Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: I Like Them All, I Just Can't Choose!

• Start Topic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Oh, Cricket.  :-(  {{HUGS}}

Thank you.  Just unbelievable.  Too  many people aren't prepared for their jobs. 

At least I don't think Skunky unpreparedness would get someone killed.

On 8/31/2017 at 11:40 PM, Byteme said:

3. Women older than 50 tend to lose definition in their eyebrows. Just go with that. Don’t recreate the brows you had in your 20s.

Pa-tooey!!

I like this:

Joan-Crawford-Perfectly-quoiffed.jpg.3e8d7397f79c407c5c92904713ba99a0.jpg Thanks Joan!!

joan18.thumb.jpg.09a7a66293832db6ef002761754a0091.jpg

Edited by artisto
added another pix for emphasis..snerk

I had a major "Oh No" moment when I read your post, Cricket.   Struggling with something like that can have significant consequences !!  For sure.... I wouldn't let her near Joe, or anyone else, for that matter.... without detailed re-training.    Unfortunately, soooooo stressful for both you & Joe.

7 hours ago, Day2Day said:

I had a major "Oh No" moment when I read your post, Cricket.   Struggling with something like that can have significant consequences !!  For sure.... I wouldn't let her near Joe, or anyone else, for that matter.... without detailed re-training.    Unfortunately, soooooo stressful for both you & Joe.

Thank you. I have to take Kody in for his last set of shots tomorrow, and then we have to contact Joe's oncologist about getting the xray done before chemo again on Friday. That nurse really upset us. I understand we are all human, but seems to me these things should be double checked.

Took Kody for a 2 hr walk up to Lake George again to socialize with people and other dogs. Was nice but we are all exhausted here.  Trying to keep up positive thoughts .. difficult. Asking for signs.... stuck in traffic a huge dragonfly hovered in front of our windshield. Hope I am not grasping at straws.

Any fun plans from you all here today?

A friend of mine in Boca Raton is nervous as we watch and see what Hurricane Irma is going to do.

Pearlclutcher - any news?

@Cricket  Very, very sad to hear all the lousy news.  Sending all my blessings to you and Joe for better outcomes and happier days.

I'm in Boca Raton.  Governor Rick Scott just declared a state of emergency for Florida.  I'm going shopping at my local Publix tomorrow but am afraid everything will be flying off the shelves, particularly water.

1 minute ago, Bronx Baby said:

@Cricket  Very, very sad to hear all the lousy news.  Sending all my blessings to you and Joe for better outcomes and happier days.

I'm in Boca Raton.  Governor Rick Scott just declared a state of emergency for Florida.  I'm going shopping at my local Publix tomorrow but am afraid everything will be flying off the shelves, particularly water.

Thank you very much. I'm praying for some better news. It is hard to live in a constant sense of terror.

Wow, small world... I've been chatting with my friend in Boca all night. She is a wreck. They started to get some things they need. Just watched a live video on FB from an ex-Weather Channel forecaster and he was great in explaining this event. Looks like the Keys are going to really get it.  You hate to hope it veers to someone else to get  hit, but I hope you don't get it directly. last year I know you dodged a hurricane. (and gas up the car!)

@Cricket, don't know if this will help, but I've been doing meditation and tai chi in order to deal with anxiety issues and depression due to job loss and the passing of my mother.  I won't say these techniques are panaceas, but they've eased my tensions a bit.  Still have crying jags, though. 

I went through Wilma in 2005, my first Florida hurricane, and do not want to go through one again. 

4 minutes ago, Bronx Baby said:

@Cricket, don't know if this will help, but I've been doing meditation and tai chi in order to deal with anxiety issues and depression due to job loss and the passing of my mother.  I won't say these techniques are panaceas, but they've eased my tensions a bit.  Still have crying jags, though. 

I went through Wilma in 2005, my first Florida hurricane, and do not want to go through one again. 

exercise was my go-to for stress relief but now i have problems concentrating on anything, the crying jags are tough to deal with. :(

guess it is a way the body has to relieve the unbearable stress we carry.

5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Best to those having troubles.  @PearlClutcher, @Cricket - please know that we all wish the best of outcomes for you.

Thank you. Been a little quiet, so stressed. So terrified Joe' B-raf or whatever it is called, test will return positive indicating treatment will be difficult. Now on the 14th, he has to go in for a brain MRI. This bullshit never seems to end. So fucking hard to keep positive when you get NOTHING back to be positive over.  I was pouring oil in the car tonight when I got home from work, it is SUNNY and suddenly starts raining like a bugger! I did see a rainbow after that, which was nice. I hope it means my friends Darlene and Peter (and now Bronx Baby) will be safe when this hurricane passes. I don't even have a sense of humor anymore. Joe wanted me to watch "Daddy's Home" with Will Farrell and Wahlburg in it, and I did not find it a bit humorus. In fact, it seemed like nasty humor to me. Tomorrow I see my doctor, who is now finally seeing Joe. I need him to do these head/neck exercises on me to stop this vertigo. I won't do them myself because it makes me heave. So, now I will heave there. :(  I hope he is ready to treat a hysterical woman tomorrow.

I really appreciate being able to vent here, and the laughs you all bring.

rainbow.jpg

19 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Thank you. Been a little quiet, so stressed. So terrified Joe' B-raf or whatever it is called, test will return positive indicating treatment will be difficult. Now on the 14th, he has to go in for a brain MRI. This bullshit never seems to end. So fucking hard to keep positive when you get NOTHING back to be positive over.  I was pouring oil in the car tonight when I got home from work, it is SUNNY and suddenly starts raining like a bugger! I did see a rainbow after that, which was nice. I hope it means my friends Darlene and Peter (and now Bronx Baby) will be safe when this hurricane passes. I don't even have a sense of humor anymore. Joe wanted me to watch "Daddy's Home" with Will Farrell and Wahlburg in it, and I did not find it a bit humorus. In fact, it seemed like nasty humor to me. Tomorrow I see my doctor, who is now finally seeing Joe. I need him to do these head/neck exercises on me to stop this vertigo. I won't do them myself because it makes me heave. So, now I will heave there. :(  I hope he is ready to treat a hysterical woman tomorrow.

I really appreciate being able to vent here, and the laughs you all bring.

rainbow.jpg

Words escape me, which is rare.  Don't want to BS you with platitudes.  Again, thinking of you.

On 9/4/2017 at 9:00 PM, Bronx Baby said:

@BronxBabe - I PM'd you.

10 hours ago, Thumper said:

Oh gosh, Cricket, giving you a HUGE cyber hug.  My sisters have vertigo and I know how awful it is.  Not to mention all the rest you and Joe are dealing with. ❤️

Thank you, Just returned from the doctor's where he did head maneuvers to try to clean out the misplaced crystals. I have to try to sleep sitting up tonight. :(

Now that Joe goes to him too, he is well aware of his issues. Told me Joe is worried about ME. Ha. Suggested anti-depressants but I declined because years go I tried to commit suicide while on them. Isn't that ironic?

Continued prayers to you, Bronx Baby. So frightening. Are you staying put or evacuating north?

9 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Beautiful rainbow, Cricket. I hope it's a good sign. You and Joe need some good luck.

Dark humor: "If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all."

You got that right.

1 hour ago, PearlClutcher said:

There has been no news of my cousin's son. I'm not going to say anything more on it since there's nothing to report. When, and if, anything is found I will post.  TY for the concern. Everyone in the path of this horrible weather, please take care.  

images (8).jpg

1 hour ago, PearlClutcher said:

There has been no news of my cousin's son. I'm not going to say anything more on it since there's nothing to report. When, and if, anything is found I will post.  TY for the concern. Everyone in the path of this horrible weather, please take care.  

PearlClutcher, I had no idea.  I am so sorry.  I haven't come over to this board for awhile, so I'm catching up on everyone's news. 

4 hours ago, PearlClutcher said:

PearlClutcher, continued prayers for you and your family.

I'm almost afraid to post anything OT on the other forum any more, so I'll post this here only. 

My mother is dying. 

And i can't even put together a coherent post. 

Cricket, Pearlclutcher, Bronx Babe - sending love and prayers. 

And for everyone in Irma's path - sending love and prayers. 

3 minutes ago, imisspuddy said:

I'm almost afraid to post anything OT on the other forum any more, so I'll post this here only. 

My mother is dying. 

I'm so sorry. Can I ask what happened? 

6 minutes ago, seahag said:

(((Imisspuddy))) praying for you and yours

Thank you so much , Seahag!! 

24 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Imispuddy, I am so sorry.  Are you able to be with her?  ❤️  You are in my thoughts -- wishing you comfort and strength.

Yes, Thumper. Thankfully, she is close by and I'm spending as much time as I can with her. Today I played her favorite music for her. Her opera and Elvis. She always called him her boyfriend. ;) She is sleeping mostly and slipping away, but I think somehow she knows. 

35 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Oh, @imisspuddy, I'm so sorry.  {{HUGS}}  Holding you close in my heart.

Thank you so much, Carpe!!

37 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

I'm so sorry. Can I ask what happened? 

Of course, TT. She has had dementia for 10 years. I've taken care of her since my father and brother died 23 yrs ago. I moved her to a wonderful dementia facility 8 years ago where she had a rebirth of sorts. Sounds funny writing that! But the kids and I (they were very young then!) really got to enjoy her again.

Then 6 years ago after she broke her hip, I had to move her to a nursing home. The staff there have loved her dearly and been great with her.

They and the other residents who are able have been coming in to say goodbye.  They have told me how much they love her, always with tears in their eyes  

Her dementia has progressed to the point where she can't physically swallow any longer. 

Many years ago I got all her affairs in order. Her wishes were no extreme measures. I have taken no extreme measures. After my father died, i promised her I would never leave her alone. I have never left her alone. 

It has been the longest goodbye. 

Ladies, thank you.  I don't know if I've made any sense at all, but writing  all of this out has helped so much. 

Your caring and concern are overwhelming  

thank you  

This made me cry.  I had that long goodbye with MamaCarpeDiem.  It's gut wrenching and heartbreaking.

But I did smile about the Elvis comment.  Mama listened to Elvis gospel music toward the end.  It calmed her.

1 hour ago, imisspuddy said:

Ladies, thank you.  I don't know if I've made any sense at all, but writing  all of this out has helped so much. 

Your caring and concern are overwhelming  

thank you

Thank you for writing that and telling us. It does make sense. 

I'm glad you had this time together. Please take comfort in that it seems peaceful. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you are not alone at this time but have others around you. 

I, too, took care of my mom during her long final illness. I had made deathbed promises ro my dad that I would do right by my mom and I never waivered from that or let him down.  Mom had the best of everything that I could provide and to this day, all these years later, I am happy and content with that.

When we've done the absolute best we can, it is ok to accept, if not embrace, the inevitable. Everyone's suffering deserves to eventually end.

@imisspuddy - you have clearly given your mom everything she could want for as long as you could.  Although you will miss her terribly, she may well be ready to have it end.  Letting her do that will be the hardest gift you have ever given, but it IS a gift, and eventually you will be proud of yourself for having given it 

You have my complete empathy, my virtual friend, and we are all here to help you go through this - as sympathetic ears and sounding boards.

9 hours ago, imisspuddy said:

My mother is dying. 

I hurt for you. There is no greater pain or feeling of helplessness then to watch a loved one leave us.

download (6).jpg

9 hours ago, imisspuddy said:

i promised her I would never leave her alone. I have never left her alone. 

You are a good woman.

God bless you

@imisspuddy, prayers for peace for your mother and you as you go through this. I am another who did the long goodbye. It was beautiful and sad at the same time. As the years go by it will become such a precious time. I have been strengthened and comforted by being there by her side. Blessings and hugs sweet lady.

Edited by kittygirl
24 minutes ago, Cricket said:

is it odd that I want to stand in the raging surf in Florida right now and watch the vicious waves come on shore?

images.jpg

People do that all the time here. Any time they mentioned a hurricane or tropical storm, they run to the oceanfront to interview the people at the beach.