Type keyword(s) to search

Queens of Season 8

• Start Topic

for my money I'm always good with the episode thread so people can post juicy queen gossip in a central place.  And it always seems like general observations about the queens bleeds into the discussion about the episode....but YMMV

How about a "Queens of Season 8" thread?  Anyone can talk about any queen at any time.  It just seems like an awful lot of clutter to have a dozen separate threads, most of which won't go past one page of posts (if previous seasons are any indicator).

• Love 5

How about a "Queens of Season 8" thread?  Anyone can talk about any queen at any time.  It just seems like an awful lot of clutter to have a dozen separate threads, most of which won't go past one page of posts (if previous seasons are any indicator).

I like this idea a lot! 

Also how about having a separate thread for Untucked?  Having to sift thru all the posts to chat about just what happens during Untucked gets a bit confusing...

• Love 2

Speaking of our fallen queens, while Dax's videos so far aren't doing anything for me, I have fallen in love with Laila McQueen. Her shark attack video was so good, and her shark platform shoes were everything! She's definitely my style of performer.

I looked up Dax's tumblr the other night hoping to see more cosplay but it doesn't look like she really does more than a few characters or really goes to many conventions for someone who says she's the queen of all nerds. I was kind of disappointed, to be honest...there are a lot of conventions in Georgia and I go to a few of them regularly, so I was curious if we'd ever been at the same ones. Apparently not.

Maybe she'll start going to more of them.

Wow, that's really something! I'm so glad Betty is helping her out, although it sounds like they think she's cancer free now. She wasn't on the show very long, but she was able to share her enthusiasm and sweet personality, so I hope she really gets the post show increased opportunities.

• Love 1

I won't say which queen it is but I have an ex-friend who is a transman whose birth first name and male first name are the exact same as one of the queens' (well, the character name and the actual name) this season and it's kind of jarring. Now that my mind's made the connection, I can't unmake it.

Edited by belligerent

Question: does anyone know how the queens of season 7 are feeling now that pretty much everyone is saying how much better the queens of season 8 are?

I would think it has to hurt and a few of them (Pearl) seems like the lashing out type....

• Love 2

Question: does anyone know how the queens of season 7 are feeling now that pretty much everyone is saying how much better the queens of season 8 are?

I would think it has to hurt and a few of them (Pearl) seems like the lashing out type....

As much as I didn't like S7 I have often wondered this myself.....I would hate to think that my favs from last season like Max, Katya, or Ginger that their feelings might be hurt over all the "OMG these queens are sooooooo much better than last year" comments. If I was in S7 and heard these comments I would be upset. Out with the old and in with new and better
  • Love 1

I don't know any of them personally, but most of them are consistently working. Trixie moved to WeHo, Kennedy is still on the pageant circuit, Katya has been everywhere and Miss Fame does a touring make-up artist kind of show where she paints a famous queen to look like her.

• Love 1

There is a bonus clip on Youtube of Bob talking about having a sex dream and the queen asking Robbie why all the Seattle queens talk the way they do. Very silly.

I really like the bonus clips (I think you can watch them on the Logo app).  It's nothing really but silly fun but it's kinda of fun way to find out more about the queens.  And watching them interact with each other in a casual and playful way.  =)

• Love 1

So there is a bonus preview of the Snatch Game episode. Derrick isn't playing Britney Spears, so kudos to him for taking a risk. I can't tell who he is trying to be, though. Can anyone else tell who that is? Paula Deen? Suzie Orman? Jeri Jewell? He's wearing a short brown wig and pulling weird faces.

• Love 1

So there is a bonus preview of the Snatch Game episode. Derrick isn't playing Britney Spears, so kudos to him for taking a risk. I can't tell who he is trying to be, though. Can anyone else tell who that is? Paula Deen? Suzie Orman? Jeri Jewell? He's wearing a short brown wig and pulling weird faces.

Hey Cosmic it's rumored that Derrick is doing Shocantelle Brown which is a white girl ghetto character created by comedian Laura Bell. Here's a vid with Perez Hilton and Shocantelle

http://youtu.be/PBem0JoNQHs

Guurrrrrlllll I just don't know........

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks, Dirtybubble for the link! I hadn't heard of Shocantelle Brown, which probably goes a long way towards why I couldn't figure out who Derrick was trying to be.

I hadn't heard of her either but from what ive seen from the video it's gonna take a comedian with a lot of "soul" *eye roll* Enh I don't think she can pull it off Edited by Dirtybubble

Who does Robbie Turner look like in his talking heads? It is driving me crazy. I think it is a comedian, and probably from the glasses

For me personally, he reminds me of a good friend of mine, although said friend would probably not appreciate the comparison.  At least he's not that nasal.

For me personally, he reminds me of a good friend of mine, although said friend would probably not appreciate the comparison.  At least he's not that nasal.

I totally get Fred Armisen from Robbie TurnTer

armisen.jpg

• Love 1

I haven't been reading the boards much because this is truly the first season of RPDR (and I've been there since Season 1 when they still had absolutely flawless reunion shows) and we are at Snatch Game, for cryin' out loud!, and I am not feeling these gals at all. I don't do what I call 't.v. hate' anyone (well, Michelle Visage, of course but that's evergreen and maybe more because of the way she can get one What's the T? podcast with Ru that I still listen to now and again ) but absolutely don't love anyone either.

I watch the show (and here in Canada we get 'Untucked' on tv right after the show airs) and yeah, it's just habit. I'm kind of tapping my foot and looking at my watch and waiting for 'All Stars 2' to start (this fall, right? ... and, it's still my dream to see Miss Alyssa Edwards crowned Queen of All Stars 2!) I don't care who wins but since someone must I'll pick Thorgy only because it would be like having Baby Jane Hudson win for Prom Queen and that's a groovy kind of thing!

• Love 1

Didn't think I was going to, but I love Naomi Smalls. Sweet, self-aware, there to learn and improve, and oh that body. Good gracious.

Acid Betty in drag reminds me strongly of someone and I cannot quite put my finger on it. Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, maybe? I was sorry to see her go bc her looks were always awesome. At this point I'll be sad to see anyone go except Derrick Barry because I do not dig his attitude. Also Thorgy is starting to get on my nerves - just bring it, queen, and don't worry about Bob.

• Love 3

Didn't think I was going to, but I love Naomi Smalls. Sweet, self-aware, there to learn and improve, and oh that body. Good gracious.

Acid Betty in drag reminds me strongly of someone and I cannot quite put my finger on it. Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, maybe? I was sorry to see her go bc her looks were always awesome. At this point I'll be sad to see anyone go except Derrick Barry because I do not dig his attitude. Also Thorgy is starting to get on my nerves - just bring it, queen, and don't worry about Bob.

I totally agree about Naomi! It's so rare for me to support a body queen. In the past I've found them to be vain, unwilling to grow, and honestly not very bright but Naomi is the exact opposite. For such a young queen she is amazingly self aware; she is very aware of her strengths and weaknesses and not ashamed to admit it. She seems willing to improve and learn. Plus she seems to have such a sweet and compassionate nature. She's someone I'd like to hang out with.

Do you mean Acid Betty looks like C. Kennedy? Enh...idk. I've heard some very very mean things about AB looks out of drag.......I've found him to be unconventional handsome.

• Love 3

I agree about Naomi. She seems so incredibly sweet. All "fishy" queens should take notes from her on how to be pretty AND a good person *cough gia gunn cough*.

I'm also really pleasantly surprised by Chi Chi, who despite saying she's there for the money, seems like she's taking all the feedback well instead of shutting down and getting defensive, and she is very resourceful and funny. I wasn't really wowed by her intro video, so I'm glad she's exceeded my expectations based on that.

I feel like I could probably enjoy hanging out with any of the queens this season aside from Derrick. And I don't really dislike him, he just has a very closed-off nature. I'm sure he could host a party just fine but you wouldn't come home from that party feeling like you knew him any better. It's different from the way Acid Betty is "abrasive" because I think with her it just comes from a place of caring but not able to express it in a way that's unfiltered. With Derrick, everything is filtered so you get this weird sense of "who is he really and why doesn't he want us to know?"

• Love 2

I gotta admit, I severely underestimated Chi Chi.  I thought she'd be one of the first ones to go.  But I'm pleased that my initial love for Thorgy has proven to be a good instinct.

I don't think there's any surprise to anyone at all to how Bob turned out.  Most direct intro-to-competition assessment ever, I think.

• Love 2

I gotta admit, I severely underestimated Chi Chi.  I thought she'd be one of the first ones to go.

I think everyone did. Chi Chi is in the weird place of not really having a hook, she's not a comedy queen, look queen, pageant queen, fishy queen or genderfuck queen. There is a definite feelin that she hasn't coalesced what her drag is yet. And most of those kinds of contestants aren't very strong and go early. But she's very smart and adaptable and it's kept her head above water so far.

Though so far Acid Betty going so early was the only real shock for me, since Dax, Laila, Naysha, Cynthia and Robbie all hit me as people not long for the game.

• Love 1

I've been in my office, bopping to Bob's new video Purse First for the last half hour. The video is so fun and I loved the appearances by Todrick Hall, Manila Luzon, and barbiesaddiction (among others). Now I'm going to have the chorus in my head for the rest of the day.

• Love 3