Type keyword(s) to search

S33: Spoilers & Rumors

LanceM
  • Start Topic

42 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

Are they the tri-force? Got booted immediately after the merge :)) (if that is correct)

No, Jay, Taylor, and Figgy are the Tri-Force.  Of them, if this list is accurate, only Figgy gets anywhere near the end.  But I'll bet those three guys are going to become a trio of jerks, led by Bret.

• Love 2

If that list correct, whether intentionally or unintentionally, I was right about the women getting voted off the GenX tribe (at least until the swap).  I like Bret and Ken so far, but I can see where they have the potential to turn into grade-A jerks.  So if that's the case, I hope the list is correct, and they get picked off at the merge.

• Love 1
On 6/16/2016 at 0:56 AM, SVNBob said:

Alternate translation:

"There's a really cute girl on the Millennial team and I'm trying to hook up with her like I did with Julie back in the day..."

Which could be all kinds of awkward, since he's been married for several years now (and no, he didn't marry Julie!).

These are video stills for this week's upcoming episode.  At the 1:37 mark, there's the caption "Gen-Xer Chris reflects before going to TC".   Not sure if that was done on purpose to throw people off, or if the CBS webmonkey's really weren't paying attention (I'm assuming it wasn't meant for this past week).

ETA: Okay, the folks over at MESS on Sucks say that pic of Chris is before the IC.  So CBS either did royally goof with their caption or are trying to throw everyone off.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

These are video stills for this week's upcoming episode.  At the 1:37 mark, there's the caption "Gen-Xer Chris reflects before going to TC".   Not sure if that was done on purpose to throw people off, or if the CBS webmonkey's really weren't paying attention (I'm assuming it wasn't meant for this past week).

ETA: Okay, the folks over at MESS on Sucks say that pic of Chris is before the IC.  So CBS either did royally goof with their caption or are trying to throw everyone off.

At first I thought it was a mistake, but it would seem to fit with the spoiler posted by Michel with CeCe being the next to be voted out. 

There was some speculation at Sucks that the photo showing the II with hands on it were from GenX, but I don't know how to tell.  I'm still skeptical about that boot list, but CeCe sure seems on the outs.  I'm hoping that the focus on the Millennials on most of the promos I've seen is leading to the downfall of Figgy and the guys, but after last week when the majority of the episode focused on the Millennial tribe and they didn't lose the IC, I'm not betting on it.

• Love 1

Yeah I think I will wait until I see what happens tomorrow night to see if that bootlist might possibly be real.  Needless to say I am very skeptical to say the least.

I was just listening to the ET Canada podcast where they interviewed Rachel and she said that she had no idea about the legacy clue that Jessica found until she saw watched the episode.  There could be 3 possiblities here:

1. Jessica got voted pre-jury but never said anything about it to Rachel at Losers Lodge. I would find this highly unlikely but it is possible.

2. Jessica made it to atleast the jury and therefore never saw Rachel again out in Fiji.

3. She did know about the legacy clue but for whatever reason is lying about on the podcast.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

There was some speculation at Sucks that the photo showing the II with hands on it were from GenX, but I don't know how to tell.  I'm still skeptical about that boot list, but CeCe sure seems on the outs.  I'm hoping that the focus on the Millennials on most of the promos I've seen is leading to the downfall of Figgy and the guys, but after last week when the majority of the episode focused on the Millennial tribe and they didn't lose the IC, I'm not betting on it.

Yes, I saw last week right after the last episode that there was a screencap of what looked like the GenXers winning, but then today it seemed these new photos would go with the rumored boot list. 

I hope it's misdirection though, and the Millenials lose with Figgy being the obvious boot because I hate to see a tribe keep losing early on unless they're really annoying, and so far there's a few people I like on the GenX tribe like Jessica, Ken, and Lucy. 

• Love 1
On September 22, 2016 at 7:39 PM, Michel said:

Final 2

Michaela
Zeke

And finally, if the F2 is true, then this totally explains Zeke and Michaela's inclusion in season thirty-four.  They both must do very well to get this far.

I may be confused, but I thought season 34 was actually filmed first, before season 33. Maybe I am wrong. Because if that was the case, then Zeke & Michaela wouldn't have been in it. Am I wrong?

1 minute ago, nutty1 said:

I may be confused, but I thought season 34 was actually filmed first, before season 33. Maybe I am wrong. Because if that was the case, then Zeke & Michaela wouldn't have been in it. Am I wrong?

Season thirty-four was taped after this one.  Zeke and Michaela must've done very well in this season to have been included in the next one.

• Love 1

Yeah, Michaela and Zeke must have not only done well in the game, but have been interesting enough TV to merit playing back to back seasons. But I tend to think neither of them win the game, just because there is no precedence in Survivor for a winner to play back to back seasons. But who knows? That alone would be a Survivor Game Changer. :) :) :) 

Edited by ForeverAlone
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, ForeverAlone said:

But I tend to think neither of them win the game, just because there is no precedence in Survivor for a winner to play back to back seasons.

Technically not, but it could have happened.  Hantz was under the impression all through HvV that he'd won Samoa.  So he played the exact same (losing) game.  But he didn't find out he hadn't won at all until the Samoa finale which took place after he got back from losing HvV (Even he, the one person that has absolutely no jury management skills, could read the HvV jury.  They were 100% against him.)  Which is why he tried to "buy" the "title of Sole Survivor" from Natalie at that finale. 

So either Zeke or Michaela might be the winner of S33.  They just won't know for sure during the filming of S34.

I had wondered if Zeke or Michaela had been a pre-merge boot royally screwed by a swap, and TPTB took the chance they'd be an overwhelming favorite to come back.  Probst has really hyped Zeke more so than Michaela.  I think it is possible Zeke could win, or maybe we get a mediocre winner over those 2 that makes the two of them more likable and worthy.  Should be interesting!  Very anxious for tomorrow night, and really hoping the Millennials lose.  Even if CeCe gets the boot, I'm still skeptical of the boot list.  It could have been a really lucky guess based on pic/promo evidence and process of elimination.

12 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

Technically not, but it could have happened.  Hantz was under the impression all through HvV that he'd won Samoa.  So he played the exact same (losing) game.  But he didn't find out he hadn't won at all until the Samoa finale which took place after he got back from losing HvV (Even he, the one person that has absolutely no jury management skills, could read the HvV jury.  They were 100% against him.)  Which is why he tried to "buy" the "title of Sole Survivor" from Natalie at that finale. 

So either Zeke or Michaela might be the winner of S33.  They just won't know for sure during the filming of S34.

I believe this was the case with Amanda Kimmel too, not knowing if she won China when she went to go play in Micronesia.

1 hour ago, SVNBob said:

Russell was under the impression he won the game, but the producers had to have known he lost it. 

8 minutes ago, ForeverAlone said:

Russell was under the impression he won the game, but the producers had to have known he lost it. 

I know that TPTB knew that he'd lost.  Which is why they set him up so well in the editing of HvV.

To clarify why I even brought this up:  You, @ForeverAlone, posited that neither Zeke nor Michaela won S33 because they will be appearing in S34.  I'm saying that appearing in S34 is not a guarantee that they both lost S33.  (Although, by the rules of Survivor, one of them will absolutely have lost if the other did win.)

Hantz is an edge case that proves they could have potential winners in back-to-back seasons.  And as @LanceM points out, this also might apply to Amanda Kimmel (which makes an interesting parallel.  Both Hantz and Amanda played back-to-back seasons, both made FTC in both seasons, and both lost both seasons in the same way.  There might be a paper in that somewhere....)

The only way we'll know they'll know for sure they lost S33 is if they don't make FTC, like Malcolm in his first of two seasons.  But if either or both do make FTC, then they'll have confessionals in early S34 episodes about the back-to-back play and whether or not they think they won the first time.  TPTB will know in their cases too, and we will when we see it, but they might not.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, SVNBob said:

If this bootlist is right and they are the last ones standing at the end, then I think it's safe to say that it's guaranteed that one of them wins.

• Love 1

Am I going crazy? I swear I read way back when that Season 34 was filmed before Season 33. I know now that cannot be, but was there ever that rumor??

Missyae, who has gotten the last few seasons correct, said neither Zeke nor Michaela win Season 33 or 34.

Edited by nutty1

nutty1, maybe you're confusing Second Chances and Kaoh Rong?  Kaoh Rong was filmed first, but Second Chances was aired before it to build on the momentum of the cast reveal at the Worlds Apart finale.

17 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I had wondered if Zeke or Michaela had been a pre-merge boot royally screwed by a swap, and TPTB took the chance they'd be an overwhelming favorite to come back.  Probst has really hyped Zeke more so than Michaela.  I think it is possible Zeke could win, or maybe we get a mediocre winner over those 2 that makes the two of them more likable and worthy.  Should be interesting!  Very anxious for tomorrow night, and really hoping the Millennials lose.  Even if CeCe gets the boot, I'm still skeptical of the boot list.  It could have been a really lucky guess based on pic/promo evidence and process of elimination.

Usually I'd agree with you, but the bootlist was posted on Sucks in early August before (as far as I can remember) any real press material was released by CBS.  Additionally, even with the press/promo screenshots, most in the spoiler community had pegged either Bret or Figgy as being the first boot, so Rachel and CeCe weren't even on their radars.

Either way, we'll know soon! :)

Edited by bml1980

Well if that boot list is correct that means that Michelle, Michaela or Zeke is winning.  I can live with any of those three.

(I am still very very skeptical though)

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, LanceM said:

Well if that boot list is correct that means that Michelle, Michaela or Zeke is winning.  I can live with any of those three.

(I am still very very skeptical though)

Mari was a pre-merge boot.  So if we start seeing other people who were pre-merge boots going (even if the order is off), then I'll buy it.  That said, I won't look forward to a whole season of Figgy or Adam screaming in every TH.  I do hope Hannah gets burned, though.

• Love 1

Oy, lol.  There goes the bootlist.

I guess it's possible that whoever made it knows the premerge boots, but not in what order?  I wouldn't put money on that though.

Edited by bml1980
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ForeverAlone said:

The ONLY good thing about this vote tonight is it goes against the supposedly spoiler boot list. But since the player I was rooting for the most is now gone, I can't be that happy about it. 

Same.  Though on the plus side, I'm hoping the likes of Figgy, Taylor, Jay, and Hannah follow.

But I doubt Prpbst would have hyped the millennials like he did had they fallen by the wayside early.

ETA: So the promo for next week.  After hyping this theme relentlessly, would they really be doing a swap this early?  Also, since the millennials were the only ones shown in the promo, what is the point of having a Gen-X tribe?  I feel like we have seen way more of the millennials in terms of footage, pics, promos, etc.  

Edited by LadyChatts

There's also the rumored third tribe that was mentioned upthread.  18 is a good number to go from 2 groups to 3.

Since they're apparently having to do a blind draw en masse at camp, they could be drawing a selection from 3 sets of 3 colored stones and dividing into new tribes that way, with the green stones being a surprise for everyone.  But what seems more likely, given the episode title ("Your Job is Recon"), the draw will be 6 stones of their tribal color and 3 of the other, with everyone assuming that the 3 that drew the opposing color are being swapped to the other tribe.

But what I'd like to see is the 6 people that are thinking they're being swapped go to a new location then be told they're forming the third, green tribe.  Which will come as a surprise to everyone at the IC.

From looking back in the thread to find out more about a 3rd tribe, I saw a couple of bits of hype from Peachy that we now have an explanation for.  Obviously there was the cyclone and mass evacuation on Day 2, which was the weather event that played a huge part.

On 6/15/2016 at 5:26 PM, LadyChatts said:

Speaking of new things to look forward to, Probst teases that there will be a fresh wrinkle when it comes to the hidden immunity idols. “We’re going to continue to evolve idols in Millennials vs Gen X, It’s super cool what we’re doing with the idols. I think the audience is going to get a chuckle out of it and they’re going to go, ‘Wow, that’s another great idea. How did they do that?’

This was referring to them hiding the HII inside a coconut, as we saw when David found it.  And I will admit, his prediction about the audience reaction was not entirely wrong in my case.  It is a good and amusing idea, and I do wonder how they did it.

New promo

This was part of the promo pics from Inside Survivor that may be about this twist:

108089_D17890b.jpg

I'm surprised with this theme they'd be doing a swap already.  We see the challenge, though it could be the RC (I can't tell if the idol is anywhere in the shots, and it seems kind of simple for an IC).  I do like the theory that 6 stay on GenX, 6 on Millennials, and the rest form a new tribe.  This seems like it's more than just a tribe swap or camp visit (because yes, tribe swaps are game changing, definitely-but it's not a big deal).

Edited by LadyChatts

It will be interesting if they do the six stay on each tribe, three from each tribe form a new tribe.  Depending on who ends up where we might see a tribe divided in half and they could end up risking a tie in the votes.

So it sounds like this is just a meet up (not a swap) this week between a few people from each tribe.  Whether it means something down the road or not we'll see.  Rumor has it the tribes swap at 15, with 5 members each.  I don't know how many are going to meet up from each tribe, but maybe that will be who ends up forming the new tribe down the road?

Looking at the press photos from the challenge, it appeared as though the millennial tribe was way out in front.  Could just be deceiving the Gen-Xers pull of a comeback.  If not, I hope Ken/Dave stick together and are able to get numbers on their side.  I don't outright dislike Bret/Chris yet but I know I will if they end up arrogantly running the show.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

So it sounds like this is just a meet up (not a swap) this week between a few people from each tribe.  Whether it means something down the road or not we'll see.  Rumor has it the tribes swap at 15, with 5 members each.

I don't think they'll do it like this.  Not enough inherent drama. 

Think of the way the two tribes have been portrayed thus far.  "Hard-working" GenX versus "easy-going" Millennials.  With 5 per tribe, one original group is guaranteed to get a numbers advantage in a swap in at least one tribe.  Which means they'll dominate the camp style and Pagong the other side come TC.  Which means GenX dominant tribes voting out the "laziest" Millennial, and Millennial dominant tribes "making" GenXers "do all the work" before voting them out.

But forming a tribe of 6 with 3 members from each original tribe, there is no numbers advantage.  Which means inter-tribal drama is a given both at camp and at TC.  Deals will be made, and lines will be drawn (as might rocks.)

That's just the speculation going around.  I just don't know if I see them doing a tribe swap this early, especially with this theme.  Will they want to break up the tribes this early?  Yeah, it'd be different than previous swap seasons.  I guess we'll wait and see.  Some people on Sucks originally thought that challenge seemed too easy for an IC.  Since my favorites are in the minority on each tribe, I'd much rather see them be the ones that end up on a new tribe in this scenario and be able to start fresh.  So I'm hoping it is, in fact, a swap, and that the speculation is wrong.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
Just now, CheetaraThunder said:

So if the bootlist is wrong, wonder where Zeke/Michaela end up and how they build them to make them worthy for next season return.

I had wondered if they were victims of a tribe swap and got booted that way.  But I can't believe, unless it was unusual circumstances, that that would warrant a return. 

• Love 1

I couldn't have been the only one cheering at seeing Probst almost taken out by a wave next week.  I guess even the water surrounding Fiji is tired of listening to him go on and on about Millennials and GenX.  Also humorous?  Will swimming in place during the challenge as Chris kept a strong grip on him.

So Lucy's actually going to talk next week?  

• Love 4

Well technically speaking the bootlist had Rachel, Mari and Paul all getting voted out before the merge and lo and behold this is what has happened.  So the bootlist still has a pulse, a very very feint pulse but it still there. Let's see who get voted out next week.

• Love 1

Most people called Rachel and Paul as pre-merge boots, with some saying that Mari would get booted for playing too aggressively. But to me, if a boot list is not pretty freaking accurate, then it is not a valid spoiler list. Cambodia had two names switched (and that was caveated as such when it was posted). This one is all over the map, so it is of no real use. Even if the groupings of pre merge and post merge boots is accurate, the order is not, so you can't trust any of the placements on that list. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, LanceM said:

Well technically speaking the bootlist had Rachel, Mari and Paul all getting voted out before the merge and lo and behold this is what has happened.  So the bootlist still has a pulse, a very very feint pulse but it still there. Let's see who get voted out next week.

Er - 40% of the cast is listed as getting voted out pre-Merge, so the chances of hitting correctly on THAT are a shade less than even odds.  :)

4 hours ago, ForeverAlone said:

Most people called Rachel and Paul as pre-merge boots, with some saying that Mari would get booted for playing too aggressively. But to me, if a boot list is not pretty freaking accurate, then it is not a valid spoiler list. Cambodia had two names switched (and that was caveated as such when it was posted). This one is all over the map, so it is of no real use. Even if the groupings of pre merge and post merge boots is accurate, the order is not, so you can't trust any of the placements on that list. 

+1

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ForeverAlone said:

I have to think that Zeke and Michaela not only go deep in the game (though I don't think either wins), but also provide some good gameplay or very entertaining TV. 

Considering that Michaela is shown going deliberately topless during the challenge, I think we finally understand why she's getting the second shot.  Or at least  a couple of reasons...

• Love 3
(edited)

Well according to the people over at sucks the instagram post made on Adam's account about his mother occurred on what would have been day 15 which means if Adam did make that post he is most likely leaving this next episode or possibly the one after that.

Edited by LanceM

Jeff's teaser for next week.  The ep is titled "Whose the Sucker at the Table", but the following week, the ep is titled "Idol Search Party."  That has me curious, especially after Jeff's comment about the idol find for next week:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/06/survivor-jeff-probst-millennials-vs-gen-x-episode-3

What can you tell us about next week, besides you almost wiping out courtesy of a monster wave?  
What do you mean besides that… that was one of the most epic moments of my career! Those waves were insane! It’s a really fun episode with a very emotional idol find. How’s that?

On 10/5/2016 at 7:34 PM, ForeverAlone said:

I have to think that Zeke and Michaela not only go deep in the game (though I don't think either wins), but also provide some good gameplay or very entertaining TV. 

They seem to be pushing that Zeke is worth paying attention to and rooting for. Many people are buying it. That may be reason enough. Personally, I can't stand the dude. Anyone who says he is angry with someone who went with the majority vote is a sore loser and a bad player. I mean, Lex was vilified for being upset at Rob in All Stars, and they had a relationship outside the game. Rob ridiculed him and said he had the right, because it was just a game. Many viewers agreed with him. Zeke doesn't even have that outside relationship to justify his pouting about Hannah. I thought I would hate the guy for being an annoying try hard. Instead, I hate him for being a petty human being and shitty player. I can't believe I have to watch him in two straight seasons. 

• Love 1