Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Dead Like Kristen?

The Small Talk topic is for:

•   Introductions

•   Off-topic chatter

•   Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1 Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about

2 Look for an existing topic that matches or fits

3 If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

•   Character topics

•   Episode topics

•   Season topics

•   Spoiler topics

•   Speculation topics

•   In the Media topics

•   Favourite X topics

•   ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I am actually watching a football game, for the first time in years! Everytime I hear them say Bortles I think of Jason. Then I realize I'm rooting for a team because of a fictional character. LOL Well, that and the fact they are playing the Patriots who, desite (or possibly because) of being a New Englander, I loathe. 

• Love 2

I was at work the other day when we had a last minute rush.  After closing time, my coworker and I were still frantically ringing up customers as the radio started playing "American Pie" (can't stand that song) and some of the customers start singing along with it, very loudly and the thought hits me: "Oh fork, I'm in the Bad Place."

• Love 8

I really want a wall decal of "Everything is fine." for my cubicle. Because everything is not fine and I am in the Bad Place from 8-4:30 weekdays.

I also want them to come out with a game about getting into the good place, kind of a cross between Never Have I Ever and Life.

• Love 3

I want a Janet version of those popular big headed figurines. Funko Pops I think. But it should be a talking one that says little Janetisms. Oooh, and an Evil Janet version that says nothing but insults. "you dink!" "What's up, fork nuts?" 

And yes, Janet marbles are just begging to be a thing. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I want a Janet version of those popular big headed figurines. Funko Pops I think. But it should be a talking one that says little Janetisms. Oooh, and an Evil Janet version that says nothing but insults. "you dink!" "What's up, fork nuts?" 

And yes, Janet marbles are just begging to be a thing. 

I see a Barbie Mindy with bags of cocaine and wind chimes as accessories. 80s power suit. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 1/29/2018 at 9:04 AM, Mabinogia said:

I also want them to come out with a game about getting into the good place, kind of a cross between Never Have I Ever and Life.

Believe it or not, I once saw a board game in a second hand store based on Lost.  I have always regretted not checking it out.

I want an action figure of all the characters.  Except Chidi, I guess.  That would be an inaction figure.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Except Chidi, I guess.  That would be an inaction figure.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG, thank you for that. I needed it. That is perfect.

I actually made a version of Clue based on the show House, MD. I'm sure something could be done for this show. Seriously peeps, we need some swag! Maybe a game that involves marbles, and each character can be marbleized. Or a Chutes and Ladders type game. "You landed on "failed to disclose camel illness when selling camel" down the chute to the bad place. You "remained loyal to the Cleveland Brown" up the ladder you go.

• Love 4

So, I started my husband on this show last night and, five minutes into the first episode, he had figured it out.  I was simultaneously heart-broken that he wouldn't get the big reveal and relieved that I had seen this all before without him.

• Love 3

So, I started my husband on this show last night and, five minutes into the first episode, he had figured it out.  I was simultaneously heart-broken that he wouldn't get the big reveal and relieved that I had seen this all before without him.

I "figured it out" in the first episode of season 1 too. But then as I kept watching I second guessed myself. Chidi was such an obviously good guy. As annoying as Tahani was she really did mean well. Michael was so sincere. How could Janet be a part of anything bad?

So by the end I was shocked.

• Love 4

LOL. Google doesn't want to fully support this show. Why?  Look what result comes up on the right side of this search just for the show name:

LPqVFuv.jpg

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

A "For Your Consideration" event for The Good Place is being held tonight (Friday, May 4th).  Here are some social media photos from some of the attendees:

(hover on the above photo and use the circle/arrow to see more backlot photos)

(open the above tweet to see more backlot photos in the thread)

And, now the show's official Twitter account is tweeting about the event:

• Love 3
3 hours ago, shoregirl said:

I picked up Blake Bortles as my backup on my fanasty team. I also thought about changing my team name to Jake Jortles but I dont think anyone else watches the show so it would only be funny to me.

Sometimes making ourselves laugh is a good thing. Worth at least plus 8-1/2 points.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Does Jason follow Blake to a new team? Or does he become a Nick Foles fan?

Shawn has found who to torture Jason with.

Promo: Next season, bringing his molotov cocktail arm to The Good Place, everyone's favorite J'ville Jaguar!

Either that, or it will be the Jaguars GM for signing Foles and releasing Bortles. Jason would have to find a way to befriend and guide him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

So, Puddle of Mudd is coming to Charlotte in December.  Tickets are cheap, I am soooooo tempted to go, and when they play 'She Hates Me', play 'Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer' on my phone on the highest volume setting.  

Edited by Xena
I don't think the actual song title has the word 'fucking' in it
  • LOL 1

I'm a travel agent and just got a call from a guy who spoke and sounded EXACTLY like Jason Mendoza. Turns out he was flying out of Jacksonville, of course... and when I asked him if he preferred aisle or window he goes, "Um, aisle I think? Like the one that isn't middle and isn't window?" I was so happy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3