Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

It's okay, I've got this, ulkis. :)

I know what BC has been up to on twitter but what did KT do?

She tweeted that she wasn't happy at all, after Bryan lost. She didn't say why, of course, but it's obvious that's what she meant. 

• Love 1

That kind of reminds me of when Georgia Tech beat Georgia back in 2007, I think. They had rings made up to say State Champs, since they hadn't won in like 10 years. Any UGA fan thought it was absolutely pathetic, since the only rings you get are for conference championships or national championships.

And this is even worse since BC didn't actually win anything. I just...no.

• Love 2

This is the sort of thing I'd expect Nicolas Bechtel's mother to do for him, not Bryan Craig's 29-year-old girlfriend. Good lord.

Kelly Thiebaud is not 29. He's 24, I believe, or at least he will be this year. And she's 9 years older than him, that's a confirmed fact by the two of them themselves.

• Love 1

Kelly Thiebaud is not 29. He's 24, I believe, or at least he will be this year. And she's 9 years older than him, that's a confirmed fact by the two of them themselves.

That makes her behavior even more depressing.

• Love 9

He's gonna be 24 in October.

So on today's View, Geary said he was reluctantly dragged down the path of being a romantic hero. Why does this man continue to trash the story that got him where he is today? I mean really, he could have left at any time if he didn't want to play the character as written. Instead he played it and played it WELL for many years. So shut up already. It's enough to simply say that you've always wanted to explore Luke's dark side and are grateful to Frank and Ron for giving you that opportunity.

Less is more Tony.

• Love 15

SMH. I can't with him. At all.

I knooooooooooow. I'm sure Tony is an intelligent and nice guy overall but when it comes to the show/this character  . . . buddy, please take the contract that lets you earn a shit ton of money for six months (if even that) and then lets you live in Amsterdam the other six months of the year, cry into it over the hardship of playing Luke as a romantic hero, and shut the fuck up.

• Love 10

Oh good grief. Look, I can see in the 1981 and 1982 episodes that the Luke worship got to be a bit much - not nearly as bad as the Jason worshipping and Sonny propping that hit the show later ... but, yeah, I can kind of see that.

BUT. In '83 Luke went back to being kind of a jerk and then he got Laura back and then he left. And that early in his career, why would he be frustrated that the show turned him into a hero? -- that's why he kept his job for so long!!

And through the 90s and 2000s he got increasingly dark. He hasn't been a romantic hero for eons. He hasn't even been the quirky anti-hero that made Luke popular.

I don't even know what the hell TG is talking about at this point. Rape, working for the mob, cheating, visiting prostitutes, drinking and generally being a jackass, running over his grandson ... that wasn't enough? We had to be subjected to an evil split personality for Luke? Please.

• Love 10

I knooooooooooow. I'm sure Tony is an intelligent and nice guy overall but when it comes to the show/this character . . . buddy, please take the contract that lets you earn a shit ton of money for six months (if even that) and then lets you live in Amsterdam the other six months of the year, cry into it over the hardship of playing Luke as a romantic hero, and shut the fuck up.

For all the "blaming of the actors" happening on the interwebs, can't we begin with him? If anyone has an actual HOLD on this show and the creative aspects of it, it's him.

• Love 5

It really is unseemly that he's so set on trashing Luke's past. This character has given him roughly 30 years of employment. If he's really so unhappy about it all, he needs to tell Frank and Ron he's ready to leave for good. The show will survive, or if it doesn't, it won't be because Luke and TG aren't around.

• Love 10

OMG did she/himself make a fake Emmy? LMAO!

Gahh!!!!! 

I say that because it looks like fake Oscar, not a fake emmy.  Emmys are golden girls with wings. [/betty White, upon receiving her win for the Golden Girls]

Oscars are the neutered men. [/billy Crystal, hosting the Oscars.]

All I can think is that he's bought into this ridiculous current mindset that only dark, unpleasant or villainous characters are interesting.

Completely forgetting that what made Luke interesting and unique was nothing at all like that (he started out bad and he hated authority and convention, but he did fall in real love with Laura and respected Robert and respected doctors and ultimately gave a damn about people).

• Love 10
And through the 90s and 2000s he got increasingly dark. He hasn't been a romantic hero for eons. He hasn't even been the quirky anti-hero that made Luke popular.

Smiling at the fact that the son of your wife might be dead, all because you can't stand the idea that she bore him, is about as dark as one can get. And that was 1996.

I don't even know what the hell TG is talking about at this point. Rape, working for the mob, cheating, visiting prostitutes, drinking and generally being a jackass, running over his grandson ... that wasn't enough? We had to be subjected to an evil split personality for Luke? Please.

It's not a split personality! It's a dark side -- that Luke has no memory of when he's not experiencing it.  Totally different.  

~Ron

• Love 9

All I can think is that he's bought into this ridiculous current mindset that only dark, unpleasant or villainous characters are interesting.

And with him, it really comes across as a bit of a Peter Pan complex too.

The funny thing is, he's still insistent that Luke is not an alcoholic. So he wants Luke to be dark, but only the "cool" kind of dark. Or Luke is allowed to cheat and steal from Tracy, but Tracy isn't allowed to get one over on him.

I do miss Jonathan Jackson right now, he really curbed this shit when he was around.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

So on today's View, Geary said he was reluctantly dragged down the path of being a romantic hero. Why does this man continue to trash the story that got him where he is today? I mean really, he could have left at any time if he didn't want to play the character as written. Instead he played it and played it WELL for many years. So shut up already. It's enough to simply say that you've always wanted to explore Luke's dark side and are grateful to Frank and Ron for giving you that opportunity.

Less is more Tony.

Did he actually say that he hated all of the romantic/adventure Luke and Laura stories?

So he wants Luke to be dark, but only the "cool" kind of dark.

Ugh, that's exactly what he wants. What has Luke done that's the "cool" kind of dark, though? Raping Laura? Sleeping with prostitutes? Running over Jake while hammered? Being so distraught over killing both parents that he had a psychotic split decades later?

I am clearly the most uncool person who lived, because none of this is enviable to me.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8

Ugh, that's exactly what he wants. What has Luke done that's the "cool" kind of dark, though? Raping Laura? Sleeping with prostitutes? Running over Jake while hammered?

He wasn't hammered! He only had a couple of shots! HE'S BEEN DRINKING SINCE HE WAS 12 DUBBEL ZOUT HOW DARE U

• Love 12

I thought it was 8 years? I remember an interview where they said it was 8. Either way, it's still weird (the award thing, NOT the age difference--my ex-boyfriend was younger than me, too). 

• Love 1

Everything about that article is so, so, so on point.  

I did note that the author took care to compliment JT in the context of the Patrick / Sabrina baby dying, and his acting opposite his onscreen daughter.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 2

I did note that the author took care to compliment JT in the context of the Patrick / Sabrina baby dying, and his acting opposite his onscreen daughter.

Maybe it's bc I've been watching a bunch of old stuff recently, but the Patrina baby and the Patty/Emma scenes in the past year aren't even close to JT's best ever performances, IMO. But to each their own. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I thought it was 8 years? I remember an interview where they said it was 8. Either way, it's still weird (the award thing, NOT the age difference--my ex-boyfriend was younger than me, too). 

It's 9 years. They both stated it in an SID interview in March 2014. And I have no problem with the age difference either, my boyfriend is way younger than me. Hell, I had no problem with Ava and Morgan's age difference.

The video of him at the drive thru is just embarrassing.

• Love 1

Ugh, that's exactly what he wants. What has Luke done that's the "cool" kind of dark, though? Raping Laura? Sleeping with prostitutes? Running over Jake while hammered? Being so distraught over killing both parents that he had a psychotic split decades later?

I am clearly the most uncool person who lived, because none of this is enviable to me.

I think he probably meant most of Lex Lukor or whatever he was supposed to be last year, which had those moments that he probably thought were cool and hilarious, like the mob stuff, making a pass at and trying to sexually assault Kiki, etc.

And with him, it really comes across as a bit of a Peter Pan complex too.

The funny thing is, he's still insistent that Luke is not an alcoholic. So he wants Luke to be dark, but only the "cool" kind of dark. Or Luke is allowed to cheat and steal from Tracy, but Tracy isn't allowed to get one over on him.

I do miss Jonathan Jackson right now, he really curbed this shit when he was around.

I tend to wonder if that's one of the reasons Jackson left - because Lucky and the Spencers clearly weren't ever going to be what they'd been the first time he was on the show. 

I tend to wonder if that's one of the reasons Jackson left - because Lucky and the Spencers clearly weren't ever going to be what they'd been the first time he was on the show. 

Maybe, but if anything caused him to leave (and I'm not wholly convinced he wasn't always going to leave after his contract was up no matter what) it was probably the total mess they made of the Lucky and Liz relationship.

• Love 7
I'm not wholly convinced he wasn't always going to leave after his contract was up no matter what

Same here; he was the right age to try for roles outside of soaps. And didn't he want to be able to spend more time working on his music?