Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Siegfried didn’t put the video together, by the way; Roy did it, or had it done, at some point. Presumably between the tiger attack & contracting COVID-19. I watched it yesterday; if you are/were a Siegfried & Roy fan, be prepared for tears or near tears.

The reason why I said Siegfried was because the post was signed by him.

Edited by BradyBunchFan
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, GreekGeek said:

That's a beautiful tribute, but it's a bit cringe-making to see Roy cuddling those tiger cubs like kittens (even though it was his profession), knowing what happened to him.

I liked seeing all of the celebrities in the tribute.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, praeceptrix said:

I know nothing about him or his work, but 35 is just too young! I suppose that dying in his sleep is a kinder way than some of the alternatives, but it's still too damned young. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

He was in The Good Fight and The Good Wife, among many other things.

• Useful 1
55 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Dying in one's sleep at 35 would be far far preferable to falling in the skilled nursing facility and breaking one's hip >>> death.  I'm watching my 3rd parent waste away in a LCF, and I wouldn't wish it on a wild boar.

1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

Amen.

It’s unknown what caused his death though.

• Love 1

Even though Mr. Christian's death appears to have been peaceful via happening in his sleep, it's rather startling to think that a 35-year-old could die in their sleep from 'natural causes'. I wonder if he may have had some kind of complication from weight. I feel very sorry for his family- especially his poor mother!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Even though Mr. Christian's death appears to have been peaceful via happening in his sleep, it's rather startling to think that a 35-year-old could die in their sleep from 'natural causes'. I wonder if he may have had some kind of complication from weight. I feel very sorry for his family- especially his poor mother!

You wonder if that’s really the case.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, praeceptrix said:

I know nothing about him or his work, but 35 is just too young!

While the headline led with his Emmy win, he was mostly known in the indie film world; he was a prolific producer, and also wrote, directed, and acted.  A friend of mine worked on "Fat Girls", which Christian wrote, directed, and starred in at just 19 (he'd done the same with several short films prior to that).  I saw it with her at Outfest in L.A., where it won an emerging talent award.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, Bastet said:

While the headline led with his Emmy win, he was mostly known in the indie film world; he was a prolific producer, and also wrote, directed, and acted.  A friend of mine worked on "Fat Girls", which Christian wrote, directed, and starred in at just 19 (he'd done the same with several short films prior to that).  I saw it with her at Outfest in L.A., where it won an emerging talent award.

And for those not familiar, here are all of the things that he did:

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm1101381/filmotype?ref_=m_nmfmd_act_flm

8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Dying in one's sleep at 35 would be far far preferable to falling in the skilled nursing facility and breaking one's hip >>> death.  I'm watching my 3rd parent waste away in a LCF, and I wouldn't wish it on a wild boar.

What's an LCF?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BradyBunchFan said:

Longterm care facility.

Thanks. Reason I ask is this was what happened to my father and now what may be happening to my partner very shortly. Not good. 

• Love 2
On 8/16/2020 at 2:05 PM, Blergh said:

Even though Mr. Christian's death appears to have been peaceful via happening in his sleep, it's rather startling to think that a 35-year-old could die in their sleep from 'natural causes'.

When I was in grad school, one of my classmates, a robust and active 27-year-old from Germany, died in his sleep from a brain aneurysm.  That was a "natural cause" of death, but certainly an unexpected one.  I've always hoped his passing was actually peaceful.  

• Love 7

When I was in grad school, one of my classmates, a robust and active 27-year-old from Germany, died in his sleep from a brain aneurysm.  That was a "natural cause" of death, but certainly an unexpected one.  I've always hoped his passing was actually peaceful.  

Hopefully peaceful for your friend and Mr. Christian.

4 hours ago, Inquisitionist said:

Hopefully it was peaceful for your friend and Mr. Christian.

16 hours ago, BetterButter said:

Man, so young!  RIP Chi Chi.  I will always remember her lip sync for your life of 'And I am Telling You, I'm not going' versus Thorgy Thor.  Probably one of my personal top 10 LSFYL on Drag race.  You could tell that once the song got going and Chi Chi got in the zone, even whoever was working the camera was wanting to keep it on Chi Chi was like... sure, ok....I'll throw Thorgy a glance or two.  LOL.

• Love 4

Jack Sherman, the guitarist who appeared on the debut album of American rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers, has died at the age of 64.

Sherman, who joined the band on their first US tour in 1984, also co-wrote songs for their second album.

The cause of his death has not yet been disclosed.

Sherman replaced Hillel Slovak, guitarist and founding member of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, in December 1983. Slovak returned to the band in 1985.

Sherman went on to contribute to the group's future albums The Abbey Road EP and Mother's Milk, as well as working with other prominent artists including Bob Dylan and George Clinton.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53873198

Edited by Hiyo
1 hour ago, UYI said:

Larry with Andy, Chaia, and their two younger brothers, Chance and Cannon, on the set of Larry King Live. 

That is pretty tragic to lose your adult children within a matter of weeks. And they were relatively young.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1