Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Damn, I can't wait. The season looks fantastic. Everyone looks good. The Dothraki look particularly fierce. I cannot wait for Jon and Daenerys to meet and the Lannister sibling reunion.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

The Jon and Dany one is so cringeworthy

What makes me cringe is that he has all the brains of a Ned Stark that's suffered a blow to the head.   Dany is clearly going to roll him in more ways than one.  She'll help him with the Otherpocalypse IF he bends the knee. lol.  Stormlands, Dorne, The Reach and The North are now under her control, or will be when Jon is finished bending the knee.  I think it's a good thing we are going to be departing with realism of the politics because if not, we would totally see Dany and HER council designing marriages for Sansa and possible Arya.

• Love 2
(edited)

I just read the script pages. I don't see what is so cringeworthy about them or unexpected, especially Jon and Daenerys. Of course, Jon was going to bend a knee to Daenerys. All the speculation that Jon and Daenerys would be in conflict was always rubbish. What choice does he have? All the lands of the Seven Kingdoms are going to be Daenerys' one way or the other. Submitting to Daenerys' rule is only way that Jon can gain a powerful ally to fight the Night King and his army, gain the power to protect his family, and ensure that he eventually sits on the Iron Throne (not his intent, but clearly the direction that the story has always been going). 

If the scripts are genuine, the most interesting dialogue is Daenerys telling Jon that the dragons are the only children that she will have. This means that she will need an heir when she sits on the Iron Throne and Jon will be the only serious possibility once she finds out that they are related. 

Oh, I am sooo looking forward to Littlefinger's death. Too bad it doesn't seem like he suffers as much as he should.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

I don't think this was my favorite trailer compared to previous seasons, but still pretty awesome nonetheless. Looks like we're getting a ton of action this year and I can't wait for the Stark children to reunite.

14 hours ago, WearyTraveler said:

I think Emilia Clarke has just spoiled Ice Dragon and Night's King riding it for everybody.

I'm surprised HBO would release a promo like this. I thought for sure the Night King riding a dragon would be something they'd want to be a surprise for the unspoiled audience. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, nikma said:

I'm really glad that they changed that stupid plot point from the books that Joffrey was behind Bran's assassination attempt. 

They didn't. It's just not mentioned. It's a mystery without a resolution in the show.

(edited)
2 hours ago, nikma said:

Since Lads2 is conformed he said that LF is behind Bran's assassination attempt. -

Indeed. Other stuff Lads2 has said (other than the Yara/Ellaria and LF/Jon spoilers from the trailer) that Lads1 didn't cover:

1. Ed Sheeran sings the "hands of gold" song from ACOK in a scene where Arya runs into some Lannisters soldiers and has a meal with them. Not quite sure why what was a blackmail-song-slash-Tyrion-Lannister-diss-track is being used, unless D&D just wanted to use another ASOIAF song and "The Dornishman's Wife" didn't fit. I've enjoyed the previous arrangements of ASOIAF songs used in GOT, so hopefully they'll give it a nice tune.

2. Arya meets up with Hot Pie. He gives her cooking tips and tells her she's pretty. He also informs her that Jon is in charge at Winterfell and that Cersei is in charge in KL after blowing up the Sept, which is what changes Arya's mind to head north instead of south.

3. LF and Sansa have a few scenes where they're watching goings-on in the Winterfell courtyard. One includes watching Tormund talk with Brienne, another includes watching Arya and Brienne spar (that occurs later in the season).

4. The BWB come across the farm the Hound and Arya did several seasons ago, although the farmer and daughter have died as the Hound predicted. The Hound buries the bodies.

5. Cersei successfully negotiates with the Iron Bank for a further loan of 20,000 Golden Company soldiers, which Euron is apparently en route to pick up at the end of the season (even though he claims at the dragonpit that he's heading back to Pyke).

6. The Unsullied attack Casterly Rock and take it quite easily, but it turns out to be a pyrrhic victory since they're cut off by sea and by land. They wind up later abandoning it. This happens before the ambush.

7. Jon shows Dany cave paintings at Dragonstone. One depicts the COTF and the First Men fighting against the WW. Another shows the WW and the NK.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

4. The BWB come across the farm the Hound and Arya did several seasons ago, although the farmer and daughter have died as the Hound predicted. The Hound buries the bodies.

5. Cersei successfully negotiates with the Iron Bank for a further loan of 20,000 Golden Company soldiers, which Euron is apparently en route to pick up at the end of the season (even though he claims at the dragonpit that he's heading back to Pyke).

7. Jon shows Dany cave paintings at Dragonstone. One depicts the COTF and the First Men fighting against the WW. Another shows the WW and the NK.

I really like this. 

The Golden Company? I already have a lot of questions about them in the books. 

The cave paintings at Dragonstone sound interesting. That's like the last place I'd expect anyone to find any kind of information about the WW.

I've also been wondering about the LF voice over about the whole "your father is gone your brothers are gone..." is him talking to Jon. The trailer makes it look like he's talking to Sansa, but I think he's talking to Jon. 

The 13 seconds clip of the NK that was released the day before last has Jon reflected in his eye.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Indeed. Other stuff Lads2 has said (other than the Yara/Ellaria and LF/Jon spoilers from the trailer) that Lads1 didn't cover:

1. Ed Sheeran sings the "hands of gold" song from ACOK in a scene where Arya runs into some Lannisters soldiers and has a meal with them. Not quite sure why what was a blackmail-song-slash-Tyrion-Lannister-diss-track is being used, unless D&D just wanted to use another ASOIAF song and "The Dornishman's Wife" didn't fit. I've enjoyed the previous arrangements of ASOIAF songs used in GOT, so hopefully they'll give it a nice tune.

2. Arya meets up with Hot Pie. He gives her cooking tips and tells her she's pretty. He also informs her that Jon is in charge at Winterfell and that Cersei is in charge in KL after blowing up the Sept, which is what changes Arya's mind to head north instead of south.

3. LF and Sansa have a few scenes where they're watching goings-on in the Winterfell courtyard. One includes watching Tormund talk with Brienne, another includes watching Arya and Brienne spar (that occurs later in the season).

6. The Unsullied attack Casterly Rock and take it quite easily, but it turns out to be a pyrrhic victory since they're cut off by sea and by land. They wind up later abandoning it. This happens before the ambush.

8. Tormund will reappear in the very last scene of Ep 7 - he’s manning the Wall when the army of the dead attack and Viserion burns it. We don’t see him die or anything, just running for safety once the dragon attacks.

9. Team Dany is actually going to White Harbor, while the Unsullied are going directly to Eastwach. The Dothraki are taking the Kingsroad. 

12 hours ago, glowbug said:

I'm surprised HBO would release a promo like this. I thought for sure the Night King riding a dragon would be something they'd want to be a surprise for the unspoiled audience. 

They didn't.  That is a fan made poster.  It's been around a while.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, domina89 said:

Wow! HBO should have made them remove the logo, then.  And Emilia shouldn't have posted it.  Maybe she did because she thought it was authorised since she knows that Ice Dragon is happening. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The Golden Company? I already have a lot of questions about them in the books. 

The cave paintings at Dragonstone sound interesting. That's like the last place I'd expect anyone to find any kind of information about the WW.

I've also been wondering about the LF voice over about the whole "your father is gone your brothers are gone..." is him talking to Jon. The trailer makes it look like he's talking to Sansa, but I think he's talking to Jon. 

I think it's LF talking to Jon. In the LF/Jon scene in the crypts, supposedly LF tries to butter him up and Jon isn't having any of it.

21 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Entertainment Weekly photoshoot with the Stark kids/cousins.  Good for you Isaac, you managed your own individual cover (even if that was probably because once they'd given solo covers to the other three it would have been rude not to give you one too).

Arya is definitely sporting LF's Valyrian steel dagger in those pictures, so I'd say that bit from Lads1 is confirmed. Lads2 said that LF gives it to Bran (???), who gives it to Arya.

Yet another ugly dress for Sansa. Everyone else looks great, though.

6 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

It's not as nice as her Season 6 dress, but I like it okay.  Better news is that her wig looks way better in these photos than in other BTS pictures.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, SeanC said:

It's not as nice as her Season 6 dress, but I like it okay.  Better news is that her wig looks way better in these photos than in other BTS pictures.

The wig looks much more natural in these photos, I agree.

The dress is just awful, though. What is it with Clapton's obsession with using ugly prints and patterned fabric for Sansa's dresses? Clapton's been doing this shit since Season 3. The Season 6 dress looked elegant because it didn't have some sort of hideous pattern on it, only using unpatterned blue velvet with a bit of embroidery. It seems like Clapton was going for some sort of mockingbird Season 5 dress redux (the large metal ring accessory, the look of the top part of the dress) probably to hint at Sansa's ongoing complicity with LF or something, but yeah, it's terrible. 

Arya on the other hand looks fantastic.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, domina89 said:

That makes more sense. I assumed it was authentic since Emelia posted it on her Facebook.

1 hour ago, glowbug said:

That makes more sense. I assumed it was authentic since Emelia posted it on her Facebook.

Well she may actually think it is real.  It is very well done!

6 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Arya is definitely sporting LF's Valyrian steel dagger in those pictures, so I'd say that bit from Lads1 is confirmed. Lads2 said that LF gives it to Bran (???), who gives it to Arya.

I see nothing wrong with the dress, looks fine, her hair looks decent also.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Eyes High said:

It seems like Clapton was going for some sort of mockingbird Season 5 dress redux (the large metal ring accessory, the look of the top part of the dress) probably to hint at Sansa's ongoing complicity with LF or something, but yeah, it's terrible. 

Well if she's using Sansa's wardrobe for a symbolism relating to the  mockingbird while many may think these words : collusion, involvement, collaboration, connivance, conspiracy, being in cahoots, I'm more inclined to think these words : mockingbird defend their nests and territory, diving at and attacking predators and those who come to harm their family.

Everything we see of Sansa after book one points to who she is; a Stark, people who hurt her family should watch out; team her and Arya and people like LF and Cersei will as Cersei says begging for the Strangers song, just ask Ramsey in show (don't know in book ).

Could also mean as she tries and do good things it only backfires against her, but I'm an optimist  as her innocence isn't totally gone.

And I think still she be the North's version of QOT.

I thought that poster was real by EC.

• Love 2
(edited)
50 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Well if she's using Sansa's wardrobe for a symbolism relating to the  mockingbird while many may think these words : collusion, involvement, collaboration, connivance, conspiracy, being in cahoots, I'm more inclined to think these words : mockingbird defend their nests and territory, diving at and attacking predators and those who come to harm their family.

From what we know, the tension in Season 7's Winterfell arc revolves around whether Sansa will be able to choose her family over Littlefinger and get rid of him once and for all, or whether she'll ultimately side with Littlefinger against her family. Kitting her out in a dress that resembles the one she wore when she consciously teamed up with Littlefinger the first time around (the mockingbird dress) and which also seems to have the Bolton flayed man "X" sigils in the print, and which also lacks prominent Stark sigil imagery like her Season 6 dress (which had embroidery showing a direwolf), I'm guessing, is intended to heighten that tension and play up that ambiguity. Has she been permanently corrupted by Littlefinger, or not? I think the costuming is intended to make us wonder.

...The dress is still hideous, though.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

I very much doubt most people watching the show will notice Sansa's dress. Just saying.

True, but most people here aren't just show only and we know MC is specific when dressing Sansa.

So this season is she a mockingbird playing a Bolton song, or a Stark?

I like to know why they removed the center piece in her necklace and why silver?

31 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

I very much doubt most people watching the show will notice Sansa's dress. Just saying.

Clapton always has a plot and/or character reason for dressing the characters as she does. It may not necessarily be a great reason, or result in beautiful costumes (Clapton's Season 3 costumes for Sansa are among some of the ugliest of the show), but there's always a reason. If she's putting Sansa in a dress that's reminiscent of the mockingbird dress, with possible Bolton patterns in the fabric, and a metal ring necklace reminiscent of the necklace she wore with the mockingbird dress, there's a reason.

12 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

True, but most people here aren't just show only and we know MC is specific when dressing Sansa.

So this season is she a mockingbird playing a Bolton song, or a Stark?

I like to know why they removed the center piece in her necklace and why silver?

If I had to guess...the previous accessory was worn over a dress with a v-neck, so it would stand out against her skin. The current metal ring accessory is worn over a dress that covers the chest completely. Black on black wouldn't work--and would probably not look great on camera--but silver on black would work fine.

No idea about why the centre piece was removed. I'm sure Clapton has some capital-e Explanation for doing it that way, though.

I wasn't a big fan of Arya's new look when we first saw it, but it looks better here. I still need to see the cape in motion, though. Love Jon's direwolves. 

Now that there's a trailer and the leaks have been confirmed, I thought I'd make a list of seven things that have me hyped for season 7.

1. Boatsex. Readers have been debating Jon/Dany for twenty years and now the inevitable is finally going to be canon. ASOIAF has been seriously lacking in romances that would 1. take place in real time (so Ned/Cat thinking of each other is out) and 2. not be abusive or founded on big age/power differences (so practically everything else is out). That's why I don't think Jon/Dany falling in love rather than hating each other or making a cold political match has to be a horrifyingly unrealistic surrender to cliches: rather, it's a part of the human experience that GRRM has been neglecting. Even during war people do get lucky enough to find a partner they can love and respect. Misery and miserable marriages aren't the only forms of realism and happiness isn't a betrayal of GRRM's readers.

2. Wight Viserion. The show is better than the books at making the White Walkers feel like a genuine threat and a big part of the story: Hardhome and Hodor are up there with the best book adaptation moments, IMO. This is a twist that makes the Night's King even more threatening, removes some of Dany's overpoweredness, and makes sense but also comes as a genuine shock because book fandom has had theory after theory about the three heads of the dragon.

3. Rhaegar/Lyanna get married. Another huge moment for fandom theories and endgame speculation. I really can't wait to see how the unspoiled react to the first hints we get from Gilly and I hope they cast a Rhaegar who's either a big star cameo or someone so ridiculously gorgeous that we'll be spared the complaints he didn't live up to the book version. And I'm not going to blame D&D for Jon's legitimacy and talk about how GRRM wouldn't do that when there are plenty of annulment shenanigans in the English history that ASOIAF was inspired by: Rhaegar going Henry VIII and deciding he can annul a marriage that resulted in legitimate children is something I'm fine with since all his actions suggest he gets fixated on a big idea and ignores political realities in pursuit of prophecy.

4. The wight hunt. When we first got the news I only wondered about whether the leak was true and how they could make the reasoning behind this adventure seem logical. But now that I've gotten used to the idea, I've started looking forward to it. I expected nothing when Hardhome was announced but it turned out to be amazing. I hope this is the Hardhome/BOTB action episode of the season.

5. Littlefinger goes down. The plotting sounds very dodgy and will apparently repeat season 6 in presenting Sansa as a player when she's not actually demonstrating any smarts but simply relying on outside influence (Littlefinger/Bran ex machina), but I really hope that Sophie and Maisie's friendship will help them nail the emotional beats and make those leaked script pages memorable onscreen.

6. Olenna's death. I hope she gets an amazing goodbye and roasts Jaime so thoroughly that I'll be able to imagine it left him shaken and contributed to his decision to finally abandon Cersei.

7. The dragonpit. Just for the thrill of seeing almost every surviving character in one place. What a way to make it clear that we've reached the endgame.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, ElizaD said:

1. Boatsex. Readers have been debating Jon/Dany for twenty years and now the inevitable is finally going to be canon. ASOIAF has been seriously lacking in romances that would 1. take place in real time (so Ned/Cat thinking of each other is out) and 2. not be abusive or founded on big age/power differences (so practically everything else is out). That's why I don't think Jon/Dany falling in love rather than hating each other or making a cold political match has to be a horrifyingly unrealistic surrender to cliches: rather, it's a part of the human experience that GRRM has been neglecting. Even during war people do get lucky enough to find a partner they can love and respect. Misery and miserable marriages aren't the only forms of realism and happiness isn't a betrayal of GRRM's readers.

Thank you!  I, also, am not opposed to the Jon/Dany romance as so many seem to be.  I'm not sure if it is the incest implications or, as you mention, the surrender to cliches, but the hate is real out there.  If the love scene turns out to be cringe worthy, it will be disappointing, but at least (according to the leaks) it won't be rape.  I'm just grateful for that.  I can't see it ending well for Jon/Dany, but honestly I don't see the harm in them falling in love or seeking comfort in each other before they possibly die horribly.  I'm willing to wait and see how it goes and reserve my judgment.  Kit and Emilia are good friends IRL and I think their personal chemistry will make it believable.

(edited)

In addition to the above, I am looking forward to

- Interactions between all the different characters: Lannister sibling reunions. Jon with Theon, Tyrion, Jorah, Gendry, Hound, Jaime, Cersei, LF, Varys etc. lol! The minute Jon steps out of his 6 season Wall plot, he gets to meet every other character next season - He and Dany make up for their isolated plots by interacting with basically everyone in seven episodes.

- Battles down south - I don't think we have had one since Blackwater. With the bigger budget, bigger dragons and the Dothraki, I think we will get some awesome cinematography and fight scenes

I continue to remain disappointed in the shows treatment of the direwolves. They are as important to the Starks as Dany's dragons are to her and yet they are either killed off, send off or just plain missing. At least we get a glimpse of Nymeria. Hope she is huge.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, GrailKing said:

I wasn't talking about people here, but about the regular viewer out there.

12 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Clapton always has a plot and/or character reason for dressing the characters as she does. It may not necessarily be a great reason, or result in beautiful costumes (Clapton's Season 3 costumes for Sansa are among some of the ugliest of the show), but there's always a reason. If she's putting Sansa in a dress that's reminiscent of the mockingbird dress, with possible Bolton patterns in the fabric, and a metal ring necklace reminiscent of the necklace she wore with the mockingbird

But I didn't say there isn't a reason, just that most people won't notice. And they won't, unless it is explained to them somehow, maybe a comment about how the only dresses Sansa has are those Ramsey made for her, or Arya asking why she is dressed in the Bolton's siege.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, ElizaD said:

I agree. There are far too few romances in ASOIAF without serious age differences or major power imbalances. Jon/Dany will be a breath of fresh air.

This is a twist that makes the Night's King even more threatening, removes some of Dany's overpoweredness, and makes sense but also comes as a genuine shock because book fandom has had theory after theory about the three heads of the dragon.

Yes, yes, yes. Unspoiled fans are going to lose their minds when one of the dragons is coopted by the NK.

Season 7 also has Drogon being wounded by an anti-dragon weapon, so again the stakes are raised by showing that the dragons are not invincible juggernauts.

4. The wight hunt. When we first got the news I only wondered about whether the leak was true and how they could make the reasoning behind this adventure seem logical. But now that I've gotten used to the idea, I've started looking forward to it. I expected nothing when Hardhome was announced but it turned out to be amazing. I hope this is the Hardhome/BOTB action episode of the season.

Hardhome was awesome. Gimme all the crazy action set pieces. Let's see if Alan Taylor can measure up to the standard Sapochnik has set.

5. Littlefinger goes down. The plotting sounds very dodgy and will apparently repeat season 6 in presenting Sansa as a player when she's not actually demonstrating any smarts but simply relying on outside influence (Littlefinger/Bran ex machina), but I really hope that Sophie and Maisie's friendship will help them nail the emotional beats and make those leaked script pages memorable onscreen.

While it's not great that Sansa needed a Bran ex machina (hee) to put together the pieces about Littlefinger's evildoing, I like the idea of the Starklings teaming up to take Littlefinger out: Bran gives Sansa the information, Sansa sentences him, and Arya carries out the sentence. It feels right, given how much misery Littlefinger has caused the Stark family.

6. Olenna's death. I hope she gets an amazing goodbye and roasts Jaime so thoroughly that I'll be able to imagine it left him shaken and contributed to his decision to finally abandon Cersei.

According to either Lads1 or Lads2, Olenna informs Jaime before dying that she was the one who murdered Joffrey, and I doubt she'll be the least bit repentant about it.

2 hours ago, anamika said:

- Battles down south - I don't think we have had one since Blackwater. With the bigger budget, bigger dragons and the Dothraki, I think we will get some awesome cinematography and fight scenes

I thought Dothraki vs. Lannister/Tarly soldiers would be kind of boring compared to the BOTB, but those brief shots in the trailer of the Dothraki standing in their saddles and jumping from horse to horse turned me around real quick. It's going to be great.

According to EW.com, it's now confirmed-confirmed that Season 8 will have six episodes.

President of the Andalucia Film Commission Carlos Rosado hinted that GOT may be filming again in Spain in Season 8.

The GOT stars apparently have a lot more screentime in Season 7, despite there being fewer episodes. Peter Dinklage said he worked more days for Season 7 than he has in quite some time. Emilia Clarke said she was surprised by all the dialogue she had.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, anamika said:

Interactions between all the different characters: Lannister sibling reunions. Jon with Theon, Tyrion, Jorah, Gendry, Hound, Jaime, Cersei, LF, Varys etc. lol! The minute Jon steps out of his 6 season Wall plot, he gets to meet every other character next season - He and Dany make up for their isolated plots by interacting with basically everyone in seven episodes.

I'm looking forward to the awkwardness of all of this. Gendry and Mel had sex and Beric sold Gendry to Mel and Brienne almost killed the Hound, Jorah/Jon, even Jon/Jaime after their one scene back in season 1. Snarks and grumpkins, huh? Yup! 

I think I'm especially looking forward to Jon and Tyrion. I really loved the relationship in the AGoT and I enjoyed the interaction in the show very much.

8 hours ago, ElizaD said:

3. Rhaegar/Lyanna get married. Another huge moment for fandom theories and endgame speculation. I really can't wait to see how the unspoiled react to the first hints we get from Gilly and I hope they cast a Rhaegar who's either a big star cameo or someone so ridiculously gorgeous that we'll be spared the complaints he didn't live up to the book version. And I'm not going to blame D&D for Jon's legitimacy and talk about how GRRM wouldn't do that when there are plenty of annulment shenanigans in the English history that ASOIAF was inspired by: Rhaegar going Henry VIII and deciding he can annul a marriage that resulted in legitimate children is something I'm fine with since all his actions suggest he gets fixated on a big idea and ignores political realities in pursuit of prophecy.

I think there's a rather big hint in one of the Ned POV chapters that Jon may very well be legitimate. But as always, words are open to interpretation, so we'll see if and when the next book comes out. I wonder how much fleshing out of Rhaegar's character they'll do on the show and if they'll explain anything. 

Edited by YaddaYadda

Since the beginning of the show, I have been dying for Jon and Daenerys to finally meet and it is about to happen. I expect the chemistry to leap off the screen. I hope that they fall desperately in love and have a steamy affair. I don't care about the people who hate them as a romantic couple. Martin and the show cannot please everyone, but if Jon and Daenerys do have a romance, they will please me.

• Love 3

The pages Lads2 posted of Littlefinger's final scene and the post-execution conversation between the sisters look fine on the page, at least.  There's some decent dialogue (throwing the "no justice unless we make it" quote back in his face is appropriate).

3 hours ago, domina89 said:

I'm not sure if it is the incest implications or, as you mention, the surrender to cliches, but the hate is real out there.  

The most visceral reactions thus far have mostly been from anti-Dany Jon fans who think this ruins their hero (the whole "bowing before Dany" thing also ruffles the feathers of a portion of the fandom with a North uber alles philosophy, though that group tends to be drawn to Jon as a mascot because of his perceived immunity from the influences of anything south of the Neck).

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Clapton always has a plot and/or character reason for dressing the characters as she does. It may not necessarily be a great reason, or result in beautiful costumes (Clapton's Season 3 costumes for Sansa are among some of the ugliest of the show), but there's always a reason. If she's putting Sansa in a dress that's reminiscent of the mockingbird dress, with possible Bolton patterns in the fabric, and a metal ring necklace reminiscent of the necklace she wore with the mockingbird dress, there's a reason.

If I had to guess...the previous accessory was worn over a dress with a v-neck, so it would stand out against her skin. The current metal ring accessory is worn over a dress that covers the chest completely. Black on black wouldn't work--and would probably not look great on camera--but silver on black would work fine.

No idea about why the centre piece was removed. I'm sure Clapton has some capital-e Explanation for doing it that way, though.

So doing what I normally do went looking for symbolism of the circle this cuaght my eye : http://www.sunsigns.org/circle-symbol-meaning/

The shape of the circle has been used as a symbol since the beginning of time. Ancient cultures all over the world used the circle to represent the same thing. The circle can represent the power of the female, a symbol for a goddess, and the sun. It can represent infinity, being complete, and being whole. Religions that focus on the earth at their center and many pagan religions see the circle as a symbol of the female. The circle can symbolize Mother Earth. It represents the spirit of feminine energy and a space that is sacred.

The circle will symbolize being closed in and boundaries. It represents cycles. The most well known example of the circle as a symbol is probably the wedding ring. Ancient cultures connected the ring finger with the heart. The wedding ring on the ring finger represents fidelity in the heart. The heart would be closed off in the circle. The ring will represent infinite love between the couple, love that does not end.

The circle will represent being inclusive, whole, and united. It symbolizes focus and cycles. The circle nurtures and begins things and is perfect. It can represent the womb. It symbolizes being complete. It is a symbol of revolution, of being centered and mobile. It is a symbol of forever.

5. Littlefinger goes down. The plotting sounds very dodgy and will apparently repeat season 6 in presenting Sansa as a player when she's not actually demonstrating any smarts but simply relying on outside influence (Littlefinger/Bran ex machina),

I think she using smarts, she's keeping low, keeping secrets close to her chest ( she should have told Jon, but the outcome would have been the same ) and keeping LF just out of reach until the proper time comes.

The ex machina is going to happen no matter what.  Sansa is missing info that's a fact, she wasn't in the throne room, that's a fact, so she gets the info from either people talking about KL, the Hound or Bran's all seeing abilities, unless Sansa seduces his ass and he blurts, or Arya gets it out of him and Sansa is listening . 

In show she should her Starkness to me when she sentenced Ramsey to death she obviously know her dad's words since she followed them:  

If you would take a man’s life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die.

I wonder what she and Arya will come up with for LF.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, SeanC said:

The most visceral reactions thus far have mostly been from anti-Dany Jon fans who think this ruins their hero (the whole "bowing before Dany" thing also ruffles the feathers of a portion of the fandom with a North uber alles philosophy, though that group tends to be drawn to Jon as a mascot because of his perceived immunity from the influences of anything south of the Neck).

Something must be wrong with me, Jon's my second favorite but Dany, I'm just so neutral  over I don't hate her but she's not top or bottom of my care list.

Must be the Dragon thing.

14 hours ago, Eyes High said:

This show have the most ugliest costumes ever. I've never liked anything that the characters have worn in my brief viewership. And the colors are so dark and depressing and ugly. 

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

This show have the most ugliest costumes ever. I've never liked anything that the characters have worn in my brief viewership. And the colors are so dark and depressing and ugly. 

Well dark and depressing (esp. during winter ) does fit the North, the South are very much over stated.

I really don't see them as ugly and the North seems more practical  though a bit of color would look nice, like Sansa's blue roses on her outfit last season.

Now this year the only outfit to me that looks bad is the Mountain's helmet, he looks like a childs toy with an over sized body and a small head.

Edited by GrailKing
(edited)
1 hour ago, SeanC said:

The Dany hate is real and it's from all directions.  I have seen a lot of Dany hate from some Jon/Sansa shippers who desperately want to see Dany lose, go mad,  die in childbirth and give the child to Jon and Sansa to raise, die because she can't have children etc. I mean, Sansa is the rightful QUEEN IN THE NORTH!! How dare bastard usurper Jon hand over the North to Mary Sue Dany? On Tumblr the most Dany hate is from QITN Sansa fans which is funny because Tumblr is supposedly this progressive SJW bastion and yet I have seen some of the most classist, misogynistic nonsense to hate on Jon/Dany.

Some Show!Jon fans hate her because how can noble, pure Jon kneel before her and pledge his allegiance to evil, power hungry Dany. Him kneeling before her makes him less of a man, is a betrayal of the North, just totally destroys the character and is being used to prop up Dany.

Then there's the general hate because she's a powerful, female character with armies and dragons and is on an upward trajectory and this makes her a 'Mary Sue' and her getting with nephew Jon is cliche and Disney-isque and does not subvert any tropes - which is apparently what GRRM does.

Anyways I like Dany and I like Jon and I am looking forward to seeing both these characters interact and see their relationship evolve. I hope it's done well and that neither character is used to prop up the other and they get equal development. It all depends on how D and D write them and hopefully they write it better than last year's terrible North plot.

I am talking show only. For the books, there's this whole prince that was promised, Azhar Ahai competition that makes Jon and Dany fans go at each other.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think there's a rather big hint in one of the Ned POV chapters that Jon may very well be legitimate. 

Which hint is that?

31 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

I think she using smarts, she's keeping low, keeping secrets close to her chest ( she should have told Jon, but the outcome would have been the same ) and keeping LF just out of reach until the proper time comes.

The ex machina is going to happen no matter what.  Sansa is missing info that's a fact, she wasn't in the throne room, that's a fact, so she gets the info from either people talking about KL, the Hound or Bran's all seeing abilities, unless Sansa seduces his ass and he blurts, or Arya gets it out of him and Sansa is listening . 

The Hound is nowhere near Winterfell in Season 7, as far as we know; he buries the farmer and his daughter on the way north, and he later pops up in 7x06 when Tormund reveals that he had tossed Beric and company in the dungeon at Eastwatch. Lads1 suggested that the Hound is afraid of a rematch with Brienne and that's why he steers clear of Winterfell, but it's not clear. The Hound and Brienne have a nice moment at the dragonpit where the Hound asks her about Arya.

Back to Sansa and LF: According to Lads2, Sansa gets the information about Littlefinger's dirty deeds off screen through a private meeting with Bran (courtesy I guess of Bran's newfound omniscience), and later recites them when she's sentencing him in front of everyone else. We don't know how many crimes she'll list, but Lads2 names two: LF betraying Ned, and the assassination attempt on Bran's life from Season 1 (which will apparently be LF's fault in the show universe, even though it was Joffrey's doing in the books).

Arya arrives at Winterfell in 7x04. Apparently, she already has the Valyrian steel dagger in the sparring scene with Brienne, which happens in 7x05 or 7x06.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Which hint is that?

The Hound is nowhere near Winterfell in Season 7, as far as we know; he buries the farmer and his daughter on the way north, and he later pops up in 7x06 when Tormund reveals that he had tossed Beric and company in the dungeon at Eastwatch. Lads1 suggested that the Hound is afraid of a rematch with Brienne and that's why he steers clear of Winterfell, but it's not clear. The Hound and Brienne have a nice moment at the dragonpit where the Hound asks her about Arya.

Back to Sansa and LF: According to Lads2, Sansa gets the information about Littlefinger's dirty deeds off screen through a private meeting with Bran (courtesy I guess of Bran's newfound omniscience), and later recites them when she's sentencing him in front of everyone else. We don't know how many crimes she'll list, but Lads2 names two: LF betraying Ned, and the assassination attempt on Bran's life from Season 1 (which will apparently be LF's fault in the show universe, even though it was Joffrey's doing in the books).

I know the leaks, my basic point is Sansa is missing info, and she will get it one way or another , whether the Hound shows up at WF or not.

In book I think Bran sends her a dream when she is in the Vale, maybe resting under a tree, but that's just a guess.

Off screen sucks, though her walking away from the wierwood tree shows her pissed.

Edited by GrailKing
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, SeanC said:

Nope, the most visceral reactions have always been from the Sansa/Jon fans, and those have been agaisnt Jon/Dany waaay before the spoilers about Jon bending to Dany. 

I'm looking forward for this season. I hate being as spoiled as I am for this show, but I'm on board with almost everything revealed so far, minus Cersei's pregnancy.

Edited by Raachel2008
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

Which hint is that?

It's in Eddard IX, when Ned is coming back from meeting Barra and her mother and he has all these thoughts about Robert, Lyanna, Jon, and then the comparison he makes between Robert and Rhaegar, whether he also frequented brothels or not. Ned's trail of thought is interesting. It's sort of how we got a hint as to where Jon was born in ASOS through Edric Dayne or how Robert told Ned (Eddard X) that he killed Rhaegar but he has Lyanna anyway (and he is stuck with Cersei) which sort of puts a dent in the whole kidnapping and rape story Robert had pushing. There's also a Benjen reaction in Jon I, agot that's interesting (kinda seems to indicate that he might know things).

Like I said though, it's just my interpretation of the writing.

Edited by YaddaYadda
11 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

Nope, the most visceral reactions have always been from the Sansa/Jon fans, and those have been agaisnt Jon/Dany waaay before the spoilers about Jon bending to Dany. 

I'm looking forward for this season. I hate being as spoiled as I am for this show, but I'm on board with almost everything revealed so far, minus Cersei's pregnancy.

I'm wondering if the Volunqour (sp?) will be the pregnancy. 

• Love 1
(edited)

User Yeahclarke on Twitter found that HBO.com is now listing 7x01 as being 58 minutes long.

Lads2 provided the following script page counts per episode, which usually works out to about a page per minute (absent big action sequences):

Episode 1: 59 pages
Episode 2: 56 pages
Episode 3: 60 pages
Episode 4: 49 pages
Episode 5: 58 pages
Episode 6: 61 pages
Episode 7: 74 pages

We know that 7x02, 7x04 and 7x06 have big action set pieces. Lads2 said that the last third or so of 7x04 is Dothraki vs. Lannister/Tarly soldiers. 7x04 ends with Bronn pushing Jaime into the water to save him from getting immolated by Drogon. 7x04 could therefore be just as long as the other episodes.

By point of comparison, the BOTB script, in what was another action-heavy episode, was 44 pages long.

Going off the above list, then, it looks like 7x06 and 7x07 will be over 60 minutes. 7x07 is easily over an hour long judging by the script page count.

A few cast members have said that there are 15 hours left in the show, despite it having been pretty common knowledge that there are only 13 episodes left. There has been a fair bit of speculation as to whether there will be extra hours added somewhere, and, if so, where those extra hours will come from.

Judging from this list, with the exception of an extended 7x07 episode, it looks like most of the episodes in Season 7 will still be about an hour long. So if there are two extra hours that need to go in Season 8, where will they go? A three-hour season finale? A two-hour season premiere and a two-hour season finale? Each Season 8 episode being an hour and 20 minutes long?

Edited by Eyes High