Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Hello and Goodbye

• Start Topic

Jai Rodriguez reunites the cast following Maddie and Mackenzie's last performance with the team.  Later, dramatic events from Season 6 are discussed; the mini moms talk about the future; the junior elite team performs; and last grievances are aired before Melissa's final goodbye.

I loved the host pulling up video footage after Jill claimed she never insulted Brynn. Why do people on reality shows always deny things they did on camera?

I can't believe I liked Jessalyn last year. She was terrible to everyone on this reunion.

Melissa is delusional. Abby did say she brought Brynn in to fill in for Maddie. It's not insulting to Maddie to say they are bringing in new dancers for the team.

It's really bad when Abby comes off as the most reasonable.

• Love 4

I don't know why Abby comes in late, looks like a slob, complains about her bra, etc., knowing the producers will gleefully show it all.  Her transformation after hair and makeup was stunning, though. She looked beautiful, though it does look like she's gained back a lot of the weight she lost. 

I have to admit, I teared up at the end when she wished Melissa and the girls well.  She's absolutely right that Maddie, talented as she may be, owes her fame and opportunities, in large part, to Dance Moms.

• Love 1

OMG...Melissa, STFU and LEAVE already!  How many more times do we need to see her tearful goodbyes?  How can we miss you (not) if you don't drag your ass and & ratty extensions out the damn door?

I see the tradition of hideous "evening wear" and Ru Paul's Drag Race style stage makeup & hair continues. And the mini moms are following suit.  Yikes.  Was this show sponsored by "Lace! Lace! Lace!"?  And some of these moms need to watch how low they go with those necklines.  A scoop or vee neck can be good for large breasted women, but deep scoops or vees are not your friend, (Jill).

Wow, Jess was extra shrill on this show  She almost sounded drunk.  Very slurry.

• Love 2

She's absolutely right that Maddie, talented as she may be, owes her fame and opportunities, in large part, to Dance Moms.

I think the problem is that the Moms and Abby never seem to realize that the opportunities they have depended on each other. Abby wouldn't be where she is now without Dance Moms and neither would the kids but each side keeps acting like that is not true.

• Love 8

My ears perked up when Holly was talking about the Kira pawning Kalani off on Melissa situation. Holly said 'but this is Dance Moms...it's about the mother daughter relationship' or something like that. So they aren't doing 'all this' to further their DDs in the dance industry? They are doing this just to be on a show about 'moms and daughters'? 'About moms'...therefore about them??? Moms exploiting their DDs to make money.

I guess this helps me understand Melissa more with her 'me and my daughters paved the way for these minis' and 'minis won't be Abby's legacy' 'nobody will ever replace Maddie' rants. It was bugging me because I was thinking that Abby taught dancers before Maddie and will teach dancers after Maddie and some of those surely have been or will be better dancers and more successful than Maddie. But really Abby stopped being a dance teacher when the show began and then she became a cast member on a show. But Melissa needs to realize Maddie, too, was a cast member on a show and actors get replaced on shows all the time. The show will go on...without the Zieglers.  

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Lamima said:

My ears perked up when Holly was talking about the Kira pawning Kalani off on Melissa situation. Holly said 'but this is Dance Moms...it's about the mother daughter relationship' or something like that. So they aren't doing 'all this' to further their DDs in the dance industry? They are doing this just to be on a show about 'moms and daughters'? 'About moms'...therefore about them??? Moms exploiting their DDs to make money.

I skipped this last night, but what should Kira have done? Come to LA with her newborn son so she could sit on the steps outside the studio to watch Kalani dance? Or leave the baby at home? Kalani is old enough now to be somewhat independent. If Melissa found her to be such a burden she should have said something directly to Kira rather than the other Moms. Honestly I have a hard time imagining Kalani as a pain in the neck to keep an eye on.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Clemgo3165 said:

I skipped this last night, but what should Kira have done? Come to LA with her newborn son so she could sit on the steps outside the studio to watch Kalani dance? Or leave the baby at home? Kalani is old enough now to be somewhat independent. If Melissa found her to be such a burden she should have said something directly to Kira rather than the other Moms. Honestly I have a hard time imagining Kalani as a pain in the neck to keep an eye on.

I suspect that Kira is one of those women who sent Kalani off without a dime or a dollar, and expected Melissa to cover everything because Melissa can afford it.  Because Kilani seems like a very nice young girl so I can't imagine her being a pain.  But after a while, when you're being expected to financially cover someone else's child its going to be annoying....even if you can afford it, because its not your responsibility.  Melissa was already doing Kira a solid by watching her child, and Kira shows her appreciation by......

And I'm not of the camp that you should have to pester someone to do the right thing.

• Love 5

I call BS on the whole show now! Abby not being ready is either Abby's way or acting out - or they got such a boost in ratings when she was acting foolish that they are playing it up.

I'm glad that Ashley gave Kenzie her due but Jess - sorry - you are no one's friend. Do we not remember the trip to Australia and how Jojo and Nia were left out of everything?  That in itself raises the point that Melissa made about her kids not knowing how popular they were until 2,000 people greeted them in Australia. Excuse me - but you've been making $$$ doing meet and greets for years and you've been overseas before. Please do not think we are so stupid to believe that BS. Your kids know their famous.

Then we now know why Kendall is still there - despite Jill going to leave - Kendall is now realising a new song followed by an album and re-release of her original song because she sings so much better now.

Another purposely placed faux pas - when Abby mentions Maddie being a judge on So You Think You Can Dance - old news - we've known about it.

What I do think was an actual faux pas by Jess was when she put her foot in her mouth - mentioning one of Abby's breakdowns was because a certain dancer - no longer with Abby had gotten a roll in a movie. I'm wondering if Lifetime went with Chloe for Dance Camp vs Maddie and that's why Abby was upset?

Center Stage will air on Lifetime on June 25th. The new movie Chloe is in - Cowgirls Story

The movie is a military drama inspired by Louisa May Alcott’s classic novel Little Women. The movie is about high school cowgirls whose parents are on duty in Afghanistan. 
Read more at http://www.realitytea.com/2016/05/11/dance-moms-alum-chloe-lukasiak-lands-movie-role/#w7mJR6qZAurOmTb7.99

She plays more of a goth character actually 3 yrs older than she is - so I'm waiting to see how good Maddie is vs Chloe when it comes to acting.

• Love 1

Oh you know Melissa LOVED being Kalani's guardian. She could have control over her, make sure she didn't supersede Maddie in anything, and be the poor put upon victim who is doing all this just for The Children. 

What is with Ariana's mom's face? Has she had a ton of work and then piles on a ton of makeup? She looks like she's styled herself like Michael Jackson.

Holly saying it's a Mother/Daughter show - exactly! Thank you! We'd love to see nothing but the girls dancing, but the original concept was on the Moms. 

48 minutes ago, tessat said:

What I do think was an actual faux pas by Jess was when she put her foot in her mouth - mentioning one of Abby's breakdowns was because a certain dancer - no longer with Abby had gotten a roll in a movie. I'm wondering if Lifetime went with Chloe for Dance Camp vs Maddie and that's why Abby was upset?

What I thought was the most interesting was Abby saying she wasn't allowed to talk about Chloe.

The new movie Chloe is in - Cowgirls Story

The movie is a military drama inspired by Louisa May Alcott’s classic novel Little Women. The movie is about high school cowgirls whose parents are on duty in Afghanistan. 
Read more at http://www.realitytea.com/2016/05/11/dance-moms-alum-chloe-lukasiak-lands-movie-role/#w7mJR6qZAurOmTb7.99

That is the most bizarre movie synopsis I've ever heard. Little Women, cowgirls, and the military? Those are things that don't normally go together.

• Love 3
(edited)

I've relied on you all for my news and recaps since I stopped watching after Chloe left. I've tried to separate the girls from their moms and not think about individual projects as one success being greater than others (except for their hilariously bad "singing" careers). But I must admit that imagining Jill's head exploding every time Chloe lands a legitimate job is especially satisfying. It sounds like Abby was pleased with the news. Oh, wait...  ;)

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 2

I'm sorry - Abby is delusional - she said Kendall has gotten better! Nope - but Kendall has launched a youtube site with streams - she sounds like a cat is dying - no improvement at all - bring back the auto tune!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR0lIBRRMUYbpSszB3tO1Uw

Also Abby had an after party - OMG - she's so clueless!

But - I'm surprised she can get away with how she's talking about production like this - lawsuit or cancellation waiting to happen.

Dear Jill,

I've seen every episode of this stupid show and I have no memory of Kendall being groomed to be the "next Maddie" (do we really need another one?).  You are delusional and a loud mouth.  Shut up.

Love, Limecoke

Dear Melissa,

Everyone is replaceable.  Shut up.

Love, Limecoke

Dear Abby,

Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, and Chloe.  There.

Love, Limecoke

• Love 10
On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Lamima said:

I guess this helps me understand Melissa more with her 'me and my daughters paved the way for these minis' and 'minis won't be Abby's legacy' 'nobody will ever replace Maddie' rants. It was bugging me because I was thinking that Abby taught dancers before Maddie and will teach dancers after Maddie and some of those surely have been or will be better dancers and more successful than Maddie. But really Abby stopped being a dance teacher when the show began and then she became a cast member on a show. But Melissa needs to realize Maddie, too, was a cast member on a show and actors get replaced on shows all the time. The show will go on...without the Zieglers.  

What career does Nia have? I don't know why Holly is still there. Unless it's money

• Love 2

I think it's very easy to grow used to and fond of all the attention too, as much or more so than the money. Most of the girls wouldn't be getting that sort of attention in the dance world if not for the show. Nia gets a lot of positivity from fans, I expect that's hard for her to let go of, and Holly seems just as hungry for it. 

2 hours ago, hellohoping said:

I think it's very easy to grow used to and fond of all the attention too, as much or more so than the money. Most of the girls wouldn't be getting that sort of attention in the dance world if not for the show. Nia gets a lot of positivity from fans, I expect that's hard for her to let go of, and Holly seems just as hungry for it. 

I agree with this.  I remember reading an interview with Holly back when Nia had that tough season w/ Abby -- I think it was season 5 where Abby was going off about managing the girls but Nia went ahead and did her own video.  Anyway, Holly acknowledged the nastiness but said Nia was staying for "the opportunities."  I think all of them hope to have the Maddie experience of being snatched up by a star like Sia, and getting a top agent like WME.  And I think that's why they are staying.  I think most of them love to dance too -- except Kendall who truly looks like she is phoning it in.  Maddie was right when she said Jill wanted it more than Kendall.  I think Kendall likes the attention, living in LA, going to events, but does not love dance or performing.  Also, the girls are all pretty isolated right now -- they are all homeschooled and spend most of their time together, unlike the first few seasons when they all went to school, had different friends, did different activities, etc.  I've read that most of them are training w/ different teachers in LA, in addition to dancing for Abby, and that's good -- Maddie in particular has improved a lot, it's clear she is training w/ some good people.  Kendall seems like she is only dancing for the show, not in class enough -- she's getting worse.    

I really couldn't handle how rude Melissa was to (I forget her name) the mother of the child with CP. "I'm sorry about your life, but this day should be about MY GIRLS!" All said in such a nasty, thoughtless way. As if there would be no more chances for the Zieglers and Abby to have some special moments before leaving, or that a little attention directed at someone else was the ruination of her girls' entire careers at ALDC.For me, this was the epitome of disgusting behavior in a show that was full of it.

• Love 6