Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: One Man's Trash

• Start Topic

Well, I muted most of that shit. Hate the very sound of St Dickwad's voice. Cleen was just as fucking annoying. This episode made me happy that Jason beat him. I despise the theme of the season and the extra power it gives these losers.

Still liking Anthony a ton, though. I really wanted him to win that challenge.

• Love 6

I'm disappointed that Chris went home.  He had some issues with the theme, but that drawing was at least cool and outside-the-box, and his canvas loved it.  Ashley can't draw and is really whiny about it.  I really don't need to see more from her.

Cleen is annoying, but at least he brings it with his tattooing.  St Marq adds nothing but mouth.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how few trainwrecks there are among the newbie contestants.  Most of them are at least solid, and a few seem like they have the potential to be exceptional.

I don't remember Cleen's voice being so.... high.  I was unimpressed with Ashley for a second week in a row.  Her canvas was TRYING to help her and she wasn't all that interested in listening to what she had to say.  And then she had the nerve to try to throw her canvas under the bus for the bad design.  That makes me so angry.  You're not getting a bad motorcycle tattoo past Ollie.  St Marq can just leave.  I'm sick of typing his made up little name.

• Love 2
(edited)
I don't remember Cleen's voice being so.... high.

I don't remember Cleen having teeth. 

Cleen can be convinced/cocky/arrogant as far as I'm concerned because he proved himself on his season.  Losing to Jason was criminal.  St. Marq on the other hand has no reason to be convinced or arrogant.   He's a douche.

I thought Ashley and Alex were insane to be gunning for Cleen; they should have attempted to take St. Marq out.  I'm disappointed with Ashley so far after seeing her portfolio in the first episode.  She's clearly an artist.   I'm wondering if she was spared because she's one of only two females (until Sarah shows up.)

Chris' tattoo wasn't bad and it's what his canvas wanted.

I continue to be impressed with Anthony.  His work is good and I like the fact that he's (so far) the strong and fairly silent type. 

Megan's strategy on the flash challenge was smart - - don't give douchey St. Marq the chance to throw you under the bus.

I love Dave.

I miss Josh.

Edited by psychoticstate
  • Love 1

Her canvas was TRYING to help her and she wasn't all that interested in listening to what she had to say.  And then she had the nerve to try to throw her canvas under the bus for the bad design.  That makes me so angry.  You're not getting a bad motorcycle tattoo past Ollie.  

I thought her canvas was difficult, TBH. The canvas seemed to expect her to be an expert on motorcycles, and instead of helping her out, she was condescending. "Please tell me you know what <random motorcycle part> is". I didn't much care for her. That being said, I don't think the world's best canvas would have had any better luck. This girl is in over her head (I forget her name and don't care to learn it as I doubt she'll be around long).

Cleen just doing an engine seemed like a cop out to me. It was his theme! Choppers and hot rods, not "assorted parts". I don't understand enough about the different tattoo styles to tell you if this was a good tattoo or not, but I was a little bothered that he seemed to be the least compliant with the actual challenge.

• Love 3

Cleen just doing an engine seemed like a cop out to me. It was his theme! Choppers and hot rods, not "assorted parts". I don't understand enough about the different tattoo styles to tell you if this was a good tattoo or not, but I was a little bothered that he seemed to be the least compliant with the actual challenge.

That bothered me, too, and I was surprised no one brought it up. Everyone else did entire hot rods/choppers, and he just did a really accurate engine. It didn't quite seem fair.

Shut up, St. Douche.

• Love 2

Cheek Tattoos Guy is as bad as St. Puke or Clean Fuck One.

I'm glad Red is so good though. We've been long overdue another actual competent female tattooer. She got dinged in the second episode, but it was for artistic choices IMO more than her overall talent.

• Love 3

I am just disappointed in the entire setup of the show.

Vets should be at a disadvantage coming back to the show, not an advantage.

And we saw a good reason why in this episode. Both the vets had canvases that knew them and basically said "do what you want to me". The other artists don't have that benefit.

And then of course there is nerves. There HAS to be some nerves tattooing with a camera in your face and the time constraints. The vets most likely got used to it. The newbies, not so much.

So in addition to all that, lets go ahead and add in the fact we will only bring back one vet per episode, so by the 8th episode a vet will come back not even having to have tattooed for a good portion of the competition...what the hell?

It's obvious the judges are going to give passes to the vets. St Douche should have went home on his tattoo last week. This week Cleen picks the damn theme of hot rods and motorcycles and then does an engine...a frickin' engine (when his client initially wanted a full motorcycle, on his ribs no less).

And to top it off does an "American flag" that is a Puerto Rican flag. While he definitely didn't need to go home over it (the bottom three were pretty bad, though Chris' was just a case of not doing the task, it was not necessarily a bad tattoo), he should NOT have won. Cleen even SAID it was an American flag, how the hell do the judges give him a pass on that?!

I personally think if you don't give your canvas exactly what they ask for, you should NOT win. Why have the skull picks if guys like Cleen can just use their "celebrity" to give them an easier tattoo in an easier place?

I can already see it now...the final 8 will probably be 6 vets and 2 newbies. The newbies just have the deck stacked against them for whatever reason. The vets are, well vets...they are the ones who should have the tougher hill to climb.

• Love 5

St. Marq continues to be an asshole. In other news, water is wet and fire is hot.

Cleen is… more annoying than I remember. And his teeth are weirding me out. Get some braces man.

Again we get some more than decent tats, a few really excellent and a couple where I hope that the canvas has a good laser facility close by. I’m loving Anthony and I’m amazed that he puts out  this kind of work with his relatively limited experience. Christian may have a mouth, but he does put out a petty gorgeous tattoo. Didn’t like Cleen’s at all even though he won. And I absolutely hated St. Dickwad’s – that was just such an awkward design and his color saturation was pretty non-existent.  Still, can’t argue with the bottom three.

I kind of liked Chris and am sorry to see him go. This wasn’t the right kind of format for someone like him. I dug his free-spirited artist spirit and his tattoo just wasn’t bad enough to be sent home. Unfortunately he just missed on the challenge.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 2

St. Marq continues to be an asshole. In other news, water is wet and fire is hot.

Cleen is… more annoying than I remember. And his teeth are weirding me out. Get some braces man.

Again we get some more than decent tats, a few really excellent and a couple where I hope that the canvas has a good laser facility close by. I’m loving Anthony and I’m amazed that he puts out  this kind of work with his relatively limited experience. Christian may have a mouth, but he does put out a petty gorgeous tattoo. Didn’t like Cleen’s at all even though he won. And I absolutely hated St. Dickwad’s – that was just such an awkward design and his color saturation was pretty non-existent.  Still, can’t argue with the bottom three.

I kind of liked Chris and am sorry to see him go. This wasn’t the right kind of format for someone like him. I dug his free-spirited artist spirit and his tattoo just wasn’t bad enough to be sent home. Unfortunately he just missed on the challenge.

Chris was entertaining with his silliness. He had an interesting back story, and I would have liked to see what else he could do. But he's not a drama stirrer, and Ink Master Execs think that's why we watch this show. They have no idea how much I mute this show when the griping starts.

• Love 2

The only thing that saved Ashley was that she and Alex won the Flash Challenge. Maybe it's just me, but her tattoo is even worse on close-up on the official Ink Master website. I swear it looks like the motorcycle on her Elimination Tattoo is actually missing a handlebar. I agree with everyone that states Ashley does little but whine. This is one again amateur hour and makes me wish that Best Ink was still on the air.

The format for this season is really idiotic and is unfair. The veterans (except St. Marq) are basically being allowed to skip challenges and enter the competition. One would think that Spike wouldn't make the same mistake considering that there was A LOT of controversy with Season 3 of Face Off when that girl Nicole was eliminated and then got to re-enter the competition later and win the whole thing. There will be similar controversy if any veteran besides St. Marq (who sucks as an artist) wins since they got to skip challenges like Nicole did.

As an aside, could someone please explain to me why St. Marq was invited back to the show? There are plenty of other Ink Master vets that talk as much nonsense as St. Marq and have a better report card. Marq never won a challenge in Season 6 and didn't even make it to the halfway point. St. Marq should've either went on a diet and hit the gym or wear bigger shirts, because he has a keg belly and those tight shirts aren't helping.

EDIT: It's a shame Chris from last season isn't on this show. He was always good for a laugh because he looked like the Charger from Left 4 Dead 2.

Edited by MuMuGuy
  • Love 4
This is one again amateur hour and makes me wish that Best Ink was still on the air.

That show was so much better. Better artists, no drama and shit-talking (or at least they opted not to include it), and I even liked the host despite myself!

• Love 3

Agree that the scales are WAY too tipped in favor of "The Veterans."

Not only will they have progressively fewer challenges to perform than the newbs, but they also enjoy the insane headstart advantage of choosing their own first challenge.

It's ridiculous they get a total pass at judging when the recognition factor inspires the canvas people to say "Whatever you want to do is fine by me"--WTF?!  At the very least, the judges should note in the critique when an artist fulfills half of the original request.

If they're so hot for "Redemption!" they should have to battle uphill to earn the privilege, not slip in with the deck stacked in their favor.  Who designed this nonsense, anyway?

I think "I don't follow rules" was another way of saying "My English isn't fluent enough to catch all the rules."  I also think Ashley doesn't know shit about motorcycles.  Too bad those two weren't Veterans, so we could have found a way to make adjustments for all that.

"When was the last time you saw a motorcycle coming out of a skull?"  LOL

• Love 2

It's a shame Chris from last season isn't on this show. He was always good for a laugh because he looked like the Charger from Left 4 Dead 2.

He totally did. And he was good for that look of irritation and head shake they could edit in every time he was criticized or an opponent was praised.

Seriously, though, if they had to have someone from last season, it should have been Matt, Chris or even Duffy. All are better artists and more interesting people than this dickhead.

• Love 2

St Marq is a joke. The newbies should have told Cleen on camera he was in the bottom for his challenge. That would have ramped up drama for those 2 and let the newbies slide a bit.

Otherwise, totally agree with y'all.

Ashley, with her art background, basically can't draw a bike? Her canvas was an ass though and should have pulled up her bike online. Now she's stuck looking like an ass. Lol

I do like the premise of having veterans come back like this and competing one at a time by doing their speciality, I think it´s exciting to see what they come up with and how they do and there are some real tough ones among the bunch. But it´s ridiculous to have them hold all the cards, I think that if they don´t have "their" tattoo in the top three then they should automatically be out on their first try. St.Marq should have been out in the first episode, if not for that horror tattoo he did, then just to make the group of contestants more balanced. He has sucked once before, let someone else suck a little bit longer this time! Cleen could have stayed but he was nowhere near having the best tattoo, he should have been called out for the flag and for not doing anything like what the canvas asked for. I think this kind-of-a good idea is falling flat by the way the judges have handled it.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1