Type keyword(s) to search

Upcoming Episode Previews

• Start Topic

(edited)

Mod Note: Feel free to discuss all upcoming episodes in this thread, not just next week's preview. Spoiler tag book information where necessary.

These will be coming in all through the coming week.  All Spoilers for next week's episode, of course.  This is the first one I've seen. DIscuss!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZd7okKkGmI

Edited by Mya Stone
Making the thread content more clear
(edited)

I cannot wait for the GIF of Joffrey dancing (or whatever the fuck that was at 0:06).

(And I'm guessing that little ragweed pin-dick is waving around the second sword that Tywin had made from melted-down Ice.  :(  )

Is that Shae slapping Bronn?  Things getting dicey on the homefront for Tyrion.  And Sansa looks so...I don't know, odd, when she says 'We have a new queen.'  Like she's going to faint, or something.  From sheer relief, maybe! 

Edited by joliefaire

From the Sunday Morning Herald in Sydney, Australia, on Episode 2:

PAY TV

Game of Thrones, Showcase, 3.30pm and 7.35pm

There is no doubt boy-king Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) is a vile, sadistic, murderous little psychopath. But for sheer, nightmare-inducing depravity, there is no matching Ramsay Snow (Iwan Rheon). Last season, we saw Ramsay flaying bits of Theon Greyjoy (Alfie Allen) before finally slicing off his most prized appendage. Tonight, he does even worse to a complete innocent. Ramsay does the things he does not for any personal or political reason, but just for the love of torture. And this is chillingly evident in the way Rheon plays him: composed, in control, utterly unreachable, but with eyes full of delight where you might expect to see nothing. Most of tonight's action, however, takes place down in King's Landing, where Joffrey is finally to be wed to Margaery (Natalie Dormer). Joffrey being Joffrey, he has arranged certain entertainment specifically to humiliate his uncle Tyrion (the marvellous Peter Dinklage) and to twist the knife in Sansa (Sophie Turner). Another brilliant episode.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-guide/monday-april-14-20140409-36brb.html#ixzz2yQCMXqtt

At .28, that's Tommen sitting up in bed, looking startled.  Probably someone has just snuck into his room and it scared him.  I'm guessing it would be Cersei, that maybe now that Tywin has apparently taken control of the boy, the only way she gets to see him is to sneak into his room at night.  (What a family, the Lannisters!)  Or, it might be Margaery, making nice and settling in for a pal-to-pal chat?

I lightened the image and took some of the blue tone out of it to make it more visible.

yHlylZB.jpg

I caught that little snippet too Joliefare, I made the assumption that it was Margery. However since Tywin asked him last episode if he knows about the "birds and the bees" it could also be a woman hired to "initiate" Tommen.

I am also curious about Cersei asking Jaime about bringing her Sansa's head..

I am also curious about Cersei asking Jaime about bringing her Sansa's head..

^^ This.  To me, anyway, that seems to come in the middle of a conversation.  I imagine she's complaining that he's changed--that once, he said he'd kill everyone in the world until he and she were the only ones left, if that was what it took for them to be together.  But, now?  Would he even do her a little tiny favor and bring her Sansa's head?  Things have changed for good between them, and IMO, this is the conversation that makes that clear.

I also caught that she doesn't say 'if I asked you,', she says:  'If I told you to leave the palace right now...'   Ha!  Boss lady be givin' orders, but nobody be listenin' !!

Since Cersei sees Jaime as less capable now, I wonder why she would think he could bring her Sansa's head ? We the audience know that Jaime is training with Bronn to regain some of his fighting skills but she doesn't. Yet she thinks he's still has enough skill to not only kill Tyrion but Sansa too.

^^  Yes, this is the episode.  The scene was described as too 'violent, disturbing, disgusting.'  (Ha, someone over at WiC guessed 'Littlefinger and Lysa having sex?')

Your guess is that it will involved the Night's Watch?  My guess is that it will involve the Mountain.  I think the show will want to introduce their new big guy in a very dramatic fashion.

(edited)

Here's the 'previously on' recap, which gives us a good indication of what's coming up for the next episode.  Yay, Yara's coming for Theon!  And I assume they included clips of Merwyn Trant, Pycelle the Weasel and of Varys to mean we're going to see them testify against Tyrion.  And, Stannis!  Davos!  Braavos!  Mycroft!  Is it Sunday yet? 

Edited by joliefaire

^ No question in my mind. Of course they wouldn't include that in the promo. 

Someone at NeoGAF said this episode should be called 'Really Big Chairs.'  Its funny, but also interesting   We see all the Big Chair people, a judge, a banker and a queen, all being addressed by Not-Big-Chair people.  Interesting juxtapositions, there.

^ (More book talk) 

Its been many years since I read the books, but  I still remember how truly awful Shae's testifying against Tyrion was.  Just made me squirm, feeling his terrible humiliation.  I mean, he's spent a whole lifetime being smirked at and ridiculed anyway because he's a dwarf.  But then to have your private sex partner stand there in front of everybody and reveal intimate secrets... man, it was just taking a sledge hammer to his soul.  In the show, of course, she called Tyrion 'my lion of Lannister' but in the books it was 'my giant of Lannister.'  To have to stand there and hear that, with his sister smirking and people in court giggling... cripes.  Its going to be tough to watch, for sure. 

And hey, since your wife hates betrayal so much, you better watch YOUR step, lol !

• Love 1

Sorry, more book talk. 

In the 'previously on', we see Tywin eating--actually putting food in his mouth and chewing.  I don't believe we've ever seen that before.  And that makes me think the show is going to include the speculation that Oberyn is slowly poisoning Tywin.  I know some book readers never subscribed to that theory but I totally did, from the moment I read it, I was like 'whoa, he's being poisoned!!'  I wonder how, and how obvious (or not) the show is going to go with this theory. 

Any thoughts on this, anybody?

• Love 1
(edited)

What's interesting is that the same 'boiled leather' guy made the best case for why it is true. 

In the case for it being not true, Elio and Linda cite verbiage from Doran's POV, as to the long-term plans Doran and Oberyn had devised for ruining Tywin's life before killing him.  But, IMHO, that's just Doran's perspective, while at the same time Doran, and everybody else, talks about how Oberyn is/was a hothead, dangerous and unpredictable.  Seems perfectly in character, to me, that once in Tywin's presence Oberyn would be all 'f*ck it, I've got him right here and right now--he's going down!'

Anyway, whatever did or didn't happen in the books, I feel convinced that it will be true, or at least strongly hinted at, in the show.  We see Tywin eating, actually putting food into his mouth and chewing, something we've never seen before.  And, that action is apparently important enough that they put it into the 'previously on' recap.  We know the show uses those 'previously on' clips to point us to what's coming.  I can easily see the show having Tywin at some point put his hand to his stomach or saying something about not feeling well.  Just enough hints to suggest poison without actually confirming it.

In any case, it'll be interesting to see what the Unsullied reaction will be, if this all comes to pass! 

Edited by joliefaire
  • Love 1
(edited)

Good point, and yes, I'm very interested in seeing how (if at all) the show will address it.

Though

if Martin did intend for Oberyn to poison Tywin, it leaves Martin's grasp of anatomy and physiology to question if Linda is correct about how Tywin's bowels should have behaved.

Edited by GreyBunny

Interesting to see Dany in that preview way up on that throne, distant from supplicants - whereas before she was usually down amongst her people.

Chekhov's Door time already then. I prefer Lysa to Selyse, but I'm interested in Melly having some one-on-one time with the Mother of Jarbabies even if no one else is.

Re-re-cast character in a 5-sceond, context-free scene.  I'm not sure how the casual viewer is supposed to know who that was.  Since it's immediately followed by a Dany/Daario scene I initially thought the big guy was in Meereen.

From Wic, HBO has released the synopses of the final 3 episodes, airing in June:

Episode #38: “The Mountain and the Viper”
SUNDAY, JUNE 1 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT)
Unexpected visitors arrive in Mole’s Town; Littlefinger’s motives are questioned; Ramsay tries to prove himself to his father; Tyrion’s fate is decided.
Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Alex Graves.

Episode #39: “The Watchers on the Wall”
SUNDAY, JUNE 8 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT)
Jon Snow and the Night’s Watch face a big challenge.
Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Neil Marshall.

Episode #40: “The Children”
SUNDAY, JUNE 15 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT)
Circumstances change after an unexpected arrival from north of the Wall; Dany must face harsh realities; Bran learns more about his destiny; Tyrion sees the truth about his situation.
Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Alex Graves

From the 'Littlefinger's motives are questioned' in #8, that makes it pretty clear that

'only Cat' is going to happen in episode #7, this Sunday.

Sorry, more book talk. 

In the 'previously on', we see Tywin eating--actually putting food in his mouth and chewing.  I don't believe we've ever seen that before.  And that makes me think the show is going to include the speculation that Oberyn is slowly poisoning Tywin.  I know some book readers never subscribed to that theory but I totally did, from the moment I read it, I was like 'whoa, he's being poisoned!!'  I wonder how, and how obvious (or not) the show is going to go with this theory. 

Any thoughts on this, anybody?

Which previously was this in? The one for ep 6? I couldn't see it.

^ Yes, we just saw the scene--during the break in the trial, Jaime goes to Tywin to offer to quit the Kingsguard in exchange for Tywin sending Tyrion to the Wall.  Tywin is eating while they talk.  I just hope the show does include the hints that

Oberyn is slowly poisoning Tywin

.  It was one of my favorite 'I wonder...' bits in the book.

Oh it's in the preview. I was looking in the 'previously on'.
I see which scene you mean now.

By the way I love NCW's delivery on that line to Tyrion in the preview for ep 7.
He sounds so upset.