Type keyword(s) to search

Late Show With David Letterman - General Discussion

• Start Topic

All I want is a night of jamming with Paul and the CBS Orchestra..I love Dave...I really do but the band is fantastic and I will miss them dearly...

All I want is a night of jamming with Paul and the CBS Orchestra..I love Dave...I really do but the band is fantastic and I will miss them dearly...

(edited)

I loved everything about tonight's show. The monologue was funny. Al Franken was hilarious ("Climate change is not... real"), and he's also the first guest that Dave allowed to pay a full-blown, serious tribute.

And the Eichner segment has got to be the first time Dave's done a remote in at least a decade.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/95738141b3/billy-on-the-street-with-david-letterman

Edited by alynch
  • Love 2

Loved the Eichner segment. Was also wondering when Dave last left the studio to do a bit. Before Harry was born or before 9/11 were my best guesses. These last few weeks are going to be emotional.

I loved Wednesday's show. Al Franken's tribute was great and the Billy Eichner piece was hilarious, especially since Dave was clearly enjoying it. And I love that Eichner asked people about Biff!

• Love 1

Wait when is Amy on? My tivo doesn't list her? I have long ago stopped dvring him nightly but I am looking every night to see who is on and recording my favorites when they are on.

I can't remember the last thing SJP was involved with that I was interested in (other than Amy Sederas' "affair " with Matthew but she is awesome with Dave!

Edited by biakbiak

I saw a list of people scheduled to appear over the last 28 days. Amy is definitely on the list but I don't remember Bonnie being listed. But I'm sure it didn't have everyone who's going to be on the show before it ends. I'm going to DVR everything til then.

She's on tonight though, so we aren't off the hook that easily.

I've always liked SJP with Letterman.  I thought it was sweet she needed a kleenex as soon as she came out.

• Love 1

She's on tonight though, so we aren't off the hook that easily.

I've always liked SJP with Letterman.  I thought it was sweet she needed a kleenex as soon as she came out.

Bummer!!!

SJP needing a kleenex was "a bit" -- not a tear in sight.  LOL.

• Love 1

I usually don't mind Chen, but wow was she a comically dull guest last night, which is a shame because everything else was terrific. That Hillary top ten was one of the funniest in years ("I'll take my campaign donations in gas, grass, or ass").

Oh, i really thought SJP had a tear, haha.  Amy keeps posting about the show on her Instagram, I'll definitely have a Chris Pine-esque single tear falling during her segment tonight.

• Love 1

Dave and Amy should do a podcast. I'd listen to them talk about anything. I'm going to miss their interaction.

SJP was meh, Julie Chen was horrible but Billy Crystal was great - even the song.

Aw last night was sweet. Michael and Dave had a mutual admiration thing going on, and while Amy was all over the place, she seemed really sad about Dave leaving.

I'm going to be a sentimental mess when this all ends.

Tonight is Kevin James and Tom Dreeson. I like how loyal Dave is to the guys he came up through the clubs with (excuse that stupid phrasing!)

That was Erykah Badu's "Rimshot" Paul was playing, which also accounts for Amy's "boom, clanks" during the song.  I am a huge fan of Badu, Sedaris, and Letterman, so this was just further proof the world revolves around me. I loved her telling him that he was the one who put himself into this position.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 1

Amy's on tonight. But I just looked and Kevin James is the main guest tomorrow night. I don't give a shit if he's Ray Romano's protégée and has a stupid movie coming out. What is up with that?

Wait.  You don't recognize the "genius" that is "Paul Blart: Mall Cop".

Honestly, putting out movies like that puts this guy in Rob Schneider land for me.  And that's like being pond scum.

• Love 1

Wait.  You don't recognize the "genius" that is "Paul Blart: Mall Cop".

Honestly, putting out movies like that puts this guy in Rob Schneider land for me.  And that's like being pond scum.

Wait. You don't recognize the genius that is Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo?

• Love 1

So has Stern been scheduled for a final appearance, or are we gonna instead have to hear about him bitching on his show about not getting invited?

Over in the media thread, alynch posted a press release of upcoming guests. Stern is on it.

Over in the media thread, alynch posted a press release of upcoming guests. Stern is on it.

Hmm. John Revolta is the only weird name on that list to me.  Well and Kevin James somewhat, but he's gone and done.

I cannot stand to think of TV without Dave.  I have recorded (VCR way back when and now DVR) his shows since the 80s. I like his list, loved Amy last night.  I hope Bill Murray is on his last show, very fitting.  I wish Bonnie Hunt would have also been on the list.  She was always great with him.