Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 hours ago, SeanC said:

She didn't kill him, did she?  So the thesis that Arya is an uncontrollable psychopath is unsupported.

Bigger priorities.  Jaime shows himself in front of Arya in a Winterfell, he will die. I think even Jaime knows that.

Edited by Oscirus
2 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

Bigger priorities.  Jaime shows himself in front of Arya in a Winterfell, he will die. I think ven Jaime knows that.

Surely the war against the White Walkers is a bigger priority, if Jaime is technically their ally at this point then she would hold back on attacking him.

22 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

Bigger priorities.  Jaime shows himself in front of Arya in a Winterfell, he will die. I think even Jaime knows that.

You keep saying this but there is nothing in the books nor the TV show that indicates that Arya wants to kill Jaime.  

He's not even on her kill list.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ElizaD said:

While Dany might live and have Jon's child, this narrative, along with the leaked revelation of his legitimacy, does make me think that if one of the two dies it's more likely to be her and not him despite all the questions about what the resurrection might have done to his body.

It's been my guess for awhile now that the way the story ends is with Jon on the Iron Throne, with Daenerys having died.  Cersei also dead, of course.  Arya probably live.  Not sure about the rest.

2 hours ago, Oscirus said:

Jaime doesn't know the first thing about Arya.

And he ends the season riding northward.  Where do you think he's headed?

• Love 2
17 hours ago, whateverdgaf said:

She might want him dead, but Arya was able to control herself when she saw him then, she should be able to do so again. Especially if the Starks and Lannisters have formed an alliance.

But they also haven't put together the right people for Arya (and Jon) to know that Jamie pushed Bran out of a window and crippled him yet.  That will likely happen before or exactly when Jamie shows up.

Someone refresh my memory, who does Jon take with him to Dragonstone when he goes?

(edited)
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

Someone refresh my memory, who does Jon take with him to Dragonstone when he goes?

Davos, but when he plants to capture a WW there are some of his men with him, IIRC.

You know, when I read the first spoilers - boat!sex! Sansa kills LIF! Wall is down! Battles! - there were a few things I wanted so much to see. Now my most antecipated spoiler is Jon heading South, so we can stop with this Jon x Sansa nonsense for a few episodes.

Edited by Raachel2008
  • Love 3

I actually found Jon and Sansa pretty benign last night. I thought they came off as bickering siblings. Yet from the posts here you would think that they are in some competition/power struggle. I didn't see that at all. 

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

Now my most antecipated spoiler is Jon heading South, so we can stop with this Jon x Sansa nonsense for a few episodes.

Only to be replaced by Arya x Sansa and Jon x Dany nonsense :)

Something interesting from Freefolk's Frikidoctor spoilers for episode 3:

Discussion whether Tyrion and Jon are brothers in law or ex-bil. Mention of marriage not being consummated and Sansa marrying Ramsay. They think that T+S is official and they are BIL.

If this is true, they seem to be saying that Tyrion and Sansa are still married. Maybe relevant to the end game.

Where did you see that, exactly?  I couldn't find that anywhere.

I wasn't aware FrikiDoctor was still giving spoilers.  I thought HBO shut that down and he went back to just predicting stuff.

1 hour ago, Raachel2008 said:

Davos, but when he plants to capture a WW there are some of his men with him, IIRC.

You know, when I read the first spoilers - boat!sex! Sansa kills LIF! Wall is down! Battles! - there were a few things I wanted so much to see. Now my most antecipated spoiler is Jon heading South, so we can stop with this Jon x Sansa nonsense for a few episodes.

That was why I was asking.  It seems like the strife between Sansa and Jon is overblown because if he had real doubts about Sansa, he would have left Davos behind to "aid" her.

8 hours ago, SeanC said:

Jaime doesn't know the first thing about Arya.

And he ends the season riding northward.  Where do you think he's headed?

A girl matching the description of a girl calling herself a wolf using a Stark slogan leaving the riverrun massacre suddenly shows up in winterfell.  It doesn't take Scooby Doo to figure out who she is and what she's capable of/ done.

If he's smart, he'll go to his brother in dragon stone since that's the only thing he has resembling an ally.

7 hours ago, anamika said:

Freefolk:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6ntbja/could_some_freefolk_brother_translate_episode_3/

Seems like Frikidoctor is also seeing early episodes. Seems rather specific to be predicting...

Hmm, interesting (though, granted, since Lads has already spoiled virtually all of this, perhaps he figures there's no risk involved, assuming his few additions are legitimate).

Bran and Meera arrive at Winterfell. Sansa is super excited. Bran doesn't want to rule, too busy with his visions. Sansa is sad. Meera goes back to Greywater. Bran knows about Ramsay.

This is still, by far, the most out-of-nowhere characterization element the writers are bringing in this season.  There's not even one scene with Bran and Meera that suggests she's feeling disconnected from him.

Those spoilers sound good although it feels like they are stalling the conquering of Westeros. I am thrilled that Arya is back at Winterfell and that Jorah is cured and accompanying Sam and Gilly to join Daenerys and Jon. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Yara stays alive long enough to be rescued.

(edited)
6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Those spoilers sound good although it feels like they are stalling the conquering of Westeros. I am thrilled that Arya is back at Winterfell and that Jorah is cured and accompanying Sam and Gilly to join Daenerys and Jon. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Yara stays alive long enough to be rescued.

Sam and Gilly are on the way to Winterfell not to join Jon in dragonstone, and that is in episode 5 according to lads. 

Friki said that the wight hunt squad happens  in episode 5. Jon is not happy about the hound because he was one of Joffrey man who held Sansa prisoner/tortured.

About Arya, no one recognize her at Winterfell, so they call Sansa, and reunion happens. She then goes to see Ned and founds out about Bran. She's very happy, apparently the three Starks have a scene in the gods woods but Bran is cold and distant too, but he gives her the dagger, so she's very happy.

Conflic Arya/Sansa. There's another meting with the northern lords, apparently they are not very happy that Jon is taking too long in the south, Sansa says that he'll be back soon and that she's there. This upsets Arya and believe that Sansa is trying to usurp Jon + she's not happy with Littelfinger and doesn't like S/L conversations. Latter she will find the (stupid) letter.

Also that scene of Sansa almost crying in the trailer is after Bran tell her that he knows about what Ramsay did to her, he tell her about the wedding night. This is how Bran show her his powers, and that's why she looks so upset/sad/traumatized.

Friki also said that the crows scene happens in episode 5, and is Bran sending a warning to all westeros that the NK is coming. 

Jon/Dany scene in the stairs is about dragon glass and the dragons are flying around them. Jonaerys doesn't happen until episode 5 or I guess is in this episode when becomes apparent after Dany says "I got used to him" before Jon leaves.

Episode 5 is also the episode when Dany burns the Tarlys. 

Edited by Edith
8 minutes ago, Edith said:

Conflict Arya/Sansa. There's another meting with the northern lords, apparently they are not very happy that Jon is taking too long in the south, Sansa says that he'll be back soon and that she's there. This upsets Arya and believe that Sansa is trying to usurp Jon + she's not happy with Littelfinger and doesn't like S/L conversations.

...that's it?

Well, I guess we'll see about the nature of their conversations, but if the root of this is really Sansa saying she's in charge until Jon comes back (which, she is; he left her in charge), I guess it's Arya's turn to be whacked with the stupid stick.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, SeanC said:

...that's it?

Well, I guess we'll see about the nature of their conversations, but if the root of this is really Sansa saying she's in charge until Jon comes back (which, she is; he left her in charge), I guess it's Arya's turn to be whacked with the stupid stick.

Maybe it have to do with the way Sansa acts? Also according to lads2, there should be a letter from Jon asking Sansa to be at the dragon pit, she refusing and sending Brienne instead. Lads1 said Sansa sends Brienne because she doesn't believe that Jon is having the best interest for the north or something like that, so maybe this plus the other two is what piss Arya off. Or maybe there's more

I don't think friki is giving every little detail, just making a general summary of the episode.

Edited by Edith

I think Dany will ultimately sit on the Iron Throne, and she'll kill Jamie to avenge her family.  Jon doesn't want the Iron Throne, he just wants to rule the north.  Sansa is heading down a dangerous road to become the Cersei of the north, though.

(edited)

Right so Dany sets fire to Sam's family and 2 episodes later Jon, who sent Melisandre away because of what she did to Shireen and wouldn't even take the lands away from the kids of the people partially responsible for Rickons death, sleeps her?

And meanwhile Arya is pissed at Sansa for doing what Jon asked her to do (rule) and refusing to go South a decision which given the fact that all their lives pretty much got fracked up last time they went there should be easy to understand. Oh and then the letter which Littlefinger should not even have comes into play?

Good grief. 

Edited by quazimodo
  • Love 1

Jon asks Sansa to come to King's Landing? That can't be right. I hope that isn't the case. If it is, I think Sansa should feel free to ignore everything Jon says for the rest of their lives. 

I think part of the problem is that the plot has diverged so much that they now have to find a way to move everyone back on path. Unfortunately, these characters can only be as smart as the people writing for them. That's how we end up with "Everyone is an idiot, Littlefinger dies" as the Winterfell plot for the season. 

(edited)

I just read that the Lannisters have hidden soldiers at Casterly Rock who ambush the Unsullied. I hope this doesn't mean that Grey Worm dies. I understand that they don't want it to be too easy for Daenerys so they are giving her loses, but I don't want her to lose anyone major before the war with the Night King.

9 hours ago, quazimodo said:

Right so Dany sets fire to Sam's family and 2 episodes later Jon, who sent Melisandre away because of what she did to Shireen and wouldn't even take the lands away from the kids of the people partially responsible for Rickons death, sleeps her?

I don't see the inconsistency that you are suggesting. Daenerys kills Sam's brother and father because they are traitors, Jon has stated that the punishment for treachery is death. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

Sansa has learned a lot of what she knows by watching an interesting group of players operate.  One of the best operators around is none other than Littlefinger, he seems to worm his way out of every tricky situation.  Won't it be ironic if Sansa ends up taking him out via his own tactics?  IMO he would be wise not to take her back to the Aerie, although I suspect she may request he does just that.  IMO, just as he convinced Lysa he loved her and pushed her out the Moon Door, I suspect Littlefinger will wind up taking the very same exit precisely when he believes he has won Sansa's heart at last.  Cannot figure out if it will be Sansa or Robyn who actually dispatches him, but it will definitely be Sansa orchestrating the situation.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I don't see the inconsistency that you are suggesting. Daenerys kills Sam's brother and father because they are traitors, Jon has stated that the punishment for treachery is death

And they are traitors just because they refuse to bend the knee to her? She doesn't have the iron throne yet so they have no obligation to be loyal to her.  And okay even if She considers them traitors they are still Sam's family. I know his dad was a dick but that doesn't mean he will be fine with that and as his friend I don't think Jon should be either. 

Edited by quazimodo
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, quazimodo said:

And they are traitors just because they refuse to bend the knee to her? She doesn't have the iron throne yet so they have no obligation to be loyal to her.  And okay even if She considers them traitors they are still Sam's family. I know his dad was a dick but that doesn't mean he will be fine with that and as his friend I don't think Jon should be either. 

War related, they're soldiers. Easily hand waved. Shireen sacrificed an innocent little girl.

3 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

War related, they're soldiers. Easily hand waved. Shireen sacrificed an innocent little girl.

So was Robb which means Jon is probably fine with what happened there then as well.  Probably unpopular opinion but these spoilers are awful and I really hoped that they were a misdirect/ leaked on purpose because they require such leaps of logic in some areas and characters basically acting like idiots just to hit certain plot points.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, quazimodo said:

So was Robb which means Jon is probably fine with what happened there then as well.  Probably unpopular opinion but these spoilers are awful and I really hoped that they were a misdirect/ leaked on purpose because they require such leaps of logic in some areas and characters basically acting like idiots just to hit certain plot points.

Maybe if Cat and Robb's wife and unborn child weren't killed there as well. But yea I agree that the spoilers don't give me alot of hope  for this show.

Edited by Oscirus
7 minutes ago, quazimodo said:

So was Robb which means Jon is probably fine with what happened there then as well.  

Robb was deceived and betrayed by the Freys who were his allies. This is nothing like Daenerys killing the Tarlys for not bending a knee. These are different situations that you conflating to make them all the same somehow. I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out on the screen.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, quazimodo said:

So was Robb which means Jon is probably fine with what happened there then as well.  

Robb was killed in violation of guest right, not after being captured on the battlefield.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Robb was deceived and betrayed by the Freys who were his allies. This is nothing like Daenerys killing the Tarlys for not bending a knee. These are different situations that you conflating to make them all the same somehow. I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out on the screen.

I don't think that the situations are the same at all. I just have an issue with Jon seemingly being fine with killing people just because they refuse to bend the knee. Robb refused and the Lannisters used their "allies" to kill them. The Tarly's refuse here and even though at this point Danny has no real authority over them she kills them.  Maybe it will play out better when there is context but it just doesn't sit well with me.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, quazimodo said:

I don't think that the situations are the same at all. I just have an issue with Jon seemingly being fine with killing people just because they refuse to bend the knee. Robb refused and the Lannisters used their "allies" to kill them. The Tarly's refuse here and even though at this point Danny has no real authority over them she kills them.  Maybe it will play out better when there is context but it just doesn't sit well with me.

The Lannisters beheaded Ned without cause which is why Robb refused to bend his knee and the North rallied against them.    

• Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, anamika said:

Only to be replaced by Arya x Sansa and Jon x Dany nonsense :)

Something interesting from Freefolk's Frikidoctor spoilers for episode 3:

If this is true, they seem to be saying that Tyrion and Sansa are still married. Maybe relevant to the end game.

Spanish speaker here. Friki doesn't say that Jon and Tyrion have this conversation in the episode. It's just him reminding us the fact that  they were once brothers-in-law and he wonders if they can still be considered this since Sansa remarried.

Or maybe is his way of spoiling without giving away the fact that he or his source has seen the episode.

Edited by Edith
(edited)
5 hours ago, quazimodo said:

And they are traitors just because they refuse to bend the knee to her?

If the Tarlys betrayed their liege lords, the Tyrells, in order to side with their enemies the Lannisters, it makes them traitors. And since the Tyrells are Dany's allies, well.

28 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

Where is Gendry? 

My motto. "Back soon" is the answer that has me hyped for this season, but "Not dead when the credits rolls at the end of the series finale" is my preferred one.

20 hours ago, anamika said:

The mere fact that the issue is brought up might be significant; since it could have been buried after S5 and Sansa's marriage to Ramsay. I've always wondered if D&D were so keen on Sansa (YMMV; I mean erasing her ratting out Ned's plan to Cersei, for example) because she's always been super popular Tyrion's end game. He's one of the two characters (with Margaery) who brought the best out of her in my opinion, so I surely wouldn't mind if it were the case.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

If the Tarlys betrayed their liege lords, the Tyrells, in order to side with their enemies the Lannisters, it makes them traitors. And since the Tyrells are Dany's allies, well.

And the Tyrells are betraying the crown, so you can say the Tyrells are  the traitors by siding with a foreign Queen that brings foreign armies of rapists and slaves. Also the Tyrells are no more, Olenna is not a Tyrell.

There are two sides of every story.

• Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Edith said:

And the Tyrells are betraying the crown, so you can say the Tyrells are  the traitors by siding with a foreign Queen that brings foreign armies of rapists and slaves. Also the Tyrells are no more, Olenna is not a Tyrell.

Please check the context and the quote. I was answering to someone who asked if just refusing to bend the knee to Dany made them traitors,  so I gave other reasons why they would be. The Tarlys' motivations weren't the subject.

Edited by Happy Harpy
(edited)
7 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Sansa has learned a lot of what she knows by watching an interesting group of players operate.  One of the best operators around is none other than Littlefinger, he seems to worm his way out of every tricky situation.  Won't it be ironic if Sansa ends up taking him out via his own tactics?  IMO he would be wise not to take her back to the Aerie, although I suspect she may request he does just that.  IMO, just as he convinced Lysa he loved her and pushed her out the Moon Door, I suspect Littlefinger will wind up taking the very same exit precisely when he believes he has won Sansa's heart at last.  Cannot figure out if it will be Sansa or Robyn who actually dispatches him, but it will definitely be Sansa orchestrating the situation.

Didn't the spoilers say that Sansa orders it and Arya executes it?

I could be remembering wrong.

Edited by ParadoxLost
(edited)
10 hours ago, SeanC said:

As predicted. Anyone near Sansa gets hit with the stupid stick to showcase Sansa's super intelligence and playa skills. Bran probably escapes the stupid stick because the only story he has now is having visions.

7 hours ago, Edith said:

Spanish speaker here. Friki doesn't say that Jon and Tyrion have this conversation in the episode. It's just him reminding us the fact that  they were once brothers-in-law and he wonders if they can still be considered this since Sansa remarried.

Or maybe is his way of spoiling without giving away the fact that he or his source has seen the episode.

Ah. I need to stop thinking that all the translations are right :)

2 hours ago, Edith said:

As you said, there are two sides to every story. It would be justified for Dany to go kick Sansa out of Winterfell because Ned was a traitor who rebelled against Aerys. Dany should hand over Winterfell to her loyal allies instead. Sansa should agree that this is the right thing to do, since she is all about punishing the kids of the traitors. 

7 hours ago, quazimodo said:

I just have an issue with Jon seemingly being fine with killing people just because they refuse to bend the knee.

Jon himself, as he reminded everyone this episode, has killed people refusing to follow orders - see Janos Slynt. Tarlys were Tyrell allies whose treachery leads to Olenna being killed and Dany losing a valuable asset like Highgarden. Later, they refuse to bend the knee. Dany kills them. Not seeing why Jon should have a problem with this just because he was against Mel burning a fricking child to stop some snow?! Like what sort of comparison is this?

I know people don't like Dany, but please. Dany is burning adult, enemy traitors to death. It's a painful death, for sure. Her dragons are in some ways problematic.  But nothing like what Mel did to Shireen.

A better comparison would be with regard to Mance and Stannis. Jon tries to convince Mance to bend the knee and when he does not, he was like - oh well, you are going to die painfully. And Jon still supported Stannis and gave him advice, after Stannis burned Mance to death.

Also in the books, Jon takes children as hostages to keep the Wildlings in check and threatens to take off their heads if the wildlings misbehave. Show!Jon gets whitewashed, but he is not as goody two shoes in the books.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 4

Reddit poster who said he/she saw the first episodes and detailed the scenes (like Nu!Wun-Wun and Arya being in the opener) is back with details for episode 2.

The really interesting new stuff is Mel hitting that Dany is the Prince who was Promised and  Varys telling Dany he won't bend the knee for her and explaining the kind of king he wants for the Irom Throne - surprise, Jon fits like a glove.

Oh, and Theon chickens out and doesn't try to save Yara from Euron.

17 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

Oh, and Theon chickens out and doesn't try to save Yara from Euron.

That was in the Lads leaks, more or less.

The show playing Varys' "for the realm" motivations as straightly heroic is one of those changes that I can't help but roll my eyes at, given that the book character exists to show how dangerous that is when the believer is a zealot.  Not to mention, of course, that Varys apparently considered Robert such a terrible king that he was trying to orchestrate a Dothraki invasion to put Viserys on the throne.

• Love 1
Just now, SeanC said:

That was in the Lads leaks, more or less.

The show playing Varys' "for the realm" motivations as straightly heroic is one of those changes that I can't help but roll my eyes at, given that the book character exists to show how dangerous that is when the believer is a zealot.  Not to mention, of course, that Varys apparently considered Robert such a terrible king that he was trying to orchestrate a Dothraki invasion to put Viserys on the throne.

I didn't remember the Theon part.

But show Varys has always been portrayed exactly as wanting the better ruler for Westeros, so there some sort of continuity there, even though I whole hearted agree with you on the stupidity of wanting Viserys with any amount of power.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Raachel2008 said:

The really interesting new stuff is Mel hitting that Dany is the Prince who was Promised and  Varys telling Dany he won't bend the knee for her and explaining the kind of king he wants for the Irom Throne - surprise, Jon fits like a glove.

I don't understand this new development with Varys. He was the one driving Tyrion to go to Daenerys and serve her. If he unwilling to bend the knee for her, why did he get the ships for her and how does he expect to be in her confidence or one of her advisors?  He should be packing his bags and hitting the road. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I don't understand this new development Varys. He was the one driving Tyrion to go to Daenerys and serve her. If he unwilling to bend the knee for her, why did he get the ships for her and how does he expect to be in her confidence or one of her advisors?  He should be packing his bags and hitting the road. 

Yea I don't get that either. Maybe he's playing mind games with her.  Varys  has been known to do that from time to time.

The description of the 7x04 Arya/Brienne fight sounds great. 

Olenna tells Dany to be a dragon and that she's survived so long by not listening to clever men like Tyrion (which Dany does, in 7x02, but she's also going to feel free to make up her own mind when she disagrees with him about the response to the Highgarden attack). Together with the Varys dialogue mentioned above, I feel that this again makes it sound like the show wants to present Jon as a born ruler and Dany as a born conqueror. I hope we'll get a previously unmentioned Jon/Varys scene at some point, though maybe that will have to wait until season 8; I'd love to see his mind blown when he finds out Jon is the legitimate Targ heir (apparently this leaker also confirmed that the Elia annulment is real).

I'm glad the show is addressing the reasons why people still follow Cersei by bringing back Randyll in 7x02 and having him point out what Sansa also did, that her enemies tend to end up dead. Dany being the ruler of a Dothraki horde is actually going to be a problem, just like book readers speculated, and Cersei offers lands and titles to her followers, so the Tarlys have a good enough reason to betray the Tyrells.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ElizaD said:

I feel that this again makes it sound like the show wants to present Jon as a born ruler and Dany as a born conqueror.

In  the own show's words , neither of them would make a good king/queen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doY0IjisBlk

replace Orys I with Jon and Robert with Dany, as a bonus insert the third failed contender Stannis in place of Baelor