Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Spoilers (Includes Elimination Info)

• Start Topic

(edited)

Top 2 of the Panamanian premiere were seemingly a M/F team (1st) and the only M/M (2nd). It was unsurprisingly an elimination that claimed one of the eight other M/Fs, As for the next leg, the sole F/F came in last and was presumably also booted.

Edited by Supay

Here are the list of 22 individual racers will be competing for TAR 29 that will be using a schoolyard pick twist of 11 teams of 2 strangers:

Team 1: Redmond Ramos & Matt Ladley (last seen in Hanoi, Leg 9) (Redmond: Link), (Matt: Link)

Team 2: Floyd Pierce & Becca Droz (last seen in Hanoi, Leg 9) (Floyd: Link), (Becca: Link)

Team 3: Scott Flanary & Brooke Camhi (last spotted in Chicago, Leg 12) (Scott: Link), (Brooke: Link)

Team 4: Logan Bauer & London Kaye (last spotted in Chicago, Leg 12) (Logan: Link), (London: Link)

Team 5: Olivia Beauregard & Seth Tyler (last seen in Sao Paulo, Leg 2, no sightings beyond Leg 2) (Olivia: Link), (Seth: Link)

Team 6: Jessica "Jessie" Shields & Francesca Piccoli (last spotted in Sao Paulo, Leg 2) (Jessica: Link), (Francesca: Link)

Team 7: Ashton Theiss & Vanck Zhu (last spotted in Lake Como, Leg 6) (Ashton: Link), (Vanck: Link 1, Link 2)

Team 8: Joey Corvino & Tara (last spotted in Chicago, Leg 12) (Link) RFF chief Georgiapeach has not yet revealed Tara's last name and will find out soon.

Team 9: Jennifer Lee & Kevin Ng (unseen since the end of Leg 1, Panama) (Jennifer: Link), (Kevin: Link)

Team 10: Sara Fowler & Shamir Arzeno (last seen in Sao Paulo, Leg 2, no sightings beyond Leg 2) (Sara: Link), (Shamir: Link)

Team 11: Mike Rado & Liz Espey (last seen on a ferry towards Athens, Leg 8) (Mike: Link), (Liz: Link)

All credits from Peach herself, Ovalorange, Alenaveda, Gamerfan09, TARUSAFan, Chateau d If, MoDay, walkingpneumonia, Vodka, Chwong, Hasselhoff and Slowhatch on RFF

Edited by ApprenticeFan
corrections

Leg 6 (Milan / Varenna / Lake Como) looks to be a F7 TBC and Leg 9 (Hanoi) a F5 NEL, with Leg 3 (Dar es Salaam) most likely being a F9 NEL barring the outside chance of a Leg 4 (Zanzibar) F8 NEL.

Therefore, the sequence is a replica of either Season 22's or 24's.

On 9/3/2016 at 10:03 PM, ApprenticeFan said:

Here are the list of 22 individual racers will be competing for TAR 29 that will be using a schoolyard pick twist of 11 teams of 2 strangers:

Team 1: Redmond Ramos & Matt Ladley (last seen in Hanoi, Leg 9) (Redmond: Link), (Matt: Link)

Team 2: Floyd Pierce & Becca Droz (last seen in Hanoi, Leg 9) (Floyd: Link), (Becca: Link)

Team 3: Scott Flanary & Brooke Camhi (last spotted in Chicago, Leg 12) (Scott: Link), (Brooke: Link)

Team 4: Logan Bauer & London Kaye (last spotted in Chicago, Leg 12) (Logan: Link), (London: Link)

Team 5: Olivia Beauregard & Seth Tyler (last seen in Sao Paulo, Leg 2, no sightings beyond Leg 2) (Olivia: Link), (Seth: Link)

Team 6: Jessica "Jessie" Shields & Francesca Piccoli (last spotted in Sao Paulo, Leg 2) (Jessica: Link), (Francesca: Link)

Team 7: Ashton Theiss & Vanck Zhu (last spotted in Lake Como, Leg 6) (Ashton: Link), (Vanck: Link 1, Link 2)

Team 8: Joey Corvino & Tara Carr (last spotted in Chicago, Leg 12) (Joey: Link), (Tara: Link)

Team 9: Jennifer Lee & Kevin Ng (unseen since the end of Leg 1, Panama) (Jennifer: Link), (Kevin: Link)

Team 10: Sara Fowler & Shamir Arzeno (last seen in Sao Paulo, Leg 2, no sightings beyond Leg 2) (Sara: Link), (Shamir: Link)

Team 11: Mike Rado & Liz Espey (last seen on a ferry towards Athens, Leg 8) (Mike: Link), (Liz: Link)

All credits from Georgiapeach, Ovalorange, Alenaveda, Gamerfan09, TARUSAFan, Chateau d If, MoDay, walkingpneumonia, Vodka, Chwong, Hasselhoff and Slowhatch on RFF

Updated as above. We now have all 22 of the individual racer's names. Hopefully to wait for the cast announcement very soon.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  1. Panama City, F11 boot
  2. Sao Paulo, F10 boot
  3. Dar es Salaam, F9 NEL or boot
  4. Zanzibar, F8 NEL or F9 boot
  5. Ålesund, F8 boot
  6. Milan / Varenna / Lake Como, F7 TBC
  7. Venice, F7 boot
  8. Athens, F6 boot
  9. Hanoi, F5 NEL
  10. Ninh Binh, F5 boot
  11. Seoul, F4 boot

I'm reading a book where most of the action takes place in Zanzibar and I was reading a lot about Norway this summer. Alesund is supposed to be very pretty town. Fall doesn't seem the same without an Amazing Race to watch.

• Love 1

A more definite boot order:

11th: Kevin & Jenn
10th: Jessie & Francesca
9th: Shamir & Sara or Seth & Olive
8th: Seth & Olive or Shamir & Sara
7th: Vanck & Ashton
6th: Liz & Michael
5th: Becca & Floyd
4th: Matt & Redmond
3rd: London & Logan
2nd: Joey & Tara
1st: Brooke & Scott

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 3

I have to wonder though - evidently Sara and Logan got together during the race, and according to the article linked in the Shamir & Sara thread:

they did in fact meet while filming the show and [Sara] hinted that the story would likely unfold during the season.

Not much time left for the "story to unfold" if they're out next week. Now I'm worried the spoilers are wrong, lol.

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:26 PM, Geenee said:

The only thing worrying me is the chance that Seth and Olive meet the same fate as the long-haired rockers and that mom/son team did in Moscow...leaving Wall Street Wuss and victim around to muck up Scandinavia. 

It wasn't exactly that, but yeah, it looks like Seth & Olive are indeed out in ninth.  Meaning that Shamir & Sara get the ax at the end of the second hour next week.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:13 PM, piequinn35 said:

It must be extreme luck that got Scott and Brooke to the finals. :/

These episodes as they are airing have me wondering how the hell Tara & Joey lose to them in the end (if the positions in the finish line photo are right and Brooke & Scott are standing in the winners' position).  They've been stronger and a lot more solid than Brooke & Scott.  Both Brooke and Scott falter at tasks and are just plain annoying, to boot.  If Tara & Joey did lose, I really hope they've really lost to London & Logan, and @Vyk had them in reverse.

Edited by Nalan
  • Love 3

Well, at least now it's clear why Liz & Michael get booted in Greece next week.  A combination of their upcoming Speed Bump, navigational issues, and (I'm guessing) getting U-Turned.

But more and more, as the race unfolds, I'm wondering how the fuck Tara & Joey lose to Brooke & Scott (or London & Logan, depending on finish line position)?  Those two teams have proven to be weak as all get out!  How do they even make the F3?!  After Liz & Michael are gone, Becca & Floyd and Matt & Redmond must really mess up!

• Love 2

I'm really hoping the spoiler isn't true because I just don't understand how this could happen.  Although, I never expected the Beekman Boys to win, either.

Please, please Amazing Race Gods.....don't let this happen!

On 4/29/2017 at 5:09 PM, Nalan said:

These episodes as they are airing have me wondering how the hell Tara & Joey lose to them in the end (if the positions in the finish line photo are right and Brooke & Scott are standing in the winners' position).  They've been stronger and a lot more solid than Brooke & Scott.  Both Brooke and Scott falter at tasks and are just plain annoying, to boot.  If Tara & Joey did lose, I really hope they've really lost to London & Logan, and @Vyk had them in reverse.

Unfortunately, the teams ran through Wrigley Field in the final leg, and the teams arrival times were confirmed by color they were wearing.

Reports were that Orange arrived around 3:25 and Blue arrived around 4:00 with the third team yet to have been seen. Unless they, somehow, magically all reversed order at the end over that significant a time gap, the specified outcome is accurate.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MKL122788 said:

Unfortunately, the teams ran through Wrigley Field in the final leg, and the teams arrival times were confirmed by color they were wearing.

Reports were that Orange arrived around 3:25 and Blue arrived around 4:00 with the third team yet to have been seen. Unless they, somehow, magically all reversed order at the end over that significant a time gap, the specified outcome is accurate.

If this is true, then Brooke & Scott's edit had better make a serious upswing before the end.  Or Brooke had better stop the whining before then.

• Love 2

So, if Brooke/Scott win, I have one of two minds: on the one hand, Brooke wins, which sucks because she hasn't been able to do any task without complaining in some way, or she complains about Scott when he does the tasks. She can't navigate, she can't climb, she can't make a strainer, she can't run, she can't.... You get the picture. So her winning is almost like a middle finger to the other teams who have raced well, done the tasks without complaint, and aren't irritating every second. I know sometimes, these legs really come down to a lot of luck, but I wish there was something to be done to get other teams an advantage in the last leg like this. But on the other hand, I'll be happy for Scott. He's put up with A LOT and he's really carried him and Brooke. He carries her pack every time they need to run to the mat, and he does it without complaint. I thought for sure that he'd be the worst of the two from that first leg, but he's really proven himself to be one of my favourite racers this season. He's done TWO heights challenges when he's terrified of them, and he's done a great job with maintaining Brooke and her whining.

So at least in the finale, there'll be five out of six racers that I wouldn't hate to see win. Usually, in the finale, there's one team that I detest. This time, it's only half of a team. 

• Love 5

Brooke & Scott U-Turn Liz & Michael, while Tara & Joey U-Turn Becca & Floyd.  Liz & Michael already have the Speed Bump, but piling on with a U-Turn, too?  That will take them right out, I think.

Tara & Joey . . . they'd better be behind Matt & Redmond when they U-Turn Becca & Floyd, because the alpha-male team should be the target to U-Turn, not a coed team.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:41 AM, Lady Calypso said:

So, if Brooke/Scott win, I have one of two minds: on the one hand, Brooke wins, which sucks because she hasn't been able to do any task without complaining in some way, or she complains about Scott when he does the tasks. She can't navigate, she can't climb, she can't make a strainer, she can't run, she can't.... You get the picture. So her winning is almost like a middle finger to the other teams who have raced well, done the tasks without complaint, and aren't irritating every second. I know sometimes, these legs really come down to a lot of luck, but I wish there was something to be done to get other teams an advantage in the last leg like this. But on the other hand, I'll be happy for Scott. He's put up with A LOT and he's really carried him and Brooke. He carries her pack every time they need to run to the mat, and he does it without complaint. I thought for sure that he'd be the worst of the two from that first leg, but he's really proven himself to be one of my favourite racers this season. He's done TWO heights challenges when he's terrified of them, and he's done a great job with maintaining Brooke and her whining.

Brooke & Scott will totally be Flo & Zach 2.0 if they win -- you feel icky for one winning, and happy for the other and feel like he deserves the full million.

• Love 3

Dear Lord, the final outcome is crazy. Maybe Brooke and Scott manage to get ahead with a good cab or something and then don't screw up. I can't imagine them actually performing the challenges better than LoLo or Mom&Dad.

• Love 2

At least one more season! Thank God—what an awful taste it would leave if Brooke/Flo 2.0 (Flooke?) were the final winner.

Please, TPTB, if this is the last hurrah, no gimmicks, no themes, just RAAAAAACE. All-Stars/Unfinished Business is fine by me, but no Cowboys—they've already had three chances, FFS.

• Love 3

I had to come and spoil myself because after Ep 9 & 10 I needed to know that someone other than Scott & Brooke wins. But to see they are the likely winners is such a downer. If true, what an end to a sub-par season. I can’t even compare it to Zach & Flo because I watched their season after the fact and honestly did not get all the fuss over Flo. I thought she was going to be the worst thing ever and she...just wasn’t (imo). Brooke on the other hand is insufferable to me and Scott is not much better. I understand he puts up with her but I have not gotten over my dislike of him from the early episodes. Gah, why couldn’t Tara and Joey or LoLo pulled it off?!!

• Love 3
(edited)

Wow, there is going to be an uproar after this.  The editors did their best to make everyone hate Brooke (not saying she didn't give them plenty to work with) but we never were given anything to make us want to root for her.  What I mean is, even the worst racer must have some footage showing a different side, something positive to tell a story of redemption.  Helping another person, petting kittens, something.  The editors never showed us anything to make Brooke even somewhat likable.  They seemed to be doing their best to show every meltdown, every complaint.  Viewers are going to be very, very angry at this result.

edited for clarification.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Wow, there is going to be an uproar after this.  The editors did their best to make everyone hate Brooke (not saying she didn't give them plenty to work with) but we never were given anything to make us want to root for her.  Viewers are going to be very, very angry at this result.

Oh, she did that all by herself.  You can tell by Scott's reaction to her on the mat, he really doesn't want to hug her but reluctantly does.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

Well, now that Becca & Floyd are gone, it would seem like, by all rights, Tara & Joey and Matt & Redmond should be the two frontrunning teams heading into the final two legs.  And yet . . . Matt & Redmond get the final boot next week.  What the hell happens to put them out of the game?  (Not that I am at all unhappy about it.)  They even looked stressed at one point in the end-of-episode preview, so clearly something had to have happened to them.

• Love 1
(edited)

Now I am afraid that Scott and Brooke has really won the race. I used to be able to view Brooke's instragram account, just like the rest of the racers'.  From her pics, you can see her (sometimes together with Scott) going to fancy dinners and watching Broadway shows. They were even able to watch Hamilton! I thought that show was already sold-out, or if there are still tickets available, they would cost thousands of dollars. In my mind, I was thinking "...hmmm, seems like somebody has lots of money to spend lately". But now, her account has gone private. Perhaps somebody from the show has advised her not to show off her newfound wealth until after the race has ended?

Edited by AWu1977
On 5/20/2017 at 7:33 AM, wings707 said:

Oh, she did that all by herself.  You can tell by Scott's reaction to her on the mat, he really doesn't want to hug her but reluctantly does.  

Shes a whiny stupid girl, Im po'd if she won.

On 5/22/2017 at 9:13 AM, AWu1977 said:

Now I am afraid that Scott and Brooke has really won the race. I used to be able to view Brooke's instragram account, just like the rest of the racers'.  From her pics, you can see her (sometimes together with Scott) going to fancy dinners and watching Broadway shows. They were even able to watch Hamilton! I thought that show was already sold-out, or if there are still tickets available, they would cost thousands of dollars. In my mind, I was thinking "...hmmm, seems like somebody has lots of money to spend lately". But now, her account has gone private. Perhaps somebody from the show has advised her not to show off her newfound wealth until after the race has ended?

Most of the shows do not award the reward money until after the last episode airs so that they can't go out and spend the money like that. My guess is that the tickets for "Hamilton" were comped. They always leave out a few of those for every performance. They like handing them out to TV people, especially if they are on current shows that are getting media attention. 

• Love 3