Type keyword(s) to search

Upcoming Episode Previews

• Start Topic

I see how each of those are relevant to the events of episode 8, except the Missandei / Grey Worm scene.  I guess there will be a "breather" scene with them developing their romance, in between all the actiony bits?

(edited)

Is the next episode going to be all about Castle Black, I really hope not, don't know if I can sit through an hour of that no matter how awesome the battle.

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Love 4

In past seasons, I have loved the episode 9 battles but as soon as I saw that this year it would be at Castle Black, I wanted to skip ahead to episode 10 too. Plus I have no interest in seeing the inevitable Jon Snow/Igritte reunion/fight.

All the hatred I'm reading everywhere about this episode is really hurting me.

THIS is the episode I've been awaiting for six years. I dont care about Tyrion. I want to see this battle ! It was one of the most visual and breathtaking things I've ever read and I am so excited it's gonna take place entirely at the Wall ! 

If the episode is done right, it may very well become my favorite episode ever ! "We are the Watchers on the Wall" ! 

Hopefully, there are still people who are excited by the episode but since the Wall storyline has always been the one that echoed the most in me while reading the books, its painful to read all those comments of hatred.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't think they've done a great job with the Wall story in recent seasons, but I am looking forward to it, and I'm somewhat thrilled to have a break from Tyrion jail scenes. I think the actors have it in them to do a brilliant job if the writing and directing are there. Hopefully the pacing will be on and it will be a good episode.

I'm glad the show is taking the risk, and I hope it pays off. 

As a fan who sometimes feels that all my favorite characters are hated by other fans, I share your pain.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 1

I personally have huge faith that this episode will set things right !

With an entire episode with those characters it can only be good for them and maybe make Unsullieds care about them. I hope all these characters get all one moment to shine or have at least one speaking-line, because it is an impressive list when you consider all the pov in all the camps :

NW :

- Jon.

- Sam.

- Dolorous Edd.

- Grenn.

- Pyp.

- Thorne.

- Slynt.

- Maester Aemon.

Wildlings south :

- Tormund.

- Styr.

- Ygritte.

- Thenn Warg.

- Gilly.

Wildlings north :

- Mance.

- Rattleshirt.

We have quite the list here, and if the show does this episode right, all of them (or all those who survive) can gain a lot of points in the viewers mind. So please, D&D dont screw this one up ! =D

• Love 2

I personally have huge faith that this episode will set things right !

With an entire episode with those characters it can only be good for them and maybe make Unsullieds care about them. I hope all these characters get all one moment to shine or have at least one speaking-line, because it is an impressive list when you consider all the pov in all the camps :

NW :

- Jon.

- Sam.

- Dolorous Edd.

- Grenn.

- Pyp.

- Thorne.

- Slynt.

- Maester Aemon.

Wildlings south :

- Tormund.

- Styr.

- Ygritte.

- Thenn Warg.

- Gilly.

Wildlings north :

- Mance.

- Rattleshirt.

We have quite the list here, and if the show does this episode right, all of them (or all those who survive) can gain a lot of points in the viewers mind. So please, D&D dont screw this one up ! =D

Over half those people have been completely relegated to featured extra status for most of the unsullied/unspoiled.

The only people the casual viewer is gonna care about are Jon, Sam, Ygritte, and Gilly (and even then not really Gilly, but Gilly for the sake of Sam.)

Really if you tried to bring up any of the others to an unspoiled person it would almost certainly be met with a "who?" Also "Thenn Warg" really? I don't even know (or care) who that guy is, and I've watched every episode like twice and read the books like 5+ times.

(edited)

Hm. About the Hound & Arya ambush, I would speculate that someone told Littlefinger about the newcomers, but he has no use for them and sends henchmen after them.

Varys is one creepy mofo, all right.

Cersei is losing it. (But Jaime gets laid again?)

The dragons get grounded.

Stannis/Mance has Jon's mouth hang open again.

Edited by ambi76
(edited)

How do we think the season will end? Lots of options but I'm guessing

Stoneheart

won't be one of them. Darn it.

Stannis arriving at the Wall? Or Jon being elected Lord Commander?
Tyrion getting on a boat? They wouldn't end it with Tywin getting shot, right?
Arya leaving (almost) dead Hound? Or Arya getting on a boat?
The dragons getting chained up?

We see Bran in the previews but I don't think his scenes will end the season. I don't think we'll see any more of Sansa or Littlefinger. Probably no more of the Boltons or Greyjoys either.

Who am I forgetting?

Edited by SilverStormm
Tagged book spoilers

I'm pretty sure this season will end like the previous three .... on Dany's storyline; so I am thinking

bones of the dead child are brought to Dany, she looks meaningful into space and the last shot is the dragons terrorizing the nearby towns by breathing fire.

Speaking of Bran's preview .... that shot of the weir wood/tree was gorgeous.

S1.  Dany rising from the ashes, cute little baby dragons clinging to her

S2.  WW / wight army approaching The Fist of the First Men and scaring the bejeezus out of Sam

S3.  Dany body surfing on the shoudlers of former Yunkish slaves.

S4:  Uhhh. 

It really depends if they're going to go for a "this is awesome!" ending or "holy crap clifhanger!" ending. 

My money is on the crossbow, followed by Tywin's incredulous "you shot me!" then him slumping over clearly dead.  I don't see them leaving Tywin's fate ambiguous, so they won't cut to credits right after Tyrion shoots.

S1.  Dany rising from the ashes, cute little baby dragons clinging to her

S2.  WW / wight army approaching The Fist of the First Men and scaring the bejeezus out of Sam

S3.  Dany body surfing on the shoudlers of former Yunkish slaves.

S4:  Uhhh. 

It really depends if they're going to go for a "this is awesome!" ending or "holy crap clifhanger!" ending. 

My money is on the crossbow, followed by Tywin's incredulous "you shot me!" then him slumping over clearly dead.  I don't see them leaving Tywin's fate ambiguous, so they won't cut to credits right after Tyrion shoots.

If they were going for a a "this is awesome" ending I would think you'd end

with Stannis arriving at The Wall

... otherwise I see them ending with

Dany's dragon eating the kid.

I don't see the show ending at the place indicated in your spoiler - but that's just me.   ;-)

Pretty sure the preview strongly hints at

the dragons being imprisoned and Dany looking back, heartbroken. I guess we will see that Drogon has refused capture, to bookend with his behavior in the premiere.

I have a feeling the last shot will be

Tyrion leaving King's Landing and Tywin's corpse being found

or

Lady Stoneheart.

• Love 1

Do we need spoiler tags in this topic?

Yes books spoilers need to be tagged in this thread, please take the time to familiarise yourself with the 'Game of Spoilers' pinned forum topic, if you are unsure before posting book spoilers.

(edited)

Sorry, guys, I thought anything goes regarding spoilers in this topic.  I apologize.  Thanks for adding the spoiler tags, SilverStormm.  You have no idea how bad I feel if I spoiled anything for anyone. :(

Edited by Haleth
(edited)

Extended Preview!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-zuF8caWZM

Significantly more spoilery than the other one.

Specifically the scene of Tyrion running down the corridor. I think it looks like Jaime with him.

If it is Jaime good thing he's getting some sweet action from Cersei this episode, those legs are gonna snap shut if she finds out he let Tyrion go.

Edited by SilverStormm
Tagged spoilery info.
  • Love 1

Joliefaire, somewhere upthread you referred to Joffery as the "rag-weed pin dick." I know this isn't an episode preview comment, but I just have to congratulate you on your deft use of the language. I'm snorting and hee-ing and I write. 

His hair is not looking as fabulous in s5, tbh. That's the main thing I got from those very short snippets.

The hair looks flat in general (and Tyrion seems to have become Sammy Hagar). I am going to guess that the Tyrells and the Boltons have come up with a fiendish plot to hoard all of the conditioner in Westeros. 

• Love 6