Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Where was EW when GH was even more awkwardly promoting Prego, the working woman's friend? Or the Oscars that were on ABC on whatever that year's date was? As far as product placement on GH goes, the Doctor Strange one was seamless.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

tweet to MB:

how would you feel if they recast Morgan?

MauriceBenard:

not easy to find a young actor with that kind of depth

Oh sheesh. Even when I was fangirling Morgan hard I never thought he would be hard to replace.

• Love 9
55 minutes ago, ulkis said:

tweet to MB:

how would you feel if they recast Morgan?

MauriceBenard:

not easy to find a young actor with that kind of depth

Oh sheesh. Even when I was fangirling Morgan hard I never thought he would be hard to replace.

Mo's still doing Q&A's on twitter?  Oh well clearly I must go and google his account to peek

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh Ingo/Jax, please stay forever and become the new male lead. #willneverhappen

Did you see his instagram? He's not coming back unless they let him be there part time.

Meanwhile, I have no idea where to put this and figure this is the best spot. Flashback to DZ and one of the former Rocco babies. Too cute:

http://media2.whosaystatic.com/546197/546197_800wc.jpg

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, ulkis said:

He's not coming back unless they let him be there part time.

It's so dumb they don't accommodate him. There's absolutely no reason Jax can't be a recurring character. The vast majority of the characters would work better if they were recurring.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's so dumb they don't accommodate him. There's absolutely no reason Jax can't be a recurring character. The vast majority of the characters would work better if they were recurring.

I mean, I should clarify, that's just my speculation - maybe he wouldn't even do GH part time if they offered it. It's one thing to be recurring if you're commuting somewhere from the continental U.S.. It's probably a lot more complicated when you're scheduling flights from Hawaii.

My cable provider updated its info and graphics and this show is now a picture of and is starring Roger Howarth, the same way Superstore is a picture of and starring America Ferrera, and Murder is a picture of and starrring Viola Davis.

Edited by Tiger
3 hours ago, Tiger said:

My cable provider updated its info and graphics and this show is now a picture of and is starring Roger Howarth, the same way Superstore is a picture of and starring America Ferrera, and Murder is a picture of and starrring Viola Davis.

On the one hand, Roger Howarth is talented imo, but playing a character that needs to be killed with fire.  On the other hand, there is the die hard Viola Davis and America Ferrera fan girl in me that wants to scream in terror.  But that petty part is like there's no way it's a current picture.  No way.  But...it's also not Mo which lol.  

• Love 3

Bryan Craig's latest snapchat is him and one of the most random GH crew put together hanging in a limo: Bryan, Jeffrey Parisse, Marc Samuel, Carol Hennessey and Sonya Eddy.* Whaaat lol.

*aka Carlos, Felix, Diane and Epiphany.

Screenshot_2016-10-23-15-52-14_zpsnbcbzf

Edited by ulkis
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Bryan Craig's latest snapchat is him and one of the most random GH crew put together hanging in a limo: Bryan, Jeffrey Parisse, Marc Samuel, Carol Hennessey and Sonya Eddy.* Whaaat lol.

*aka Carlos, Felix, Diane and Epiphany.

Screenshot_2016-10-23-15-52-14_zpsnbcbzf

They were part of an "I Want More" fan event - I just attended today in NJ. I think BC was a replacement because the original ad for the event included Kin Shriner. Also in attendance were Ian Buchanan (Duke), Kathleen Gati (Obrecht), and Rick Hearst (Ric), who hosted. It was a collection of characters fans want to see more of. Unfortunately, from the way they all were speaking, we probably won't be seeing any of them in the near future... 

• Love 3

I kinda feel ridiculous having defended Mo on his ego:

https://youtu.be/l6Dufy3s4eo?t=1341

He starts talking about how he's been working on his ego, and then he says:

About 4 years ago I was just really obsessed with GH and having to be the guy, and this and that. Almost like I was the producer, the director, I would yell at people. I'm a good guy, people know I'm a good guy, but you know I would yell at people and was out of control. 

One day I was on the computer and there was a storyline on the show that I had nothing to do with that got great ratings, and I felt my hand shaking. I said this is not right, this is something horrible here. And I knew it was my ego.

I'm pretty sure that was about the Jake story. Even though that ended up getting horrible ratings, so I don't know what article MB is talking about. Maybe he just meant good reviews.

MB comes off as pretty self-aware and knowing he needs to work on his problems. It's not him I don't understand, I don't understand why the show has rounded back to catering to him when it's proven the show won't collapse without Sonny as the center.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't understand why the show has rounded back to catering to him when it's proven the show won't collapse without Sonny as the center.

Same here. Even at the peak of Luke and Laura, there were big stories going on that had absolutely nothing to do with them. The pacing was much better, too: If a story had been featured M/W/F one week, it was the T/T story the following week. It balanced things, and it kept the anticipation up. There's very little of that now. It's impossible to know when a story will be on and for how long. There's no sense of urgency to watch.

• Love 13

Wasn't back when Tamara Braun was Carly, there was the entire Carlo relationship that go only a fantasy relationship in a coma because MB couldn't take Ted King and Tamara Braun were better together?

I'm going with Ted King being one who got screwed.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

I'm pretty sure that was about the Jake story. Even though that ended up getting horrible ratings, so I don't know what article MB is talking about. Maybe he just meant good reviews.

I can't think of a story in the past few years that's gotten good reviews or good ratings

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I can't think of a story in the past few years that's gotten good reviews or good ratings

Oh, I remember the Luke hitting Jake got some good reviews initially. Initially being the key word, heh.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Well, the Jake story in particular tanked the ratings in 2011, leading to Guza FINALLY being let go.

I think the beginning of Frank and Ron in 2012 resulted in an uptick in the ratings, and certainly the Scorpios' espionage story in late 2013 did, too.

• Love 2

About 4 years ago?  Good ratings ?  An actor got screwed over?  My guesses would be SK, BB, or RoHo.  I know, it sounds weird, but they all fit.   Even CD in a way.  4 years ago was about 2012/2013.  The big stories were AJ returning, Johnny/Carly/Todd, Micheal reconnecting with the Q's.  There was also FonDuke going on.   SK seemed to be firing on all cylinders, so to speak.  He proved he could spark with Mo's screen partner, LW and Mo's on screen son, CD.  Also, fans loved the nostalgia of the original AJ plus Jason's biological brother plus the fruition of a twenty something year old story coming to life.  Sonny really didn't have a huge part of AJ getting to know his son.  Add to that RoHo sparking with LW (which is debatable) and being a head writer/ep favorite.  A while back there was a rumor that RoHo was supposed to play a Cassadine that was the prototype for Julian Jerome, but for strange reasons suddenly was changed to play Franco.  Maybe Mo threw a huge fit, demanded to walk out like SBu/leave for a CBS soap if something didn't happen.  Because RoHo as a Cassadine would've worked.  It would explain imo the suddenly strange writing decisions to skewer towards Sonny-centric show.  It could also be why SK chose to leave/was a factor.  For that, I wouldn't blame him.   Nor would I blame RoHo for resigning if it meant pissing in Mo's cheerios.  I think Mo honestly screwed over a few actors, but ultimately screwed the show over more. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

About 4 years ago?  Good ratings ?  An actor got screwed over?  My guesses would be SK, BB, or RoHo.  I know, it sounds weird, but they all fit.   Even CD in a way.  4 years ago was about 2012/2013.  The big stories were AJ returning, Johnny/Carly/Todd, Micheal reconnecting with the Q's.  There was also FonDuke going on.   SK seemed to be firing on all cylinders, so to speak.  He proved he could spark with Mo's screen partner, LW and Mo's on screen son, CD.  Also, fans loved the nostalgia of the original AJ plus Jason's biological brother plus the fruition of a twenty something year old story coming to life.  Sonny really didn't have a huge part of AJ getting to know his son.  Add to that RoHo sparking with LW (which is debatable) and being a head writer/ep favorite.  A while back there was a rumor that RoHo was supposed to play a Cassadine that was the prototype for Julian Jerome, but for strange reasons suddenly was changed to play Franco.  Maybe Mo threw a huge fit, demanded to walk out like SBu/leave for a CBS soap if something didn't happen.  Because RoHo as a Cassadine would've worked.  It would explain imo the suddenly strange writing decisions to skewer towards Sonny-centric show.  It could also be why SK chose to leave/was a factor.  For that, I wouldn't blame him.   Nor would I blame RoHo for resigning if it meant pissing in Mo's cheerios.  I think Mo honestly screwed over a few actors, but ultimately screwed the show over more. 

4 years ago from 2015 so that would make it about 2011

10 hours ago, In2You said:

4 years ago from 2015 so that would make it about 2011

In 2011, major stories with males that no longer have major stories/stories that were dropped include BB and CD.  I always thought it was weird that Michael's rape story didn't showcase Michael.  Also, this was the time Johnny was in the odd storyline where he made Robin and Lisa go on a scavenger hunt for a syringe.  Both promising young actors who deserved better stories, but didn't get them.  However, CD is still there, while BB is not.  The show, rumor has it, wants BB back, but he refuses.  Could it be because Mo screwed BB over before by throwing a fit and altering his character's story?  Or was that actor Jason Cook, who isn't on the show anymore either?  It would explain a few plot holes, tbh.

11 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

In 2011, major stories with males that no longer have major stories/stories that were dropped include BB and CD.  I always thought it was weird that Michael's rape story didn't showcase Michael.  Also, this was the time Johnny was in the odd storyline where he made Robin and Lisa go on a scavenger hunt for a syringe.  Both promising young actors who deserved better stories, but didn't get them.  However, CD is still there, while BB is not.  The show, rumor has it, wants BB back, but he refuses.  Could it be because Mo screwed BB over before by throwing a fit and altering his character's story?  Or was that actor Jason Cook, who isn't on the show anymore either?  It would explain a few plot holes, tbh.

It was Jake's death story. MB said the story was getting good ratings/attention and he/Sonny had nothing to do with it. Nothing BB/Johnny had done for years was getting good reviews or attention. And it wasn't Michael's rape, because Sonny had something to do with that story. Sonny had very little to do with Jake's death.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It was Jake's death story. MB said the story was getting good ratings/attention and he/Sonny had nothing to do with it. Nothing BB/Johnny had done for years was getting good reviews or attention. And it wasn't Michael's rape, because Sonny had something to do with that story. Sonny had very little to do with Jake's death.

Plus wasn't Johnny's story also about Sonny? His whole thing was revenge on Sonny for Claudia's death

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Ohhh.  So, which actor did MB "screw over"?  JJ?  And that was getting good attention/ratings?  It wasn't good at all. 

41 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Ohhh.  So, which actor did MB "screw over"?  JJ?  And that was getting good attention/ratings?  It wasn't good at all. 

MB didn't mention screwing over anyone specifically, just that he was acting out because the story was being talked about and it had nothing to do with him.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

MB didn't mention screwing over anyone specifically, just that he was acting out because the story was being talked about and it had nothing to do with him.

Did he want Sonny to be involved with the senseless murder of a toddler?  Was he sad about that?  Is that why Sonny pops up in literally every single story, even when it makes no sense for him to be there? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

MB didn't want to share the spotlight. It was about being in a big, well-received story, not the particulars of the story.

So that's why AJ getting murdered (by Sonny), Morgan's bipolar, and Morgan getting blown up have all been about Sonny primarily?   MB wanted to be the star.  Now look at the show, it sucks.   Thanks, Maurice. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

So that's why AJ getting murdered (by Sonny), Morgan's bipolar, and Morgan getting blown up have all been about Sonny primarily?   MB wanted to be the star.  Now look at the show, it sucks.   Thanks, Maurice. 

I feel like this is Eric Braeden from YR all over again. Nobody else gets to have more story or be more prominent because of these two asshats. But the daytime soap genre is dying, WTF are the execs letting these actors get away with this bullshit? Let the mother fuckers kick rocks and quit caving to them.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Badsamaritan said:

I feel like this is Eric Braeden from YR all over again. Nobody else gets to have more story or be more prominent because of these two asshats. But the daytime soap genre is dying, WTF are the execs letting these actors get away with this bullshit? Let the mother fuckers kick rocks and quit caving to them.

Yeah its exactly like how EB complains every time the young people on the Young & the Restless  get some screentime to have a storyline.  He decided they're taking over the show

• Love 1

If MB still had any influence on what stories Sonny gets I doubt he would be written like this. None of the stories Sonny is involved in actually seem like Sonny stories to me. Feels like they're more about newbies (usually Ava and/or Julian) and he's just there saying and doing the same old boring shit and looking like an idiot. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

If MB still had any influence on what stories Sonny gets I doubt he would be written like this. None of the stories Sonny is involved in actually seem like Sonny stories to me. Feels like they're more about newbies (usually Ava and/or Julian) and he's just there saying and doing the same old boring shit and looking like an idiot. 

Nooooo I don't think MB has much if any influence but  . . . I don't know if this isn't the kind of story he wouldn't choose, out of all the options he has. I don't think he wants Sonny out of the mob. So Sonny making a mess of things while having just enough characters sympathize with him so the audience doesn't turn against him sounds like his best bet. I do think if he had his druthers Sonny probably would have chased/killed the Jeromes out long ago.

I don't think he really has any power but it does seem like he gets antsy when things start to veer away from Sonny too much (in his eyes).

• Love 4
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

From that quote, it sounds as if MB recognized he was being a jerk about it and took steps to change that. 

Did he change or did he just get what he wants which is the show revolving around Sonny?  As long as he is on the show and it revolves around him I take anything he says with a grain of salt. 

• Love 7