Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E22: The Bloody Crown

(edited)

SEASON FINALE!

After months of thwarting off dangerous threats and deadly attacks, the Mikaelson siblings finally come face to face with the one person that could lead to their ultimate demise. With the stakes higher than ever and the compound overrun by an army of his oldest sworn enemies, Klaus is put on trial for centuries of atrocities he's committed. Meanwhile, Marcel, who has been spiraling out of control following an act of betrayal by those closest to him, is stunned by the unexpected arrival of someone from his past. Finally, Elijah, Freya and Kol frantically search for a way to save their family before it's too late.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Wow. I didn't know the Originals could make me cry. The Elijah/Klaus hug did it. And Klaus' sacrifice. Guess we know why Caroline couldn't find Klaus now. Man how long is he going to be in there suffering? 3 years at least right?

Also. Marcel's anger against Klaus just felt more and more petty and misplaced as the trial went on. Out of everyone there he had the least reason to hold a grudge in my opinion. And I guess he killed the Strix? So they wouldn't try to stop him from killing Elijah I suppose. It took me a minute when Vincent and the cop found the crime scene. I kept trying to remember if Aurora had gone on a killing spree earlier and someone had just finally found the bodies.

one last thing. Vincent. Shut up. You created an even more unkillable  monster than the Michaelsons and NOW you decide he's just as bad as they are? Idiot. I guess you really did forget the M clan did try to make peace with the witches while Marcel controlled them.

You all are still hot though. Really. I'd make out with everyone on this show. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, MissL said:

One last thing. Vincent. Shut up. You created an even more unkillable  monster than the Michaelsons and NOW you decide he's just as bad as they are? Idiot. I guess you really did forget the M clan did try to make peace with the witches while Marcel controlled them.

This is even more ridiculous because he spent the last several episodes whining about how stupid the Ancestors were for creating something even worse than the Mikaelsons to try and take them out because of how obvious it was that wasn't going to end well then he goes and does the same thing. Vincent is incredibly lucky Marcel didn't just vamp speed rip his head off after he waltzed into the Compound and all but dared him to do it. I'm hoping that Vincent was at least smart enough to put some "anyone who drinks this serum is under my control" spell on the serum or something, but I'm not holding my breath.

The entire episode I was waiting for someone to point out that Marcel was willing to LET LUCIAN LIVE and eventually kill everybody including Davina again simply if it meant Davina was brought back, but it didn't happen, the closest we got was that "you'd all do the same for your family" line from Rebekah. You'd also think that after what happened with Aurora when Klaus did the same thing Marcel would've learned that just trapping someone and bricking them behind a wall is a lot less permanent solution than just killing them, but that's a standard thing for both of these shows.

(edited)

RME. As I expected the Michaelsons were made out to be sympathetic victims, but know what, I don't give a fuck. No doubt Marcel's victory will be short lived, but I'll take it! Other than Rebekah, the Michaelsons had it coming for the destruction that they wrought upon the people they encountered since they turned. Screw them and their "all for the family" bullshit excuses. They are monsters who deserve more payback than they will ever receive on this show so three years is better than nothing. The three years or whatever they spend in that alternative world spares everyone from their benevolent evil.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

So the show isn't coming back next fall?  Does this mean that VD will only get half a season and be replaced by the Originals next year?

I'm assuming they'll do a half season for "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend," but who knows. 

Last week I was ambivalent, but I really enjoyed the finale and want to know what happens from here. There has to be a witch way to destroy Marcel, right? The ancestors wouldn't have left the city to a supervamp, I don't think. And without witch protection Marcel should be weaker than Lucien was. So I think there should be a relatively easy way to get us back to something less lopsided. I wish this was a winter hiatus instead of a season finale. 

Man, I hope I don't forget about this show during its long break, though it's somewhat amusing how that mirrors the story. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Remember how awesome it was when Cami sarcastically said, "Oh, goody. Papa Tunde's mystical knife of ludicrous torment. Glad that's still around!"? When Marcel pulled that knife out, I said the exact same thing but gleefully!

I know that the Mikaelsons are the protagonists but I just can't feel bad about Klaus being punished for even a percentage of the shitty things he has done to the thousands of people he turned into vampires out of pure spite.

As Marcel said, why turn them at all? He could have compelled most of them as humans and still gotten what he wanted, but he is such a petty jackass that he enjoyed being a dick. Instead of feeling sorry for a woman suffering from pneumonia, he turned both her and her daughter and then made her daughter watch while he set her on fire. Instead of just taking that other guy's land, he turned him into a vampire and then compelled him to burn the whole village. I mean, seriously. These people were no threat to him at all but he went out of his way to torment them. So I'm totally fine with Klaus suffering with that knife in his gut for a few years.

And while Rebekah was stoking the fires during the trial to get the crowd worked up so she could manipulate them, nothing she said was a lie. As Marcel reminded her, Klaus punished her simply for loving Marcel. Daring to love Marcel earned her a 52 year nap in her coffin. So yeah, a few years with Papa Tunde's dagger seems more than well deserved for Klaus.

I laughed when Marcel started listing people before he stuck the dagger in Klaus though because honestly I thought damn, we are going to be here ALL NIGHT if you list everyone who died because of Klaus!

Heh, I knew that the alliance between Marcel and Vincent wouldn't last long and damn, it was over about two seconds after Marcel stuck that knife into Klaus.

Poor Kinney. Is there hope that he will come back next season? Vincent said that he was hurt, not that he was dead, so maybe he'll survive and live to fight another day. I'd be totally fine with that! He can team up with Vincent. I will be interested to see how the new sanctuary turns out. I'm guessing it will be where they plan the revolution.

So will the three years that the Mikaelsons are in Freya's dreamland result in three peaceful years in New Orleans? Or will the war between the witches and the vampires escalate again? Heh, and which Mikaelson sibling will get annoyed with dreamland first? I bet Kol will be the one who gets bored and starts breaking shit just for fun.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Remember how awesome it was when Cami sarcastically said, "Oh, goody. Papa Tunde's mystical knife of ludicrous torment. Glad that's still around!"? When Marcel pulled that knife out, I said the exact same thing but gleefully!

Of course I remember. It's my favorite Cami moment. And I think about it every time I see that knife.

I feel like Klaus and Rebekah have the closest sibling relationship and the actors really sell it in their scenes together and apart on the show. So I assume that the time jump will be three years to bring things up to speed with TVD. I really truly hope we don't have to deal with any "Hope doesn't know her daddy/ dislikes him" once Klaus is saved because that would be awful. Although we barely got to see Klaus with Hope this season, I love their little father/daughter interactions so hopefully Hayley speaks well of him to Hope.

I think that Hayley is not the type of person who would badmouth Klaus to their daughter, even if they had left on bad terms. But knowing that he sacrificed himself to years of torment in order to anchor his siblings while she searches for cures for the various ailments, there's really no way that Hayley would say anything about him to Hope now.

It's my favorite Cami moment. And I think about it every time I see that knife.

I do too! It was one of few moments on the show when I wanted to high five her (the other moments were mostly when she told Klaus he was being a whiny baby).

I could see Elijah and Rebekah enjoying a peaceful life without Klaus.

I don`t think they will enjoy themselves because they know Klaus is suffering. For all that`s happened between them, they still love him fiercely and this episode showed that again. On top of that he sacrificed for them which brings on the survivor`s guilt in a way.

Vincent was right in the end but also naive. Marcel`s reign of terror on the witches pre-Mikealson didn`t tell you what he was? He isn`t unlike the Mikealsons at all, capable of being both ruthless/cold/power hungry as well as loyal/loving/sacrificing. But by giving him the ultimate power, you tipped the scales to option 1. Enjoy that.

Kol was mighty right in calling him out for not doing this for Davina. Because in that case, Marcel wouldn`t have bitten Kol. I get that he had legitimate grievances against the Mikealsons but that moral high horse sitting got old fast.

Two little moments I absolutely adored were the hug between Klaus and Elijah, when Elijah said Klaus had to be strong for them. Klaus had such a little boy look on his face, nodding seriously. I could envision such a moment when they were kids and Elijah temporarily transfered responsibility for their younger siblings on Klaus. It was terribly sweet.

Same with Klaus and Rebekah holding hands before stepping before the mob.

Speaking of, the ransacking of the compound, the torches and everything. Jeez, did anyone bring a pitchfork? All that was missing was them hunting the monster to a windmill.

It was a good Finale but also a sad one for me. I know the Originals and especially Klaus are no angels but I like them and can`t cheer for what happened here. I do hope for a glorious comeback in Season 4. Marcel likes a good reckoning? Well, there should be one for him, too.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

Marcel likes a good reckoning? Well, there should be one for him, too.

I am pretty sure that Elijah snatching Marcel's heart out of his body was a reckoning. However, I am sure the Mikealsons will come out on top next season, kill Marcel permanently, and then continue to wreck their evil on the world and everyone around them. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I don't think they'll kill Marcel. For getting the revenge he wanted he didn't look all that happy. He looked pretty miserable watching Klaus lay there actually.  It will be a long road but he might rejoin the family. Only hope the show stays on the air long enough to see where this goes!

• Love 1

I really can'f fee too sorry for a family of vampires who will out of a commission for a few years when they have already lived over a thousand years. In fact, I wouldn't feel bad for them if one of them die. They had centuries to live their lives.

• Love 3

I could see Elijah and Rebekah enjoying a peaceful life without Klaus.

Elijah would probably be pining for Haley, the overly forced love story. Also he'd be feeling guilty that Klaus is paying for his choices that Klaus told him not to do.

Rebeckha I think would want to help Klaus also because he's suffering for them.

What ever happened to Hope's magic. They had that show up and then they dropped it to never be shown again, she could have done stuff to save Daddy Jackson and Klaus and they have her not doing anything at all when they introduced the writing magic.

• Love 1

Did Freya essentially get what she's always wanted? The others may be bored or unhappy, but she's in her happy place with most of her siblings, until there are cures or Marcel tires of torturing Klaus. 

22 hours ago, immortalfrieza said:

his is even more ridiculous because he spent the last several episodes whining about how stupid the Ancestors were for creating something even worse than the Mikaelsons to try and take them out because of how obvious it was that wasn't going to end well then he goes and does the same thing. Vincent is incredibly lucky Marcel didn't just vamp speed rip his head off after he waltzed into the Compound and all but dared him to do it. I'm hoping that Vincent was at least smart enough to put some "anyone who drinks this serum is under my control" spell on the serum or something, but I'm not holding my breath.

When Esther turned Alaric into a Klaus-killing machine back on TVD, she at least had the brains to tie his life to Elena's so that he wouldn't be immortal.  You'd think the ancestors would do the same thing.  Or otherwise incorporate some sort of off-switch.

16 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

LOL, I did exactly the same thing!  That's still one of the best line-readings on this show.

4 hours ago, Artsda said:

What ever happened to Hope's magic. They had that show up and then they dropped it to never be shown again, she could have done stuff to save Daddy Jackson and Klaus and they have her not doing anything at all when they introduced the writing magic.

I'm kind of glad they're leaving Hope's abilities (if she has any) as nebulous as they are.  So far, I think the only thing we've seen has been her stopping the car when Cami was driving back to the soon-to-be-exploded safe-house that one time.  I really wouldn't want to see problems solved with deus ex infans.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

I'm assuming they'll do a half season for "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend," but who knows. 

Last week I was ambivalent, but I really enjoyed the finale and want to know what happens from here. There has to be a witch way to destroy Marcel, right? The ancestors wouldn't have left the city to a supervamp, I don't think. And without witch protection Marcel should be weaker than Lucien was. So I think there should be a relatively easy way to get us back to something less lopsided. I wish this was a winter hiatus instead of a season finale. 

Man, I hope I don't forget about this show during its long break, though it's somewhat amusing how that mirrors the story. 

Pretty sure I will.  It's rare for a show to return after a long break and have any chemistry left.

Anyone remember the original spell from VD?  In it, the vampire had to be anchored to something living - the originals were linked to the white oak and Alaric was linked to Elena.  What was Lucian/Marcel linked to?  Near as I can tell, nothing. 

Marcel basically became the very thing he's tried to avoid for centuries - Klaus, and not returned to NOLA/new daddy/ therapy with Cami/slightly redeemed Klaus either. Marcel's weakness for power coupled with the fact that he has alienated or lost everyone he genuinely cared about is not making his future look bright - Original upgrade or not.Plus Marcel's 'high horse' forcibly reminds me of the Scooby Gang's moral outrage over Klaus sacrificing a human doppelganger... because the vamps never killed humans. I don't see the Originals as a far greater evil than other vampires, they are stronger yes and they are much older - give the rest of them some time, give Marcel some time. I did reluctantly like, no matter how stupid, that he put Klaus behind the wall, he knows Klaus well enough to know that physical torment doesn't compare to his fear of being alone and forgotten.

I don't believe the siblings will enjoy knowing that Klaus is suffering but I do believe that their will be a level of appreciation that Klaus, after they sacrificed for him and the suffering he caused them, willingly sacrificed himself to possible death and indefinite torment. I hope Freya's dream world helps some of the Mikaelson's problems though I would say they were the last group of people I thought locking in a room would turn out productive.

I feel like Hayley's place in the family has been undefined for too long so I'm excited to see her fight for the Mikaelsons and become not just Hope's mother or the woman Elijah loves, but a Mikaelson in her own right. I want  her to fight not only because they are Hope's family but because she has finally accepted them as her own. She wasn't alive for 'always and forever' and isn't a blood relation and the siblings all have mommy issues so I think Hayley taking initiative to protect the family 'always and forever' at the one moment she could truly be free of all of them is a crucial step. Hayley needed an opportunity to become a Mikaelson as more than a technicality, you have to prove yourself in that family- in particular I want Kol to return to the living and accept rather than resent her as he did Marcel.

• Love 1

Marcel is a douchenozzle.  I found his self-righteousness hard to stomach, he's not exactly a saint himself.

I accept that Klaus has done a lot of dreadful things over the centuries but he's just starting, thanks to Hope and Cami, to see things (and people) a little differently. I think his choosing to sacrifice himself to keep the others safe was a huge step forward for him. I'm not too keen on Hayley, but I hope she finds a solution for Kol, Elijah, Rebekah and Freya. I'm pleased that at least they're in a happy place until all this is over. Did Kol and Freya walk off hand in hand at the end there? That was a nice moment. 

• Love 1

I absolutely hated Hayley until the last couple of episodes, I'm hoping this journey will help me actually like her.

Klaus is on his 12 step program of redemption and the original vampire version of common human decency. I hate that Klaus is suffering by himself but I'm really pleased that the other Mikaelson siblings get to experience some sort of peace, without outside conflict or interference from Klaus, when you think about it Kol and Rebekah have been repeatedly daggered for decades and Elijah has spent 1,000 years looking & cleaning up after his siblings (mainly Klaus). Hopefully some sort of personal/family healing can happen. I look forward to the relationship Kol and Freya will have, them holding hands in the end delighted me because Kol is in desperate need of family connection and before the Davina debacle they seemed to get along rather well and none of me expected Kol to take the news of a new sibling (with the Elijah/Bekah/Klaus stamp of approval) well.

• Love 1

Ha! I too thought of Cami's sarcastic Pape Tunde's knife quote when it appeared. 

So Marcel has now become Klaus. I'm sure that will turn out JUST fine. (eye roll) Hopefully Vincent can find a way to keep him in check. I'm glad that Klaus chose to be the anchor for his family, they have had so much taken away from them by him over the last 1000 years it was the least damn thing he could do. 

I too noticed Kol and Freya holding hands as they walked away from their other siblings in Freya's dreamscape. And yeah I totally went "awwww." 

On 5/22/2016 at 0:19 AM, Jack Sampson said:

Anyone remember the original spell from VD?  In it, the vampire had to be anchored to something living - the originals were linked to the white oak and Alaric was linked to Elena.  What was Lucian/Marcel linked to?  Near as I can tell, nothing. 

Lucien & Vincent used Freya's blood... pretty sure that was the anchor. I'm not up on the nuances- seems like both Freya and the White Oak could be discontinued but the resulting "Original Vamp(s)" would continue.

I liked it! It was sad and a nice turn for them all. Klaus can be a hero and an amazing egotistical murdering jackass, all in one!

Was Freya's previous immortality/inability to stay dead solely because she was linked to Dahlia? Or do the Strix just have a never ending supply of poisons for those who should not be able to die?

The idea of a Mikaelson sibling being entirely mortal is incredibly unsettling

Okay - what episode was Cami's quote? because I need to see this on a loop (I gorged on this on a rewatch so some of the yummy lines tended to be forgotten.. 

With that out of the way. I have to wonder how Marcel is alive without a heart. This is going to be something that they're gonna have to explain - eventually - because we know that Marcel is going to be de-Beast'ed. (though this is the show that brings back EVERYONE .. except Finn. he's really truly dead, since there is no Other Side) but this whole thing made me laugh because it really screamed of spoiled bratness. I get that Klaus was a dick for most his 1000 years, but Marcel wasn't this innocent, benevolent, Vampire King of New Orleans. 

Questions -
I wonder if Marcel knew (or even cared) that Finn was sent to kill Davina because of Davina's actions. that's not on Finn, in my opinion. 

I wonder if he even considered Hope in all of this. (like - I am sure that he must have some affinity for the kid, right?) pretty much eliminating his entire family. I wonder when the anger is over - how on earth he's going to figure everything out?

I also wonder how Hayley is going to find a cure for 7Strain Wolf Bite 

I also wonder what the merry hell was going through Vincent's head. He severed the Ancestors (who could probably have stopped this thread). He didn't create a failsafe and now he's mad about the failsafe. 

Oh. and um. Was Marcel in his vengeance... really quite content to eliminate another sireline? For all his "you screwed your line, Klaus.." they were at least "alive." Elijah dies, you kill all the people who "suffered."

(i didn't get the church scene, what was  up with that?)

Was Rebekah faking being mad? Or was she able to fight through it when she called Freya?

(edited)
On 5/24/2016 at 0:44 PM, Daisy said:

Okay - what episode was Cami's quote? because I need to see this on a loop (I gorged on this on a rewatch so some of the yummy lines tended to be forgotten.. 

With that out of the way. I have to wonder how Marcel is alive without a heart. This is going to be something that they're gonna have to explain - eventually - because we know that Marcel is going to be de-Beast'ed. (though this is the show that brings back EVERYONE .. except Finn. he's really truly dead, since there is no Other Side) but this whole thing made me laugh because it really screamed of spoiled bratness. I get that Klaus was a dick for most his 1000 years, but Marcel wasn't this innocent, benevolent, Vampire King of New Orleans. 

Questions -
I wonder if Marcel knew (or even cared) that Finn was sent to kill Davina because of Davina's actions. that's not on Finn, in my opinion. 

I wonder if he even considered Hope in all of this. (like - I am sure that he must have some affinity for the kid, right?) pretty much eliminating his entire family. I wonder when the anger is over - how on earth he's going to figure everything out?

I also wonder how Hayley is going to find a cure for 7Strain Wolf Bite 

I also wonder what the merry hell was going through Vincent's head. He severed the Ancestors (who could probably have stopped this thread). He didn't create a failsafe and now he's mad about the failsafe. 

Oh. and um. Was Marcel in his vengeance... really quite content to eliminate another sireline? For all his "you screwed your line, Klaus.." they were at least "alive." Elijah dies, you kill all the people who "suffered."

(i didn't get the church scene, what was  up with that?)

Was Rebekah faking being mad? Or was she able to fight through it when she called Freya?

Elijah literally blew up with the house back in Arkansas and survived because despite being set on fire and blown apart, he wasn't staked with white oak....I think we just have to call witchcraft.

Marcel loved Davina as a daughter, he cares only about her safety not the origin of the threat - especially as most of Davina's anti-witch actions had to do with him and his being a vampire. Apart from Rebekah (and wasn't Marcel awfully sure she would forsake her family) the only Mikaelson Marcel left alone was Hope (and Hayley) I thought this was perhaps a way to show that Marcel hadn't completely changed - he was grieving, power hungry & vengeful but he still 'had a thing about kids.' I like the possible symbolism of him saving himself by allowing Hope to leave with her mother and have a Klaus (Original) free life, considering Marcel considers Klaus and the Mikaelsons to be poison and the root of his suffering.

I saw Vincent as having almost a crisis of faith, he was raised to believe in and worship the Ancestors and was chosen as their Regent. Only to find out that ancient witch spirits are vengeful, petty things on a power high - they were willing to kill their own (by Original!) and side with an unknown evil more powerful than the Originals. I can't completely fault him for not thinking things through completely, plus he had intended to stay with the ancestors when he cut the power - he only lived because Davina's soul somewhat survived. However I'm positive he was around for Marcel's previous rule so.... not the brightest witch

Elijah's sireline! I listened to Marcel moan about Klaus having abandoned the others and himself when Marcel is the only vampire we see who keeps an eye on the vampires he makes, which was possibly because he created them as his subjects when, you know he had New Orleans burn. Casually biting Elijah killed roughly 1/3 of the vampire population and if he had killed Rebekah as well... The church was Marcel's training gym, the dead vampires were the remaining Strix - as in vampires that Marcel took leadership and responsibility over but didn't turn his back on because he's no hypocrite *rolls eyes* Strix were exclusively of Elijah's line so I imagine Marcel killed them both to piss off Elijah and to prevent them from trying to save Elijah.

Edited by Sam Marie