Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 04/11/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Raven: "It was a world win of changes."

Raven: "I'm speaking ENcryptically, but they know who they are."

Okay, I consider myself an educated and well-read person. BUT...just what the hell was Raven trying to say in that second sentence?

• Love 1

Okay, I consider myself an educated and well-read person. BUT...just what the hell was Raven trying to say in that second sentence?

I think she was going for cryptically and just added the EN. Joy was a teacher and surely must cringe on a daily basis.

I took it that Raven was trying not to name names. WHo knows.:-)

• Love 2

So funny about Raven. And to think that we have TWO cohosts who were "educated" on a tv set/sound stage! Their world views are sooooo limited.

Or "whirled" in Raven-speak.

• Love 2

Cryptic about what?

I cant recall the whole thing, but she was trying to be subtle (maybe? IDK) without mentioning a name of someone who did.... something... :-) I zone out when she speaks, but do catch her creative words that she makes up.

I just saw on the NBC Nightly News that Whoopi has started a cannabis based product line of lotions and bath salts. The Disney execs must be so proud.

She won't be back next season.

• Love 4

I just saw on the NBC Nightly News that Whoopi has started a cannabis based product line of lotions and bath salts. The Disney execs must be so proud.

She won't be back next season.

She announced her line on The Spew awhile back.

• Love 1

I saw the same news report earlier. I also highly doubt Whoopi would announce such a venture if she were returning next season. She will often spew her stern opinions on live TV but she has smart enough handlers to advise her in business matters. I'm all for legalization & pot therapy but I doubt Disney & Co. feel the same.

• Love 4

I cant recall the whole thing, but she was trying to be subtle (maybe? IDK) without mentioning a name of someone who did.... something... :-) I zone out when she speaks, but do catch her creative words that she makes up.

Okay I just watched that segment, and that was some major passive aggressive shit she was throwing around. The topic had to do with whether you would leave the state or country to be with the man/woman/spouse, etc. And Raven wouldn't say what state she moved to or what state her girlfriend or boyfriend at the time moved from-as if speaking and voicing the names was like some big national SEKRIT. Please. Like anyone gives a shit or gives any fucks who moved from where or to where. And that by saying it would reveal who they were, or that we would know. Encryptic my ass. I know she thought she was being so...I don't even know what she thought she was being, but she looked and sounded stupid and bitter. And the phrase is "sense of security," not "sense of stability." Maroon.

Joy, as always, was hilarious.

Regarding the "how many times should a couple have sex" to determine enough that you are happy? They all think once a week is enough? Hell, if it were me, I'd say as many times in a week as possible!

But that's just me.

• Love 3

I just got around to watching today's show that was made up of all "after the view" clips.

I'm surprised how much I liked it all.

Maybe because I've never been able to figure out actually where and how to WATCH "after the view."

I've tried, but I must be doing something wrong.

Edited by ChiCricket

I think Whoopi was in just one of them..where her daughter Alex talked about having to share her mother with the world when she was just ten, when Whoopi got really famous.

Edited by ChiCricket

Raven has always says she googles herself - she must realize she is not really a favorite on this show and needs to grow up and act like a 30 year old rather than a brat.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 4

I just got around to watching today's show that was made up of all "after the view" clips.

I'm surprised how much I liked it all.

Maybe because I've never been able to figure out actually where and how to WATCH "after the view."

I've tried, but I must be doing something wrong.

Just type www.theview.com I think and it opens up all the videos on the site, and look for the ones that say "After Show."

• Love 1

Just type www.theview.com I think and it opens up all the videos on the site, and look for the ones that say "After Show."

Well, dang, that was easy....thanks!

I'm especially looking forward to watching them because I think they're usually a Whoopi free zone. She bugs.

• Love 1

And I wd add, botox, eye lift, and a good face lift to Donny's fountain of youth. Just slight upkeep.

Sorry don't know what happened - this refers to the Donnie Osmond conversation about how good he looks.

I concur, he looks good and he looks fake.  He and his sis must go to the same doc.  They look good, but her lips are hilarious and he is not a 58? 60? year old person.

There comes a point folks when the chickens come home to roost - to quote grandma!!!

I was sorry to read about Patti Duke's troubles throughout life, but I loved that she was brave enough to be an older woman who looked the way she looked, and that was damn fabulous.

It makes the folks who feel they have to go the plastic route look increasingly mannequin like.

• Love 5

I've been "View Free" since Monday.

I'm doing really well and  no reason at all to watch these taped shows. Just checking the snark here

Ah, Vinyasa, I have been View free (ok, I watched part of one show) since May 2015.  I regained my life, my blood pressure is under control and I still read the comments from those with the fortitude to watch whatever the hell this show is supposed to be.  I sounds like even Joy is unable to defeat the tide of stupidity  all the time.

How in heaven's name is this mess still one the air and who in tarnation is their target audience???????????

'Cause I really don't get it.

• Love 4

the after view shows usually are a lot of fun.

raven seems bitter more then anything.

I would agree with stupid, and add narcissistic, immature, and angry when others don't agree with her, but why bitter?

I'm guessing cuz the world doesn't kiss her ass as an child actor icon? Idk. Thanks.

• Love 2

I would agree with stupid, and add narcissistic, immature, and angry when others don't agree with her, but why bitter?

I'm guessing cuz the world doesn't kiss her ass as an child actor icon? Idk. Thanks.

I say also bitter because it sounds to me, each and every time she talks about refers to her relationships, that she was the one who was dumped; that it was the other person who ended the relationship. There's something that's just...off. Or maybe it's me. I don't know. She gives off the sense and entitlement of 'Look at me now! Aren't you sorry? Eating your heart out?' vibe.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Raven has always says she googles herself - she must realize she is not really a favorite on this show and needs to grow up and act like a 30 year old rather than a brat.

They are just haters, don't you know!

• Love 3

Ah, Vinyasa, I have been View free (ok, I watched part of one show) since May 2015.  I regained my life, my blood pressure is under control and I still read the comments from those with the fortitude to watch whatever the hell this show is supposed to be.  I sounds like even Joy is unable to defeat the tide of stupidity  all the time.

Wow!

I went semi "View free" when Rosie Perez started.  I did watch again when they started phasing her out and  I left when RO left. So I missed the Raven, Michelle and CCB tryouts.

Will see what next season brings. I'll bet money on Sunny.

• Love 2