, coupled with the book valonqar prophecy, makes me wonder if we are going to get a murder/suicide scenario with Jaime and Cersei as so many have speculated.

On another note, Tyrion telling Jon "If I was your Hand" in the dialogue snippet upthread could be a hint that Tyrion will ultimately end up as Jon's Hand, although that doesn't bode well for Davos. Jon and Tyrion certainly seem to get along like a house on fire judging from their conversations in 7x03.

I'm so glad that Olenna gets to die like a boss.

Me, too. As prophetic pre-execution last words go, it's not quite "Kill me and be cursed, you are no king of mine" or "Gods help you, Theon Greyjoy, for now you are truly lost," but it's up there.

I can't wait to see Dany freaking out over Jon's safety in 7x06.

Yes, yes, yes, and riding off to rescue him. I'm wondering if the shot of Tyrion on the cliff looking worried in the trailers is from Tyrion watching Dany fly off with the dragons to save Jon.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2

Man, now I really hope that Jon/Dany isn't ruined by them finding out they are related.  I can kinda see it going like this:

Dany: Well, it's not like my family hasn't done this before.  Incest is already in our blood.

Jon: Yeah, I never grew up with any of you so it isn't like I feel like a Targaryen anyway.

Dany: I still want to be on the Iron Throne.

Jon: Fine by me.

(pause)

Dany: More boatsex?

Jon: More boatsex.

• Love 9
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Probably. 7x02 may have given us the method of death, as well, with Dany's promise to burn Varys alive if he ever betrays her and the knowledge from the leaks that Varys and Tyrion worry about Dany's stability after she executes Randyll and Dickon Tarly.

As the dialogue also hints that Melisandre will return to Westeros and die before the end of the series, what are we thinking about her end? We were promised in Season 3 that Arya and Melisandre would meet again.

Olenna's bit about how Cersei will be the end of Jaime, coupled with the book valonqar prophecy, makes me wonder if we are going to get a murder/suicide scenario with Jaime and Cersei as so many have speculated.

I know there's the whole Valonqar prophecy as you pointed out, but Watchers on the Wall posted a picture, different angle with Cersei facing Balerion's skull, with her back to the camera, and damn! All I kept thinking about was how Rhaenyra died. That's the only image I got in my head.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, TarotQueen said:

If I were Kit and Emilia I'd b pretty cheesed off to have to follow Jacob and Nathalie.  Pretty faces sure ... but there aint no way they can top those bodies.

Kit and Emilia will hold their own. I was re-watching Jon's rise from the dead scene and realized that I had forgotten what a nice cut body he has because it is always clothed. Emilia is lovely and has a good body.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, doram said:

Summary: GOT is filled with lots and lots of pretty, pretty people.

Cersei doesn't deserve Rhaenyra's bad-ass death. 

No, but that picture was a holy shit moment for me when I saw it.

About Jaime. I'm assuming that he and Bronn are going to ride north to join Jon & Co and fight with them. I think seeing Brienne at the dragon pit will wake him from his Cersei induced daze. 

6 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Cersei wants her flayed in public, paraded around the streets. He tells Olenna he convinced her not to do those things. She asks will it be painful, he says no.

What the fuck has Olenna done to Cersei that would warrant flaying an old lady?? At this point, Cersei doesn't know Olenna poisoned Joffrey, so all Olenna has done is insult Cersei (with the truth, BTW) every chance she got. It was only after Cersei killed Olenna's entire family that she allied herself with Dany. And just because Jaime allows Olenna to drink poison doesn't make him any better. D&D's love of Lena has made Cersei's S7 victories absolutely ridiculous and is further ruining Jaime.

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And Dany really has no military power at sea anymore. How are the Unsullied going to return to Dragonstone if they have no ships left? 

Not only that, but how are the 8,000 Unsullied going to be transported to Eastwatch in the season finale? On whose boats? I doubt Jon/the North has that many to loan Dany and no one else is allied with her by that point.

Anyway, besides making Cersei some super-power and Euron once again sneaking up on any armada, the episode does sound great. I'm so glad Jon and Tyrion are still bros and that Tyrion really goes to bat for Jon. I'm intrigued by Dany being intrigued about Jon taking a knife to the heart. If she doesn't touch or kiss that scar during boatsex, I'll be majorly disappointed. This episode seems like it has a ton of foreshadowing. Is it Sunday yet??

• Love 5

Kit and Emilia have really grown into their respective roles on the show. Neither of them started out as particularly fantastic actors but I have to say I've been really impressed by both of them this season. Granted, Emilia hasn't been given much to work with since season one (aside from a few good scenes) and Kit started off the series playing a man several years younger than he was, who was based on and acting like a 14 year old. It looked strange having a twenty something year old man sulking around like a young teenager. Both practice and giving him more of an adult role to play has really improved Kit's performance. Kit and Emilia have chemistry off screen so I hope that it translates on screen as well. 

The fact that Dany and Jon are related shouldn't bother either of them. In Dany's case, she grew up thinking she would marry her brother and her family is filled with incestuous matches, and aunt/nephew unions, just like cousin/cousin unions, were not unheard of in Westeros outside of the Targaryen family. In fact, I believe there was at least one aunt/nephew or uncle/niece marriage in the Stark family tree so in Westeros this isn't taboo the way sibling unions are. I'll pretty much take anything over two people raised as siblings falling in love. 

• Love 7
(edited)

GOT cinematographer Robert McLachlan talked to Radio Times about 7x04 and 7x05:

Although naturally tight-lipped about exact details, McLachlan dropped potential hints of a White Walker battle towards the season’s close and teased that we’re in for a treat from a “surprising and epic” episode four and a “very satisfying” and "crowd-pleasing" episode five.
He told us: “I’m extremely pleased with them. Four is definitely going to impress people and five I especially like too – there are some lovely crowd-pleasing scenes in it.”
He went on to say episode four was his favourite of the two, hinting “it was really hard work – uncommonly hard work. It was the toughest one I’ve done of the eight episodes I’ve worked on.”

"Surprising and epic" 7x04...the ambush sequence, I'm guessing.

"Crowd-pleasing scenes" in 7x05...Gendry's return, Dany/Jorah reunion, Jaime/Tyrion scene...?

He also revealed in the same interview that originally David Nutter was supposed to direct these episodes but Matt Shakman took over after Nutter had back surgery. Maybe we'll get Nutter for Season 8....?

I'm kind of curious who will wind up directing those six Season 8 episodes. If each episode does wind up being 80+ minutes in length as a crew member suggested may be the case a while ago, maybe each director will only get one episode apiece, although Podeswa directed two episodes including the supersized finale for Season 7.

Edited by Eyes High
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

On another note, Tyrion telling Jon "If I was your Hand" in the dialogue snippet upthread could be a hint that Tyrion will ultimately end up as Jon's Hand, although that doesn't bode well for Davos. Jon and Tyrion certainly seem to get along like a house on fire judging from their conversations in 7x03.

I haven't read any speculation about Varys and Melisandre that would seem as solid as the classic theories (Jon or Dany as the ruler) or the ones that have recently become more widely discussed (Arya leaves Westeros). As random guesses, I'd say that Tyrion and Varys might end up opposing Cersei in the south and he's her last big victim, and Melisandre and Arya do some version of the Nissa Nissa sacrifice if Arya's new Valyrian dagger means she'll be fighting the Walkers.

I'll keep on hoping that Tyrion gets the Rock and Davos the Handship until a reliable leaker says otherwise. I know Davos is not an A-lister and could be killed off as a major B-list loss in the war since the big six might all survive, but I just love him so much that I want him to be rewarded for his hard work.

• Love 1

I keep waiting for this Euron to be a villain. As of now, all he's becoming is a henchman. A competent henchman but a henchman nonetheless.

Nothing really earth shattering in those summaries.

(edited)
26 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

GOT cinematographer Robert McLachlan talked to Radio Times about 7x04 and 7x05:

"Crowd-pleasing scenes" in 7x05...Gendry's return, Dany/Jorah reunion, Jaime/Tyrion scene...?

He also revealed in the same interview that originally David Nutter was supposed to direct these episodes but Matt Shakman took over after Nutter had back surgery. Maybe we'll get Nutter for Season 8....?

I'm kind of curious who will wind up directing those six Season 8 episodes. If each episode does wind up being 80+ minutes in length as a crew member suggested may be the case a while ago, maybe each director will only get one episode apiece, although Podeswa directed two episodes including the supersized finale for Season 7.

According to friki, wight hunt team is formed  in this episode.

I could see that as crowd-pleasing scene.

Edited by Edith

I'm mostly just glad that Euron doesn't torture and/or rape people on screen (so far). I've had enough of that to last me a lifetime tbh.

(edited)

I love the Jon/Tyrion scenes. But I feel like Jon/Dany is going to lead to the downfall or death of one or both of them. Probably Dany. I also think Jon is going to be horrified when he finds out he's had boatsex with his aunt. Dany might be okay with nephew boatsex since she grew up with the Targaryen mindset. I do think they'll be hot together because Kit and Emilia, but it squicks me out to ship relatives with each other (I know a lot of people were shipping Jon and Sansa last year but yeah, relatives). 

Edited by Minneapple
  • Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, ElizaD said:

I haven't read any speculation about Varys and Melisandre that would seem as solid as the classic theories (Jon or Dany as the ruler) or the ones that have recently become more widely discussed (Arya leaves Westeros). As random guesses, I'd say that Tyrion and Varys might end up opposing Cersei in the south and he's her last big victim, and Melisandre and Arya do some version of the Nissa Nissa sacrifice if Arya's new Valyrian dagger means she'll be fighting the Walkers.

I'll keep on hoping that Tyrion gets the Rock and Davos the Handship until a reliable leaker says otherwise. I know Davos is not an A-lister and could be killed off as a major B-list loss in the war since the big six might all survive, but I just love him so much that I want him to be rewarded for his hard work.

I think you're right and that if Varys dies, it will be as the result of the ongoing conflict in the south. 

I'm fuzzy on the rules, but can't Tyrion be both Lord of Casterly Rock and Hand at the same time, like Tywin was?

Davos might be one of the B-list characters whose ending GRRM hasn't yet decided on, so it's possible D&D have free rein with the character. If Tyrion is destined to be the endgame Hand in the books, which seems fairly likely if the show is any indication, then I'd assume TV Davos, who already seems to be Jon's current de facto Hand, will die to clear the way for him (no matter what happens in the books).

Tyrion as endgame Hand seems a bit too obvious, but then, so does Jon as endgame king, and we seem well on our way to that outcome in the show.

Davos and Tyrion will be spending some quality time together in 7x05, so we may get some more clues as to their endgames in those conversations.

Edited by Eyes High
Just now, Azi said:

I'm mostly just glad that Euron doesn't torture and/or rape people on screen (so far). I've had enough of that to last me a lifetime tbh.

On screen, because he will say that he's going rape Yara next episode or already raped her.

7 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I'm fuzzy on the rules, but can't Tyrion be both Lord of Casterly Rock and Hand at the same time, like Tywin was?

Yes. Since I'm pretty sure that he'll live, I think that Davos is most likely to survive if Tyrion decides that he wants to leave KL and enjoy being Lord of the Rock, because then the ruler would need a non-Tyrion character to be the Hand.

4 minutes ago, ElizaD said:

Yes. Since I'm pretty sure that he'll live, I think that Davos is most likely to survive if Tyrion decides that he wants to leave KL and enjoy being Lord of the Rock, because then the ruler would need a non-Tyrion character to be the Hand.

I think there's no question at this point that if Tyrion isn't the endgame Hand, it will be Davos. Just as with the endgame king/queen, the show has severely restricted the list of possible candidates.

If Tyrion does fall deeply in love with Dany and she does die, then he may lose interest in politicking, clearing the way for Davos.

32 minutes ago, Edith said:

On screen, because he will say that he's going rape Yara next episode or already raped her.

Yes, that's why I said "on screen". I always assumed he did that stuff anyway, but as long as I don't have to see it, I'm good.

4 hours ago, TarotQueen said:

3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Kit and Emilia will hold their own. I was re-watching Jon's rise from the dead scene and realized that I had forgotten what a nice cut body he has because it is always clothed. Emilia is lovely and has a good body.

I am hoping the Jon/Dany love scene will be completely different from the GW/Missandei one.  No slow motion pans, lingering body shots, etc. These are two dragons, after all, and I really hope they will skip the soft and sweet stuff.  I want it to be passionate and emotional.  I can't wait, honestly.

• Love 5
(edited)

Based on the various spoilers so far, the following actors will or possibly will appear in all seven episodes this season:

1. Kit Harington (confirmed)
  2. Emilia Clarke (confirmed)
  3. Peter Dinklage (confirmed)
  4. Sophie Turner (confirmed)
  5. Iain Glen (confirmed)
  6. Aidan Gillen (confirmed)
  7. Liam Cunningham (unconfirmed; I'm not clear if Davos is actually in episode 6 or if the A-Team sets out at the end of episode 5)
  8. Nathalie Emmanuel (unconfirmed; unclear on whether she's in the Dragonstone scene in episode 6)
  9. Conleth Hill (unconfirmed; see above)
Edited by SeanC
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 27/7/2017 at 4:34 PM, SeanC said:

Based on the various spoilers so far, the following actors will or possibly will appear in all seven episodes this season:

1. Kit Harington (confirmed)
  2. Emilia Clarke (confirmed)
  3. Peter Dinklage (confirmed)
  4. Sophie Turner (confirmed)
  5. Iain Glen (confirmed)
  6. Aidan Gillen (confirmed)
  7. Liam Cunningham (unconfirmed; I'm not clear if Davos is actually in episode 6 or if the A-Team sets out at the end of episode 5)
  8. Nathalie Emmanuel (unconfirmed; unclear on whether she's in the Dragonstone scene in episode 6)
  9. Conleth Hill (unconfirmed; see above)

Is Jorah in episode 4? Friki doesn't mention him and it looks that he's cured and ready to go to dany by episode 3.

I think the scene in dragostone is only between Tyrion and Dany.

@Stephanie1216

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6ptxoy/s07e03_frikis_episode_summary_confirmed_the/

Edited by Edith
6 hours ago, Eyes High said:

7 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

What the fuck has Olenna done to Cersei that would warrant flaying an old lady?? At this point, Cersei doesn't know Olenna poisoned Joffrey, so all Olenna has done is insult Cersei (with the truth, BTW) every chance she got. It was only after Cersei killed Olenna's entire family that she allied herself with Dany. And just because Jaime allows Olenna to drink poison doesn't make him any better. D&D's love of Lena has made Cersei's S7 victories absolutely ridiculous and is further ruining Jaime.

At this point, the thing I am looking forward to the most is Dany on Drogon and her horde of Dothraki demolishing the Lannisters and Tarlys in the Field of Fire 2.0. I hope it is as epic as promised.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Edith said:

Is Jorah in episode 4? Friki doesn't mention him and it looks that he's cured and ready to go to dany by episode 3.

Ah, I may have misremembered that.  I thought he was only shown cured in episode 3 and his departure was episode 4.  One down, then.

Even if you assume none of the "possibles" make it, this season will have more people featured in every episode than all previous seasons combined.

(edited)

On one of the most controversial leaks--that Jon's real name is "Aegon"--I found the following. I went back and checked the transcripts of the first two episodes of Season 7, and Aegon is mentioned five times. To be fair, Dany is attempting to do the same thing Aegon once did, so it's not all that strange that his name would come up, but five times?

Speaking of possible names for Jon, and particularly in the context of the trustworthiness of Targs, it's too bad that Jon hasn't yet mentioned his friendship with Aemon, who was a Targ but was someone he valued and trusted deeply. Yohn Royce's jab about how Targs can't be trusted seemed like a good place to bring it up. It's also a strike against "Aemon" as a possible name candidate, since I think we'd be hearing a lot about Aemon in Season 7 if Jon's real name were about to be outed as Aemon.

At this point, the thing I am looking forward to the most is Dany on Drogon and her horde of Dothraki demolishing the Lannisters and Tarlys in the Field of Fire 2.0. I hope it is as epic as promised.

I was lukewarm on the idea until I saw the Dothraki jumping onto their saddles in the trailer. Yes, please, give me alllll the riding stunts.

Edited by Eyes High