Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I could use a break from Nik, tbh. His story is so all over the place, and too much of it is gross. If they could write out Liz until BH's contract issues got resolved, why can't they write out Nik? Rebecca Budig can look for a job while Nik is gone and cause trouble between Curtis and Valerie. She's not well served stuck with Nik.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, UYI said:

When Becky had mono in 2011, there was a temp actress who played Liz, and that was RIGHT after the whole kerfuffle where she was fired and rehired. Very weird timing, but perfectly innocent. This could all be one little molehill. 

ETA: Nick Stabile was on Sunset Beach, so he has some soap experience. 

Small correction.  It was viral meningitis, not mono.

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I could use a break from Nik, tbh. His story is so all over the place, and too much of it is gross. If they could write out Liz until BH's contract issues got resolved, why can't they write out Nik? Rebecca Budig can look for a job while Nik is gone and cause trouble between Curtis and Valerie. She's not well served stuck with Nik.

Probably for the reason Heatlifer said, power play. Unless it really is voluntary/temporary.

24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The name is familiar, but I scanned his iMDB and nothing was jumping out at me.  I mean, he was on "Dawson's Creek", but only once so I don't think it was from that.

I do wonder if TC's attitude is, "I just won an Emmy, give me money!".

That would be silly of him. But then again, they did just re-hire Easton (and we all know that stuff about creating the role and then thinking of Easton for it is hogwash) so I can see him thinking they can afford to throw him another dollar or two.

This could all be Jamey Giddens just trying to stir up shit. Lord knows he has an anti-Frank agenda.

Well, personally, I think shorter leashes on veterans and an open, known willingness to replace actors when needed would go a long way in onscreen performances and even the chances that writers would be/could be able to take with characters and their stories, so I'm really, really, really good with this. I've been over Tyler for a very long time.

• Love 6
Just now, Kendall said:

Well, personally, I think shorter leashes on veterans and an open, known willingness to replace actors when needed would go a long way in onscreen performances and even the chances that writers would be/could be able to take with characters and their stories, so I'm really, really, really good with this. I've been over Tyler for a very long time.

I would be cool with it if we weren't on Michael Easton character # 4 and entering Year 4 of Franco. FV is willing to be easy on some actors just because, even though they've done pretty much nothing for the show.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

I read that this guy initially auditioned for the role when Nik was introduced in '96. And for the Oompa Loompa. I mean, Steve(n Lars) Webber.

He auditioned when Shaun Benson got the part, though, so he wouldn't have been an Oompa Loompa yet. 

2 minutes ago, UYI said:

He auditioned when Shaun Benson got the part, though, so he wouldn't have been an Oompa Loompa yet. 

Ah, okay. So Round 1 of grown SLW. Maybe he should have gotten it, considering the problematic casting history of this character!

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I would be cool with it if we weren't on Michael Easton character # 4 and entering Year 4 of Franco. FV is willing to be easy on some actors just because, even though they've done pretty much nothing for the show.

I barely tolerated Michael Easton when he was a vampire, so ANY incarnation of a character for him bores me and I feel for most GH fans that have had to sit through him.

I've already said my piece on Franco, he should've never been created, as I hate stunt casting and there was no way that a steadily working Hollywood actor would be around long enough to justify a "major" character being created for him. But, he definitely shouldn't have been brought back numerous times or added to the show.

Then again, I also feel the same way about the characters of Robin and Brenda: if the actresses aren't going to commit to the show for a realistic amount of soap opera time, then either recast them or leave the characters in the history books. Stop turning the show upside down for a three month run that will only leave a bunch of holes and dissatisfaction in the end.

I've also spoken about Roger: give him a real opportunity to act and I think he will and I think he will do it well.

But, Tyler? He can still hit the bricks or the Cassadine parapet.

• Love 3
(edited)
22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

While I'm over TC, too (actually have never cared for him much, TBH!), I also agree with this. Stop throwing money at new pets and pets that get chance after chance while most actors get a one and done.

Priorities are way screwed up over at GH.

Frankly, ReBu may be nice, but Hayden, AFAIC, is also a failure. Start ditching the failures and maybe the budget would be a bit healthier.

That said, IF this is a matter of TC wanting more $$$ with the way this show is on a shoe-string budget, I say let him walk, too. Or any such actor with that demand. Soaps are in their twilight. And I hate to say it, but 90% of this cast won't likely ever work again once soaps wrap. So they should be appreciative of the fact they have a job.

Edited by WendyR72
Show-string is not shoe-string! D'oh!
  • Love 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

It's definitely a power play, IMO.  Frank is letting Tyler know he ain't playing games.  And he's probably low-balling TC because he spent all his money on ReBu & ME.

Maybe, but then why cancel his PA with Genie? that has nothing to do with the show and he's giving up some money by not showing up there.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Maybe, but then why cancel his PA with Genie? that has nothing to do with the show and he's giving up some money by not showing up there.

Well, it was said TC asked for time off. Maybe something personal is going on with him.

Meh.  I think there's one man who deserves that money.  SK.  Hey, Frank this is crazy.  Heard ratings are going way down.  Got some bad writing and made bad choices.  Now you don't have a Nik.  Hahaha.  So time to call AJ.  See?  I put it in a jaunty tune.  I say bring back SK or let ME play a fifth character and be recast Nik.  Or sixth?  Or hell just let Mr. Howarth do it.  I don't care.  But I want all the tea spilled or the parapet is coming down.  

31 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, it was said TC asked for time off. Maybe something personal is going on with him.

That's what I meant, that I'm not completely convinced it's a power play.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

"Stabile, most recently seen as Camille Grammer's pool boy on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" LMAO what?!

Between that and the professional head shot of temp-Nik next to a let's call it less than flattering picture of TC, I was laughing at the whole thing.  

I do wonder if it's a power play on Frank's part.  Not that I doubt TC genuinely needed personal time off, but the choice to temp recast him instead of just letting Nik be off screen for a bit seems like a message, given the contract negotiations.  

• Love 4

Wow, I definitely didn't see that coming. And just last month he said he was glad he was playing a bad guy and hoped he would never go back to the good prince. He sounded happy about his storylines. I guess not happy enough to not want more money.

These Emmy winners, I tell ya.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Wow, I definitely didn't see that coming. And just last month he said he was glad he was playing a bad guy and hoped he would never go back to the good prince. He sounded happy about his storylines. I guess not happy enough to not want more money.

These Emmy winners, I tell ya.

And that's why I'm in favor of short leashes and open calls for replacements. Some of these actors have too much sway in my opinion of what their characters do or more importantly, won't do. That's just not how soaps work best in my opinion or in its history.

If a writing team can't write a character arc that has highs and lows, bad guy periods as well as good guy periods, it becomes stale and predictable. Not to mention, you can't keep writing characters to be darker and darker and expect the audience to not finally become disturbed by their presence, for example: half the cast of characters on GH.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

Agreed, that's a good interview.  And pretty frank acknowledging what being recurring vs. being on contract means as far as their characters, the story veers in putting Lucas with Brad instead of Felix and dropping the Rosalie shit (interesting that a) neither actor knew what the secret was supposed to be and b) they were supposed to do a scene that at least gave a little more explanation re: how Brad was able to divorce her, but it was cut for time slash more Sonny), and the response they're getting on Twitter re: their air time and the possibility of Lucas dying.

• Love 4

Happy Birthday, Genie Francis. God bless you for putting up with Tony Geary's bullshit for as long as you did. Just remember that Luke & Laura wouldn't exist if YOU hadn't been there FIRST. 

• Love 17

Despair in the Afternoon continues its Nurses' Ball coverage which, based on this pull quote, I maybe wrote?

https://despairintheafternoon.wordpress.com/2016/05/26/nurses-ball-2016-day-2/

Also, was anyone else half expecting at least a one-sided phone call from Britt before the wedding? I mean, Felix as Brad’s best man is fine and all, but we all know who his one and only true BFF is, and there is no way she wouldn’t at least be lurking somewhere in a trench coat, getting drunk in his honor during the show.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

A really terrible story should do it: Dobson, anyone? That was a power play if there ever was one. 

Given these writers inability to differentiate between a terrible story and a good one, this tactic probably isn't as effective as it used to be.

• Love 2

I think a story written specifically to "punish" an actor is different from a generically bad story, which is what we're getting now. Remember all of the "fat AJ" digs? Deliberately put in to shame Sean Kanan for whatever ridiculous sin someone thought he'd committed.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I think a story written specifically to "punish" an actor is different from a generically bad story, which is what we're getting now. Remember all of the "fat AJ" digs? Deliberately put in to shame Sean Kanan for whatever ridiculous sin someone thought he'd committed.

Did we ever find out what that was?  Because I am not above sending floral arrangements to each party signed by the other party.   Muffin baskets, balloons.  Whatever.  

(edited)

Daytime Confidential ‏@dcconfidential 20s21 seconds ago
We're hearing @breewilliamson is @GeneralHospital's Claudette! 

:neutral:

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Word.

Could they have at least not made her another blonde?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She won't have multiple personalities again, will she?  Crap...I just put that out in the universe!

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Lol. Just...lol. Lol. Lol.

• Love 4

I feel bad because about two months ago someone said "I have a bad feeling Bree Williamson is gonna be Claudette" and I was all, naaaah.

Is it possible it's just short-term?

(edited)
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I...I dunno how I feel.  Bree Williamson is not without talent, though I was very, very, verrry sick of her and her fondness for playing Jessica's alters by the time OLTL was over.

On the other hand, if true, this is Nina all over again.  "We're going to constantly talk about this chick.  And when she shows up, the audience will care because she's a soap star from another show!".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I feel bad because about two months ago someone said "I have a bad feeling Bree Williamson is gonna be Claudette" and I was all, naaaah.

Is it possible it's just short-term?

FV's favs SHORT-TERM!??

Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol.

• Love 6

Is she going to have a French accent? Cause Obrecht's accent is one silly accent too many.*

*Not implying accents from non-English speaking countries are in and of themselves are silly, but if they aren't natural the actors have a tendency to exaggerate them.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kendall said:

Word.

Could they have at least not made her another blonde?

You'd think they'd try to broaden their horizon with the hiring, instead of giving us someone who looks an awful lot like a lot of the other women already on the show.

• Love 3

Small voice: I like Bree Williamson. Lol.

Haven't cared about Claudette since she was mentioned though so I probably won't like her. Also the last thing this massive cast needs is ONE more person on the payroll. I feel like someone new has been added every week for the last month. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

FV's favs SHORT-TERM!??

Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol.

Hey now there was Roxy! :p I mean Delilah, oops. Or Delia, right? Ava's mom's name is Delia? Although technically I guess that wasn't short term but she does appear only in bits!

I cannot believe they are casting Nathan's ex with a "major" actress.

• Love 1

I can't believe two actresses now have to prop RP in a story.   Jessica Buchanan has been through enough dammit.   

I won't lie though.   If Roscoe Borne shows up and kills Nathan, Nina, Franco, and Liesel for his daughter, I'll be happy af.  

• Love 4