Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seriously.  Jason was going on about how Sonny was there for him after the initial Jason Morgan-causing accident and, to me, it's just like the constant invocations of what Sonny did for Stone.  So he was your friend a million years ago?  He doesn't treat you like a friend now.

I don't think it was/is a one way street though, like Jason begging for Sonny's scraps. They just didn't seem that into each other any more, heh.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

It's weird though cause didn't really seem like friends though by the end. Did they ever just hang out like normal people? It seems like they only ever discussed business.

Jason was more friends with Spinelli than Sonny by the end. I can't believe he didn't imagine Spin, now that I think about it. 

• Love 6

Ron would've probably been more entertaining with this.  I dgaf.  I'm bored and I kinda miss his crazy ass.  He should have Varni's job just to entertain us if Jelly is going to be boring af.  Like, can he blog or something ? What is Ron up to?  

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

It's weird though cause didn't really seem like friends though by the end. Did they ever just hang out like normal people? It seems like they only ever discussed business.

I think that's more a fault of the writing than anything else. We rarely see Sonny hanging with anyone. I guess at the gym, but even that tends to be business-related.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

From another board, RPW interview.

i listened to RPW after buzz thing

He didn't say much just a few odd things..

Clearly he is performing at the nurses's ball but was afraid to even commit to saying he was so he alluded to it several times but said not to say I'm for sure performing though ---
Cause geez that is such a spoiler! LOL

He is excited about Killon -- but doesn't get his hopes up anymore cause he kind of has been bummed few times when he did thinking he had a pairing
Said Michelle Stafford is a blast to work with and unpredictable and just goes for it and sometimes makes odd choices or out of the box choices but is fearless -- similar to Jane Elliot style of just going for it 

Said everyone was in great mood after the emmys. Said Jane even told him she loved him which was his best day of his life ever so far 

He loved shooting nurses ball even though it was long and grueling but it was fun bonding

Said he hasn't had any scenes with NLG yet he didn't think

Said it was bizarre that Dillon has not had sex yet 

Said loved working with the Qs and their dynamic and loved meeting Wally and he came in his room and said so hey we are brothers -- and they had nice vibe together and their personalities meshed 

Seemed to indicated there is some more stuff coming up with Ned and Dillon (hopefully Tracy too)

Seems like a really nice guy -- plugged his skin care line though cause someone asked about it and said he hoped he wasn't being too obnoxious on social media about it and was going to try to not post too much but he really believes in it yada yada yada

He hopes he has stuff with Bryan Craig coming regarding Kiki and both he and HE think their characters make sense together. And FV told them they day they had their first scenes it was what they call a chem test

Nothing else was really of much significance 

Okay, this makes me soften up on him a little. If Jane likes him it must mean he's good people.

• Love 8

Okay, this makes me soften up on him a little. If Jane likes him it must mean he's good people.

Well, do we know how much Jane had to drink that night?  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

He is excited about Killon -- but doesn't get his hopes up anymore cause he kind of has been bummed few times when he did thinking he had a pairing

He hopes he has stuff with Bryan Craig coming regarding Kiki and both he and HE think their characters make sense together. And FV told them they day they had their first scenes it was what they call a chem test

He's wise not to get his hopes up, I still think Dillon's just drama for the grand love epic that is Morgan and Kiki.  But who knows.  And interesting that HE is also all aboard with this new pairing.

• Love 2

I was thinking the exact same thing. He really does seem like a nice guy, if a little strange. And at least he has some self-awareness in regards to the "obnoxious" thing, unlike Brydog. Sad though that he doesn't get his hopes up for a pairing anymore. Totally agree that it's bizarre that Dillon hasn't had sex yet. He's been back in town for how long?

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

I always felt like Guza's last years as HW deemphasized whatever bond they were supposed to have. I remember hearing about the great love story and I'd just feel confused, because I hadn't seen that type of bond between them in ages.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

He's wise not to get his hopes up, I still think Dillon's just drama for the grand love epic that is Morgan and Kiki.  But who knows.  And interesting that HE is also all aboard with this new pairing.

HE stated in one of the mags that once she didn't think it was a good relationship when Morgan cheated on her again with Darby.

Or maybe Thighbolt's been giving her the evil eye when she comes to visit Bryan, heh.

• Love 6

I always felt like Guza's last years as HW deemphasized whatever bond they were supposed to have. I remember hearing about the great love story and I'd just feel confused, because I hadn't seen that type of bond between them in ages.

The last time I really remember it being emphasized was in the period of Journey and Soily, so I guess the first half of the 2000s. Sonny was just out of his mind over Courtney and Jason. I doubt anyone who was watching will ever forget that musical montage with the Portishead song, which made it look as though Sonny and Jason were estranged lovers. Sonny, brooding. The TB Carly helplessly watching him brood. Cut to a shirtless Jason, also brooding.

Then when Soily started, and Jason decided to take over Sonny's business to force him to see reason, the man-love subtext was strong again.

That story, by the way, demonstrated once and for all who was the real top dog in Guza's GH, if it came down to Jason or Sonny. Jason whipped Sonny like a mule in about a week of air time in that little turf war. Sonny was reduced to sniveling and impotently raging.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

That story, by the way, demonstrated once and for all who was the real top dog in Guza's GH, if it came down to Jason or Sonny. Jason whipped Sonny like a mule in about a week of air time in that little turf war. Sonny was reduced to sniveling and impotently raging.  

Yup. That was the start of Guza writing Sonny like a incompetent maniac. Well more so. But Jason was the real power behind the throne, so to speak.

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And interesting that HE is also all aboard with this new pairing.

I can't blame her. Nothing she's doing with BC is new. At least a Lauren/Dillon pairing has a bit of freshness.

35 minutes ago, ulkis said:
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Yup. That was the start of Guza writing Sonny like a incompetent maniac. Well more so. But Jason was the real power behind the throne, so to speak.

Guza was completely besotted with Jason/SBu. Did he dress like Jason, or did Jason dress like him? The level of identification he felt was creepy, IMO. Amusing at times, but creepy.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't blame her. Nothing she's doing with BC is new. At least a Lauren/Dillon pairing has a bit of freshness.

Guza was completely besotted with Jason/SBu. Did he dress like Jason, or did Jason dress like him? The level of identification he felt was creepy, IMO. Amusing at times, but creepy.

Bobaluza dressed like Elton John.

• Love 1

I like how even Bryan's friends are just like "just another week in the life of Bryan" :D

Bryan 
Cheers to one of the craziest if not the most crazy week I've had in my life.

‏Ryan_Pinkston 
Classic style week, eh @bryan_craig?

bryan_craig 
all the way

(edited)

Take a look back at the actors’ real-life romance in our gallery of their personal photos — it’ll make you wish GH had paired Britt and Morgan together to take advantage of Craig and Thiebaud’s amazing chemistry! 

oh for fuck's sake. er, I mean, yeah! Don't make me cry at lost opportunities SID!

ETA: So basically this guy just perused their instagrams and chose the best pictures. Where do I apply for a gig at SID?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Take a look back at the actors’ real-life romance in our gallery of their personal photos — it’ll make you wish GH had paired Britt and Morgan together to take advantage of Craig and Thiebaud’s amazing chemistry! 

oh for fuck's sake. er, I mean, yeah! Don't make me cry at lost opportunities SID!

ETA: So basically this guy just perused their instagrams and chose the best pictures. Where do I apply for a gig at SID?

Could they kiss ass any more with that "amazing chemistry" line?  Bonus points if you read it when it's alongside the picture of them both making pig faces at the camera.  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

I would write a glowing letter of recommendation using my alias, Vivian Darkbloom.  

17 hours ago, ulkis said:

Given their current circulation, I would imagine a staff writer position pays barely well enough to afford rent in one's mother's basement.

And I'm not exaggerating.

• Love 1

Wait a second, Naomi Dreyfuss (which, they need to stop with these silly character names) is Rebecca Budig's mom?  I thought she was just someone who got scammed by her father?

Wait another second...I don't care!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I bet I'd like this show if I cared about Frank's faves. But I don't. So eh.

I dunno. If I liked Franco and Nina I'd like about zero they have gotten to do. Maybe this Crimson stuff with Nina is okay. If I were a RoHo fan though everything he has done on this show as Franco, and a lot as Todd, would make me weep.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I dunno. If I liked Franco and Nina I'd like about zero they have gotten to do. Maybe this Crimson stuff with Nina is okay. If I were a RoHo fan though everything he has done on this show as Franco, and a lot as Todd, would make me weep.

I mean, no viewer is ever going to get exactly what they want. I'm more referring to screentime and care taken to X character as opposed to Y. Frank has clearly selected actors he loves and storylines are based on that instead of characters and what actually makes sense. It's nothing new to the entertainment business, though, so I'm not singling him out. Just stating that his faves aren't mine, so it makes it tough to enjoy the show.

• Love 1
Just now, HeatLifer said:

I mean, no viewer is ever going to get exactly what they want. I'm more referring to screentime and care taken to X character as opposed to Y. Frank has clearly selected actors he loves and storylines are based on that instead of characters and what actually makes sense. It's nothing new to the entertainment business, though, so I'm not singling him out. Just stating that his faves aren't mine, so it makes it tough to enjoy the show.

imo, tons of airtime and care doesn't necessarily mean good material. I would rather the characters I like not be under Frank's scrutiny too much, heh.

• Love 3
Just now, HeatLifer said:

imo, tons of airtime and care doesn't necessarily mean good material. I would rather the characters I like not be under Frank's scrutiny too much, heh.

• Love 1

I mean, yeah. Good material and writing isn't happening all-around. But I'm no longer wasting my time worrying about that bc it's a lost cause. The fact is, though, LIZ should be getting a mother, not Hayden. And the fact that Frank doesn't see that is my point. He's too caught up in his real-life friends.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Alcohol helps.   So does pretending that it's all sarcasm, imagining a future tell all.   It's not like I waited years for the character he's playing to come back, only to be murdered by the character I hate the most as played by the most overrated actor on tv.  Shrug.

4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

It's Van Montgomery's Mom!  So, there's now a world where Steve Howell and Rebecca Budig are connected.    

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I mean, yeah. Good material and writing isn't happening all-around. But I'm no longer wasting my time worrying about that bc it's a lost cause. The fact is, though, LIZ should be getting a mother, not Hayden. And the fact that Frank doesn't see that is my point. He's too caught up in his real-life friends.

I don't know, I actually have some Thoughts on That re: Liz and her parents, but that's for another thread.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

The fact is, though, LIZ should be getting a mother, not Hayden.

I like Hayden far, FAR more than I like Liz but this is so true.

3 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

It's Van Montgomery's Mom!

That's why she looks familiar!

• Love 2

Not going to lie.  If they got Reba to play someone's mom, I'd probably like them more.   Like, my dream show is Kassie DePaiva and Reba playing sassy sisters making trouble.   They started from the bottom, now they're here.   They will be besties with Tracy and snark on everyone and each other, but they have each other's back.