Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: Week 2

• Start Topic

(edited)
31 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Wells is probably the cutest, IMHO, but somehow I can't help but think he's just a little too mellow to keep firecracker JoJo interested for the long haul ... do think he'll go far, though. And he could be the next Bachelor, but does he have enough personality and uniqueness to carry a show? Not sure yet.  Not sure ANY of them do.

Well following Ben, the bar is extremely low on that front... He is a radio dj of some variety, so he's probably pretty good at keeping a conversation going (better than the average bro, anyway) and/or seeming like he's got a little bit of life/personality in him. I like him. Don't think he's Jojo's type at all though. If she convinced herself she was into Ben though, shouldn't be hard with Wells - you could at least have fun hanging out with him. 

When can James Taylor leave. He's so cheesy to me. Did anyone watch Dating Naked on VH1? (I feel embarrassed to have typed that sentence just now.) He reminds me of that cheeseball Mason that was on there last season...

Really, I suspect the person who is most Jojo's type is probably dear old Chad (who I happen to find hilarious...in a 'probably don't want him near me but treasure watching him on my tv screen' type of way). Like if she met Chad in some Dallas bar, instead of on this show where he's gleefully (and to my delight) playing along with the producers, I think she'd be all about Chad... 

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, terminalpreppy said:

Haha!! Who are you, Mystery? hahaha! Chad emulates Mystery, but Daniel actualls LOOKS like Mystery!! ! Haha! Actually Daniel looks like a Twilight extra.

So a huge YES Chad is a TOTAL Narcissist - i just checked out his instagram which i found through reading bach tweets. He is SO vain, or should i say "vein" all his pics are basically him without a shirt, many veins popping out all over the place. Yuk. Do girls find this roid look sexy? I sure don't. 28 year old narc with a bad attitude who thinks he is kind shit hot. He is going to be more hated than Juan Pablo i feel....

For those interested:

https://www.instagram.com/realchadjohnson/

Against my better judgement I just took a look at his Instagram, and now I am completely charmed that he seems to be in love with his dog, a Yorkie named Pumpkin.  So, in my estimation, he can't be all bad.  

ETA - I take back what I said previously; Chad eating a sweet potato while Daniel tries to talk to him is funnier than Chad with deli meat.  

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 1

How many gems can 53 pictures hold!

Previewing episode 2 last week: "y'all will understand that I'm not violent, but I will stand up for myself, being as I, like everyone else, do not like being harassed and bullied"

Even if he isn't in it himself, he gets some support from the PUA community. Choice comment found here: "Chad is a threat to the soft male... He is making shit right again. Stop all the white knight bullshit. Focus on yourself and the bitches come to you". Charming, huh?

He apparently trained really hard to get in shape for the show, then when his clothes didn't fit anymore he "spent 7 grand on clothes just for [the show]"! #relatable

His tags are hilarious, and he keeps tagging two different Jojo accounts... Doesn't even know which one is the right one. If she's smart, she's blocked him!

Nightmare fuel. Is that even healthy?

Oh and let's not forget Daniel giving Chad a run for his money here. "Let's just pretend you're Hitler."

I can't wait for Monday!

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yes, Chad is hot, but crazy and dumb, or crazy dumb.  His head seems so empty.

There are a LOT of hot guys on this show.

Canadian Daniel is cute, just seems unhinged (and I'm Canadian) - I DO love how he made friends with the outcast though - because he was outcast on Week 1 probably

All I remember is Canadian Daniel saying something about not having been to TX because he's from Canada. I haven't been to Texas either, but I'm pretty sure it's not just because of my citizenship.

ByTor, on the show Chad told JoJo about his mother dying. TPTB seem determined to portray him as a literal and figurative meathead. However, that post makes it clear to me that he has a heart...Somewhere.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The rest are still okay looking, the only bad looking one is Erectile Dysfunction.

Aw, Evan! He reminds me of Anton Walbrook in The Red Shoes... He's also witty and amiable as a narrator, so I hope he sticks around to offset the Chad-Muncher.

Wells, ditto, I am hoping sticks around a long while to offset these other blandos. (But I can't see any hope of him being the next Bach as this show has an obsession with huge man- chests and Wells, bless him, is shaped like a little boy. They tried hard to 'deal with' Ben's lack of impressive chesticles, but I can't see them getting around the slenderness of Wells. It would be good, though.)

Chad looks like a Banksia Man... A sexy, sleazy, winking Banksia Man... 

Luke is one of my favorites, but looks as if he's sitting on a keg of emotional dynamite and about to blow...

I cannot wait for the singing guitar (James T.) to stop bursting into song and leave this show. I'm sure he's a lovely chap, but leave the auditions at home, bro! Also Vinnie, who if he's a barber should sort out his own hairline - that cut is vicious! I just think cement boots every time he's on for a second or two.

Anyway, they seem like a nice bunch of fellows and I'm enjoying all their interactions and their little comments about Daniel ("haven't pulled a hose like that since I was back in my apartment" - what class!) and meaty Chad. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Soobs said:

Chad did seem genuine when talking about his mom and his dog but his whole "I'm being honest" schtick is just a license to say whatever insulting thing he wants. For instance, the whole "your being naggy" when JoJo made a simple request for him to say what he liked about her. He seems immature and emotionally stunted. Also, his grasp of grammar was poor, as is JoJo's. I'm usually not that bothered by all the "you did goods" but there seems to be more of that than usual this season.

I guess I like Wells the best. He seems relatively smart, charming and has nerdy, good looks. I thought the hipster guy was kind of cute but he also seems kind of dumb. I wonder if he writes hipster on his tax forms under occupation.

Usually I have no problem suspending my disbelief that everyone is looking for lurve but JoJo is too TV ready for me and nothing she says seems genuine at all. She seemed more like a real person when she was on The Bachelor. This version of her seems more like an E News reporter. When the guys came in while she was "hosting" with the ESPN guys, she seemed most at home. Maybe she's actually just auditioning for a hosting gig. That makes more sense to me than her looking for a husband.

I agree with everything you said.  The grammar bugs me too. I think it has hit an all time low.  If you played the drinking game for every adverb used, alcoholics could play along.  The cap would never be removed from the bottle.  

On 5/30/2016 at 9:20 PM, wovenloaf said:

His description of being "confronted slightly" or however he described that dumb scenario was cracking me up. 

This had me rolling on the floor because it seemed natural, as though he'd been coached to say something else, forgot his line, and made it up. The writers/producers found the right person to portray the antihero this season. 

I'm guilty of an overactive gaydar, but seriously, Alex, just kick Christian out of the hottub and drag Chad into it with you. Work it out with the bubbles, OK? 

• Love 1
On May 31, 2016 at 3:47 PM, Kbilly said:

I loved the Sports Nation date and I would have totally given my rose to Marcellus Wiley.

I'm with you on that one!

Chad exhausts me.   Life's too short for  dealing with him and his ilk.  Same with Alex, no pun intended.  

James Taylor reminds me of Jim Gaffigan and I can't get past that.  

Daniel has strange taste in friends.  Mildly curious about Christian and Ali, the former because he appears to have a pulse and the latter because I don't think I've heard him say anything yet.

I'm still trying to figure out one from the other re the rest of the guys.   I think I know who Jordan is because of the Bieber hair.  

Looking forward to this season!  Bound to be lots of crazy.  So many of the comments here are just too funny!

TOTALLY AGREE on Marcellus Wiley! And am not the least bit surprised that when I type in "Marcellus Wiley" the first thing that comes up is "Marcellus Wiley wife" ... but WAS more than a little surprised that this is apparently not his first reality TV go-round ... he was on Millionaire Matchmaker with Patti Stanger looking for a wife (and there is one site that says his new wife's name is Annemarie Willey ... I hope that's a typo and that her name isn't now Annemarie Willey Wiley because that would be too good/bad).

(Sorry if this should be in the media thread ... please forgive!)

Just got back from my local Panera and there's a hunka hunka burnin' love who's a manager there--looks late 20s/early 30s.  He'd make a great contestant on the Bachelorette.  Plus, he's so nice!  I had to avert my eyes to keep from staring at him while I was waiting for my order.  

thought it was strange how his instagram is very new, and a lot of his posed shots are taken by a professional photographer (he mentions her @)  ....a true plant? Sad really, i woudl rather legit people on this show. he makes for great tv of course, but you wonder who is real and who is not.

IMO, Chad is 100% a plant.  (and that's my "opinion" in the sense that it's my opinion that the Earth is round).  

He's the quintessence of the "not here to make friends"/"too cool for school"/"only real man here" contestant, about whom the others lament "why can't She see him like we see him?!?!?!"  Cue the clutching of pearls, twisting of panties, wringing of hands kaffeeklatsch about how "someone should warn JoJo"

Someone will gallantly decide to take a stand and waste their one-on-one time with JoJo to make sure she knows what Chad's really like. (this person will never end up winning, because the person who wastes their time complaining about others rather than focusing on their own relationship with the lead never wins).

This will lead to JoJo's shocked and chagrined realization that Chad is "not here for the right reasons", her sending Chad home, and her tearful conclave with the remaining guys where she vows that "now that the negativity is gone" they're all going to have a great time.  "So, cheers to that!"

JoJo's reasons for keeping Chad are all being fed by production: he's complex?  String theory is complex.  Chad's about as simple as it gets.

And therein lies the risk for JoJo, with respect to the segment of "Bachelor Nation" that actually buys this "journey to true love" shit.  Chad is sooo over the top that JoJo just starts to look so foolish in keeping him around that she risks a backlash.

• Love 4

For someone who eats that much meat, Chad really doesn't need any protein supplementation. The ambulance preview (there was an ambulance preview, right?) is probably for when he gets a kidney stone.

• Love 2

I haven't seen any preview with an ambulance, not saying there isn't one.  You don't need one for a kidney stone. I haven't heard about a kidney stone either! 

5 hours ago, maryis1 said:

So, what is Chad's real name? Apparently on ESPN, of all places, either he or one of the reporters mentioned  that.

His first name is Brian, I think. Chad is his middle name. 

Is Slade that guy who was on a reality show about finding a husband for an ex-girlfriend named Jo and then later on Celebrity Marriage Bootcamp? If it's him, I'd say he looks like a busted Chad.

Yes exactly - Slade is of course the busted version.  But I get that same DB vibe from Chad like the way Slade was in Season 1 of RHWOC when he was doing sit ups for the camera, walking around with no shirt on.  Chad is way funnier though.