Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

And you gotta love how this happened during Fan February.  "We love our fans, this month is all about YOU!  ...Uh, sorry, we're too busy to deal with you and make the announcement we said we'd make after already rescheduling it."

• Love 5

With all the details they miss on the show, I wonder what they do in the notes meeting.

I assume it involves them passing notes back and forth that say things like "OMG, the fans are such whiners!" and "AJ was totes fat!" 

• Love 10

Lord, the back and forth between Frank and Ron trying to draw out the suspense.  They may as well just be tweeting "I'm awesome!" "OMG! I'm awesome, too!"  "I love me!"  "I love me, too!"   This is a whole new level of believing your own press.  Jasus, they're obnoxious. 

• Love 8

Lord, the back and forth between Frank and Ron trying to draw out the suspense.  They may as well just be tweeting "I'm awesome!" "OMG! I'm awesome, too!"  "I love me!"  "I love me, too!"   This is a whole new level of believing your own press.  Jasus, they're obnoxious. 

They're ridiculous. 

SO obnoxious.  Maybe this would have been vaguely cute if they weren't half an hour late FOR THE TIME THEY SET after already rescheduling it.

• Love 3

I was very sick of Greenlee by the end of AMC (...although I guess it was more Ryan/Greenlee together than Greens herself), but Rebecca Budig does have talent and it's good they cast someone in a younger demographic for a change.

Do I think this was worth the stupid, stupid games they played with this announcement? 

Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

• Love 1

I can only hope that their emphasis on "Killer" role means she's a serial killer coming to town to off half the cast.  Hey, Rebecca, I've got a list for you! 

Gee, I hope she's another Legion of Doom member.  Because we could use a few more of those.

• Love 2

The jury is still out on how I feel about this. I actually really like Rebecca Budig. I adored her on AMC (not with Cam M., ugh). But this cast is already way too big. They can't even write for the characters already on canvas, damn. I don't know. Unless her character rescues Robin, I just don't care.

• Love 1

But I like these comments:

Say bye to Liz and Sam for the next year #GH

#GH WE DON'T WANT IT. TAKE IT BACK

Well, here's some good news:

Kristen Alderson ‏@krisalderson  · 42m42 minutes ago 
I believe this week is my last week airing on @GeneralHospital Looking forward to u guys seeing the sort of "goodbye" @carlivatiron created

• Love 2
Kristen Alderson ‏@krisalderson  · 42m42 minutes ago

I believe this week is my last week airing on @GeneralHospital Looking forward to u guys seeing the sort of "goodbye" @carlivatiron created

That IS good news.  Ugh, but I'm sure the "sort of goodbye" is gonna be hella stupid.

• Love 1

[Reservoir Dogs]"So, you guys like to tell jokes, huh? Gigglin' and laughin' like a bunch of young broads sittin' in a schoolyard. Well, let me tell a joke. Five guys, sittin' in a bullpen, in San Quentin. All wondering how the fuck they got there. What should we have done, what didn't we do, who's fault is it, is it my fault, your fault, his fault, all that bullshit. Then one of them says, hey. Wait a minute. When we were planning this caper, all we did was sit around tellin' fuckin' jokes! Get the message? Boys, I don't mean to holler at ya. When this caper's over - and I'm sure it'll be a successful one - we'll get down to the Hawaiian Islands, hell, I'll roll and laugh with all of ya. You'll find me a different character down there. Right now, it's a matter of business."[/Reservoir Dogs]

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 1

And you know what, thinking about it? How does this qualify as a "Fan February" treat for "General Hospital" fans? It's really a treat for "All My Children" fans or fans of RB herself.

That's true.

In other news, Kim is directing an episode of "Pretty Little Liars." Yay for her.

• Love 4

And you know what, thinking about it?  How does this qualify as a "Fan February" treat for "General Hospital" fans?  It's really a treat for "All My Children" fans or fans of RB herself.

Didn't they say the Fan February casting announcement is something different? Yay more people!!

Didn't they say the Fan February casting announcement is something different? Yay more people!!

They did specify at some point that this casting announcement was separate from the poll about Serena/Mike/Stefan/SWSNBN, but they still were treating this RB announcement as part of "Fan February".

Having Joan van Ark on the show would make JZ's and LC's faces look positively natural.

Which is just so sad. She was so pretty way back when; now she resembles a melted corpse. She should have listened to her old costar DM on how to do it right. 

I think Rebecca Budig is really talented and I think she'd be an asset to most soaps. That being said, she often struggles with bad writing and will check out on it entirely (see: most of her last decade as Greenlee on AMC, when she did not care for the Frons-forced Ryan/Greenlee supercouple). This will be a problem.

What's more, GH is way too overloaded with extraneous people and "big gets" like her. It doesn't need more new folks. Unless she's playing Dr. Sarah Webber or something, I can't see a point. They're still so hyped about hiring anyone and everyone big vs. righting the balance of the show.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

The Fan February stuff was announced when I was spending less time here posting, so now that it will be soon, all I can say is this:

It was a load of horseshit in 2003 when I was almost 14, and I am fairly certain it will be a load of horseshit now that I'm almost 26 (my birthday is on the 28th! :D).

Aside from the obvious question as to why they bringing back something they only did once 12 years ago, there is the matter that, having watched the OLTL Fan February episode way back when, which featured the actors acting out a bunch of bizarre movie fantasies. Who the fuck was asking for that? The worst for me was watching Max & Luna act out some 007 homage crap (not that my bias as Gabrielle fan/Luna hater has anything to do with that ;) ).

And it sounds like GH's episode that year was just as dumb.

That said, I DO think fans wanted to see Cat Hickland and Michael E. Knight onscreen together, back when they were still married. I know I did. (I'm still kind of sad they divorced tbh.) And I guess I'll concede that there were Max & Luna fans who wanted them onscreen again. But do I HAVE to? ;)

I am kind of interested in seeing RB on the show, although AMC, to me, was always the show I'd catch the last few minutes of before OLTL came on (and personally, I wanted Greenlee with J. Eddie Peck's Jake.).

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

I'm laughing at all the people speccing that this is a Robin recast. Forgetting that Cartini specifically said "new character," but they would have to be dumber than ever to troll the way they did and reveal the recast of a 30-year vet during "Fan Feb." I'm cryinnnn.

Edited by HeatLifer

I can only hope that their emphasis on "Killer" role means she's a serial killer coming to town to off half the cast.  Hey, Rebecca, I've got a list for you! 

I pray - in vain - that this really happens.  Please, whoever she is, can she NOT be a pro-Sonny character?

• Love 1

I wanted Greenlee with J. Eddie Peck's Jake.

Leo aside, I thought Greens and David Hayward were so hot together, being naughty and making people miserable.  But alas, the show HAD to shove her and Ryan back together.  Ick.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1