Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Kyndall - I wasn't really a fan but didn't pray for her to fail or anything. I wonder if they cut her last minute expecting a Megan Flaherty reaction and then didn't get it - meaning they expected her to be a little headstrong and ask why, etc. 

I totally agree about Kyndall as well. Putting her whole heart out there til the end to only get the ax. Wow!!! So cruel. Definitely TV show driven. Heartless. I wonder how Kelsey is taking Amy not making the team? They are known besties along with Stephanie and Kelli. Out of everything Yuko is the most unfair IMO.

• Love 1

I wonder if Amy was cut because "the field swallowed her" and she was just too little... She's tiny and maybe the field was just too big for her, kind of like Mandy from season 5. She may have had great power and projection in the studio but it wasn't enough for the massive stadium. 

• Love 3

I think it's great international p.r. For both U.S. And Japan-so maybe the translator is moonlighting from another joint venture company. I suspect Yuko comes with some $$resources based on her travel/living costs, so she probably never had to ask for CMT or Cowboys for additional funding.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

That's the question Amy is hoping you'll ask yourself -- that's why she posted it that way.  She didn't share any of the negatives.  See, very passive aggressive.  I'm very disappointed she'd take the low road.

I did not intentionally "like" this post. I was scrolling on my phone and it registered as a "like", just wanted to clarify. 

I think people read in between the lines what they want to. I feel Amy's post was very gracious, considering she was cut mere minutes before the team was announced. 

To each his own....

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Tys Mom said:

I wonder if Amy was cut because "the field swallowed her" and she was just too little... She's tiny and maybe the field was just too big for her, kind of like Mandy from season 5. She may have had great power and projection in the studio but it wasn't enough for the massive stadium. 

Wouldn't they have known that right off the bat though? 

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

No doubt in my mind that Yuko is affluent and CMT/Cowboys haven't spent a dime on her situation. Maybe she's the most amazing dancer who ever put on a pair of boots. I guess we'll see. 

I watched her fan vote video again cause it was linked at the end of the article - she is definitely not the most amazing dancer to ever put on a pair of boots.   She's good, but certainly nowhere in the league of the standout girls (ex. Carsten) of the rookie class.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1

I am beginning to smell a reality television show rat. Me thinks CMT wants Kelli and Judy to wait until certain times to cut girls (after uniform fittings, cameo photos, Miss Kitty makes her appearance, or the day before or the day the team announcement. Of course, I could be completely wrong about this.

13 minutes ago, Bubbetv said:

I think it's great international p.r. For both U.S. And Japan-so maybe the translator is moonlighting from another joint venture company. I suspect Yuko comes with some $$resources based on her travel/living costs, so she probably never had to ask for CMT or Cowboys for additional funding.

If the $$ part is true, that makes it even more sad.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

In the past, the stadium practices have been at the very end. They do rehearsals on the smaller practice fields earlier in the season. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

You'd think after doing it for so many years K+J would be able to tell, but Mandy was cut pretty late. And if I recall correctly they hadn't had any issue with her prior. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Tys Mom said:

In the past, the stadium practices have been at the very end. They do rehearsals on the smaller practice fields earlier in the season. 

I thought during final auditions the judges venture out and look at them on the jumbo screen.

• Love 2

I smell a huge rat as well. Special timing with cuts for drama. So cold. It makes me not want to support the team. I hope they get their act together. The Cowboys make enough money to keep the audition process fair. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I am beginning to smell a reality television show rat. Me thinks CMT wants Kelli and Judy to wait until certain times to cut girls (after uniform fittings, cameo photos, Miss Kitty makes her appearance, or the day before or the day the team announcement. Of course, I could be completely wrong about this. I also scratch my head over the girls with bad photos being cut. You think someone in the DCC organization would put two and two together and would have let Kelli and Judy know their are naughty photos of certain girls before tryouts and training camp starts. Why bring them in to TC knowing this? They seem to have patterns of which girls will be cut: girls who do not look good in unforgiving uniform, girls with naughty pictures or will not fit into the DCC morality mode, girls who cannot dance or kick worth a darn, etc. etc.

CMT should rename the show; DCC STA (stringing them along).

I'm sorry, I'm bitter.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

You'd think after doing it for so many years K+J would be able to tell, but Mandy was cut pretty late. And if I recall correctly they hadn't had any issue with her prior. 

Who was Mandy?

Just now, Dancemajor said:

Is it true K&J only come out for CMT cameras?! Please tell me this is a rumor. I thought they really got to know the girls behind the scenes. Not just cut throat TV ratings crap

That is true.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Dancemajor said:

Can someone please explain the DCC look? I am curious to know exactly what that looks like. They obvious love different hair colors and races. So please give me more details. 

I will be honest, I am not sold that they "love different races".  Not even a little. For how much they talk about the brand blah blah blah, I actually think they are a little tone deaf as to the diverse markets and audiences they should be targeting. I mean hell, they border Mexico. They broadcast on Spanish.  Yet there is no real Latina presence on the DCC that is highlighted. 

Diversity isn't hair color, and honestly I think what some people are maybe dancing around trying to say is that the girls they "take a chance on" are usually not all that diverse.

• Love 14

@Dccfan126  I think I agree with you. Is the Hispanic community represented at all?! I am not a racist by bringing up color but so many different people attend the games and support the team. That's not a good look at all to have diversity by only hair color. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I watched her fan vote video again cause it was linked at the end of the article - she is definitely not the most amazing dancer to ever put on a pair of boots.   She's good, but certainly nowhere in the league of the standout girls (ex. Carsten) of the rookie class.

@MyFavShows where do you rewatch the fan vote videos? I'd really like to go back and watch a few again.

• Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I am beginning to smell a reality television show rat. Me thinks CMT wants Kelli and Judy to wait until certain times to cut girls (after uniform fittings, cameo photos, Miss Kitty makes her appearance, or the day before or the day the team announcement. Of course, I could be completely wrong about this.

I mean, they give legitimate reasons for making cuts around these times, and at this point it's not like the girls don't know it's going to happen. Putting on the uniform and taking pictures does give them new insights. Having Kitty come in - who has dance experience, but hasn't been looking at the TCCs the entire time - does give them new information or confirm their suspicions about weak dancers. As for the final cuts at the end, I agree they probably could do those a week or two earlier. How much could a person improve in a few days anyway? Besides, plenty of girls have gotten cut at times not listed above. I think it's taken for granted that anytime CMT is there could be a cut night, explains why they're always so nervous on camera.

8 minutes ago, Dancemajor said:

Is it true K&J only come out for CMT cameras?! Please tell me this is a rumor. I thought they really got to know the girls behind the scenes. Not just cut throat TV ratings crap

I think someone said they also come on other nights, but aren't there every single night? 

Edited by sunwave
grammar
  • Love 2

Wow you ladies have opened my eyes to many things. Thank you for all your diverse opinions and comments. I definitely am looking at the organization in a different light. Money money money. That's all that matters to so many teams. Smh greed is sick. As long as auditions are drug out you would think cuts would be made much quicker. I mean no other team takes this long or only judges on cue with cameras in the room. 

• Love 1

Out of the last six point girls, two were white blondes (Whitney and Holly), one was a white brunette (Megan Fox), two were black (Mia and Nicole H), and two Latina (Crystal and Mia). I think they attempt to be diverse, but honestly more tall, white, blonde (natural or not) girls audition than other demographics. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I will be honest, I am not sold that they "love different races".  Not even a little. For how much they talk about the brand blah blah blah, I actually think they are a little tone deaf as to the diverse markets and audiences they should be targeting. I mean hell, they border Mexico. They broadcast on Spanish.  Yet there is no real Latina presence on the DCC that is highlighted. 

Diversity isn't hair color, and honestly I think what some people are maybe dancing around trying to say is that the girls they "take a chance on" are usually not all that diverse.

I am sure if there were Latinas who tried out and were right for the team that would make it.  I never got the vibe that DCC did not take or cut girls that were in minorities.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Dancemajor said:

@Dccfan126  I think I agree with you. Is the Hispanic community represented at all?! I am not a racist by bringing up color but so many different people attend the games and support the team. That's not a good look at all to have diversity by only hair color. 

Barely. Right now Lacey might be it? Selena?

If they were looking for a definite Latina quota Emily would've been a shoe in.

2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Barely. Right now Lacey might be it? Selena?

If they were looking for a definite Latina quota Emily would've been a shoe in.

Race should not matter when choosing the team.  The ones who are the most talented and right for the squad are the ones that should make it regardless if that.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Dancemajor said:

Emily is absolutely stunning to look at. Her dancing needs a little work but I could see her as am asset to the team. 

Yeah I think she just photographed strangely and they didn't want that risk.

I think the DCC looks for nice legs and a thin/flat stomach more than they look at skin or hair color.   A fit, slender, well proportioned body is what I think is their top priority.  Next is a pretty smile on a pretty face.  Looking the right age - not too old (but also not too young) also important. 

I honestly think that being non-white and meeting all of the above requirements would help someone's chances tremendously.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Dancemajor said:

Emily is absolutely stunning to look at. Her dancing needs a little work but I could see her as am asset to the team. 

I agree, I never understood  all the hate for her.  She was one of my favorites and thought she was beautiful .  Big eyes are a sign of beauty!

Edited by missmansfield
misspelled word
  • Love 4

I agree race should never matter. But I used to dance and on these teams they honestly look for a certain number of blondes redheads brunettes blacks Asians etc. Like it or not its true. Usually they put them in groups and pick from there. When I danced being white had advantages because you can survive by changing your hair color in some cases. I am not condoning this behavior but it's reality. 

• Love 5

Emily was beautiful, but those 'crazy eyes' are a deal breaker.  As for the last minute cuts, I'm going to withhold judgement until I see the show itself. Simply because I've seen them realize during cameos that someone doesn't look right in the uniform but release them the following week for 'dance issues ' that were never an issue until her look wasn't right.  Kind of a bait and switch situation.  

• Love 3

The DCC organization is many things, but racist? Come on. Just no. 

Sucks for Amy. I feel bad for her. 

So over the Yuko drama.... She didn't take anyone's spot. We've already covered this. The decision to put her on the squad was made by Kelli. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

The DCC organization is many things, but racist? Come on. Just no. 

Sucks for Amy. I feel bad for her. 

So over the Yuko drama.... She didn't take anyone's spot. We've already covered this. The decision to put her on the squad was made by Kelli. 

PREACH.

• Love 2

I've had time to ponder and go over things. I must admit I am not a fan of this squads look. I think there are a few unfortunate looking girls who I don't see having the style. After having seen them dance and met several of the ladies, and I am sadly not a fan. I think majority of this rookie class will not return. They wanted diversity this year and they definitely got it and then some extra. I respect Judy and Kelli to the upmost, but I do believe several mistakes were made. I do agree with Amy being but I could see others and I am sorry to say including Kelsey, Milan, and Tasha being some of them....I hope they change my opinion at Meet the Team.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

I have a friend who was one of the Honey Bears (yes, that's what they were called) back in 85-86 season. Her daughter wants to audition for DCC when she turns 18 next year. 

Back OT: hoping some news will start filtering in soon! We're visiting Montana this week and I spent a long day at Yellowstone. I'm exhausted, but I'm dying with anticipation to hear who made the team! 

I remember the Honey Bears. I worked with a girl who made it. I think it was 83 or 84. Also remember the Bears in the Super Bowl, but my husband and I are not football fans. We went to Disney World that week. But it was so darned cold (that was the year the Challenger blew up) we went back to our hotel room to get warm and watch the end of the game.

• Love 1

I know others have said it, but I found Amy's post very gracious and positive. I fail to see how focusing on the positives is passive aggressive. She also alluded to the fact that she did let the pressure get to her at times, which while it happens to everyone sometimes, isn't exactly a positive. I don't think that indicates that she lost her cool. It could mean a number of things, and more than likely means it caused her to have memory lapses and maybe cry a few times. Ultimately it shows me that she is taking responsibility for her own performance. Like I've said before, I have never been team Amy (or team "I hate Amy"). I'm pretty neutral. I think her cut was probably justified for dance reasons, but I think she has proven herself to be a class act, and she will be just fine.

I have to add that I'm not convinced that Amy's size contributed to her cut. A lot of people have discussed how small she is, but a lot of group pictures have shown that there are several girls as small as she is, or smaller. She also wasn't at the end of the practice kick line, so more than likely would not have been at the end of the permanent kick line. Maybe it was a body proportion thing and her legs were too short compared to her torso, but I'm just anxious to see on the show if that was really part of the reason she was cut.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I know, I am so hoping she will try once more and make it on to the team.  I'm hoping it was something that is fixable after a year of practice? And thank you @raindancer for your sweet compliment! i am taking advice from ladies on here on using contouring on my round face!! 

that's what is so hard about it being a TV show and all the edits :-/  I am so happy they have the show for our sake (obviously) but I do have to wonder how differnet it would be for the girls if it wasn't televised...

yes the edits are the worst! Wonder what is being left out..

6 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I know others have said it, but I found Amy's post very gracious and positive. I fail to see how focusing on the positives is passive aggressive. She also alluded to the fact that she did let the pressure get to her at times, which while it happens to everyone sometimes, isn't exactly a positive. I don't think that indicates that she lost her cool. It could mean a number of things, and more than likely means it caused her to have memory lapses and maybe cry a few times. Ultimately it shows me that she is taking responsibility for her own performance. Like I've said before, I have never been team Amy (or team "I hate Amy"). I'm pretty neutral. I think her cut was probably justified for dance reasons, but I think she has proven herself to be a class act, and she will be just fine.

I have to add that I'm not convinced that Amy's size contributed to her cut. A lot of people have discussed how small she is, but a lot of group pictures have shown that there are several girls as small as she is, or smaller. She also wasn't at the end of the practice kick line, so more than likely would not have been at the end of the permanent kick line. Maybe it was a body proportion thing and her legs were too short compared to her torso, but I'm just anxious to see on the show if that was really part of the reason she was cut.

I don't think size had anything to do with it either!

43 minutes ago, Dancemajor said:

she has a big beautiful smile for sure!

• Love 1
(edited)

I applaud how gracious Amy was when she was cut and can certainly figure how hard it must have been to find out that the team was announced the same night you left.  The worst part, at least in my mind, is that she knew that she was SO close to making it.  The biggest question is probably "WHY?"  as in "Why bring me this close and then not let me be on the team?"  If all the critiques she was given this year are fixable ones, I certainly hope she comes back next year and tries again, especially is she got this close.  If even one of the critiques is not fixable (as in body proportions or something else), then it would be best if she moves on, which it sounds like she's doing.  Besides how gracious she is in what is probably crushing disappointment, it sounds like she's decided not to come back for auditions next year or ever again.  If she does, I hope they give her a pass to at least semis.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Dancemajor said:

I smell a huge rat as well. Special timing with cuts for drama. So cold. It makes me not want to support the team. I hope they get their act together. The Cowboys make enough money to keep the audition process fair. 

YES

10 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

What I cannot help but think of is--all the stuff they endured with Breelan, Morgan, Ashley, Kaitlyn--and then it seems Amy didn't get a chance.  But I am sure the series will show us what really happened.

I'd like to think they finally learned their lesson about taking girls who just couldn't get it, but we'll have to wait and see what happened. We're only speculating at this point based on some audition videos. We have no idea how many, if any, of them had trouble learning or retaining the routines. 

• Love 3