Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

I just hope they don't use Nicole as the curveball in whatever relationship Eric is embroiled in at the time, the way they are currently using Theresa to prop Breve.

It sucks that after all these years we still haven't had a good stretch of time where Eric and Nicole are just a regular couple.

Will her return overlap with JL's time on the show? I would really love to see Theresa and Nicole work through their mutual disgust over Brady and frustrations with having betrayed their friendship for him.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I just hope they don't use Nicole as the curveball in whatever relationship Eric is embroiled in at the time, the way they are currently using Theresa to prop Breve.

I would lol for days if Ron tried to use Nicole to prop Eric/Jennifer or Eric/new girl. I mean how fucking dense he would have to be to do that. It'd be hilarious.

• Love 2

I don't exactly miss Nicole, but I do like her, and would love to see her and Eric a couple.  But... I so hope she is coming back alone. I read over on the other site, that AZ said she wouldn't come back to Days unless Shawn Christian came back too.  And if Daniel is coming back, that may be the return that pushes me totally away from the show.  As it is, just knowing KM is coming back, has already lessened my interest.

Also over on the other site, they are speculating on who is leaving based on these Tweets.

• Love 2

Probably referring to Stephen Nichols. Unfortunately. Pretty much known that he's unhappy...

ETA: Reply says it isn't Stephen Nichols. Some are speculating Christopher Sean. But who knows?

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Probably referring to Stephen Nichols. Unfortunately. Pretty much known that he's unhappy...

ETA: Reply says it isn't Stephen Nichols. Some are speculating Christopher Sean. But who knows?

SN is pretty much confirmed. 

The CS rumour seems to be getting stronger, although not confirmed yet. I think it would be a huge loss to the young adult scene on DAYS. CS is one of the few actors who can act. It's shameful that he never really received "meaty" material to showcase his range; he's primed to take over BP for John in the future so I don't understand the rationale here. It does make me worry about Chandler, since the last time the show moved Will out of the adult scene (working with Ali, GG, JS, AZ, BD and DH consistently) and back into the teen scene and Sonny, it wasn't long until he became bored with the role. If they pigeon hole him back into WilSon again I seriously question his longevity on the show. CS was also a nice buffer between FS and CM. I don't think WilSon is the way to go here personally; but if they did intend to go that route they should hold off reuniting them for as long as possible so it's still a bad move imo. 

I just hope if it is him they leave things open for Will and Paul. Perhaps, they are having WilSon reunite temporarily and sent Paul on an extended mission. Thaao, who plays Andre left four months ago at the end of his contract this year and has since been recently spotted on set and at DAYS events with the cast so perhaps it's something similar. I hope it's not true since I want Marlena and John to have as many of their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren on the show as possible. 

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

SN is pretty much confirmed. 

The CS rumour seems to be getting stronger, although not confirmed yet. I think it would be a huge loss to the young adult scene on DAYS. CS is one of the few actors who can act. It's shameful that he never really received "meaty" material to showcase his range; he's primed to take over BP for John in the future so I don't understand the rationale here. It does make me worry about Chandler, since the last time the show moved Will out of the adult scene (working with Ali, GG, JS, AZ, BD and DH consistently) and back into the teen scene and Sonny, it wasn't long until he became bored with the role. If they pigeon hole him back into WilSon again I seriously question his longevity on the show. CS was also a nice buffer between FS and CM.

I just hope if it is him they leave things open for Will and Paul. Perhaps, they are having WilSon reunite temporarily and sent Paul on an extended mission. Thaao, who plays Andre left four months ago at the end of his contract this year and has since been recently spotted on set and at DAYS events with the cast so perhaps it's something similar. I hope it's not true since I want Marlena and John to have as many of their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren on the show as possible. 

They never really defined, Paul, outside of Will and Sonny, respectively. I always hated him being retcon as John's son.. John has 2 sons, in Eric and Brady. John's fawning over Paul has always gotten on my nerves.  I always wanted a story that reinforced John's bond with the twins.. My earliest Days memory, when I spoke no English was John as Roman, being a single dad, to Carrie and the twins..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They never really defined, Paul, outside of Will and Sonny, respectively. I always hated him being retcon as John's son.. John has 2 sons, in Eric and Brady. John's fawning over Paul has always gotten on my nerves.  I always wanted a story that reinforced John's bond with the twins.. My earliest Days memory, when I spoke no English was John as Roman, being a single dad, to Carrie and the twins..

Sonny himself isn't really defined outside of Will, all story that defined Sonny was tied to Will. Which was why FS was happy back in the day when CM was placed back into his orbit. Everything that defined Sonny was further retconned back in 2015 when everything Will was led to believe since they first met was proven false. Will is firmly tied to the canvas, through history and even has a biological child who we see regularly. Sonny's parents are reoccurring, Titan is a bust since it should be Phillip who was groomed to be in that position taking over. Even Justin and Adrienne, although a super couple in their own right never led story like Lumi and Will did from the 90s-00s. 

I get not liking a retcon child, but honestly Paul is a great addition when Brady pretty much has disowned J&M at this point. I think Paul and CS have potential, with Freddie there's nothing there. I keep trying hard to see him act like he gives a damn again but he's not trying. Will is a huge tie, thus Paul can be further defined through him like Sonny was. Sonny's characterization is too all over the place to ever be absolutely definite again. 

Hopefully it's not true, since he's one of the few actors that can act on the show. I also don't think it will be good for people (like myself) who like Will since I remember 2013 CM Will when he was burnt out and bored of the role when pigeon holed into WilSon (not that I blame him). 

• Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

Sonny himself isn't really defined outside of Will, all story that defined Sonny was tied to Will. Which was why FS was happy back in the day when CM was placed back into his orbit. Everything that defined Sonny was further retconned back in 2015 when everything Will was led to believe since they first met was proven false. Will is firmly tied to the canvas, through history and even has a biological child who we see regularly. Sonny's parents are reoccurring, Titan is a bust since it should be Phillip who was groomed to be in that position taking over. Even Justin and Adrienne, although a super couple in their own right never led story like Lumi and Will did from the 90s-00s. 

I always felt that it was a mistake, not to bring Sonny's brothers on the show, to give him more depth.  Alex, Joseph and Victor Jr. were born on the show and are legacies, as well. Plus, it would give Justin and Adrienne more to do. I also think that there are still stories left to tell with Justin and Adrienne. I always felt that Justin's and Adrienne's infidelity woes throughout their long marriage was an interesting beat that writers could have played with and written stories about.. There are many reasons on why people cheat and they could have used them to explore that. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

He's a good actor and he'll be fine outside the soaps.

I hate his retcon origin. John the priest had sex with a Chinese gal? What...?? Where??! That CS managed at all to make his character likeable after that is remarkable. Dumbest origin ever.

Guess that's also confirming Wilson. Sigh. Couldn't we have lost Sonny?

• Love 5

Sadly confirmed.

1 minute ago, DisneyBoy said:

He's a good actor and he'll be fine outside the soaps.

I hate his retcon origin. John the priest had sex with a Chinese gal? What...?? Where??! That CS managed at all to make his character likeable after that is remarkable. Dumbest origin ever.

Guess that's also confirming Wilson. Sigh. Couldn't we have lost Sonny?

He has his Star Wars gig. That's pretty decent for post day-time. 

I hate that we get WilSon for sure now. Fuck that.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

Sadly confirmed.

He has his Star Wars gig. That's pretty decent for post day-time. 

I hate that we get WilSon for sure now. Fuck that.

His Stars Wars gig is only voice over, he could have made it work. He probably just wants to try and break into prime time. He's getting older and after landing SW he figured he should take he risk. It's what all young actors do on soaps, if doesn't make it; he'll be back like countless others. 

I do think based on the BTS Will and Paul were still together or just soon after Will going back with Sonny to see if he still had feelings for him, so I think this will deeply affect Will depending on how they play out. Will is probably still torn. Chandler is great with emotional beats, I remember when GW was in the role wishing it was Chandler there to deliver so I'm looking forward to the exit since CM could have his Emmy Reel in these scenes. I think the shows hands are tied personally, and I suspect we'll get a Paul recast in the future. Will and Sonny are too dull and need a shake-up, Will should be torn for a while over Sonny and Paul and if Paul dies/exits (perhaps someone will inject him with the formula or he just leaves) Will will always have that regret and CM can delver on those things unlike FS. Him coming back on the canvas would give them a good shake-up. 

I think in the coming months we'll get a casting call for a NuPaul. They'll probably try and keep it quiet, while trying to find someone who has chemistry with Chandler. The good thing is Chandler is a chem magnet. Will and Sonny are a young couple in their prime, even if they are "endgame" for DAYS that endgame is 20 years away. 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

I would be happy since I hate him and the character, but he’ll be back.

I am indifferent to Paul, myself. I only gave him a chance because of Will.. 

I think that Will will break Paul's heart and he will leave the show. 

The actor has stopped taping for a while..

Edited by Apprentice79
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

His last film date is May 25 according to SOD. Two weeks ago today. I think they were dark a week too. He shared the exit with MM's Abby, who made her last appearance the same day. 

14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think this could have a major effect on Will's life, I do think the triangle will once again be revisited down the road, but it makes sense to do it in when it was done. Let Will and Sonny deal with their baggage for now. I think CS will be back, but who knows if he will be before they either bring another gay character on canvas or NuPaul for Will. 

Well, crap.  I guess we'll be stuck with WilSon again.  It makes me sad how little enthused I am about the pairing.  I used to enjoy them.  But they ruined will during Guy Wilson's time and have ruined Sonny since.  Plus, I always thought they got married too soon.  Will was out of the closet less than two years and he had only dated Sonny.  And Will was apparently in the closet while he was thought dead by virtue of him being "EJ" and Susan not wanting her fantasy disturbed. 

• Love 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

His last film date is May 25 according to SOD. Two weeks ago today. I think they were dark a week too. He shared the exit with MM's Abby, who made her last appearance the same day. 

I think this could have a major effect on Will's life, I do think the triangle will once again be revisited down the road, but it makes sense to do it in when it was done. Let Will and Sonny deal with their baggage for now. I think CS will be back, but who knows if he will be before they either bring another gay character on canvas or NuPaul for Will. 

Paul will be back, but, I think Christopher will soar.. He is really talented, he is always present in his scenes. Horita became popular because of him, he is not scared to be affectionate with a man on camera. His one night stand with Guy's Will was super hot and their scenes when Sonny imagined Horita together was even hotter.. Christopher tried to infuse life into Paulson, but, Freddie held back and that led to their demise, in my opinion..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Paul will be back, but, I think Christopher will soar.. He is really talented, he is always present in his scenes. Horita became popular because of him, he is not scared to be affectionate with a man on camera. His one night stand with Guy's Will was super hot and their scenes when Sonny imagined Horita was together was even hotter.. Christopher tried to infuse life into Paulson, but, Freddie held back and that led to their demise, in my opinion..

I wish Christopher the best. I think he definitely has the talent to make the jump from soaps to primetime. Hopefully he can, if not, I'm sure we'll see him again similar to Chandler, Freddie, Camila and Kate who all came back after being gone to pursue other things. I agree, Chris tried to infuse something in Paul and Sonny, but sadly Freddie was too uncomfortable in the role (shocking considering his character has been on the show and GAY for seven years) I never liked the pair. With Will and Paul, Chris had a good scene partner in both Guy and Chandler, Chandler holds back a little but he is comfortable with CS due to their outside friendship, so it helped imo. I don't think they're done yet but I hope if we do get a Paul recast they take CS back if he wants to return and the show is still airing. 

• Love 3
(edited)
37 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

I wish Christopher the best. I think he definitely has the talent to make the jump from soaps to primetime. Hopefully he can, if not, I'm sure we'll see him again similar to Chandler, Freddie, Camila and Kate who all came back after being gone to pursue other things. I agree, Chris tried to infuse something in Paul and Sonny, but sadly Freddie was too uncomfortable in the role (shocking considering his character has been on the show and GAY for seven years) I never liked the pair. With Will and Paul, Chris had a good scene partner in both Guy and Chandler, Chandler holds back a little but he is comfortable with CS due to their outside friendship, so it helped imo. I don't think they're done yet but I hope if we do get a Paul recast they take CS back if he wants to return and the show is still airing. 

I always felt that some people only wanted Paulson because they hated Guy's Will and were angry over Chandler's dismissal.  

Paul should have been brought in for Will and not be Sonny' ex and John's son. It would have been interesting to see Will struggle with his attraction to Paul and remaining faithful to Sonny.  They could have brought up Marlena's infidelity with John and how that affected Sami and Will's tumultuous childhood. Will's inexperience would have been an organic obstacle for Wilson, to overcome.. Sonny's rush to marry Will and raise Arianna, as his daughter could have been connected to his parents' struggles with monogamy, as well..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I always felt that some people only wanted Paulson because they hated Guy's Will and were angry over Chandler's dismissal.  

Paul should have been brought in for Will and not be Sonny' ex and John's son. It would have been interesting to see Will struggle with his attraction to Paul and remaining faithful to Sonny.  They could have brought up Marlena's infidelity with John and how that affected Sami and Will's tumultuous childhood. Will's inexperience would have been an organic obstacle for Wilson, to overcome.. Sonny's rush to marry Will and raise Arianna, as his daughter could have been connected to his parents' struggles with monogamy, as well..

Yeah, I agree. I’m happy they went the Will and Paul route should have been that way from the start. Sonny is not a strong enough character to lead any sort of triangle. It would have been reflective of Will’s family history, especially the internal struggle between Paul and Sonny and co-parenting Ari even though he moved on. I’m saddened CS is gone but Chandler has chemistry with everyone but Freddie. I’m sure we’ll see Paul again soon but I’m not here for Will and Sonny at all. I’ll just FF their scenes because I’m not interested. I think too much damage was done to Sonny back in the day and Freddie’s awful acting doesn’t help. I hope they find Will someone new for now, if the intent to recast isn’t right away. I just want a good exit for them with the possibility for them left open. Perhaps they can even bring back Casey Deidrick who was rumoured to have been on set back when BF was going to walk. Maybe I can get  “Chill” 8 years later lol. I also don’t see where the show can with go Will and Sonny from here without having Will stray or be in love with someone else. The fact that Will and Paul took off as much as it did should give them pause.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Paul will be back, but, I think Christopher will soar.. He is really talented, he is always present in his scenes. Horita became popular because of him, he is not scared to be affectionate with a man on camera. His one night stand with Guy's Will was super hot and their scenes when Sonny imagined Horita together was even hotter.. Christopher tried to infuse life into Paulson, but, Freddie held back and that led to their demise, in my opinion..

Now, see, I don't think that.  He wasn't that great on the show.  I was cringing through most of his scenes.  I know he has this voice over gig and that's confusing, too, because he doesn't have a unique enough voice to do that.  I don't see him becoming a break out star.

He'll be out there, trying to get stuff and when that doesn't work out for him, he'll be back.  Most of the young actors that left this show have come back.  Steady check, I guess.  Add his name onto the list.  He'll be back in a year.

Edited by superdeluxe
(edited)
2 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

Now, see, I don't think that.  He wasn't that great on the show.  I was cringing through most of his scenes.  I know he has this voice over gig and that's confusing, too, because he doesn't have a unique enough voice to do that.  I don't see him becoming a break out star.

He'll be out there, trying to get stuff and when that doesn't work out for him, he'll be back.  Most of the young actors that left this show have come back.  Add his name onto the list.  He'll be back in a year.

He has to try and see what is out there.   Hollywood is a tough place, especially, for people of color... 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)
36 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

He'll be out there, trying to get stuff and when that doesn't work out for him, he'll be back.  Most of the young actors that left this show have come back.  Steady check, I guess.  Add his name onto the list.  He'll be back in a year.

I mean I understand taking the risk. Ron really  seemed to enjoy writing for him and Will, if there is one thing Ron loves it's returns so I'm sure Will and Paul will be set up in a fashion that will ensure utter chaos when/if he returns in the future in regards to Will's feelings. CS and CM were filming pretty much exclusively together until mid-April, the smart route would be to have Will go back to Sonny in late September, be conflicted over Paul and something happening before he makes the ultimate choice. Essentially replay the 2015 triangle but with Will in the middle (who should have been from the beginning). The only difference is Chandler can act so I look forward the emotional beats. I think we're in for Paul coming back regardless of Christopher at this point, there's too many beats that can be played out further (interrupting a Will and Sonny wedding or making Will conflicted and regretful at letting Paul get away the first time). Ron doesn't write for happy couples, if anything Will and Sonny fans should be extremely worried, they are in for a big fall imo, it's essentially their "turn" lol.

They may give CS a year before they ultimately recast and just have Will mourn and maybe cheat (Will is known to use sex for comfort i.e. Gabi and Paul) until Paul returns. I'm sure he'll be with Sonny but ultimately I don't see him happy in the relationship long term. If not Paul someone else needs to be brought in. I think like you, Christopher will be back in a year, he always said he wanted to be like Drake and stay on the show for a while. I know PR left to do the same thing years ago, KA, Drake too I believe? I can't remember. But CM, CB, FS and KM have all done the same. He'll never know if he doesn't test the waters. I don't see him hitting it that "big" probably some small roles before ultimately coming back. SW could have been done with DAYS so even if that continues I don't see it being an issue. 

I would be upset about this and I am to an extent, but similar to Will being killed off (who I knew would return when they killed him off) I'm positive Paul will be back too. 

5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am indifferent to Paul, myself. I only gave him a chance because of Will.. 

He has? Marci Miller said her last day was also his last day, so that hasn't been that long ago.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

He has? Marci Miller said her last day was also his last day, so that hasn't been that long ago.

They both finished on the 25th. They were dark the following week. So essentially this week is the week after whatever goes down. Chandler was filming this week and was pictured on set with DH. Freddie filmed too so I'm sure it's the aftermath of what ever happens. According to Freddie there's "drama" so there's that.  

(edited)
1 hour ago, betweenthelines said:

I mean I understand taking the risk. Ron really  seemed to enjoy writing for him and Will, if there is one thing Ron loves it's returns so I'm sure Will and Paul will be set up in a fashion that will ensure utter chaos when/if he returns in the future in regards to Will's feelings. CS and CM were filming pretty much exclusively together until mid-April, the smart route would be to have Will go back to Sonny in late September, be conflicted over Paul and something happening before he makes the ultimate choice. Essentially replay the 2015 triangle but with Will in the middle (who should have been from the beginning). The only difference is Chandler can act so I look forward the emotional beats. I think we're in for Paul coming back regardless of Christopher at this point, there's too many beats that can be played out further (interrupting a Will and Sonny wedding or making Will conflicted and regretful at letting Paul get away the first time). Ron doesn't write for happy couples, if anything Will and Sonny fans should be extremely worried, they are in for a big fall imo, it's essentially their "turn" lol.

They may give CS a year before they ultimately recast and just have Will mourn and maybe cheat (Will is known to use sex for comfort i.e. Gabi and Paul) until Paul returns. I'm sure he'll be with Sonny but ultimately I don't see him happy in the relationship long term. If not Paul someone else needs to be brought in. I think like you, Christopher will be back in a year, he always said he wanted to be like Drake and stay on the show for a while. I know PR left to do the same thing years ago, KA, Drake too I believe? I can't remember. But CM, CB, FS and KM have all done the same. He'll never know if he doesn't test the waters. I don't see him hitting it that "big" probably some small roles before ultimately coming back. SW could have been done with DAYS so even if that continues I don't see it being an issue. 

I would be upset about this and I am to an extent, but similar to Will being killed off (who I knew would return when they killed him off) I'm positive Paul will be back too. 

To be fair, we don't know in what shape Horita will be in months from now. Just because Horita are together, it does not mean that they are happy. I get the impression that Will is going to get his memories back slowly and he will be drawn to Sonny.  Sonny's problems will bring them together, in trying to expose Leo's con. I predict an affair is on the horizon between Wilson.  Will's penchant for cheating will come back to haunt Paul. Will will hurt Paul. Will is his worst enemy...I hate that characterization of Will.

I never felt that the writers who wrote Will, as a kid, intended to write him as an insecure mess who would follow in his parents footsteps.  Mophead Will, who was my favorite Will, was strong, perceptive, intelligent, kind, confident, mature beyond his years. He could be bratty with a pouty mouth, especially, towards Sami, but, he loved her, despite the fact that she infuriated him.. He also was a schemer like his parents and he was a good liar. He ran away as kid and spent 3 days in Chicago by himself and relied on his wits to get by.. Lumi was so proud of their boy, but, they did not show him that..lol.. It took me a long time, to warm up the Will recasts who came after Gerse's Will.  Turning Will, into an insecure mess was a plot point to facilitate his coming out story and his romance with Sonny.. Will may have had a tumultuous childhood, but, he had lots of family that loved him, more than life, on both sides...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

To be fair, we don't know in what shape Horita will be in months from now. Just because Horita are together, it does not mean that they are happy. I get the impression that Will is going to get his memories back slowly and he will be drawn to Sonny.  Sonny's problems will bring them together, in trying to expose Leo's con. I predict an affair is on the horizon between Wilson.  Will's penchant for cheating will come back to haunt Paul. Will will hurt Paul. Will is his worst enemy...I hate that characterization of Will.

I never felt that the writers who wrote Will, as a kid, intended to write him as an insecure mess who would follow in his parents footsteps.  Mophead Will, who was my favorite Will, was strong, perceptive, intelligent, kind, confident, mature beyond his years. He could be bratty with a pouty mouth, especially, towards Sami, but, he loved her, despite the fact that she infuriated him.. He also was a schemer like his parents and he was a good liar. He ran away as kid and spent 3 days in Chicago by himself and relied on his wits to get by.. It took me a long time, to warm up the Will recasts who came after Gerse's Will.  Turning Will, into an insecure mess was a plot point to facilitate his coming out story and his romance with Sonny.. Will may have had a tumultuous childhood, but, he had lots of family that loved him, more than life, on both sides...

I don't think they will come back fully until Sami is back, so we will see. I do think they will get closer but similar to Will being a cheater, he also wasn't happy in his marriage so I can see that relationship losing it's power once again and Will seeking out other people. I think the end Will and Paul will be left open ended, since the return of Paul would be similar to the return of Will, which is why they had GW's Will forgive Sonny in the phone call- to cause that bit of regret and allow it to fester while Will was presumed dead to make a reappearance that much more soapier. 

In terms of the BTS I do think they will be together until September. CS will exit in November. I don't think the show realized that Will and Sonny are really not "it" anymore, they never truly were for me anyways; but the filming far in advance takes time to catch up so I'm sure they're slowly getting it. I think a lot of their original fans have moved on, I'm more interested in Will being messy with his life and his feelings. I don't think Will will cheat with Sonny but it's possible, and honestly would be good growth for him to realize his mistakes and develop further from it. Especially if he does it gets back with Sonny, only to want Paul but can't have him and he exits or something bad happens and he's left wondering. The thing with Will is the show has always written him as the lead in his storylines, he's essentially the male heroine (Sami) that needs to be saved but manipulative enough to use men to a point to get what he wants, so keeping multiple love interests around for him as well as having a character who will cheat and cause chaos is needed to facilitate those stories. I don't see WilSon as an "endgame" more like one of Will's pairings like Sami/Austin, Lumi, Brami and Ejami. Although I loved Lumi the show went another direction. I don't see much story existing for Will or Sonny inside of WilSon as a unit. 

Chandler seems pretty comfortable at DAYS currently and I don't see him leaving or DAYS not wanting to offer him a good deal to stay, so I can see Will being around for a while provided they give him material (he's only 27 and looks younger, and has been nominated for an Emmy every year while playing Will- winning 3). Freddie is questionable since I think if he was offered anything outside of DAYS he'd go, it's pretty much a pay check to him at this point. I'm surprised he renewed since on his FB page and defunct website he boasted about retiring at 30 last year, so maybe the SL needed him. CS or some version of Paul will be back so ultimately the pairing may be the two who remain on canvas the longest. There could also be a new character introduced. I'm open to the messiness. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

In terms of the BTS I do think they will be together until September. CS will exit in November. I don't think the show realized that Will and Sonny are really not "it" anymore, they never truly were for me anyways. I think a lot of their original fans have moved on, I'm more interested in Will being messy with his life and his feelings. I don't think Will will cheat with Sonny but it's possible, and honestly would be good growth for him to realize his mistakes and develop further from it. Especially if he does it gets back with Sonny, only to want Paul but can't have him and he exits or something bad happens and he's left wondering. The thing with Will is the show has always written him as the lead in his storylines, he's essentially the male heroine (Sami) that needs to be saved but manipulative enough to use men to a point to get what they want, so keeping multiple love interests around for him as well as having a character who will cheat and cause chaos is needed to facilitate those stories. I don't see WilSon as an "endgame" more like one of Will's pairings like Sami/Austin, Lumi, Brami and Ejami. Although I loved Lumi the show went another direction. I don't see much story existing for Will or Sonny inside of WilSon as a unit. 

There are lots of Wilson fans out there.  I never considered Sami a heroine.  Sami's dominance of the show hurt the show in terms of making everybody a Sami clone, after she left. Theresa, Will were used to be the new Sami and it backfired on both characters.  It took years for Sami to become a villainess and she had a backstory that gave her reasons to be who she was. Even though, I never understood her loyalty to Roman over John who raised her, for years.  You assume that Ron was going to reunite Wilson, with Will pining for Paul.  It could be that Will gets his memory back and chooses to stay with Paul, while wanting Sonny secretly..Ejami had better chemistry than Lumi, but, I never wanted Sami with EJ.. Lumi was my preferred pairing for Sami..

• Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

There are lots of Wilson fans out there.  I never considered Sami a heroine.  Sami's dominance of the show hurt the show in terms of making everybody a Sami clone, after she left. Theresa, Will were used to be the new Sami and it backfired on both characters.  It took years for Sami to become a villainess and she had a backstory that gave her reasons to be who she was. Even though, I never understood her loyalty to Roman over John who raised her, for years.  You assume that Ron was going to reunite Wilson, with Will pining for Paul.  It could be that Will gets his memory back and chooses to stay with Paul, while wanting Sonny secretly..Ejami had better chemistry than Lumi, but, I never wanted Sami with EJ.. Lumi was my preferred pairing for Sami..

I'm referring to how Ali saw Sami, she is a villainess but Ali was team make Sami a leading heroine, which is what TPTB tried to do. I think a lot of people are over WilSon and story wise there's not really anywhere to go with them.  I'm not interested in Will pigeon holed into a relationship with Sonny, but I do think he'll have another affair and the relationship will fall apart. So I guess both of us have something to look forward to lol.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

I'm referring to how Ali saw Sami, she is a villainess but Ali was team make Sami a leading heroine, which is what TPTB tried to do. I think a lot of people are over WilSon and story wise there's not really anywhere to go with them.  I'm not interested in Will pigeon holed into a relationship with Sonny, but I do think he'll have another affair and the relationship will fall apart. So I guess both of us have something to look forward to lol.

Don't be surprise if Ron throws Paul under the bus.  I do think that Paul will be back in the future. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Don't be surprise if Ron throws Paul under the bus.  I do think that Paul will be back in the future. 

I won't be. I'm praying we don't get Will circa 2015 levels of character assassination but who really knows. Ron likes drama so I think Will and Paul will have potential before what ever takes place, enough that there will be an impact around the return. If they go full Will circa 2015 levels of character destruction who knows what will happen. If Will was redeemed I'm sure they'll fix Paul once he returns. I'm sure we'll be in for round #3 of Paul/Will/Sonny in a year from now, lol. 

• Love 1
(edited)

As an aside I do feel for fans since essentially this exit is more of a victory by default. Similar to Paul/Sonny after Will was murdered. If Will was torn and bounced between the two guys for a long while (longer than six months) and the right beats were hit it could have helped further develop and define the W&S or W&P pairing. Which is why I think the triangle will happen to an extent again. At this point, we know the show has things filmed in advance; but also probably wrapped things up quickly to play the story beats for as long as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if this is similar to EJ's rushed exit- almost like they were in denial on JS leaving. Same with Sami. 

I think Will needs to be moved outside of Sonny. If anything Will and Paul proved to me what Will and Sonny were missing, and I don't think they have chemistry anymore. A big reason being Freddie's uncomfortableness and the fact he and Chandler are rather /cool/  co-workers at best. I hope someone is brought in that has chemistry with CM. Make it even messier when Paul ultimately returns. 

• Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

As an aside I do feel for fans since essentially this exit is more of a victory by default. Similar to Paul/Sonny after Will was murdered. If Will was torn and bounced between the two guys for a long while (longer than six months) and the right beats were hit it could have helped further develop and define the W&S or W&P pairing. Which is why I think the triangle will happen to an extent again. At this point, we know the show has things filmed in advance; but also probably wrapped things up quickly to play the story beats for as long as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if this is similar to EJ's rushed exit- almost like they were in denial on JS leaving. Same with Sami. 

I think Will needs to be moved outside of Sonny. If anything Will and Paul proved to me what Will and Sonny were missing, and I don't think they have chemistry anymore. A big reason being Freddie's uncomfortableness and the fact he and Chandler are rather /cool/  co-workers at best. I hope someone is brought in that has chemistry with CM. Make it even messier when Paul ultimately returns. 

However, sometimes, actors who dislike each other have combustible chemistry on screen. Peter and Kristian who play Bo and Hope had a rocky relationship offscreen, but, their chemistry was fire.  Kristian said that Peter used to tease her about her weight and that used to offend her.  Peter hated kissing Kristian because she was a smoker.  They spent so much time together, that led to petty arguments like a real couple. However, as true professionals, they put that aside and made Bo and Hope a popular supercouple.  I don't think that Chandler and Freddie not being best friends affected their chemistry. I still see their chemistry.  I know people who don't think that Horita have any chemistry.  Chemistry is subjective..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

However, sometimes, actors who dislike each other have combustible chemistry on screen. Peter and Kristian who play Bo and Hope had a rocky relationship offscreen, but, their chemistry was fire.  Kristian said that Peter used to tease her about her weight and that used to offend her.  Peter hated kissing Kristian because she was a smoker.  They spent so much time together, that led to petty arguments like a real couple. However, as true professionals, they put that aside and made Bo and Hope a popular supercouple.  I don't think that Chandler and Freddie not being best friends affected their chemistry. I still see their chemistry.  I know people who don't think that Horita have any chemistry.  Chemistry is subjective..

Sadly, that isn't the case here and never has been imo. WilSon always came off as friends, which they should have stayed. I loved Will under MarDar since he was one of their favourites, and liked that they gave him depth and nuances before giving him a love interest, but they were building to that. I don't think the intent was Sonny as one under them, but once TomSell came in, Will and Sonny were paired and had their first kiss, first time and ILU's all within three months so that soured the relationship for me too.  I think Chandler has chemistry with everyone, which is why when he left and was replaced with Guy Wilson it was obvious. The scenes with DH/AS/JS/BD were never the same. Guy did have good chemistry with Freddie. Chandler holds back a bit and Freddie is just downright uncomfortable. I think the reason Will and Paul give a much more mature and realistic vibe is because CM goes for it, whereas Freddie would never challenge him that way. So I do think it affects the dynamics and their chemistry issue. I'd be fine with a pairing if Freddie's acting and their chemistry/him being uncomfortable wasn't an issue, but it is- maybe at some point we'll get a Sonny recast. I'd honestly be open to it since I think Freddie is just there to cash a cheque, much like Billy Flynn. I think if the chemistry was there CM/FS could overcome the obvious issues with the pairing like past mistakes, etc. but I think it's going to be impossible since the chemistry is luke warm at best. They would be much more believable as co-parents than lovers, I can't think of one instance that there was ever any passion between them and given both being uncomfortable with love scenes I doubt there will ever be.

• Love 1
(edited)

I do wonder about Christopher though, after thinking about it I do wonder if it was a mutual decision after all. I think currently in the time line Will and Sonny have probably been back together since the end of September or October. I'm sure Will will still be torn at this point and up until the exit. Paul exits in November. Christopher was pretty adamant of staying up until the end of April and the past few weeks stopped engaging in fans entirely. Unlike Marci, he still has yet to issue a statement since it's been confirmed but acknowledged the cast's tweets wishing him well. So I wonder if this will be a dramatic exit that is left open for future plot. The actor that played Deimos also seemed surprised by the fact he left the show (they're good friends in real life). But I also find it hard to believe he would leave because of a lower contract, considering that after Will died and Sonny left back in 2015 he appeared in 6 episodes in 6 months (only in the background). I know Thaao left at the end of his contract, and his now suspected to be back months later. I'm assuming he was ushered off to create room on the canvas and the murder, a plot point for Abigail's alters. I'm wondering if the same thing isn't going on here. 

Give Will and Sonny deal with their issues that were always there, stabilize the relationship further while Paul is out of the picture, before tearing it all down again. Having Paul on the canvas while they are doing this wouldn't make sense since if they play it like a triangle the way it should be, similar to 2015 Will, like Sonny will be letting that relationship affect his current one. I do think both the actor and character will be back, but I'm wondering if this was temporary all along. I do think CS is using the break/the exit? again pure speculation on my part, to try and break into primetime and why not, he's not getting any younger. If it is mutual, then I'm also sure he'll be back within the next year. It's hard to make the transition, the voice over work is easily accommodated but I can see him missing the steady pay check like all the other returning actors. Will hurting Paul and Paul running off or getting hurt and Will blaming himself (or feeling regretful at his choice) could be an interesting plot point to play out. Since if Paul ever returns down the line could cause a lot issues for Will that will affect his relationship to Sonny. It's almost like an anvil waiting to drop. 

• Love 1
(edited)
35 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

Sadly, that isn't the case here and never has been imo. WilSon always came off as friends, which they should have stayed. I loved Will under MarDar since he was one of their favourites, and liked that they gave him depth and nuances before giving him a love interest, but they were building to that. I don't think the intent was Sonny as one under them, but once TomSell came in, Will and Sonny were paired and had their first kiss, first time and ILU's all within three months so that soured the relationship for me too.  I think Chandler has chemistry with everyone, which is why when he left and was replaced with Guy Wilson it was obvious. The scenes with DH/AS/JS/BD were never the same. Guy did have good chemistry with Freddie. Chandler holds back a bit and Freddie is just downright uncomfortable. I think the reason Will and Paul give a much more mature and realistic vibe is because CM goes for it, whereas Freddie would never challenge him that way. So I do think it affects the dynamics and their chemistry issue. I'd be fine with a pairing if Freddie's acting and their chemistry/him being uncomfortable wasn't an issue, but it is- maybe at some point we'll get a Sonny recast. I'd honestly be open to it since I think Freddie is just there to cash a cheque, much like Billy Flynn. I think if the chemistry was there CM/FS could overcome the obvious issues with the pairing like past mistakes, etc. but I think it's going to be impossible since the chemistry is luke warm at best. They would be much more believable as co-parents than lovers, I can't think of one instance that there was ever any passion between them and given both being uncomfortable with love scenes I doubt there will ever be.

Chandler does not play love scenes well, in my opinion.  His best ones were Wilson's first love scene and the one he had with Gabi. Christopher goes for it. Guy as well.  He said that the first time, he kissed Freddie, he used his tongue and Freddie went along with it. Afterwards, Freddie told him that you are not  supposed to use your tongue to kiss.  So, they worked on it.  The producers actually told Guy and Freddie to bring it down some because their kissing scenes were too passionate.  Freddie can go for it, when he wants to.. 

Rumor has it that Chandler and Casey, the old Chad, used to be mean to Freddie. So, he had a different vibe with Guy than Chandler.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Chandler does not play love scenes well, in my opinion.  His best ones were Wilson's first love scene and the one he had with Gabi. Christopher goes for it. Guy as well.  He said that the first time, he kissed Freddie, he used his tongue and Freddie went along with it. Afterwards, Freddie told him that you are not  supposed to use your tongue to kiss.  So, they worked on it.  The producers actually told Guy and Freddie to bring it down some because their kissing scenes were too passionate.  Freddie can go for it, when he wants to..

I agree, I did mentioned it in my post. I think Christopher challenges Chandler, although Chandler wasn't that comfortable he tried to give as good as he got. Again, Christopher is the completely comfortable. Both Chandler and Freddie who are equally uncomfortable being intimate in a relationship does not make the pairing believable. I'm not one to watch for love scenes or couples holding hands, but I want to believe the characters who are paired together are in a actual relationship. Otherwise, it looks fake and takes away from the scene. I think Chandler is fine paired with someone he is comfortable with and who challenges him. I hope they expand the gay scene while Paul is gone and give Chandler someone new to work with for the time being. 

In terms of Freddie, the whole era of Paul and Sonny is bad. It includes Chris so you know it's not his issue. There's a scene that stands out to me, it's last summer I think where Paul and Sonny are standing outside and Paul pulls Sonny close for a kiss; Freddie literally recoiled and put his arms out to push Chris away and you can tell Chris was kind of taken aback by it. I think Freddie was good in the beginning (2011), but like Billy became complacent over time and now he's entirely unwatchable. After that kiss you speak of, Freddie kept his mouth firmly closed after that and the vibe between them was never the same. Guy did have good chemistry with him though. I think that's the issue, like the character pairing the actor pairing is too unbalanced. I think both the characters and actors would be better paired with other people. The only saving grace here is that I think Chandler is in it for the long haul, unless he gets bored. I don't think the show will ever get rid of Will again since he's too essential to the canvas and when CM's contract expires I can see them offering him anything to stay. He is also close to all the vets on the show and has good relationships with them. He and Billy (Chad) are pretty much the only actors in their age group that are leading males in the right demographic for the sponsors, in other words the shows future. Chandler is also young and but looks younger. I can see them setting multiple avenues for Will, one of the reasons why I thought they went there with Will and Paul was to establish that and have Paul as an available option. To pigeon hole one character into the same love interest for years is boring things need to be shaken-up, especially when the show obviously sees Chandler as "Will", up until his faux pas at the Emmy's in 2013 the show wasn't even going to recast the role, but wait until he finished school. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Just remembered that Freddie also mentioned before he had to cut his vacation short a month ago to go back and refilm scenes. So I do think the intention was Paul and Will at least for now, but it had to be rewritten to facilitate the quick exit. The same thing happened with Marci, most likely, as she gave only a month notice. Whatever happens probably involves the two of them to an extent since it is a sweeps month, Paul will be left open ended while KM enters as Abigail. Once the dust settles and CS either comes back or Paul is recast, they will finally play it out again to it's potential. 

• Love 2
(edited)
40 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

I agree, I did mentioned it in my post. I think Christopher challenges Chandler, although Chandler wasn't that comfortable he tried to give as good as he got. Again, Christopher is the completely comfortable. Both Chandler and Freddie who are equally uncomfortable being intimate in a relationship does not make the pairing believable. I'm not one to watch for love scenes or couples holding hands, but I want to believe the characters who are paired together are in a actual relationship. Otherwise, it looks fake and takes away from the scene. I think Chandler is fine paired with someone he is comfortable with and who challenges him. I hope they expand the gay scene while Paul is gone and give Chandler someone new to work with for the time being. 

In terms of Freddie, the whole era of Paul and Sonny is bad. It includes Chris so you know it's not his issue. There's a scene that stands out to me, it's last summer I think where Paul and Sonny are standing outside and Paul pulls Sonny close for a kiss; Freddie literally recoiled and put his arms out to push Chris away and you can tell Chris was kind of taken aback by it. I think Freddie was good in the beginning (2011), but like Billy became complacent over time and now he's entirely unwatchable. After that kiss you speak of, Freddie kept his mouth firmly closed after that and the vibe between them was never the same. Guy did have good chemistry with him though. I think that's the issue, like the character pairing the actor pairing is too unbalanced. I think both the characters and actors would be better paired with other people. The only saving grace here is that I think Chandler is in it for the long haul, unless he gets bored. I don't think the show will ever get rid of Will again since he's too essential to the canvas and when CM's contract expires I can see them offering him anything to stay. He is also close to all the vets on the show and has good relationships with them. He and Billy (Chad) are pretty much the only actors in their age group that are leading males in the right demographic for the sponsors, in other words the shows future. Chandler is also young and but looks younger. I can see them setting multiple avenues for Will, one of the reasons why I thought they went there with Will and Paul was to establish that and have Paul as an available option. To pigeon hole one character into the same love interest for years is boring things need to be shaken-up, especially when the show obviously sees Chandler as "Will", up until his faux pas at the Emmy's in 2013 the show wasn't even going to recast the role, but wait until he finished school. 

I like Horita, but, it would have been better with Guy as Will.  Their chemistry was out of this world.  I never understood why people say that Wilson limited Will. Nobody ever says that about Shelle.  She cheated on Sean-Douglas many times...They too had a child young and never dated other people seriously.  I was always against Shelle because it would mean that John could never be Roman again.. John should have remained as Roman..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I like Horita, but, it would have been better with Guy as Will.  Their chemistry was out of this world.  I never understood why people say that Wilson limited Will. Nobody ever says that about Shelle.  She cheated on Sean-Douglas many times...They too had a child young and never dated other people seriously.  I was always against Shelle because it would mean that John could never be Roman again.. John should have remained as Roman..

It's the way the wrote Will and Sonny. Will was always trying to live up to being this "perfect" person for Sonny, because he never felt valued in that relationship. Will is similar to Sami in the sense that both are impulsive and insecure. Sonny always used Will's insecurities to his advantage, in order to manipulate Will in a way that favoured him. Such as after their first kiss after the explosion, accusing Will of hiding who he was because Will didn't respond to the kiss the way Sonny liked. There are countless other things too, but that's one off the top of my head. In terms of Shelle, they received their HEA prematurely that's why both are pretty much limited to guest spots on the show now. The cheating was simply a plot device to keep them around. Will is only 25 and is one of the few remaining male Horton's on the show, his HEA (whether it is with Sonny or someone else, is FAR away) unless the show gets cancelled. 

With Will there is most likely going to be another serious affair/cheating storyline coming for him. I don't know if they'll wait for a Paul recast, Christopher himself to return or will just add in a new character and start over but it'll happen. As long as the chemistry is there, I'm open to it. Will and Sonny are too boring without an interloper interfering and real feelings happening, it was one of the issues TomSell ran into, hence Paul coming in. I'm just happy this time they realized the mistake they made the first time, which was centring it around Sonny when it should have always been Will in the middle; something this regimen thankfully corrected. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

SN is out as Steve. It's official.

So sad.

I suppose he just should have shut up and say his lines but he is a very talented and charismatic actor with a mind. But Galen has been there for years with no charisma and still can't act but is probably the biggest ass kisser behind the scenes. That's my take on this travesty.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think Christopher will do well.  When he was on "Hawaii 5-0" he played the bad guy and it took me a bit to realize Gabriel (I think that was his character's name) was played by the same guy as Paul.  Just shows what writing and directing can do for an actor.  With KM returning and MM, CS, and SN out, I will keep DOOL on the DVR but will probably end up deleting more episodes than I will watch, which makes me sad.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 1