Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Is she driving on the wrong side of the car?? I`m so confused. 

I think there's something with snapchat that is like looking in a mirror or something. Because I noticed that too at first but then more than one person looked like they were driving left side so I guess it's a snapchat thing.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ulkis said:

In other news:

https://soaphub.com/general-hospital/general-hospital-fan-fave-jason-may-have-taken-an-entirely-different-turn/

“General Hospital” Head Writers Jean Passanante and Shelly Altman told the latest issue of Soaps in Depth that they seriously debated about whether Jason’s (Billy Miller) memories should return.

You don't say. I couldn't tell from the months after they started to write of delaying having his memory return.

Not to mention the contradiction of Jason telling Sam he remembers everything and telling Robin a day later his memories are starting to return. Which is it? They can't even get that right.

17 hours ago, Kendall said:

a real world moral code

Does any soap have a real-world moral code? It's not about a real-life moral code so much as a consistent one within the show, which GH doesn't have. At all. That's my problem with things. NO ONE is allowed to hate Sonny with any kind of constancy and legitimacy. It's ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Remember that time he got in a car accident and said he realized it was a good idea to wear a seatbelt? He probably just meant when other people run red lights, otherwise it's fine

I would so love for him to get pulled over and heavily fined for being an asshole while driving.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I agree that most of these characters don't work. But the thing is, generally, when that happens - the characters GO AWAY. They're written off. Nate, Nina and Franco are all front-burner contract characters and they're going to stay that way because they're beloved, not by the audience (or so last summer's ratings indicated), but by FV.

Last summer had months of record low ratings. Months. It was regularly trounced in the ratings in multiple categories by every other soap. That summer, not coincidentally, heavily featured the RC/FV favorites and imports. It also featured some spectacularly shitty writing by RC, for which he was justifiably fired. 

Nathan interacts very infrequently with Sonny, Jason, et. al. He hasn't been shown to be an incompetent police officer. RP is an incompetent actor. He does not project an inner life or intelligence. He does not connect with his scenes partners and he doesn't have chemistry with his love interest. He's less terrible than he was, but he is boring - not because he's a good guy and not because he's received unfavorable writing. He's had major story lines and he's about to have another (completely undeserved) one - but RP is not good at his job. The only time he's been off-screen for an appreciable amount of time was when he was working on another project. While he was gone, Maxie Jones had ZERO story. The same thing happened to Michael Corinthos/Quartermaine during TC's maternity leave. Two characters with deep ties and history with the show were completely sidelined because their newbie FVfav love interests were unavailable.  

I also agree that Nina doesn't work. But she's still here, paired with Soap Superstar RH and headed towards WDv's Julian while NLG is apparently going to lose her love interest. Nina, who was in a coma for 20 years, is the main focus and the owner and savior of the fashion magazine that Maxie actually knows how to run. Poor Nina, who ripped a baby out of someone, ended up with a love interest and screentime and is one of the few women on the show who gets to have a career. A career that she was magically good at! Despite making one stupid suggestion after another and knowing nothing about fashion, editing or behaving like an emotionally mature adult human. 

Ulkis has already stated the many reasons Franco does not work - but the point is, that that doesn't matter. He's not going anywhere because FV doesn't want him to. 

They're not being written badly to favor Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam - with the exception of Franco, they're not even in stories with them. They're written badly because FV has hired a team of shitty writers and he refuses to replace those writers and has refused to get rid of any of the (badly conceived) characters who have suffered from that shitty writing and don't have goodwill established during time periods when GH had better writing.

Um I'm 100% disagree on the Nathan part. When is Nathan been FV pet? He barely gets any airtime he has been seen once in the last 2/3 weeks. Nathan neither Maxie were front-burner last summer Or had a story. They went  weeks without been seen. The only ones who  had a story last summer in the younger set were Lante with that Val mess where Dante cheats on Lulu with her cousin. When they were shown it was supporting them. There is no way you can put the ratings on him. Franco, Nina & Salis, Morgan, Kiki & Sonny by the end of the summer were all heavily featured last summer along with Val. Nathan & Maxie went a whole year without a story. They didn't  get one until he was shot & the Claudette mess started. The last story they had was right after they got together with that convoluted Spinelli mess which wasn't even about Nathan. That served no purpose at all only too make it clear that the only way Maxie could be a full-time mother too her plot point baby is too be in a loveless relationship with a man child she neither loved or wanted to be with. Which was insulting. Maxie is the legacy.

As far as Maxie not getting a story when Nathan was gone that's nothing new. Maxie back in 08 didn't get any airtime till she got paired with Guza's pet who was akin too him in his youth Spinelli. I won't even get started on what that did too Maxie. RC nearly destroyed Maxie in a means to put her back with Spinel like with that baby shit in 2013 for his Pet Spinelli. None of these writers give a shit about Maxie as individual character you have to go all the way back to the 90s too find one who did. Except for the scabs in February 08.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I think there is story to be told in a Jason who remembers who he was but has no desire to be that person again.  Jason working his way back to being exactly who he was before (with the only change being a small sense of humor) and back to all of his old relationships is boring.  The Holy Hitman who never loses is as boring as it gets.  Why keep giving him reasons to be a better, more interesting character and keep going right back to same old, same old? 

So essentially you wanted a Jason Morgan who wanted nothing to do with Sonny, Carly, Sam? It's not that I don't understand that POV from some, but I also believe that would be unfair to Jason fans and those who loved those relationships. 

So, I do think there's drama in him coming back and questioning his past life, but I think the road back to his loved ones would have always had to happen.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Does any soap have a real-world moral code? It's not about a real-life moral code so much as a consistent one within the show, which GH doesn't have. At all. That's my problem with things. NO ONE is allowed to hate Sonny with any kind of constancy and legitimacy. It's ridiculous. 

Actually, GH does have a consistent moral code. So, many people are focusing on the name Sonny and Franco, that you're missing the entire point of what I've been trying to say. I even used other examples to to express it, but since I was actually quoted...

The GH moral code is the number 2. The number 2 stands for all things criminal, except for selling drugs, strip clubs and hookers. The number 2 routinely does questionable things that most people looking in would find ... questionable and opposite of how they'd conduct their lives, but number 2 is also heralded as set of principles that should be admired. Number 2 is the center and standard of how GH should be viewed and any that deviates from 2 should be scrutinized. That's number 2 and number 2 is grey.

The number 1, by most metrics is considered to be superior to number 2. It comes first, it is light, it is what people aspire to be, it's what they march down the street screaming and throw parades for: we're number 1!!!

Now, a lot of people say that number 3 is a magic number, but even more people see it as a downgrade from both numbers 1 and 2. The number 3 does run guns, strip clubs and has a hooker on every corner of the city. The number 3 kills as many people as number 2, but it wasn't with principle, just glee. The number 3 snatches children. The number 3 threatens to freeze the world. The number 3 shows up at your wedding and then curses you. Yuck on the number 3.

The number 1 used to be the hero of the show. You wanted the number 1 to win because that is what is right. That's who gets the parade.

However, now the number 2 is the hero. The number 2's ethics are what should be considered right. So, if a number 1 tries to stop what number 2 does, number 1 is considered wrong. We aren't supposed to cheer for number 1, they are going against number 2, the one we're instructed to cheer for.

Number 1 needs to focus solely on number 3, because that number is out of control! Number 3 terrorizes the city and bothers number 2! That can't happen! Why isn't number 1 chasing down number 3? Why is number 1 worried about number 2's criminal activities when number 3 performs even worse criminal activities?

That's the problem with the show.

If they got rid of Sonny and Franco tomorrow, but still kept the code of the number 2, then GH will never be able to have credible, likable, strong and successful number 1s and will always have to create number 3s to create another target of hate in comparison to number 2.

AJ was a 3. Carlos was a 3. Luis and Lorenzo Alcazar were number 3s. Stavros was a 3. Faison is a 3. Britt and Liesel are 3s. Johnny is a 3. Claudia is a 3. Nina is a 3. Franco is a 3. When Kiki didn't want to give up Avery, she was a 3. When she did, she became a 1 that supported 2. That tattooed man was a 3. Scott is a 3, that was no more than a 2 when Luke and Laura were 1s. When Dante was just a cop, he was a 3. When he was a son, he became a 1 that supported 2. Jerry Jax is a 3. Jasper was a 1, but started going through a strange middle age crisis in which he started exhibiting 3 like behavior.

Why is GH so dark? Why do they have so many horrible characters? Because they have to make many characters 3s to divert attention from the 2s.

You can change the names, fire all of the actors, fire all of the writers and producers, but if you don't change the moral code of GH, you will still have a failing show.

Because of the format of soap operas, because it is daily and yearly, because you can't turn over cast and characters frequently and keep any consistency, you will be forced to look at 3s for unreasonable amounts of time because somebody has to be worse than the number 2s or people will start to remember that they aren't supposed like a number 2.

And you can't have a number 3 just do one thing that is so 3, because after time, you may get used to 3 and decide that 3 isn't so bad and that all of their 3ish behavior is in the past. You can't do that because that's how the number 2s that were originally 3s became 2s!

When James Stenbeck became a full on 3, he had to go on and off the show. No one wanted a full time 3. Stefano DiMera was sporadic because he was a 3. Victor Kiriakis was a 2.5 that was clearly identified and treated as such, so he could stay on the show. Those shows were full of 1s and a few 2s and that was daily living that was sporadically upset by 3s.

And I have no more analogies or examples that I can provide, so I should probably let this go.

Edited by Kendall
  • Love 7

Despair in the Afternoon takes on Day 3 of the Nurses' Ball:

https://despairintheafternoon.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/nurses-ball-2016-day-three/

Apparently singing that godawful song is like saying Candyman three times in front of a mirror: except instead of just mercifully murdering you with her hook hand, you have to listen to Sabrina sing the chorus over and over again while everyone lines up to hug her like she’s the second coming and not… an ex-coworker who tried to kill a baby and then ran off with a mob hitman.

• Love 11

Lol. "Summoned Sabrina like the Krakken." Yup.  That's how I feel about that song too.  Why does Sabrina get a song when she can't keep her nurse job?  I also love how Jelly has suddenly erased Shamwow from our memories, as though he never existed.  Sabrina was sad because she was fired because reasons, guys.  We just need to deal, like we are all Michael.  

2 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Dear IIC at GH:

Since it appears Jen Lilley will be free after all, can we switch Molly Burnett for her as Temp Maxie again? 'K, thx, bye! (If you must wait 'til she's done elsewhere, wait it out!)

Me

Kirsten made a statement today on SoD.  She won't be out long.  She had severe breakouts/skin issues due to stress that the makeup dept couldn't cover.  She said she's already doing better.  My little romantic black heart hopes Brandon and Kirsten reunite.  Yeah.  I said it.  

• Love 6
On 5/27/2016 at 10:00 PM, weathered1 said:

Totally agree.  He is capable of being very good.....when he wants to be.  If he's not happy with the material, he either phones it in and deliberately tanks scenes/stories, or chews that scenery like it's going out of style.  I can see Frank moving heaven and earth to try to get him to join GH. 

But why would he? ABC fired him before and it wasn't a good experience for him he has said. Then DAYS gave him everything on a platter, made him a Dimera, made him lead of the show. If he wanted to go back to soaps, why go to GH where he'd be mid pack to people like MB and RH instead of going back to DAYS and being lead of his show again?

GH probably can't afford him either. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

But why would he? ABC fired him before and it wasn't a good experience for him he has said. Then DAYS gave him everything on a platter, made him a Dimera, made him lead of the show. If he wanted to go back to soaps, why go to GH where he'd be mid pack to people like MB and RH instead of going back to DAYS and being lead of his show again?

That's the thing: I didn't say it would be his first choice of jobs; just that he's capable of good work and is someone I'm sure Frank would love to add to GH's roster.  (FWIW, I don't think going back to Days would be first choice either, because from some of the scuttlebutt, a fair amount of bridges were burned, but who knows.)

If James Stenbeck comes back, he must be a Quartermaine.   I refuse to accept anything else.   And he better not do that stupid accent.  But they already hired Matt Cohen as this goody two shoes priest.  Either that story has more to it or this is the stupidest regime ever.   

• Love 1

I'm not even apologizing for that one.  Pizza is more important than GH.  

And...that's not a fake accent?   I still do not comprehend a lot about EJ's story tbh.  But didn't James Scott leave Days to do prime time?   Wasn't he on AMC?  I vaguely remember him.  

• Love 1

AMC was good for hiring talented guys and doing nothing with them.  Like, off the top of my head I can think of Billy Miller, Jonathan Bennett, and the guy who played abortion baby, Josh Duhamel..  So, yeah I'd take a random AMC alum like that because they were talented, over Greenlee.  

Just checking in to see if anyone has a read on the blind item at Daytime Confidential about a producer on their way out. Any chance it could be FV? I know it's a pipe dream but I long to see Wendy Riche back at the helm.

I wish, but I'm hearing possibly JFP at Y&R.  The suits at ABC don't seem to care what FV does as long as he stays on budget.  RC was (rightly) blamed for the ratings, and I could see Altman & Passante replaced before Frank. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I wish, but I'm hearing possibly JFP at Y&R.  The suits at ABC don't seem to care what FV does as long as he stays on budget.  RC was (rightly) blamed for the ratings, and I could see Altman & Passante replaced before Frank. 

Yeah.  JFP touched the Chancellor  Manor and the Newman Ranch.  That's  like sacrilege.   Ugh.  I hope this does not mean we have to take Steve back because he is theirs.   They can have Michelle anytime.   Priority shipping.  But nope, Y&R, you keep Steve.  Take your damn writers too.  

• Love 3
20 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

So essentially you wanted a Jason Morgan who wanted nothing to do with Sonny, Carly, Sam? It's not that I don't understand that POV from some, but I also believe that would be unfair to Jason fans and those who loved those relationships. 

So, I do think there's drama in him coming back and questioning his past life, but I think the road back to his loved ones would have always had to happen.

Wasn't him completely rejecting the Q family unfair to the Q family fans?  Relationships on soaps change, and it's rarely fair to the fans of the altered relationships, but that's how shows work.  Was Lucky's drug addiction and Liz's affair with Nik fair to the fans of L&L2 (or the fans of the Lucky/Liz/Nik/Emily group)?  Was pretty much anything over the past decade or so fair to fans of the original L&L?  Was the permanent breaking up of Robin and Jason fair to their fans?  I could go on and on.  Soap writing decisions are rarely fair to all fans.  But, a Jason who rejects the mob and the emotionally unhealthy relationships he had with Sonny and Carly would certainly be fair to a lot of fans who hated what those relationships have done to the show over the years.  

• Love 17

Jason could at least wrestle with the fact that he's BFFs with the two worst people in Port Charles, who are responsible, directly or indirectly, for the majority of bad things that have happened to people he loves.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Wasn't him completely rejecting the Q family unfair to the Q family fans?  Relationships on soaps change, and it's rarely fair to the fans of the altered relationships, but that's how shows work.  Was Lucky's drug addiction and Liz's affair with Nik fair to the fans of L&L2 (or the fans of the Lucky/Liz/Nik/Emily group)?  Was pretty much anything over the past decade or so fair to fans of the original L&L?  Was the permanent breaking up of Robin and Jason fair to their fans?  I could go on and on.  Soap writing decisions are rarely fair to all fans.  But, a Jason who rejects the mob and the emotionally unhealthy relationships he had with Sonny and Carly would certainly be fair to a lot of fans who hated what those relationships have done to the show over the years.  

SBu's Jason Morgan was around much, much, much longer than SBu's Jason Q., for one thing.

I'm not comparing this to other stories and their fans, though. Because, yes, those things weren't fair to those fans either? Doesn't change how I feel about Jason Morgan and keeping those relationships that people loved.

And, at the end of the day, I don't think writers should make decisions based on what will please the haters. And I say that as someone who has been a hater about a lot of things.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason could at least wrestle with the fact that he's BFFs with the two worst people in Port Charles, who are responsible, directly or indirectly, for the majority of bad things that have happened to people he loves.

On what show have Sonny and Carly been showcased as the worst people in PC? This show CENTERS around them and has for about 20+ years now. I understand how some viewers see things, but that's never how GH has. It is what it is.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

Dammit! Well a dream is a wish a heart makes I guess.

• Love 1

Lying on my couch today, the old TV show Diagnosis Murder came on and I was sucked in. Who walked into a hospital scene but young Stuart Damon and Leslie Charleston as doctors. I sighed, remembering the old days. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

On what show have Sonny and Carly been showcased as the worst people in PC?

On the show as I see it. The writing may position them as the hero/heroine, but I don't think they are.

• Love 10
(edited)
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

On the show as I see it. The writing may position them as the hero/heroine, but I don't think they are.

And I don't think they are either. But what we as viewers believe does not change the reality of what the show is presenting. For example, I thought Patrick was a complete and utter douchebag his last year on the show. According to the show, was he? No.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Fact.  The ratings went up when Sonny was not front and center.  Fact.  The ratings went up when AJ returned and Sonny/Carly actually had to face the 20 year old chickens coming to roost.  Because long term fans were waiting and SK/LW/CD/MB sold that shit like the gold it was.   Finally, GH had pay off. Sonny/Carly and even dead ass Jason got a wee bit of payback and people watched.  Robin came home, people watched.  Michael learned Sonny shot AJ, people watched. Michael became a Quartermaine, people watched.   Sonny becomes front and center again?   Sonny can do no wrong?   Ratings plummet.   That's a fact.   People don't want to see Sonny/Carly helm the show, but their fans are the loudest on social media.  

• Love 17
53 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

what we as viewers believe does not change the reality of what the show is presenting

No, but it's fine to disagree with the show's presentation. It doesn't make anyone wrong. (I'm not saying that's what you're saying.) If everyone agreed, these forums would be really boring. ;-)

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

No, but it's fine to disagree with the show's presentation. It doesn't make anyone wrong. (I'm not saying that's what you're saying.) If everyone agreed, these forums would be really boring. ;-)

My dream is for us all to bond over our hate of Sonny tho. :P

• Love 9
(edited)
23 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Dear IIC at GH:

Since it appears Jen Lilley will be free after all, can we switch Molly Burnett for her as Temp Maxie again? 'K, thx, bye! (If you must wait 'til she's done elsewhere, wait it out!)

Me

My overwhelming preoccupation with whether or not MB will cut and dye her hair blonde disturbs me.

2 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Fact.  The ratings went up when Sonny was not front and center.  Fact.  The ratings went up when AJ returned and Sonny/Carly actually had to face the 20 year old chickens coming to roost.  Because long term fans were waiting and SK/LW/CD/MB sold that shit like the gold it was.   Finally, GH had pay off. Sonny/Carly and even dead ass Jason got a wee bit of payback and people watched.  Robin came home, people watched.  Michael learned Sonny shot AJ, people watched. Michael became a Quartermaine, people watched.   Sonny becomes front and center again?   Sonny can do no wrong?   Ratings plummet.   That's a fact.   People don't want to see Sonny/Carly helm the show, but their fans are the loudest on social media.  

I can attest to this. The only thing that made me finally give up this godforsaken show after 20 years was Sonny shooting AJ. SK left and I was like Pam on Martin PEAAAACE! Bitter bonus points for finally finding someone I could ship with LW's Carly and then killing him off...AGAIN. SK and LW were dyn-o-mite!

GH can't afford a pot to piss in because they unloaded the Brinks truck on the moobster.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 5

And probably MSt and Billy Miller tbh.  I don't think Roger Howarth and ME cost that much tbh.  I just think it's a case of Frank not wanting other soaps to have them.  I'll be honest, if it means a better overall quality show, take the Nurse's Ball away.  I don't care about three shows a year that aren't that great when I can watch an overall better GH.  Frank can ask for a bigger budget for that, but he can't ask for a bigger budget to pay TC or get SK back or get a real writing team?  Then he deserves to get his ass fired.  Deuces, Frank.  You're not Teflon, nor are you irreplaceable. 

• Love 2

God damn, I really want Jen Lilley back. 

I have nothing against Kirsten Storms and wish her well as a fellow human being, but I've been looking to have her ousted as Maxie since her FIRST DAY. Neither the writing nor her performance have given me ANY indication that the show cares about who Maxie Jones ever was. 

You want a selfish, shallow, vapid, brain-dead Valley Girl character? Hey, you're entitled there. That's fine if you want to write a boring character like that into the show. But don't take the easy way out, fire a perfectly serviceable actress who portrayed the character for about a decade, and then rewrite a character who was raised by Felicia Jones and Mac Scorpio to be such a stupid, stereotypical caricature! 

I apologize to those who have appreciated KS's portrayal of whoever the fuck she was supposed to be, but that was NOT Maxie Jones. I saw absolutely no heart in KS in the (feels like) 20 years she has ruined the character. 

With Jen Lilley, the awful writing remained, but for whatever reason the actress reached me. I never for a moment believed that KS's Maxie suffered at all from anything other than minor inconveniences that took the spotlight off her. With JL, at least I believed that she was a non-sociopathic human being who truly cared when something big happened someone who wasn't her. 

Again, I apologize to KS fans (and given her personal situation and the fact that I am honestly not a horrible person I feel the need to apologize to KS herself as well, who I'm sure is a lovely person), but I had to get it off my chest. KS should never have been cast as Maxie.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

SBu's Jason Morgan was around much, much, much longer than SBu's Jason Q., for one thing.

I'm not comparing this to other stories and their fans, though. Because, yes, those things weren't fair to those fans either? Doesn't change how I feel about Jason Morgan and keeping those relationships that people loved.

And, at the end of the day, I don't think writers should make decisions based on what will please the haters. And I say that as someone who has been a hater about a lot of things.

But, again, if they're, say, splitting up a couple, they're "pleasing the haters."  Changing any direction in a character, story line, or pairing is always going to be pleasing those who hated what was happening.  Sometimes the "haters" (I loathe that term) are right.  I get it, you apparently like Jason Morgan's relationships, but, again, with all those other things I mentioned, there were people who liked them.  But, you having a preference for Jason remaining the center of a Jason/Sam/Carly/Sonny universe doesn't mean that there's no narrative value in a different story and different relationships.  That was my point - not whether you (or others) like Jason Morgan as is, but that this wasn't the only genuine option they had.  If I remember correctly, this evolved from me initially saying that they could absolutely tell a good story that allowed Jason to get his memories back while also not going back to being Jason Morgan as he was before the dock & roll.  And while there are obviously fans of Jason Morgan, there are also probably an equal number of fans who have been waiting years to see him move back towards his Q side and away from the mob bunch ruling the canvas.  

• Love 11

I think you can create a new kind of hybrid Jason from the character now - I think that's a lot of what they've done, actually, though not quite as definitively and probably largely by accident. But if you look at it, he is not presently a hitman, he does not work for Sonny and he is closer to the Quartermaines than he's been in many years. It would not be a far stretch from where things are now for Jason to even regain a few more memories, have a moral crisis and be torn between both sides of his life. And you can do all of that without sacrificing his long-standing relationships. The fact that he was/is so close to Sonny, Carly, etc. is what would drive the drama if he chose to turn his back on that world, or even chose to/was forced to assist in taking Sonny's organization down.

• Love 12

There's good drama in a Jason who struggles with his crimes and what they've done/how they've affected people- especially his family and loved ones.  Franco became obsessed with Jason initially because Jason killed people for profit, while Franco killed them for art.   Jason killed people for money for Sonny.  Introducing Sonny to his family or bringing him so much closer hurt them severely.  That's a great story in Billy Miller's wheelhouse.  Let MB play angry, down on his luck Sonny.  Letting Sonny lose might benefit him, as his best performances come from those stories.  Let Jason be angry that Sonny killed AJ.  We will get great shows from it.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

But, again, if they're, say, splitting up a couple, they're "pleasing the haters."  Changing any direction in a character, story line, or pairing is always going to be pleasing those who hated what was happening.  Sometimes the "haters" (I loathe that term) are right.  I get it, you apparently like Jason Morgan's relationships, but, again, with all those other things I mentioned, there were people who liked them.  But, you having a preference for Jason remaining the center of a Jason/Sam/Carly/Sonny universe doesn't mean that there's no narrative value in a different story and different relationships.  That was my point - not whether you (or others) like Jason Morgan as is, but that this wasn't the only genuine option they had.  If I remember correctly, this evolved from me initially saying that they could absolutely tell a good story that allowed Jason to get his memories back while also not going back to being Jason Morgan as he was before the dock & roll.  And while there are obviously fans of Jason Morgan, there are also probably an equal number of fans who have been waiting years to see him move back towards his Q side and away from the mob bunch ruling the canvas.  

I actually don't like Jason or most of his relationships, lol. I was trying to be unbiased on this topic. But my point was I DO think there's drama in a Jason who is torn between Morgan and Q., his past life and his present, but I also don't think the show should completely stray from the bonds Jason had with Sonny/Carly/Sam/Michael/etc. That's all. I may be having trouble being clear; it's hard for me to convey my POV on the boards sometimes.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Dammit.   He's eating our boards now too.  

OT.  BC uses Snapchat.  I am shocked he does not use the puppy filter.  And sad.  I thought he was pro dog.  

He's probably afraid one of those godless foreigners will try to eat his Snapchats.  (That remains one of my favorite clueless BryDog Twitter episodes.) 

• Love 4
On 5/28/2016 at 0:09 PM, LeftPhalange said:

Blindgossip.com picked this one up.  They linked it to another blind....which is about an ABC prime time show getting cancelled.  Their links and pics are always huge clues.  The pic they have clearly has a man in a blue colored shirt holding a post it stating "You're Fired ". 

Frank, Jelly.  Update that résumé.  

• Love 1

Over at yet another sudser, people are beginning to whisper that this scribe isn't physically or mentally capable of handling the job of helming a soap's writing room anymore. 

Probably Chuckles Pratt. I've completely stopped watching Y&R, although I'm still recording it. Was away for two weeks and when I turned it back on, NOTHING had happened.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Sake614 said:

Probably Chuckles Pratt. I've completely stopped watching Y&R, although I'm still recording it. Was away for two weeks and when I turned it back on, NOTHING had happened.

Nah. Tbh their ratings are solid, so I think he's safe.  The Days writer though may want to update their résumé too.  B&B is safe as well.  Brad Bell is probably the best showrunner now IMO.  

• Love 1

but that 2nd item had nothing to do with ratings and everything to do with the writer's physical/mental state. I've long suspected Chuckles had lost his grip on reality so it wouldn't surprise me. But who knows? And honestly, even if it's Jelly, we're not going to do better anyway. The industry keeps recycling the same tired old writers with the same tired old stories.

• Love 1

I think the 3rd item is about Days writer, but the 2nd is about Jelly or could be Chuck.  They'll throw him under before Jill.  But the first is clearly about Frank IMO. Sounds like they have been paying attention and have just been letting him hang himself.  Smart move.  Another show will hire him.  He can save money, unlike JFP who blew the whole budget on sweeps.  But he's not right for GH.  Tbh, he and Ron would be great for Days.  They love history, can use vets, and know how to budget.  I wonder if we will see cast changes if/when Frank and/or Jelly leave and that has anything to do with TC taking time off.  

3 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Blindgossip.com picked this one up.  They linked it to another blind....which is about an ABC prime time show getting cancelled.  Their links and pics are always huge clues.  The pic they have clearly has a man in a blue colored shirt holding a post it stating "You're Fired ". 

Frank, Jelly.  Update that résumé.  

2 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I think the 3rd item is about Days writer, but the 2nd is about Jelly or could be Chuck.  They'll throw him under before Jill.  But the first is clearly about Frank IMO. Sounds like they have been paying attention and have just been letting him hang himself.  Smart move.  Another show will hire him.  He can save money, unlike JFP who blew the whole budget on sweeps.  But he's not right for GH.  Tbh, he and Ron would be great for Days.  They love history, can use vets, and know how to budget.  I wonder if we will see cast changes if/when Frank and/or Jelly leave and that has anything to do with TC taking time off.  

2 hours ago, jsbt said:

The writer item is about Dena Higley. She has issues going way back.

Agreed that No. 3 is Days (Dena Higley).

No. 2 says "regime" and not writer, which may indicate a writing team - Jelly. But, unless we're misunderstandings the situation, it's not like they have a vision and would be told that they need to shape up. I get the impression they are just following Frank's and the network's orders. And I doubt they'd be told that they have until the end of summer to follow orders better.  So, that would indicate that it's Pratt over at Y&R.

Whether it's Y&R or GH for no. 2, I think no. 1 will be the opposite show's EP. Not that a both the writing and the EP's necks could be on the line at the same time, but it seems like one or other would be in imminent danger. With lackluster ratings, I can see the case being made for either Frank or Jill. 

• Love 2