Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 04/11/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I flipped between today's show and something else. I finally gave up on watching "The Shark Tank Spew" because it was annoying me to see how giddy some of the Sharks were over making so much money from other people's ideas while the inventors were standing there kind of looking uncomfortable as each presentation went on.

• Love 5

It was an hour long commercial for Shark Tank. Don't bother.

It was an hour of the Shark Tank hosts and, therefore, basically another hour of Shark Tank this week. I don't even remember there being any Hot Topics.

Thanks for the heads up.  I don't like Shark Tank, so I'm totally fine deleting the recording.

• Love 2

Paula became a lot more understandable once she said she went to a Christian college.

Really? Huh. Does she think all those wonderful paintings of Christ, Saints, Mary, etc., were done by women? Because you know, that's a girrrrl's strength.

• Love 2

CBB just said on this pre-recorded episode that her brother Crazy Kirk was the first person to share their faith with her when she was young and that her whole family is Christian but that they all came into it at different times. She made it sound like her family wasn't always so into religion. They even showed a family pic of Crazy Kirk, CBB and their sisters.

• Love 1

I was not happy with Paula's bullshit about telling her son, "Art is not your strength". If a kid draws a picture , he's expressing himself. It doesn't have to be judged, it's a picture. And then telling him " art is not your strength, it's your sister's strength. Yours is sports" what is the message she's giving him? Don't ever try something outside your comfort zone? Don't do something just for fun, unless you excel?

I felt sorry for her son when she said that. Why can't kids be encouraged to draw, or sing, or do anything they enjoy, just because a sibling does it better?

THIS ^^^^^^

I watched a few minutes of yesterday's show before I was transported back to the 50's, cuz the lady from Shark Tank stated several times that she didn't think women at at a disadvantage in business. Joy mentioned glass ceiling, but the woman just poo-pooed that idea. It's just kvetching by women. She went on to say that women were better at business entrepreneurship because they're smarter.

Too bad none of the hosts had stats to refute her, but that wd require preparation. Or common knowledge. I couldn't delete fast enough. WTF?

• Love 2
backformore

I was not happy with Paula's bullshit about telling her son, "Art is not your strength". If a kid draws a picture , he's expressing himself. It doesn't have to be judged, it's a picture. And then telling him " art is not your strength, it's your sister's strength. Yours is sports" what is the message she's giving him? Don't ever try something outside your comfort zone? Don't do something just for fun, unless you excel?
I felt sorry for her son when she said that. Why can't kids be encouraged to draw, or sing, or do anything they enjoy, just because a sibling does it better?

I learned to play my father's favorite song on the piano. I was excited to surprise him. He listened and said, "That doesn't sound like the record. "

I was nine.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 10
(edited)

I felt so bad for her son and all her kids when she shared how she raises them. If she keeps treating them like that they could end up being at odds and jealous of one another or her son jealous of his sister because it kind of came across like she's more encouraging to her then him. Who knows how the youngest will turn out since the other two are older and closer together in age.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4

Did y'all know that Graceland and Disneyworld are the new social media? This is show is so informative. So if you want to write on someone's wall, go to Graceland-just carve that shit right on Elvis's walls.

"Joy also mentioned Sheryl Sandberg's Lean In, but she called it Lean Forward.  And Joy is the most informed of the hosts!"

Oh dear, I didn't catch that gem. "Lean Forward" sounds like the male chauvinist version of this book-guess we can be thankful that she didn't call it "Bend Over". Joy disappoints me daily.

"I learned to play my father's favorite song on the piano. I was excited to surprise him. He listened and said, "That doesn't sound like the record. "

I was nine."

I am sorry that happened to you. I was also raised by assholes so I understand.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 5

Shark Tank is terrible and the dragons are greedy as hell. Dragon's Den on the Canadian channel CBC is much better. Yes, they're in it to make money but they aren't as selfish about it. Robert, IMO the worse Dragon the show ever had wasn't as bad as he is on Shark Tank. Kevin wasn't as bad either. But when they went to Shark Tank they became intolerable.

I watch Dragon's Den, Shark Tank no.

• Love 2

Shark Tank is terrible and the dragons are greedy as hell. Dragon's Den on the Canadian channel CBC is much better. Yes, they're in it to make money but they aren't as selfish about it. Robert, IMO the worse Dragon the show ever had wasn't as bad as he is on Shark Tank. Kevin wasn't as bad either. But when they went to Shark Tank they became intolerable.

I watch Dragon's Den, Shark Tank no.

I've never watched Dragon's Den. I agree about how greedy the Sharks are on Shark Tank. Each year they seemed to get worse especially after they added Lori Greiner who I don't like. I quit watching as much once she came on and quit watching pretty much all together a couple seasons ago. I started feeling so bad for the people bringing their ideas in and having to give these people who are already rich enough so much percentage wise in their companies. 

I've seen people belittled on both Shark Tank & Dragon's Den, so I don't watch.

That too. It shocked me at times how nasty they could be with people who weren't being that way to them. 

• Love 1
I was not happy with Paula's bullshit about telling her son, "Art is not your strength". If a kid draws a picture , he's expressing himself. It doesn't have to be judged, it's a picture.

This still resonates from 40something years ago -- we had to paint a scene from our favorite book in fourth grade. We were like 10, so no one was great, except one kid named Allen, who was very talented, a prodigy, I think, in retrospect.

When our pictures were displayed, they were all "enhanced." The teacher had asked Allen to retouch them and put in details and make them better. Even at that age, I could see that mine definitely was a better picture after Allen had added his touches to it. I'm sure it did wonders for Allen's ego. But the messages were clear: "Your creation wasn't good enough" and "it's not your picture anymore." I hope that Paula's kids are stronger than that, but it really wasn't, shall we say, an encouraging moment in my life.

As an adult: I should look up Allen and see if he made anything of his artistic talent.

And: I'm a graphic designer now, but I still can't draw freehand.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 9

Was Raven high on something today? Everything was just so funny to her. Her giggle drives me crazy.

That was my first thought abt Raven, and I only watched 5 minutes so far.

• Love 1

just finished watching Wednesday's show. Was the theme "male narcissists and the women who kiss their asses"?

So true! John Cena yesterday and today Donny!

And I wd add, botox, eye lift, and a good face lift to Donny's fountain of youth. Just slight upkeep.

However, I would have loved to see CCB and Donny debate which of their faiths are more correct in God's eyes, and who is delusional or going to hell. . But CCB wasn't there today. ..Sunny, Raven, Joy, and Whoops.

Skip the show today. Cooking segment waste of time. Topics like open marriage, and I forget what else even tho I just deleted it.

• Love 3

This still resonates from 40something years ago -- we had to paint a scene from our favorite book in fourth grade. We were like 10, so no one was great, except one kid named Allen, who was very talented, a prodigy, I think, in retrospect.

When our pictures were displayed, they were all "enhanced." The teacher had asked Allen to retouch them and put in details and make them better. Even at that age, I could see that mine definitely was a better picture after Allen had added his touches to it. I'm sure it did wonders for Allen's ego. But the messages were clear: "Your creation wasn't good enough" and "it's not your picture anymore." I hope that Paula's kids are stronger than that, but it really wasn't, shall we say, an encouraging moment in my life.

As an adult: I should look up Allen and see if he made anything of his artistic talent.

And: I'm a graphic designer now, but I still can't draw freehand.

This is one of the worst things a teacher can do (short of criminal activities). I just can't imagine how someone in good conscience can perpetrate something so harmful to a child. These things stay with us forever. (It might be fun to Google your old teacher. Perhaps karma caught up with her?)

• Love 2

The reason Joy was tired, Ari is that she was probably already having a bad day & then had to stay for yet ANOTHER taping, maybe even 3 that day. I would be haggard & pissed if I had to spend that much time interacting with coworkers that I have to pretend to like. Plus, she likely already knows who will & won't be back next season. That has to put a damper on things, and it's no secret that Joy has little tolerance for filler.

Oh, and I'm not watching this crap this week either.

• Love 5

The reason Joy was tired, Ari is that she was probably already having a bad day & then had to stay for yet ANOTHER taping, maybe even 3 that day. I would be haggard & pissed if I had to spend that much time interacting with coworkers that I have to pretend to like. Plus, she likely already knows who will & won't be back next season. That has to put a damper on things, and it's no secret that Joy has little tolerance for filler.

Oh, and I'm not watching this crap this week either.

Joy is my fav and I was a little worried.

• Love 4

Yesterday's Hot topics bugged me.   They start with an article in Pschology Today which "debunks"  popular myths about sex, and urges psychologists/therapists to look at their own pre-conceived notions about sex. 

SO the women of The VIew, basically AGREE that these "myths some therapists have about sex"  should be debunked, but yell and scream about the myths and the article.  Miss Whoopi even does her mocking "valley girl"  voice to talk about therapists. 

Example -  the article names "casual sex is bad"  as a "Myth some therapists have about sex",  and Whoopi starts yelling about how "Casual sex is bad"  is a ridiculous statement! 

But, Whoopi -  that's the point of the article you were quoting.  The article wasn't research, it was an opinion of a psychologist.  He was just writing - here are some myths about sex and relationships that a lot of people, including therapists, might believe. So - if you're looking for a therapist to work on relationship issues, you might want to make sure you find a therapist who accepts your lifestyle.     There was no need for Whoopi and Raven to yell, implying that the article was wrong, when they were AGREEING with it. 

• Love 5

I know, backformore, that Whoopi and her minion, Raven, do this frequently.

They love to get riled up abt some pseudo-issue (like open marriage, an idea talked alot about in the 70's, which they yelled about the other day), even though the open marriage article was not judgy--THEY WERE!

Whoops, in particular, lectures and , I swear, gets confused midway in her speeches, and forgets what side she is on or what she is taking about.

Raven can't elucidate to save her life, so there is typically silence after she talks while the other cohosts sit in confusion, cuz they don't know how to respond. And Raven sits there all puffed up with her arms across her chestesses, indignant and grumpy. Okay,then, time to play a game.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 6

Raven: "My friend used to go far and wide to get a perfume with endorphins in it." (I think she meant pheromones. )

Whoever taught Raven on the set as a child should be taken out back.

• Love 11

Yesterday's Hot topics bugged me.   They start with an article in Pschology Today which "debunks"  popular myths about sex, and urges psychologists/therapists to look at their own pre-conceived notions about sex. 

SO the women of The VIew, basically AGREE that these "myths some therapists have about sex"  should be debunked, but yell and scream about the myths and the article.  Miss Whoopi even does her mocking "valley girl"  voice to talk about therapists. 

Example -  the article names "casual sex is bad"  as a "Myth some therapists have about sex",  and Whoopi starts yelling about how "Casual sex is bad"  is a ridiculous statement! 

But, Whoopi -  that's the point of the article you were quoting.  The article wasn't research, it was an opinion of a psychologist.  He was just writing - here are some myths about sex and relationships that a lot of people, including therapists, might believe. So - if you're looking for a therapist to work on relationship issues, you might want to make sure you find a therapist who accepts your lifestyle.     There was no need for Whoopi and Raven to yell, implying that the article was wrong, when they were AGREEING with it. 

Hahahaha!  Maybe Whoopi and Raven don't know what 'debunked' means. But like Tosia pointed out this happens often enough that I really wonder if Whoopi even listens to herself reading the words she's reading off the teleprompter? 

Raven: "It was a world win of changes."

Raven: "I'm speaking ENcryptically, but they know who they are."

LOL.  Raven playing herself isn't her strong suit; she really needs to stick to a script when on camera.  Did the others react or just blow it off?  

• Love 1

Hahahaha!  Maybe Whoopi and Raven don't know what 'debunked' means. But like Tosia pointed out this happens often enough that I really wonder if Whoopi even listens to herself reading the words she's reading off the teleprompter? 

LOL.  Raven playing herself isn't her strong suit; she really needs to stick to a script when on camera.  Did the others react or just blow it off?  

It seemed to me that they blew  it off.

:-)

• Love 2

I'm not able to watch After the View, so I enjoyed this show more than the other taped shows. Raven getting riled up about hotdogs... This is all you got, Raven. Even something that should be pointless enough to be on her level she still manages to get wrong. Only Whoopi could've thought this girl would be good for daytime.

Joy implying Candace might be cheating on her husband was the highlight.

• Love 6

I laughed when she said those things, but the others seemed oblivious .... I think they're "getting used to" her "language/verbiage".  LOL.

• Love 3

I'm not able to watch After the View, so I enjoyed this show more than the other taped shows. Raven getting riled up about hotdogs... This is all you got, Raven. Even something that should be pointless enough to be on her level she still manages to get wrong. Only Whoopi could've thought this girl would be good for daytime.

Joy implying Candace might be cheating on her husband was the highlight.

Hee It reminded me of the old joke, "I go to bed at 8.... and I'm home by 11."  :-)

• Love 4

Raven: "It was a world win of changes."

Raven: "I'm speaking ENcryptically, but they know who they are."

So funny, ari1333!

Raven needs to stay away from big words, or fucking do her homework onthe topic before she opens her mouth. What a maroon.

• Love 7