Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I did Zumba with Jinelle when she was in Australia. She doesn't look as thin in person actually. She looks fit and healthy but I think she is blessed to be naturally thin BUT curvy at the same time. And she is the sweetest person EVER! I love the exotic look. Girls like Erica, Amy, Holly (Arielle) are gorgeous of course but if all the girls looks like that... BORING! Girls like Jinelle, Mary, Simone are beautiful and I personally find them sexier. I thought Jinelle had the best photos in the latest swimsuit calendar. When I did Zumba with her, I think I stared at her more than I danced, and this was before I knew she was a DCC! 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Can someone tell me how to quote JUST a photo from a reply and not the whole reply (Every time I try to quote the G3 photo I get any text with it)? I have a question about the G3 photo (the girl on the far left - Is that Megan who was featured calling home on the day of the squad announcement on the last MTT?).

Not massively helpful I'm afraid, but I just highlight and delete all the content I don't want, so if there is a part of the quote I want, I just delete all the other bits.. Perhaps you could do that? Delete the writing until you are left with the picture? All I can offer I'm afraid, until someone else gives you a proper answer.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bailey3606 said:

Yeah, I think Jinelle is gorgeous and has hands down the best body on the squad. Lean, rock hard abs, but still feminine and curvy. Also, she has the best legs! 

Yeah!!! Fun game: 

if I had to have anyone on the CURRENT squads qualities id have;

jinelle or kasharas figure 

Ericas/Jenna's face 

Danielle/ericas hair (suck on that kitty Carter) 

holly Ps dance skillzzzzz 

Kelli Qs determination 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JC123 said:

Yeah!!! Fun game: 

Ericas/Jenna's face 

Kelli Qs determination 

I think I'd just be Kelsey! She's stunning IMO.

.. If I fancied a change of hair colour though, I might have Stephanie's hair.

• Love 2

Just looking back at Milan's Instagram pics and her changing hair colours. I wonder why the even tampered eith her hair colour to begin with?

I actually prefered the colour and style she went to training camp with.

I didn't mind the brown they dyed it, though why they did when they are in need of blondes is beyond me, but this new colour is a bit .. meh and the sweeping bangs make her a bit (forgive me if this is the wrong term) soccer mom. I think she looked much fresher before they started messing with her hair.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

And Jinelle's photos are on a few of the "hottest cheerleaders" sites. My son told me LOL!

I think the DDs have something to do with that.

• Love 3

Jinelle was all over the swimsuit calendars this year, so I don't think she's always shunted to the side. Plus, she's a second leader this year, so she'll be front and center for all the sideline routines. I think she has gotten prettier over the years on the outside, but she always had seemed like a truly lovely person, which I deem far more important. Loved seeing her talk about her grandmother in one of those DCC videos--I think it showed a lot of the kind of person she is.  I'm glad she got the back cover and a calendar month this year! Nice for her to get that kind of validation, since there's always been so much varied talk about her appearance. 

I was a bit surprised to see Maddie so prominently placed in the squad photo. I think she does look prettier this year, but haven't seen enough (due to the summer media lock down) to totally revise my opinion on her appearance - which was that she's cute but not DCC pretty. But makeup and styling can do wonders for a baby-round face, so I'm prepared/hoping to be wowed. I don't care that much that some girls on the team aren't that pretty to me, since I presume they are great dancers and have personalities that make them more attractive. I like that looks aren't everything for the DCC. 

I've never heard that Erica is a mean girl!! I don't want to believe it! Say it isn't so! She seemed so sweet when featured her rookie season, and I've been a fan of hers since. I'm also not ready to believe that Megan is a mean girl, just based on hearsay about one incident with Kyndall. I'm not sure what happened, since I only read about it here, and that's not enough for me to judge. 

And woah, Kat supposedly wore an inappropriately skimpy dress to the finals interview!? I hadn't heard that before either. I can't imagine that got her cut (I saw her audition video), but I could see it adding to the performance strikes against her. Bless her heart. (Lol, my phone predicted "bless her head.") 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, CaliGirl94 said:

I would TOTALLY agree on Jinelle! I really wish she could have got the cover of the swimsuit magazine. She is truly beautiful inside and out and an amazing ambassador to the DCC program. Erica is beautiful on the outside but from what I understand is one of the mean girl divas on the squad. Not always nice to the other girls. Loves to hide behind her computer and trash talk others...Jenn K, K&J, etc.   

"Pretty is- is what pretty does "

I appreciate the variety of looks & body types - love Megan, Amy T, Jinelle!!. Beauty is a personal opinion- very objective?

57 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Jinelle was all over the swimsuit calendars this year, so I don't think she's always shunted to the side. Plus, she's a second leader this year, so she'll be front and center for all the sideline routines. I think she has gotten prettier over the years on the outside, but she always had seemed like a truly lovely person, which I deem far more important. Loved seeing her talk about her grandmother in one of those DCC videos--I think it showed a lot of the kind of person she is.  I'm glad she got the back cover and a calendar month this year! Nice for her to get that kind of validation, since there's always been so much varied talk about her appearance. 

I was a bit surprised to see Maddie so prominently placed in the squad photo. I think she does look prettier this year, but haven't seen enough (due to the summer media lock down) to totally revise my opinion on her appearance - which was that she's cute but not DCC pretty. But makeup and styling can do wonders for a baby-round face, so I'm prepared/hoping to be wowed. I don't care that much that some girls on the team aren't that pretty to me, since I presume they are great dancers and have personalities that make them more attractive. I like that looks aren't everything for the DCC. 

I've never heard that Erica is a mean girl!! I don't want to believe it! Say it isn't so! She seemed so sweet when featured her rookie season, and I've been a fan of hers since. I'm also not ready to believe that Megan is a mean girl, just based on hearsay about one incident with Kyndall. I'm not sure what happened, since I only read about it here, and that's not enough for me to judge. 

And woah, Kat supposedly wore an inappropriately skimpy dress to the finals interview!? I hadn't heard that before either. I can't imagine that got her cut (I saw her audition video), but I could see it adding to the performance strikes against her. Bless her heart. (Lol, my phone predicted "bless her head.") 

I don't think it was skimpy like a clubbing dress - the judges were NOT happy with the cut-out style dress that was so popular this year.  Kat wore one of those as did a number of others; from my understanding, anyone who wore those was called out in the interview.  Kat just also had another strike against her in that she was LATE. :-/ 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, JC123 said:

Yeah!!! Fun game: 

Ericas/Jenna's face 

Kelli Qs determination 

love this!!

I would just be Kelsey I think lol  She is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen, and I think she has amazing dance skills and seems like a complete sweetheart.  I have dark hair too and I wish I could figure out how she makes hers look so perfect and glossy.  @LaurenBrook if you still chat with her, inquiring minds want to know ?

I'd be so happy if I could have Jinelle's body - she is lean and beautiful and just seems like a lovely graceful person.  And I don't even like most country music but I watched and listened to an entire country music video for her sake - and enjoyed it!!

Danielle's amazing hair and beautiful smile - her dimples are to die for, and she always seems to have the kinds of qualities I look for in a friend - sweet, loyal, and just the right amount of attitude to make her a ton of fun. 

I wish I had Holly's awesome positive attitude and energy - not to mention her dance skills.

And I know she didn't make the team but she will always be a DCC in my heart - Amy Simone has grit, tenacity, puts power and determination into what she wants, and is a beautiful emotional person besides ?

There are honestly amazing qualities in each DCC I'd love to have, which is so much of the team's overall charm, but these are the ladies that came to mind immediately.  And that's not even taking Kelli and Judy into account - which I'd love to do.  They are beautiful powerhouse women and DCC is so amazing because of what they have done to shape it, and that seriously rocks.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I don't think it was skimpy like a clubbing dress - the judges were NOT happy with the cut-out style dress that was so popular this year.  Kat wore one of those as did a number of others; from my understanding, anyone who wore those was called out in the interview.  Kat just also had another strike against her in that she was LATE. :-/ 

And she had a run in her tights and did that same rhythmic gymnastics type routine. Don't get me wrong, I was sad when she got cut at finals but vets have to step it up to keep their spot. Lead by example...

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, abbyf123 said:

My all time favorite year for the squad was 2014-2015. I LOVED the rookie class (especially Breelan and Ashley) Anyone else agree? What was your favorite rookie class??

I think that was mine too, it was when I started following the girls a bit.

Also 2012-2013 as that was the first series I watched (though I only saw it on a rerun a few years after). It introduced me to Kelsey Bond and Danielle who I love.

9 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

Rookie Kelsey looks like she is a direct descendant of Elizabeth Taylor. They picked some stunning girls this year. Mandy, Kelsey and Cersten are mesmerizing. 

I know Tasha is polarizing but hot dang, that girl literally looks like a living Barbie. 

I think Khalyn is crazy beautiful too- such a classic beauty. 

• Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 6:24 PM, QuiteContrary19 said:

I'm going to have to agree 100%. I realize we're in the minority, and that's ok.

Nope - I totally agree with you.  She's privileged not in the same way as the daddy-buys-me-2-luxury-cars rich but still very blessed

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Mine was Season 2. I think Season 2 was the best season of the show. Imo, Season 8 was the worse.

Honestly, I didn't love last years. I feel like they didn't focus enough on the girls who made it during the show, so it was difficult to get to know them. I feel like they spent too much time on the TCCs who got cut.

• Love 1

I've been a long-time fan of the show and lurker on this forum as well as the TWOP forum, but have never really posted before.  I'm not going to offer up any opinions on the girls or their appearances except to say that nobody even halfway unattractive makes this team and I wish I could have a body as "thick" as the thickest member of the team as that would be a huge improvement over what I've got now;)  And thanks to the poster that posted the link to all the cheerleader uniforms from other teams.  I've never paid too much attention before, but the DCC uniforms are downright classy compared to what many other teams have their cheerleaders perform in.  I also thought it was interesting that the picture at the top of the article was Mackenzie Lee.  Even though she's been retired for a while now she's still one of my favorites and IMO one of the most attractive cheerleaders they've ever had.

I do have a question about tryouts but it's not specifically related to 2016 so I wasn't sure where to post it.  I recently found and watched the DCC TV movie from the 70s on youtube and would love to know how made-up it was, if anyone on here knows. 

On the movie, the tryout process seemed to be concerned with looks as the first and by far most important factor on who made the team.  On the movie, the dancing and interview part of the audition seemed to be mostly an afterthought.  I LMBO at one scene where a girl goes up for her interview, basically says something like here I am again and the interviewer tells her well I don't really need to talk to you then because we've talked enough in the past so she (the interviewer) should spend her time instead talking to one of the rookie candidates.  Basically it seemed like they would take anyone for the team who had a minimal amount of rhythm and could string a couple of sentences together so long as they were pretty enough.  On the movie, the dance sequence they were teaching for auditions looked so easy I think I could have gotten it good enough and I've had virtually zero dance experience.  I'm curious if this is how it really was back then.

It was interesting on the performance at the end of the movie - they inter-cut footage from a real field performance into the movie performance and you could see at times in the real field performance how bad their lines were.  No wonder Judy is so obsessed about hitting the lines.  It was also interesting how bad some of the actresses in the movie were in the final performance.  The housewife character especially was always at least one (usually more) count behind.  You'd think they would have tried a little harder, but I guess not for a fluff of a TV movie like this one was.

If this movie is even a remotely true representation of the quality of DCC from back in the seventies, Kelli and Judy deserve a ton of credit for the leaps and bounds of improvements they've made over the years.

Edited by patches403
  • Love 1

Also, I wanted to add to the conversation I don't remember how many pages back on the number of girls trying out dropping significantly in the last few years.  My two cents on the numbering system is that 600+ girls might be on the signup list and be assigned a number, but by the day of the audition half of them for whatever reason don't show up.

As to why the numbers are down so significantly - I'm sure it's due to MTT.  Potential candidates get to see how time consuming the process is, how they will have no free time for anything but DCC for the next 7 - 8 months, how every aspect of their appearance and dancing skills will be picked apart on national TV, how they can spend 20-30 hours a week at training camp and other functions for 8 weeks and still not make the team, etc. Before the show, I assume many candidates had very little idea how it all worked and how tough and time consuming it really was. 

Much as I like the show - I don't really get why anyone would put themselves through this process.  If they were getting paid the equivalent of a even a decent part-time salary I would get it, but a DCC probably doesn't even make minimum wage if you add up all their pay versus all their hours.  If I wanted to dance/cheer while I was in college and not get paid even minimum wage, I would dance/cheer for my college's team rather than DCC as it would probably be less time consuming and quite frankly look better on a resume.  If I wanted to dance after college, I would move to NYC, LA, London, Las Vegas, etc where the majority of the professional dance jobs are.  I sure wouldn't waste some of the most valuable years of my potential dance career as a barely paid professional cheerleader.  I guess these girls do it because they still want to perform on a big stage but lack other opportunities, because of the social status it gets them in Dallas and because they will get introduced to wealthy potential husbands? 

Edited by patches403
  • Love 5

My eleven-year old daughter attended the DCC's Dance Camp at Oxnard, and had an incredibly fun time.  

I want to thank the staff working registration at Oxnard for not turning us away when I told you we had driven up that morning and had not pre-registered.  

And I am equally grateful to the beautiful, blond DCC representative in her blue Cowboys t-shirt (with the star), who agreed to take my daughter as a walk-in registration when asked for permission by the Oxnard staff.  Thank you, because you made her week.

When you said "yes", and the representative working the table handed my daughter the DCC t-shirt, the expression and huge smile on her face, was like watching a five-year old open presents on Christmas morning.

And finally, Kelli Finglass was beyond gracious in sharing a few words and a picture with my daughter, when my somewhat-shy girl approached her and asked if they could take a photo together.  She is so proud of that photo, and we cannot wait to watch the new season of MTT together.

I will post more about her positive camp experience and my observations later, when I have some more time.

• Love 17

I thinks one of the biggest misconceptions is that girls so this to snag a rich husband. Most so it because they love to dance/cheer and/or love the Cowboys. Most pro dancers get paid next to nothing, no matter where they are, too.

• Love 7

Some of my observations regarding the DCC at the Oxnard Camp.

The Leaders.

Jenn K (who directed and led the entire camp) and Jenna (who taught choreography to the girls in the 9-13, if I remember correctly, age group) are consummate professionals.  

Jenn carries herself with the command and authority and professionalism of someone twice her age.  She has a great future in corporate management.  And Jenna was also a great leader, keeping her girls engaged, well-behaved, and doing a masterful job in teaching them choreography in ways they could understand.  

The Dancers.

Jenna and Holly both dance with an unabashed joy and extra spring and pop that draws your eye to them.  They both make every move somehow bigger, and look like they are having so much fun in the process.  Holly reminds me of that little girl in every recital who keeps dancing even after the music has stopped.

Melissa, Amy T., and Mandy (beautiful young woman) also had a way of positively drawing attention when they danced, with Melissa her great smile is a big part of it.

(Jinelle did a great job teaching the Zumba warm up.)

The Bodies.

"Model-thin, no-fat figures all woman want to have."  Jenna (because she is so petite), Jessica, Jinelle, Lacey, and Mandy.  

"Gym-fit figures we all aspire to."  Erica, Holly, Kelli, and Melissa.

"Sexy, curvy figures all men want us to have."  Amy T., Jenn (who has never looked better), and Robin.

My daughter loved Jenna, and thought that Jessica was like a strict but very nice schoolteacher.

Kelli and Judy look as great in person as they do on television and in photos.  Beautiful women both.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 16
47 minutes ago, pink317 said:

@California Girl did you or your daughter interact with Jinelle? We found her to be quite standoffish during Training Camp the next day.

I did not interact with anyone, with the exception of one sideline photographer (perhaps a parent of another camper?) whose antique-styled-setting engagement ring I complimented.

My daughter did not meet Jinelle.  I consider her a beautiful woman, and she has always stood out to me in a very good way on MTT.  However in person I would not have noticed her so much, either for good or bad, were it not that she led the Zumba warm up for the campers.

If you view the Oxnard slideshow on the DCC website, you will see my daughter pictured with Rowdy Cowboy.  She is the taller girl with the pink hairband.  My youngest son and I are those blurry images in the very top left corner of the bleacher background in another one of the images.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 1

Does anyone know why Kelli asks the girls about plastic surgery the way she does?  I could not understand why she asked Colby if she has cheek fillers and asks the girls on camera if their boobs are "theirs" or bought".  Especially with Colby I don't see how cheek fillers have anything to do with their ability to dance.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Does anyone know why Kelli asks the girls about plastic surgery the way she does?  I could not understand why she asked Colby if she has cheek fillers and asks the girls on camera if their boobs are "theirs" or bought".  Especially with Colby I don't see how cheek fillers have anything to do with their ability to dance.  

I think Colby was the only one I've seen Kelli ask about facial plastic surgery.  Maybe the boobs question has to do the the way the uniform blouse fits?

7 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Where is our fabulous list maker to inventory who is where? 

Wow "fabulous list maker" is just such an honor to have! 

1. Point is clearly Jenn

2. We know Erica is directly behind jenn, she can't be seen in this picture

3. Jen's left: Jenna, Amy T, Lacey, Jax, unknown, unknown, Kelsey (perhaps? It surely looks like her at back corner)

4. Jen's right: Melissa, Jessica, Danielle, robin, unknown, Claire, unknown

5. It almost kind of looks like Cersten is directly behind Jessica, but that seems very front for a rookie. The hair just looks like hers

6. Directly behind Melissa is holly and looks like Maggie

7. Directly behind Jenna is unknown, Stephanie, Selina 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, GingerJ said:

I think you're all going to be surprised at how endearing Yuko is. She's adorable, delightful and a fierce dancer. She understands English better than she speaks it, but she speaks it better than is assumed. If you don't fall in love with her once the show airs, you have a cold black heart. Just my opinion.

Speaking just for me, I'm totally prepared to own my cold black heart lol. From a business standpoint, and not as just a DCC fan, she's already been more work than she's worth given the talent level available. They once cut a girl who, because her job as a daycare provider for children made her a little late to a uniform fitting, but this one can skip practice(s) altogether to run home and get her visa straight? I'm not naive enough to think there isn't favoritism in being selected to be a DCC, but damn... talk about throwing the rule book out the window. As much as I've always respected Kelli, everytime I see her saying 'no excuses you HAVE to be here' I'm going to laugh. Hypocritical to the max.

Also, not for nothing, but there are a lot of people who are endearing and sweet when they're interviewing for a job they want (Chelsea Chaney anyone, lol?). If she's that good, she could've been invited back next year when she had her act together and went through the same process and earned her spot without special accomodations.

• Love 10
On 8/7/2016 at 10:04 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

In her rookie audition video I thought no way could Olive Oyl dance like a DCC, much less look like one, but I think she's proved me wrong. Jinelle is very striking pretty and has an insane figure. 

I love her personality, too, and I think that makes her more attractive.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Java said:

Speaking just for me, I'm totally prepared to own my cold black heart lol. From a business standpoint, and not as just a DCC fan, she's already been more work than she's worth given the talent level available. They once cut a girl who, because her job as a daycare provider for children made her a little late to a uniform fitting, but this one can skip practice(s) altogether to run home and get her visa straight? I'm not naive enough to think there isn't favoritism in being selected to be a DCC, but damn... talk about throwing the rule book out the window. As much as I've always respected Kelli, everytime I see her saying 'no excuses you HAVE to be here' I'm going to laugh. Hypocritical to the max.

Also, not for nothing, but there are a lot of people who are endearing and sweet when they're interviewing for a job they want (Chelsea Chaney anyone, lol?). If she's that good, she could've been invited back next year when she had her act together and went through the same process and earned her spot without special accomodations.

That was Brittany D'Alessandro who got yelled at and cut for being late and not wearing any makeup. I wonder if all the Yuko issues will be shown or swept under the rug. 

• Love 4

I'm really starting to think that the issues were somehow the fault of the Cowboys or MTT. It sounds like she's a good enough dancer for those missed rehearsals to not matter. There are probably other girls who could skip rehearsal and dance just as well, but those skips wouldn't be out of necessity (ie, they're not going to leave the country). Missing a few rehearsals for Visa issues so that you can attend rehearsals for the rest of the year (or multiple years!) is more justifiable.

• Love 2

That is Cersten. She is most likely in Robin's "line" which is far down from the point, maybe 4-5 rows? Hard to tell.  I imagine Jinelle and Meg are in the center area that you cant see well from the photo's angle.

Also, what is with this "beyond" theme? Clearly its their word for the season but seems random. Beyond what? Infinity (#toystory)

Judy said in the comments of her pic that they might swap the point girl sometime this season to "#shakeitup and #confusethefans"

I hope she doesn't mean just for the pink halftime show or something...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jlgalyen said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpYYMSxWIAArsHs.jpg:large

not sure if this will work but we have our first peak at the triangle with the whole team. 

Interesting that Amy T is so far up in the formation as a first year vet. She appears to be in front of Lacey. I wonder if that is simply to mix up the hair colors. It just seems weird to have her in the same position that is mirrored on the other side by a fifth year vet and group leader. Shrug.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Where is our fabulous list maker to inventory who is where? 

Thanks to our list maker for helping me recognize some of them!  What are the "favored" positions for the triangle besides the front one?  Holly (young Holly) looks like she is in the middle.  That's not that good is it?

Edited by parrotfeathers

Yay Jenn is at point! I don't see Erica, is she behind Jenn? Also wow Holly moved up quite a bit in the triangle. Weird that Amy T is at a really good spot on it too.

7 hours ago, sunwave said:

I'm really starting to think that the issues were somehow the fault of the Cowboys or MTT. It sounds like she's a good enough dancer for those missed rehearsals to not matter. There are probably other girls who could skip rehearsal and dance just as well, but those skips wouldn't be out of necessity (ie, they're not going to leave the country). Missing a few rehearsals for Visa issues so that you can attend rehearsals for the rest of the year (or multiple years!) is more justifiable.

Exactly. I have no doubt that it is really the "fault" of DCC/CMT.  She likely applied for a visa saying she was coming to try out for dance team. In reality, she ended up basically being forced to be on a reality show.  There are legal consequences to that beyond her control.

I don't think it is a stretch to say that the most likely reason she got a pass is because of something the DCC/CMT was forcing on her. Visa issues change all the time, and vary by country.