Type keyword(s) to search

Current Timeline: News and Media

3 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Part of me thinks that since they didn't just outright cancel the show today- that they are hopefully coming to some sort of agreement with Sony to bring it back for a 3rd season. I am not holding my breath only because I just don't trust anyone at any Station/Cable/Streaming Service when it comes to Television. Haha. 

Yeah, that's my thinking exactly.  Or else Sony is in negotiations to find a new home for the show if NBC ultimately passes.  I'd be OK with any other network (or Hulu) grabbing it except FOX.  I wouldn't trust FOX with our show any further than I could throw FOX. There's a reason that everyone hates FOX at the moment.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Yeah, that's my thinking exactly.  Or else Sony is in negotiations to find a new home for the show if NBC ultimately passes.  I'd be OK with any other network (or Hulu) grabbing it except FOX.  I wouldn't trust FOX with our show any further than I could throw FOX. There's a reason that everyone hates FOX at the moment.

Agreed. I don't understand why they decided to pick up Last Man Standing- seriously if they really wanted Tim Allen back on our TVs could we of at least gotten a Home Improvement revival? So dumb. 

2 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Part of me thinks that since they didn't just outright cancel the show today- that they are hopefully coming to some sort of agreement with Sony to bring it back for a 3rd season. I am not holding my breath only because I just don't trust anyone at any Network/Cable/Streaming Service when it comes to Television. Haha. 

I heard last week it was tied to Blacklist's renewal - and with the Blacklist renewal, NBC got its stake upped - maybe it'll be something similar with Timeless. Probably a chunk of the streaming $$$ or something

(edited)

At the risk of getting ahead of myself and possibly jinxing everything, do we know if the 3 main actors are locked in contract wise?

I’d hate to go through the turmoil of waiting and hoping for a renewal, only to find out once renewed that so-and-so refuses to go forward without more money!!!

Ceratinly, TPTB would make certain of that before getting involved in deep negotiations with networks and production companies, right?

Edited by JackONeill

It's usual for studios to sign actors to 6 or 7 year contracts to ensure their long-term availability. Even big stars like Viola Davis and James Spader sign long-term contracts.

31 minutes ago, orza said:

It's usual for studios to sign actors to 6 or 7 year contracts to ensure their long-term availability. Even big stars like Viola Davis and James Spader sign long-term contracts.

And even though Sakina Jaffries just accepted a role on American Gods (she'll be playing a badass Hindu goddess of war), she's already assured her Timeless fans that she'll be available to play Denise no matter what.  So I'm not bothered if the cast have started booking other short-term roles.  It's what they SHOULD be doing right now just in case!

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, JackONeill said:

At the risk of getting ahead of myself and possibly jinxing everything, do we know if the 3 main actors are locked in contract wise?

I’d hate to go through the turmoil of waiting and hoping for a renewal, only to find out once renewed that so-and-so refuses to go forward without more money!!!

Ceratinly, TPTB would make certain of that before getting involved in deep negotiations with networks and production companies, right?

Typically all actors (main and supporting) are locked in to 7 year deals before a pilot goes into production. 

It's (one of) the reasons HBO was hoping to wrap on Game of Thrones by Season 7, because then all contracts need to be re-negotiated and if a show goes 7 seasons typically the actors are in high demand and can ask for buttloads of money, you may have remembered this happening with mega hits like Friends and Seinfeld. 

We're a long way off from Timeless having to worry about that. 

Edited by Maximum Taco

Yeah I don’t think we have to worry about the leads demanding money. In addition to probably already having a long term contract, they get what a precarious position the show is in. 

They seem to really love this job. Abigail particularly seems to be in heaven playing Lucy with all the costumes and different time periods. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah they are all locked in for at least 6 seasons. I think the only thing that gets a bit hairy- is when the show is cancelled- unless Sony can find a home for it ASAP their contract usually expires shortly after the cancelation- maybe a month or something? Could be shorter or longer. But from what I've read about other shows they aren't held under contract for much longer after the cancelation.  So they would have to find a home for it pretty fast before that runs out and they have to renegotiate. 

I could be wrong- but I feel like I've read that about a BUNCH of shows where people were trying to shop their shows elsewhere after they were cancelled. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1

So you guys seem to know a lot about the renew/cancel process. Is the longer they take to announced the decision a good or a bad thing? Obviously when they are sure they are going to renew they do t quickly and/or early. But it seems to me that if they were sure of a cancellation they would have said so already. Does the delay mean they are trying to work out a renewal?  Trying not to have false hope. 

(edited)
10 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

So you guys seem to know a lot about the renew/cancel process. Is the longer they take to announced the decision a good or a bad thing? Obviously when they are sure they are going to renew they do t quickly and/or early. But it seems to me that if they were sure of a cancellation they would have said so already. Does the delay mean they are trying to work out a renewal?  Trying not to have false hope. 

I'm cautiously optimistic as well- they could of just outright cancelled it on Monday. The fact that it is Tuesday afternoon and we still have NO WORD- I'm hoping that means they are trying to work something out. We can only hope. 

But I know nothing of the inner workings of networks and how they do stuff, but Sony seems pretty locked into this show and wants it on the air. 

Edited by SiobhanJW

The NBC Facebook page is cracking me up! Every topic that is posted people are bombarding it with #renewaltimeless. Post about Jane Lynch: #renewtimeless. Brooklyn 99 coming to NBC: #renewtimeless.

I really hope this show gets renewed. I think the Sunday night time slot did not do it any favors. If not, I hope someone else picks it up.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, lookattheflowers said:

The NBC Facebook page is cracking me up! Every topic that is posted people are bombarding it with #renewaltimeless. Post about Jane Lynch: #renewtimeless. Brooklyn 99 coming to NBC: #renewtimeless.

I really hope this show gets renewed. I think the Sunday night time slot did not do it any favors. If not, I hope someone else picks it up.

For the Sanity of the person that handles their social media- they should renew it. Haha. 

• Love 4
On May 14, 2018 at 7:47 PM, ALenore said:

This is one of those moments when I think Leslie Jones is my alter ego. LOL

On May 14, 2018 at 8:06 PM, legaleagle53 said:

And she doesn't fool around, either!

…and I myself hashtagged it so much that my Twitter account is currently on lockdown because I broke Twitter rules by overtrending it by Twitter standards)…

LOL, @legaleagle53! Did you even know that was a thing before it happened to you?

4 hours ago, lookattheflowers said:

Renewed or not, I bet the #renewtimeless hashtag (forgive the necessary redundancy) will go down in the History of Media books.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

LOL, @legaleagle53! Did you even know that was a thing before it happened to you?

I'd heard of it, but it was the first time it had happened to me.  Fortunately, Twitter emailed me an explanation insisting that it was an accident and apologized.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Yeah they are all locked in for at least 6 seasons. I think the only thing that gets a bit hairy- is when the show is cancelled- unless Sony can find a home for it ASAP their contract usually expires shortly after the cancelation- maybe a month or something? Could be shorter or longer. But from what I've read about other shows they aren't held under contract for much longer after the cancelation.  So they would have to find a home for it pretty fast before that runs out and they have to renegotiate. 

I could be wrong- but I feel like I've read that about a BUNCH of shows where people were trying to shop their shows elsewhere after they were cancelled. 

June 30th is the big date for a lot of contracts - I saw it mentioned a lot before it was confirmed Lethal Weapon was coming back

• Love 1

I know I’m grasping at straws for even a little hope here but yesterday Sony posted ‘Must Save Rufus’ on Twitter. 

Maybe that means they are taking so much time while they come up with where and how to renew it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I know I’m grasping at straws for even a little hope here but yesterday Sony posted ‘Must Save Rufus’ on Twitter. 

Maybe that means they are taking so much time while they come up with where and how to renew it. 

I saw that too!! Also this morning NBC Entertainment Twitter was commenting on fans Timeless stuff. Ahh just tell us already!!!

• Love 2

NBC hasn't actually passed yet, so I don't think they are allowed to start shopping it. Hopefully they make up their mind one way or the other, ideally they'll decide to pick it up for a 3rd seasons but the longer it takes the harder it'll be to find a home elsewhere if they do decide to pass. 

I'm convinced that's one of the reasons Brooklyn Nine Nine was saved so quickly. Fox dropped it as early as they could and gave everyone else a crack at it. Whatever you say about Fox, at least they didn't let the show twist in the wind. 

(edited)

The cynic in mean believes that NBC is cancelling it but the silence is only because they are preparing their PR department to handle all the various protests from regular fans and celebrities alike.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

The cynic in mean believes that NBC is cancelling it but the silence is only because they are preparing their PR department to handle all the various protests from regular fans and celebrities alike.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but I don't think they care about the fans. It's all about dollars and cents. If networks caved to the fans all the time, there probably wouldn't be any networks anymore.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Maximum Taco said:

NBC hasn't actually passed yet, so I don't think they are allowed to start shopping it. Hopefully they make up their mind one way or the other, ideally they'll decide to pick it up for a 3rd seasons but the longer it takes the harder it'll be to find a home elsewhere if they do decide to pass. 

I'm convinced that's one of the reasons Brooklyn Nine Nine was saved so quickly. Fox dropped it as early as they could and gave everyone else a crack at it. Whatever you say about Fox, at least they didn't let the show twist in the wind. 

Is it possible NBC has passed but Sony has another interested network/channel and they are going to cancel and announce the move at the same time? I am assuming from what I read that Sony owns the show. Is that true?

edited to add - I wish there was at least one network where good, intelligent (or at least fun) family friendly shows had a home. Shows like Burn Notice, Psych, Librarians, Eureka, Warehouse 13 etc used to run on several channels but now no one wants anything like that even though lots of viewers do. *sigh*

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 5

Is it possible NBC has passed but Sony has another interested network/channel and they are going to cancel and announce the move at the same time? I am assuming from what I read that Sony owns the show. Is that true?

edited to add - I wish there was at least one network where good, intelligent (or at least fun) family friendly shows had a home. Shows like Burn Notice, Psych, Librarians, Eureka, Warehouse 13 etc used to run on several channels but now no one wants anything like that even though lots of viewers do. *sigh*

I suppose it's possible, but it's pretty unlikely. 

IMO Sony would want NBC to publicly cancel it so they could openly shop the show to as many streaming services or networks as possible.

The only way I could see this not being the best path is if the production/distribution house owned a channel of their own that could house the property, and AFAIK, Sony does not. 

• Love 1

Are "networks" (which I'm not sure is an accurate term here) like ION and WE players at all? I know they pick up older shows (currently Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer and others) and rerun the hell out of them. But didn't they do their own shows at one time? And I guess Sy Fy has gone so cheap and tawdry (far from the days of Stargate) that they would never/could never pick up Timeless, even though it makes sense—science fiction and Timeless. Maybe if they put a flying shark in Timeless.

• Love 1
(edited)

While still awaiting word on Timeless, here's yet another interview with EP Shawn Ryan...

EXCLUSIVE: SHAWN RYAN TALKS ‘TIMELESS’ FAN ENGAGEMENT AND A POTENTIAL SEASON 3
Posted on May 14, 2018 By Lissete Lanuza Sáenz
http://fangirlish.com/exclusive-shawn-ryan-talks-timeless-fan-engagement-and-potential-season-3/

We had a chance to talk with EP and co-showrunner Shawn Ryan about the Season 2 finale of Timeless, which last night trended #1 in the U.S., up to #2 Worldwide for several hours during East Coast and West Coast airings, with various other top 20 U.S. trends including “RenewTimeless,” “Rufus,” “Lucy,” “Wyatt,” “Flynn,” “Jiya,” “Emma” and “Harriet.”

The show also trended #2 on Google Search last night, and Twitter confirmed that it totaled 304,852 Mentions of #Timeless and 121,206 Mentions of #RenewTimeless in the last 24 hours, with celebrity fans like Kelly Clarkson, William Shatner and Leslie Jones all live tweeting the finale.

Ryan was very clear in one thing: the amazing outpouring of support from the fans is something the people behind Timeless are in awe of and something they deeply appreciate. “I literally don’t think there’s anything else the fanbase could have done,” he said, and continued on to explain that it’s “incredibly rewarding” to see not just the reaction to the finished work, but the desire for more.
Back to the interview, Shawn shared that the thing about TV writing was sometimes about putting yourself in a corner and seeing if you could “write your way out of it.” This came up because we, of course, talked about Rufus’ untimely death, which we all understand is not meant to last (psssst NBC, season 3), and how “the Rufus arc came to us very early in the season.”

It’s funny, and heartbreaking, because in a way, as Shawn said: “we’ve been telling you all season he’s gonna die, you just didn’t listen,” to which, of course, I had to add that we did listen, we just didn’t believe, which is exactly what the show used against us by “using those expectations that it couldn’t happen to tell a very raw, personal, emotional story where it does.”

The idea of future Lucy and Wyatt coming back, says Shawn, however, was an idea that came very late in the process. “We knew what we wanted to do with Rufus,” he added, “we just didn’t know how we were going to get out of it.”
As for our sometimes oblivious solider, Shawn had this to say: “Wyatt’s been an interesting, flawed character this season, and it’s been interesting seeing fans react and I don’t know that Wyatt has necessarily made the right choices in Season 2, but that’s life.”
The question is now, of course, how these two get from that painful conversation where Wyatt confessed his love to the leveled up versions of themselves. To this, Shawn said: “You noticed he said I love you, and you don’t have to say it back, and she didn’t say it back. Does that mean she doesn’t feel it or that he’s gotta earn it more? There are a lot of possibilities to explore.”
“We’ll see what a potential Season 3 holds for Lyatt, because I think Lucy showed remarkable patience and understanding during Wyatt’s journey in Season 2, but that doesn’t mean that she’s not hurt and that there’s not work that Wyatt’s gonna have to do to sort of win her back.”
“To have the second Lifeboat come and to see Wyatt and Lucy seemingly joined at the hip, and a strong team, sort of implies, I think, a positive future for them, in some regard.”
The whole idea behind the Lucy/Flynn connection in Season 2, according to Ryan, was to “find a way to make him real, humanize him, and start understanding things a little bit from his perspective,” because the truth is “he and Lucy made a personal, human connection during the second season” that just wasn’t there before, and that’s, in many ways, different from all the other relationships Lucy has.

“It was important to us to build a personal connection between Lucy and Flynn, whether you regard that as friendship, or a one-sided romance, or whether you think it’s where both Lucy and Flynn should end up,” the EP continued, before remarking that a Season 3 storyline hasn’t been set in stone yet, but that as much as “in many ways Flynn’s journey has mirrored Lucy,” he’s “a wounded, damaged, person” and that’s something that they wanted to explore, and that they will continue to explore.
As for Rittenhouse, Jessica, and the future, Shawn was pretty much mum, even when asked directly if Jessica was actually pregnant. “I don’t want to say whether she’s telling the truth or lying, I have my opinion, but until we get into the writers room and see what stories we want to tell …”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, JackONeill said:

Are "networks" (which I'm not sure is an accurate term here) like ION and WE players at all?

I don't know about WE, but ION's "original" programming tends to be Canadian shows that also air on CTV. They ran Flashpoint and Saving Hope, currently have some Jason Priestly show that I can't remember the name of, and are supposed to be running another Canadian cop show from the producers of Rookie Blue upcoming. They tend to put these "new" shows on at odd hours, as I guess the syndication reruns of stuff like Blue Bloods and Criminal Minds in prime time make them more money. I don't think ION has the money to produce a show (especially one like Timeless) on its own.

This articles explains why NBC is likely to cancel it. But it ends on a positive note saying the show likely will air somewhere next season.

As for the delay in announcing...bad news is often released to the press on Friday afternoons to bury it with people rushing off to start their weekends so that wouldn't surprise me if we found out then.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tonifitzgerald/2018/05/16/is-timeless-canceled-or-renewed-why-the-nbc-show-may-not-be-saved/

33 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Well if that’s true and NBC cancels it but it airs somewhere, then that’s fine with me. I couldn’t care less if it’s on NBC or not. I just want it somewhere. 

Ditto.

And no matter where it ends up, please for the love of all that is holy, move it out of that late Sunday night timeslot.  Even if it gets good enough ratings, 9p EST on Sunday nights are just not a good air time for most.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well if that’s true and NBC cancels it but it airs somewhere, then that’s fine with me. I couldn’t care less if it’s on NBC or not. I just want it somewhere. 

That all depends on where "somewhere" is.  Not all of us can afford a streaming service like Netflix or Amazon, and many of us don't have cable, either.  What are WE supposed to do if we can't get it on, say Hulu or YouTubeTV (which, by the way, is also hella expensive)?

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Ditto.

And no matter where it ends up, please for the love of all that is holy, move it out of that late Sunday night timeslot.  Even if it gets good enough ratings, 9p EST on Sunday nights are just not a good air time for most.

it's 10 PM EST on sunday, even worse

• Love 3
12 hours ago, North of Eden said:

This articles explains why NBC is likely to cancel it. But it ends on a positive note saying the show likely will air somewhere next season.

As for the delay in announcing...bad news is often released to the press on Friday afternoons to bury it with people rushing off to start their weekends so that wouldn't surprise me if we found out then.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tonifitzgerald/2018/05/16/is-timeless-canceled-or-renewed-why-the-nbc-show-may-not-be-saved/

Not to be the downer, but it didn't say the show would "likely" air somewhere else next season, it just said it "may" air somewhere else next season. That's a pretty important difference. I do agree that it's odd that NBC hasn't made an announcement yet. With upfronts come and gone, it doesn't look very good for Timeless returning to the Peacock. 

The issues for Timeless are that

1) As the article states, studios are much more likely to gravitate to their own production house, the biggest recent example being NBC saving the Universal produced Brooklyn Nine Nine and Fox saving the 20th Century Fox produced Last Man Standing. Unfortunately Sony doesn't really have a broadcast network of their own to host Timeless. 

2) Timeless doesn't have an extensive back catalouge (there's only 26 episodes) so that lowers its appeal for streaming services who usually rescue shows that have a lot of content that is bingeable (for example, The Mindy Project had over 60 episodes before it was saved by Hulu, Community had almost 100 before Yahoo! stepped in) because they strike a deal for streaming rights, and getting the extra content is an important part of the deal. It's one of the main reasons cited when Netflix and Hulu were asked why they didn't pick up Pitch when it was cancelled last year. 

Hopefully someone decides to take a chance on it, but the longer that NBC maintains radio silence the less likely it seems that our show is coming back. Sigh. 

I don't blame TPTB for the cliffhanger ending, but its really gonna suck if there's no S3.  Especially since we left it at a point that  -  while being in the process of undoing it  -  Rufus was dead at the end of the (last) season.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, cam3150 said:

I agree, the longer this wait goes on, the less likely a renewal seems. I fear we are headed for the Friday afternoon news dump cancellation announcement. 

I agree I was just thinking this earlier. Ugh. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Maximum Taco said:

I do agree that it's odd that NBC hasn't made an announcement yet. 

Is there any chance that NBC's prolonged silence could indicate price negotiations behind the scenes? 

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Is there any chance that NBC's prolonged silence could indicate price negotiations behind the scenes? 

Could be.

But with my no knowledge I would say 80% cancel 20% renew

(edited)
10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Possible, but again pretty unlikely. NBC knows how much the show needs to operate, and those costs aren't likely to change, important permanent sets are already built, actors salaries are locked in for at least another 4 years and they know that each episode is gonna have a historical locale that is probably gonna incur similar costs in terms of costuming and set design and extras etc. NBC also knows how much they can sell ad space for. They've been doing this for 2 seasons already now.

NBC isn't going to pay any more for the show then they currently are (it's hanging on by a thread) and Sony isn't going to ask for more money but at the same time they can't operate at a loss, and at the end of the day everyone has a salary that needs to be paid. 

The only scenario where cost could enter into the discussion is if Sony is willing to cut back HARD on their operating costs to make the show more attractive to NBC. And in that case we should expect a very steep drop in quality of the program and I don't think any of us are hoping for that scenario. I'd honestly rather it be cancelled then to start seeing episodes where they can't go back in time because the lifeboat needs repairs or whatever, but really it's cause they need to save some money. Timeless isn't the kind of show that can weather bottle episodes. And that's not to hate on bottle episodes, if done well they can be great, Brooklyn Nine Nine did a great one this season ("The Box") where it takes place entirely in an interrogation room, but that's a half hour comedy and this is an hour long drama based around time travel to historical locales. Bottle episodes are not gonna work. 

With my limited knowledge of the situation and TV in general I'm preparing to hear it's been cancelled today in a Friday news dump and be sad for the rest of the day. Brace yourselves TimeTeam. 

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, Maximum Taco said:

Possible, but again pretty unlikely. NBC knows how much the show needs to operate, and those costs aren't likely to change, important permanent sets are already built, actors salaries are locked in for at least another 4 years and they know that each episode is gonna have a historical locale that is probably gonna incur similar costs in terms of costuming and set design and extras etc. NBC also knows how much they can sell ad space for. They've been doing this for 2 seasons already now.

NBC isn't going to pay any more for the show then they currently are (it's hanging on by a thread) and Sony isn't going to ask for more money but at the same time they can't operate at a loss, and at the end of the day everyone has a salary that needs to be paid. 

The only scenario where cost could enter into the discussion is if Sony is willing to cut back HARD on their operating costs to make the show more attractive to NBC. And in that case we should expect a very steep drop in quality of the program and I don't think any of us are hoping for that scenario. I'd honestly rather it be cancelled then to start seeing episodes where they can't go back in time because the lifeboat needs repairs or whatever, but really it's cause they need to save some money. Timeless isn't the kind of show that can weather bottle episodes. And that's not to hate on bottle episodes, if done well they can be great, Brooklyn Nine Nine did a great one this season ("The Box") where it takes place entirely in an interrogation room, but that's a half hour comedy and this is an hour long drama based around time travel to historical locales. Bottle episodes are not gonna work. 

With my limited knowledge of the situation and TV in general I'm preparing to hear it's been cancelled today in a Friday news dump and be sad for the rest of the day. Brace yourselves TimeTeam. 

I agree and this is why I’m so annoyed that they are dragging this out. All of these things are known quantities. If they aren’t working to renew it, and I’m thinking more and more that they aren’t, then why not just cancel it on Monday?  I’m not sure I buy the idea that waiting until today helped negate the bad publicity from it. First, I don’t know that they really care when they upset fans by cancelling a show, but also I’m not sure waiting until Friday outweighs a week of high profile media attention that would have likely been brief with a quick cancelling. 

So I think it’s going to be cancelled and probably always was going to be, but the whole thing is confusing. 

Another thing that confuses me is that when it was brought back I read they moved production to LA. If that’s true they moved to LA, built new sets, redid everything - all at what I’m sure was a sizeable investment. All for 10 episodes???  No wonder TV costs so much. 

23 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Another thing that confuses me is that when it was brought back I read they moved production to LA. If that’s true they moved to LA, built new sets, redid everything - all at what I’m sure was a sizeable investment. All for 10 episodes???  No wonder TV costs so much. 

This makes sense because California offers a tax credit for shows that relocate from out of state. So the cost of relocating was almost certainly offset by the tax breaks they got. Especially since they were filming in Vancouver before, and Canadian taxes are obviously much higher.

3 minutes ago, Maximum Taco said:

This makes sense because California offers a tax credit for shows that relocate from out of state. So the cost of relocating was almost certainly offset by the tax breaks they got. Especially since they were filming in Vancouver before, and Canadian taxes are obviously much higher.

Interesting because I just read an article about the cancellation of Designated Survivor that said it was slated to move to LA from Canada which would have made it more expensive to make. 

I think it’s all crap and there is one guy who owns everything and is pulling the strings from behind a curtain like the Wizard LOL. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I agree and this is why I’m so annoyed that they are dragging this out. All of these things are known quantities. If they aren’t working to renew it, and I’m thinking more and more that they aren’t, then why not just cancel it on Monday?  I’m not sure I buy the idea that waiting until today helped negate the bad publicity from it. First, I don’t know that they really care when they upset fans by cancelling a show, but also I’m not sure waiting until Friday outweighs a week of high profile media attention that would have likely been brief with a quick cancelling. 

So I think it’s going to be cancelled and probably always was going to be, but the whole thing is confusing. 

Yes, but it's not just your rank and file fans...there's a lot of celeberties pushing for renewal as well so they be trying to tread more lightly-worried about a backlash if the celeb rallies its fan base against a cancellation announcement.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Interesting because I just read an article about the cancellation of Designated Survivor that said it was slated to move to LA from Canada which would have made it more expensive to make. 

I think it’s all crap and there is one guy who owns everything and is pulling the strings from behind a curtain like the Wizard LOL. 

I don't know about Designated Survivor, but Canada is generally cheaper to film in than LA, but if the state is giving you 10 million (which is what they gave to Timeless), well that can change your tune pretty quickly. 

Other shows like Lucifer and Legion also made the move from Vancouver to LA last season. 

Edited by Maximum Taco

This is reminding me of the Limitless media thread back in the day... waiting to hear whether you've been renewed or cancelled, and every time it shows there's a new post you're just nervous to open the thread!! Will it be good news or bad?! I appreciate everyone here for banding together as we wait it out!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, shantown said:

This is reminding me of the Limitless media thread back in the day... waiting to hear whether you've been renewed or cancelled, and every time it shows there's a new post you're just nervous to open the thread!! Will it be good news or bad?! I appreciate everyone here for banding together as we wait it out!

This is me every time I check the Timeless hashtag on Twitter (every half hour or so today). I am bracing for the worst, even more so with each passing minute with no news. 

• Love 2