Type keyword(s) to search

Season 34 Spoilers & Rumors

loki567
  • Start Topic

On 5/10/2017 at 10:01 PM, LanceM said:

I am curious what it was that Sarah did at tribal council tonight that made Hali drop her from her #1 spot. I certainly didn't see anything but then again we are only seeing about 10 minutes of edited footage. Still though with a vote steal and now the legacy advantage I can see Sara winning her vote right back.  Not really surprised at the other picks. Zeke liking Sarah makes a lot of sense.  Same with Ozzy liking Andrea and Cirie.  I am a little surprised that Brad isn't Debbie's top choice at this point though I am sure it will be once Andrea is voted out.

Now that I think about it I wonder if Hali though Sarah was blindsided tonight by the vote giving Sarah's look of bewilderment as Sierra was walking up to Jeff with her torch.

I thought the jury left before the votes were counted.  They are often surprised with who arrives at Ponderosa.  Am I nuts?

10 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I thought the jury left before the votes were counted.  They are often surprised with who arrives at Ponderosa.  Am I nuts?

I don't think you're nuts.  I don't recall ever seeing the jury file out.  What I do remember is the almost military procedure about the 

Probst speaks, reads votes, calls loser up

Camera over Probst's shoulder shot of loser, tribe in back ground

Shot of loser looking back at tribe (or not) saying something or not.

Nobody moves in this time other than the one who has loss fire. 

This has to be so far from a "real time" experience.....and to get the jury out from the sphere of influence of the tribe that hasn't been kicked out just yet. 

I still get discombobulated when on Ponderosa they show the lovely speedboat cutting through the waves in broad daylight, and then stepping off the boat in total darkness.

38 minutes ago, wings707 said:

No, they stay, when there's a revote, or HII is played, you will see that they are there.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, LanceM said:

No surprises from SU tonight. As expected:

Andrea out 8th

Michaela out 7th

As expected, but two favorites in the same episode is gonna suck.

Wonder which Cirie is crying over in the preview, since she's close with both.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, it was good while it lasted.  I'm wondering it's idols and/or advantages that take them out.  And if it's at the same TC where they get thrown a curve ball and Michaela gets Jenny'd out (from CI, for those that never saw that season).

Seeing Sarah win against Brad and Troy (is he even on this season?) will make up for it.  Sort of.

I honestly hope some of the idols and advantages come out tomorrow night.  Sarah may not need hers (and can't use the legacy yet), but it'll be a depressing finale if everyone goes into it with advantages and idols to kick someone out of 6th and skate through to the final 5.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, enlightenedbum said:

Ideally Cirie does some dastardly plan to get some idols out and her closest ally and the only person who can beat her out.  At least that would be fun television.

Yeah, if two of my favs are going out, I kind of weirdly hope it's at the hands of my ultimate favorite.

• Love 1

I'd find it hard to believe if at least one idol doesn't get played.  Troy especially has to feel vulnerable.  If he wins immunity, then Tai might be feeling the heat.  

If that is the plan, it's still depressing to know that we're looking at a final 4 of Sarah/Troy/Brad/Tai (the latest combo I've been seeing).  

• Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I'd find it hard to believe if at least one idol doesn't get played.  Troy especially has to feel vulnerable.  If he wins immunity, then Tai might be feeling the heat.  

If that is the plan, it's still depressing to know that we're looking at a final 4 of Sarah/Troy/Brad/Tai (the latest combo I've been seeing).  

Yes it is and this is clear illustration of the reason to stop with so many idols and advantages!  It ruins the game in that good, solid strategies cannot work with all of these variables.  It leaves too much to luck.   Such a disappointing season.  Cirie never had a chance and there was the potential for her to get much further than she does.  She plays the game well by using her keen observation skills and being someone to trust and like paired with no II threat.  That should have worked well.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

Here Jeff only mentions one boot, so not sure when he springs it on them that two people are getting voted out. 

Yes it is and this is clear illustration to stop with so many idols and advantages!  It ruins the game in that good, solid strategies cannot work with all of these variables.  It leaves too much to luck.   Such a disappointing season.  Cirie never had a chance and there was the potential for her to get much further than she does.  She plays the game well by using her keen observation skills and being someone to trust and like paired with no II threat.  That should have worked well.  

I think the show just hopes moments like Malcolm's 3 Amigos idol play and Parvati's double idol play to save her tribe will strike again.  They want people talking.  Good or bad, they just want the moments.  Next season will probably be multiple idols with different powers at each camp, and the same person will probably find them all.  I have a feeling that seeing popular players like Andrea and Michaela go isn't going to the same reaction from viewers as JT getting himself voted out, or Phillip getting the boot.  If it is some moment like the above, I can already see Probst's stupid bewildered grin when he thinks what great TV this makes (and the fact that it's not his man crush Brad going home).  They need to either do idols or advantages.  The advantages are stupid and never work right, anyway.  Maybe Sarah can successfully use the vote steal, but Stephen could have, too, if he hadn't let his ego and pride get in his way.  That advantage is hard to screw up.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I think the show just hopes moments like Malcolm's 3 Amigos idol play and Parvati's double idol play to save her tribe will strike again. 

Yeah.  Unfortunately you cannot stage moments like this.  Monumental moments happen organically. They depend on personalities and chemistry, not idol or twist dependent.  

I believe it was Tom Colicchio from Top Chef, who said the following.  You cannot get usable feedback from the internet (this before the term SM was used), there are too many haters and trolls to get a feel for where we might improve or tweak the show.  Something to that effect.  I believe this; it makes sense.  So we, as viewers, are not heard and the reason why there is less enthusiasm for this once king of reality.  I cannot imagine this show without Probst so I usually refrain from trashing him.  I will make an exception here.  LOL!  Way too much happens in his head fed by his ego!  He is out of touch with what made this show so popular with us.  The original premise has been lost along the line.  And for fuck sake reel in the food rewards, what is the matter with you? 

They want people talking.

Yeah well, we are but are you listening? 

I have a feeling that seeing popular players like Andrea and Michaela go isn't going to the same....

Not sure how popular they are.  With some, sure, but not to the extent of many others. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
(edited)

Well, I'd argue they are more popular the people who may be the cause of their demise, if idols come into play.  Again, is there someone named Troy on this season?  If Cirie takes Michaela out, which the promo at the end of last week seemed to be possibly leading towards (and it's not like they like to make it suspenseful, anyway), Cirie may catch some heat for turning on her girl.  Cirie's a smart player, though, so hopefully whatever decision she makes is in her best interest.  I can't believe she'd stray away from Andrea and Michaela otherwise.  The clip of her and Tai makes me think she finds out about the idols.  Knowing about that and Sarah's vote steal, she may have no choice. 

Way too much happens in his head fed by his ego!  He is out of touch with what made this show so popular with us.  The original premise has been lost along the line.  And for fuck sake reel in the food rewards, what is the matter with you? 

Him and his damn moments!  I wish he'd just go back to old school Jeff.  One thing I do hope is that this is the last returning player season for awhile, at least until 2020 when the show hits it's 40th (!) season mark.

And for fuck sake reel in the food rewards, what is the matter with you? 

Yes, this.  I'm old school in that I like seeing more than just idol hunting, strategizing, challenges, and boom! suddenly we're at TC.  And yes, give them one freaking candy bar or piece of pizza.  They might as well just build a temporary restaurant and let them order from a menu.  I was watching HvsV recently, and I remember the banana etiquette episode with James.  He said if he was hungry he was going to eat a banana if he felt like it and he shouldn't have to ask permission.  Let them have petty fights over that stuff again.  I can't even really get into the contestants moments of shock and awe anymore either.  It just seems so forced.  How often is there not tons of food or creature comforts, or a tribe swap, or idols?   

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4

One thing I do hope is that this is the last returning player season for awhile, at least until 2020 when the show hits it's 40th (!) season mark.

If we go two seasons without a Hantz or Culpepper I'll be happy at this point.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

Not sure how popular they are.  With some, sure, but not to the extent of many others. 

A look at any social media shows that the majority seems to be rooting for Cirie, Andrea, Michaela, Aubrey and Sarah's side. They're not at, icon levels of popularity by any means (other than Cirie, of course), but they're easily on the popular side with the viewers this season.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, colorbars said:

A look at any social media shows that the majority seems to be rooting for Cirie, Andrea, Michaela, Aubrey and Sarah's side. They're not at, icon levels of popularity by any means (other than Cirie, of course), but they're easily on the popular side with the viewers this season.

Yes but how much of that is in reaction to this season and what has already gone down.  I don't think any of them will shine as favorites after this season wraps with the exception of Cirie.  Sarah will shine brightly because she wins (I believe she will). 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
On 5/15/2017 at 10:56 PM, colorbars said:

As expected, but two favorites in the same episode is gonna suck.

Wonder which Cirie is crying over in the preview, since she's close with both.

She probably betrays them and feels real bad about it wondering if will cost her . I seen a Spolier that has her finishing 6th so it's Possible Cirie helps ensure Brad Troy and Tai get Final 4 if Spoliers are true 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, wings707 said:

Yes but how much of that is in reaction to this season and what has already gone down.  I don't think any of them will shine as favorites after this season wraps with the exception of Cirie.  Sarah will shine brightly because she wins (I believe she will). 

But that wasn't what the post was saying at all. @LadyChatts's post was about this specific season. That the show keeps throwing idols and advantages out there in the hopes of creating big tribal WTF moments like they've had in the past. Except that viewers are likely to enjoy it less if the victims of these big moments are people they're rooting for, like they are Andrea, Michaela or Cirie this season, who might all end up falling victims to these moments the show is trying to create. I don't think their lasting legacy after this season is really the point.

3 hours ago, jay741982 said:

She probably betrays them and feels real bad about it wondering if will cost her . I seen a Spolier that has her finishing 6th so it's Possible Cirie helps ensure Brad Troy and Tai get Final 4 if Spoliers are true 

While I'm sure whatever she does likely ends up backfiring on her (though possibly not, she doesn't really have much hope either way with all the idols/advantages out there and her lack of physical skills), she seemed more torn up about a potential move, not the aftermath of a move or how what it will do to her game.

• Love 3
(edited)

Cirie might have not had a choice.  Risk going with Andrea/Michaela/Sarah (if she doesn't flip again), and have idols come out, and be told that you are the target.  Or turn against the only allies you have and go into the final few days completely outnumbered and hope for the best.  

I'm assuming Michalea and Andrea are targeted because they are bigger threats than Cirie and Aubry.  Cirie's a pretty dangerous player to keep around, but it seems like a toss up whose going 5th and 6th between the two ladies.  This probably paves the way for Sarah to flip back and drag the villains and the goats to the end with her.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Well, it's clear now how Tai gets to the final four.  He's got two idols in his pocket and only two more chances to use them.  I really thought he'd play one of them tonight just to be on the safe side.

• Love 5
(edited)

Just because I'm miserable tonight and am back to not liking Tai, I hope Brad screws him with the idols.  I've seen rumors where, at the final 6, Troy plays his idol, Tai plays an idol for himself and Aubry, Sarah uses the LA, and Cirie gets voted out by default.  I was thinking that was far fetched, and really thought we'd see at least one idol play tonight.  Now I'm thinking it's a reality.  Cirie really screwed her game over tonight, though.

I fully expected one or both of Andrea and Michaela to get idoled out.

I guess Sarah started making her case as winner tonight by talking about big moves, but I'm still somewhat wondering if Brad wins.  Sarah seems to be screwing a lot of people over.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 2017-05-08 at 5:10 AM, cherrypj said:

We don't know that Sarah wins: the winner is just speculation. 

How could one ever know who wins for sure?

Many people (and I'm talking about crew members) would know who got voted out at each stage. But, only the most senior (and therefore the highest paid) crew members would know who won the vote for winner. I can't imagine that any of those people would risk their high-paying jobs and blurt out the name of the winner.

I would imagine they get paid a whole lot of extra money just to keep the secret. Don't you think?  So, I have never believed anyone who claimed to know who won the vote for the million dollars. Sorry. But that is just not believable.

Of course if Tai and Debbie ever should get to the Final 3, then I would be prepared to accept that those two were the ultimate goats and the 3rd person would win. I can't imagine any number of people voting for either Tai or Debbie.

But, what about you?

Edited by MissBluxom
(edited)

It is not that the people who work in production are talking it is the players themselves who are talking. This is the exact reason why we have had a prefect bootlist so far this season and why the final 3 has been leaked for months now.  The players have talked. This is the case pretty much every returnee season. It is not a coincidence that returnee seasons are always the one most spoiled.

I think Sarah cemented her win tonight. I can't see either Brad or Troy pulling the upset. Yeah she is backstabbing people  but it is already being hinted at that the jury is going to vote for gameplay and not on emotion. I am actually enjoying Sarah this season so I am happy.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm still a little nervous it could be Brad.  He's got the ultimate underdog story.  Started on top, fell to the bottom, kept defying the odds despite his name being mentioned, then had things turn back in his favor, and can pin the dirty work on Sarah, saying he never betrayed anyone and was honest with them.  Except throwing Tai under the bus and voting for him, which Tai seems to have forgotten about.

I do hope that Sarah already trying to sell the jury on move making, combined with hearing Tai and Troy talk about building up their resumes (god I hate that phrase), is foreshadowing that moves win, and that Troy is either going to get ignored, or reamed out for not doing anything except having an idol and following Brad.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4
(edited)

So I just watched all the bonus clips from the jury tonight and needless to say Sarah is going to steamroll the competition in the final three.  I mean sure I guess anything can happen the next few votes but as of now the only one of the jury not on the Sarah train is, shockingly, Debbie who is still hitching her vote to Brad.  Cirie and Aubry also got high marks from the jury as well.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, it definitely sounds like Sarah's got this, so those jury videos made me feel better.  The only people who look to be voting for Brad are Debbie and Sierra, but Sierra's more of a wild card.  Debbie seems to be looking to vote for Brad more because of the bond they had.  

I had wondered about Tai, but he talked about making moves tonight and voting for the person who played the best game.  So he could be a Sarah vote.  Especially if Brad does end up screwing him over with the idols next week.  Brad doesn't really have a good argument to Tai about the women betraying him, because it was only Michaela and Aubry who voted against him this week.  

I just realized, they don't do the day after videos anymore.  I liked those.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I just realized, they don't do the day after videos anymore.  I liked those.

Really?  They had them for the pre-merge boots.  Did they just stop when the jury started?

42 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Yeah, it definitely sounds like Sarah's got this, so those jury videos made me feel better.

45 minutes ago, LanceM said:

So I just watched all the bonus clips from the jury tonight and needless to say Sarah is going to steamroll the competition in the final three.  I mean sure I guess anything can happen the next few votes but as of now the only one of the jury not on the Sarah train is, shockingly, Debbie who is still hitching her vote to Brad.  Cirie and Aubry also got high marks from the jury as well.

It was actually telling that all three women left are the ones in high esteem, while all three of the men left are basically afterthoughts.  Looks like Brad, Tai, and Troyzan's best chances were against each other.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

They have the Ponderosa videos for the Jury members. You can find them on the CBS site and YouTube.

I don't see them on CBS.  I will try YouTube but I am very curious as to why the elude me on CBS. 

I am so disappointed with Circie, she had a shot at top 3 maybe.  Certainly not out next week which looks a certainty. Sigh

• Love 1
(edited)

They are buried at the bottom under the ads after the three episode that you can watch for free. They don't run very well for me so I look for them on YouTube Linking to the YouTube for Andrea

Edited by ProfCrash
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

Hi wings707, did you see the jury when Michaela was voted out and you can also see them when Michaela was walking out.

Not sure what you mean.  On the episode itself?  I will re watch.

Thank you @kassandra8286

(edited)

What exactly is a brand ambassador?  The new cast looks interesting.  Redmond thought it was going to be World 'a Apart 2.0 and looking at the occupations I think that might it.  If it's the politically divided tribes that's been floating around as a rumor also, I may sit this one out.  Howeve, I'm hoping it's World's Apart and that it is one of the best seasons ever (or better than the previous WA), mainly because I hate that cast as a whole and want their season overshadowed.

Sarah winning isn't a huge surprise, but there was still a small part of me who was nervous Brad would pull it off.  Unlike Troy's invisible edit (which he isn't happy about), Brad has some story going for him.  I'm sure it won't be a blow out vote, but I do wonder if it'll be a landslide.  Debbie right now seems to be the only one 100% behind Brad, and that could always change.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

If they insist on themes, why not come up with new ones?  It's always a repeat, and really, the first WA was terrible.  I just really hope they stay away from politics.  I use these shows to get a break.  It's bad enough how everyone has to try and play the angle of they're a brawn or a no collar, but politics?  Yikes.  

I am so ready for a newbie season, but I'm also hoping there aren't many obnoxious super fans talking about resumes, game evolution, and playing hard to the camera.  If so I hope they are blindsided early on.  Also, it's too much to hope for, but I hope to god there's not a million idols and advantages. 

• Love 1
(edited)

How about "Young'uns vs Old Farts"? LOL, at least it's original.

West Coast vs East Coast

North vs South - LOL, that could be funny if you think about it. Have them race around wearing hoop skirts and uniforms.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 1
(edited)

I doubt it is a political theme. That rumor seems to come up every other season in particular for season 33 but I just don't seem them doing it as it is just a really bad idea. I think The Worlds Apart 2 theme seems fairly likely. According to Redmond they were specifically looking at particular professions in the casting process which is apparently what they did for season 30.  

Oh and I think Sarah winning this season is a foregone conclusion based on the jury speaks videos and now Michaela's exit interviews where she states that had no bitterness at all towards Sarah and will be voting for the person that played the best game to win.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 4
On 5/18/2017 at 6:29 AM, cooksdelight said:

Culpepper has a net worth of $3 million. No way they are going to give him any money.

At the same time...Sandra had won Survivor once before HvV, and a group of returning players still voted her to win a second time.  And look how long she stuck around this time?  I figured she'd for sure be the first person voted out, but she stuck around for several votes before she got screwed over by the tribe shake-up.  I don't know if she would've still been around if that hadn't happened, but...you never know.

I'm taking some comfort in the people who haven't been wrong touting Sarah as the winner, and in hearing that the Ponderosa vids tend to be leaning in that direction.

• Love 1

Of the new potential cast, Roark has been on Max and Corinne's podcast and seems to be a friend of Corinne's, so....not sure if I want to root for her by association lol  I found Max more annoying than normal when it came to Hannah being on, but I did end up liking her in the end.  I wonder if Simone will be a member of the Wine and Cheese since she lives in NYC.

How about only child vs. youngest of three or more.  It would, at least, test some assumed behaviours.

Dog owners vs Cat owners-  if you could get them to leave their pets

Divorced four or more times vs. Married for at least ten years.

Grade School teachers vs. high school teachers-  easy for a series shot in summer

Helicopter parents vs whatever hippies are called now

PROBLEM:  the screeners might have to rethink their preconceived niches.

• Love 1