Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

36 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I didn't understand he snake eyes comment from Kelli. Snakes have little squinty eyes. Emily has huge eyes. Total opposite.

I thought is was because Emily never blinked while  doing those crazed expressions ... snakes don't blink so I assumed that's what Kelli meant.  Either way, I am a bit turned off by her so (even though it's a bit mean), I cannot have imagine her on the team.  I'm shocked she even made it so far ...

16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

You are such a positive person!  Is there anybody you actually don't like??? :)

Ok I was going through to catch up on replies then I was going to comment on LaurenBrook too! Your genuine love for the show and positive interest for and support of the girls is such a joy! You are the best fan!!! K&J should reward you by letting you be a guest judge for Season 12!!

Don't y'all think it's crazy how it's dwindling down to the very end and they STILL haven't danced in boots yet?!  Not once! Would they really finalize the team without even seeing the TCC's attempt to dance in boots?  I'm sure it's a different feeling especially being on the field not to mention adding extra weight to your feet when doing the kick line!  O.o

• Love 3
(edited)

I didn't understand the "snake eyes" thing with Emily either. I always thought a more appropriate name for it would have been "bug eyes." Maybe tobeyoungagain is right, though, and Kelli was referring to how she never blinked.

For those wanting to go back and watch, does anyone remember which season she was a TCC before? I know it was a few seasons ago but I can never remember.

Edited by Oranaiche
5 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

They still haven't danced in boots? That's just crazy talk.

Right!  I hear they're getting a new version of the famous Lucchese boots, so that may be why it's taking so long to start dancing in them.  But shoot...throw the TCC's some old ones and let's see what happens!  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, KristyMc19 said:

Right!  I hear they're getting a new version of the famous Lucchese boots, so that may be why it's taking so long to start dancing in them.  But shoot...throw the TCC's some old ones and let's see what happens!  

Boots are boots, especially when it's the same company making them. Use the old boots and get on with it. They need to know if a girl can dance in boots or not before they announce the team.

7 minutes ago, KristyMc19 said:

Don't y'all think it's crazy how it's dwindling down to the very end and they STILL haven't danced in boots yet?!  Not once! Would they really finalize the team without even seeing the TCC's attempt to dance in boots?  I'm sure it's a different feeling especially being on the field not to mention adding extra weight to your feet when doing the kick line!  O.o

This. Why such a change in formula? Taking more girls than usual to TC, permitting Yuko to miss SEVERAL practices after Kelli has said for years absences are INEXCUSABLE , lying in the promo showing Vivian as a TCC for season 11, not dancing in boots, and waiting to the very end to devastate these girls. This is NOT a kinder, gentler CMT Making the Team. It's a NFL Cheerleader Team not the Hunger Games! What are they going to do next year,  shoot cannons when a RC gets cut? 

• Love 6
Just now, heatherrrrz said:

Boots are boots, especially when it's the same company making them. Use the old boots and get on with it. They need to know if a girl can dance in boots or not before they announce the team.

I'm with yah on that one.  If you can't dance and kick in boots...hands down..that's a definite deal breaker.  I just can't believe they would wait so long.  Maybe come next week...they'll have everyone dance in them before the final cuts are made.  Praying they can all meet expectation!

37 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

Ok I was going through to catch up on replies then I was going to comment on LaurenBrook too! Your genuine love for the show and positive interest for and support of the girls is such a joy! You are the best fan!!! K&J should reward you by letting you be a guest judge for Season 12!!

Ha! i wish!! i would be like Cannon though, Cassie's son..."do you like that girl, Lauren?" "oh yeah!" "what about this one?" "yes!" hahaha  I do genuinely love the show though and have watched it enough and followed it enough that I feel like some of the girls are my friends lol 

11 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

This. Why such a change in formula? Taking more girls than usual to TC, permitting Yuko to miss SEVERAL practices after Kelli has said for years absences are INEXCUSABLE , lying in the promo showing Vivian as a TCC for season 11, not dancing in boots, and waiting to the very end to devastate these girls. This is NOT a kinder, gentler CMT Making the Team. It's a NFL Cheerleader Team not the Hunger Games! What are they going to do next year,  shoot cannons when a RC gets cut? 

ok, this made me LOL  

29 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Having spoilers on who gets cut will definitely not stop me from watching MTT.  I like watching the actual process of making the squad.

Same. Spoilers often make me want to watch it MORE.  I still faithfully watch the Bachelor(ette) even though I always read what is going to happen haha 

30 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I didn't understand the "snake eyes" thing with Emily either. I always thought a more appropriate name for it would have been "bug eyes." Maybe tobeyoungagain is right, though, and Kelli was referring to how she never blinked.

For those wanting to go back and watch, does anyone remember which season she was a TCC before? I know it was a few seasons ago but I can never remember.

I am pretty sure she was in Season 8? I remember she and her bff Ashley Pro both made it and then both got cut. 

• Love 1

In Season Eight, they brought in 47 girls into TC. Courtney left before TC started and Chelsea was cut. There was a team of 39 (twenty seven vets and twelve rookies.) This is not the first time there has been a lot of TC candidates. The girls will survive. Yes, TC is hard, but in my opinion, this is a good learning experience for them because once they make the team, it will be a hard year especially for the rookies. I feel bad for the girls who do not make the team, but cuts will happen. Do I agree with Kelli and Judy on their decisions? Not every time, but I am not there to see and hear everything.

Didn't one of the people who's in the loop say that the team photo was this week? Before show group has to go to Oxnard? Or did they say next week? I'm wondering if they made the three cuts last night and know that perhaps the issue with Yuko won't be resolved so they'll do the reveal in a stealth way like they do. 

I could just be dreaming. I'd love to see them take 38/everyone who's left.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, KellyAnn3 said:

Didn't one of the people who's in the loop say that the team photo was this week? Before show group has to go to Oxnard? Or did they say next week? I'm wondering if they made the three cuts last night and know that perhaps the issue with Yuko won't be resolved so they'll do the reveal in a stealth way like they do. 

somehow I feel like they are going to take the remainder ones (in which case it does suck and I feel badly for the girls who just got cut)... I'm lukewarm at best at this new squad

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, KellyAnn3 said:

That's what I'm really hoping, that they have the budget for 38 and take the remaining on the team, since Yuko will likely get cut due to visa issues (we speculate, anyway!)  Hopefully Yuko will be back next year with no worries because she seems to be well-liked by everyone.

I'd love, love, love it if they surprised the girls with a stealth "welcome to the team" announcement!

I am shocked to hear they haven't danced yet in boots.  Last season, they had them in boots early.  I would think you'd want them on the field and in boots as much as possible.  It's a completely different "feel" when you have boots on instead of shoes or bare feet when dancing.  

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

Wooohooo amen sista! I couldn't have said it better myself!

• Love 2

As for Kyndall, I really hope there's more to the story because if not I have so many issues with it. 
First off, that's rude. Melissa R is offering her time to help you. It's one thing to politely turn it down but to be so arrogant thinking you're above a former DCC, DWTS winner, and DCC mentor is senseless and down right uncalled for.
Even if you don't think Melissa gives the most valuable advice think of that time with her as another chance to practice and go over routines if nothing more.
As for the bit about one year wonders, it frankly is true in a lot of cases. However, that potentially is one more year on the team than they may have had without Melissa's help. I'd rather only have one year than none at all. Lastly about that, the reasons girls' DCC careers are cut short has nothing to do with Melissa and EVERYTHING to do with the girl herself. 
Help can never hurt but being so disrespectful in my opinion at least is a death sentence, or at least should be, in the DCC world.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, SopranoKris said:

ould think you'd want them on the field and in boots as much as possible.  It's a completely different "feel" when you have boots on instead of shoes or bare feet when dancing.  

Wasn't there some sort of reveal involving the uniform at some point previously?  Maybe they'll do like they did with their application photos that one year and give them their boots as their "ticket to the season" (what the heck year was that anyway?)

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Addition/edit
2 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

Hahaha!  I know you didn't mean it this way buuuuut .... I would also be scared to read a Joel Osteen quote ?

Haha! I love Amy so the Osteen quote kinda scared the ? out of me.?

• Love 1

I didn't understand he snake eyes comment from Kelli. Snakes have little squinty eyes. Emily has huge eyes. Total opposite.

I suspect she was just confusing a metaphor. One season Kelli also described someone as "A bull in the china cabinet," which made me smile. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Haha! I love Amy so the Osteen quote kinda scared the ? out of me.?

I also like Amy, RBF and all.  The Osteen thing would make me wonder about her taste level though ... ?

• Love 3

I have tried to do some more digging on Amy since she is so polarizing here...honestly, from everything I hear she is a wonderful, sweet person and had kind of a rough (desperate, etc) edit last season.  Obviously everyone is welcome to like or not like whom they want :) but I am yet to find someone who actually knows her who doesn't think she's great...terrible choice of role models aside LOL #justsaynotojoel 

Just can't believe it's two more weeks till squad photo! i'd be dying to just know one way or the other. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, KristyMc19 said:

I know they have been on the practice field already so I imagine they have gotten their practice boots.

3 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

If you watch last season, Kelli says "Emily has snake eyes" and then they cut to clips of her dancing with her eyes extremely wide.  We're not making up erroneous nicknames.  She tends to exaggerate her eyes being open when she dances.  I think she's over-compensating trying not to squint (a la Colby).  She only does this when she dances, not in pictures.  She really is a beautiful girl.  It's a shame something that's probably hard for her to control is holding her back.  Well, that and last year she really struggled with technique.  Won't know until we see the show if that's still an issue as well.

OK, I nearly choked on my beverage when I read this.  In our house, hoo ha is a very naughty slang term.  LMAO!  Please, for the love of Pete, don't show that on CMT.  LOL :) 

I watched the episode that aired on CMT this morning. It was the first day of training camp the first year Emily was selected. Yes, her eyes are really weird. It almost looks as if they've been taped open as wide as can be. I think what makes it worse is the amount of eyeliner she uses and the fact that it's black eyeliner, which even emphasizes the wide open eye thing even more. And her smile is not natural. It reminds me of some little kids when they're having their pictures taken. They think they are smiling but it appears more as a grimace. I wonder if a softer, lighter makeup would help, but this may just be the only expression she's capable of making while dancing. 

As for hoo ha, oh my goodness yes! That's exactly what I thought of when I read that. There's an episode of Leverage where the team is at a cheerleading contest. One of the characters says, "I can see her hoo ha, Sir! Her HOO HA!" It's become a catch phrase in our house. Whenever we see someone in a really short skirt, that's what I say to my husband. 

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I know they have been on the practice field already so I imagine they have gotten their practice boots.

Boot fittings are Thursday (as someone else said, they are indeed getting new boot design so it's taking longer than expected)...they have not practiced in any type of boots yet.  Well, except show group members at the Advo event last week.  I guess that was quite the experience for them! suddenly in uniform, boots and jump splitting! 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 4

That's why I'm so excited for Madeline! To be met with a resounding no almost immediately last year, to making show group and performing in uniform st a fairly big event BEFORE the team is even announced this year.. You go glen coco!! ??

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, JC123 said:

That's why I'm so excited for Madeline! To be met with a resounding no almost immediately last year, to making show group and performing in uniform st a fairly big event BEFORE the team is even announced this year.. You go glen coco!! ??

That's got to be a huge relief as well.  It's highly unlikely you're going to get cut if you're already making SG appearances.  She worked really hard to improve and it shows.  Good for her! :)

• Love 5
(edited)

So, I stumbled upon this site and forums are not usually my thing.  But, you ladies seem to be very involved and love the DCC.  I was wondering what you think of Milan's prospects?  I am only asking because I know her through my daughter and Milan is not only a lovely dancer, she is a very smart and giving girl.  She would deserve this opportunity.

Edited by SJMomma
mis-spell
  • Love 6

I can't speak for anyone else, but milans been very "under the radar" for me. I think I'm more invested in the girls that have been featured on the show before, because I feel more familiar with them.

At this stage of the game, being under the radar could be a good or bad thing. I haven't heard anything from our insiders about her being called into the office (I could be wrong though, or we've just not heard about it), so hopefully that's a good sign! 

does your daughter dance too?  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, SJMomma said:

So, I stumbled upon this site and forums are not usually my thing.  But, you ladies seem to be very involved and love the DCC.  I was wondering what you think of Milan's prospects?  I am only asking because I know her through my daughter and Milan is not only a lovely dancer, she is a very smart and giving girl.  She would deserve this opportunity.

I've heard that Milan is a powerhouse!  

27 minutes ago, SJMomma said:

I'm really rooting for Milan! I've seen her in Michelle Keys videos and she is a phenomenal dancer! And I think she has that "sultry" look that makes her more unique than every other all American dcc! I can't imagine her getting cut unless she just can't get the dcc dance style down. It certainly wouldn't be for technique!

• Love 1

I've seen some videos of Milan and she's awesome!! Definitely disappointed that they didn't keep her a blonde but I think they might of toned down the red and it looks better! I'm excited to see more of her

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SJMomma said:

Milan is my favorite!! Based solely on instagram stalking during auditions! Hahaha. . She reminds me of one of my friends who is just so nice!

• Love 1

Dang friends and relatives are popping up everywhere, and I love it! There was no way that after so many years this board l hasn't been read by a lot of relatives.

Holly is definitely an extreme extroverted attention seeker - not saying that's good or bad, it just is. However, her blog with Raylee isn't nearly as bad as I expected, especially from two so young. Are they both still teens?

Im liking it so far. It's fun without being obnoxiously pretentious or narcissistic. Maybe because it is two of them together and because they're having fun more than trying to brand an empire. 

holly always will be a showboater to me, but I'm liking her more and more. 

• Love 2
(edited)
37 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

Can someone confirm for me that RC Allie D. and Holly P. are roommates this season? I thought I had read that on this board. 

I would have thought that Raylee and Holly would be roommates after reading their site. Dear Lord, their blog is so, so...well...cute! 

https://2redheadsindallas.com/

The link to their site was posted earlier today on the current DCC board.  **ETA: sorry if that came off bitchy! I only meant it was discussed a bit there earlier if you wanted to read those comments too lol 

I dont think they are roommates yet, I am pretty sure Holly just rooms with Allie but I would not be surprised at all if they ended up living together at some point. Love their cute friendship! 

20 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Dang friends and relatives are popping up everywhere, and I love it! There was no way that after so many years this board l hasn't been read by a lot of relatives.

Holly is definitely an extreme extroverted attention seeker - not saying that's good or bad, it just is. However, her blog with Raylee isn't nearly as bad as I expected, especially from two so young. Are they both still teens?

Im liking it so far. It's fun without being obnoxiously pretentious or narcissistic. Maybe because it is two of them together and because they're having fun more than trying to brand an empire. 

holly always will be a showboater to me, but I'm liking her more and more. 

And yes, they are both very young. Aren't they 19? I am pretty sure they were the youngest last year. 

3 hours ago, SJMomma said:

I wish I knew more about Milan! From the little bit I've seen she is beautiful and seems like a great dancer; I know she was a favorite of Michelle Keys.  I am sad they changed her hair but it's not like she looks bad as a red head!  I am hoping the fact that we aren't hearing much of her means she's doing well. 

Edited by LaurenBrook
afraid i came off rude lol
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sorry I'm a little late to the thread today but just wanted to comment on the cuts and Melissa R. Feel free to just ignore me.

I'm sad for Emily. To go that many years between TC opportunities and to still not make it has to be real hard on her. Glad to see my fave Kelsey is still in it so far. Hope she makes it! I didn't really know Sheridan or Brennan so not much investment there for me. Although I did make Brennan one of my 10 favorites during voting so I'm bummed for her too I guess.

I'm a fan of Melissa R in general but NOT a fan of her on this show. I'd much rather we spend more time with non K&J and/or group rehearsals. I remember them saying last year that group leaders do their own rehearsals. I think that would be much more interesting to watch than mentoring sessions or workouts with Jay.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, SanLynn said:

Sorry I'm a little late to the thread today but just wanted to comment on the cuts and Melissa R. Feel free to just ignore me.

I'm sad for Emily. To go that many years between TC opportunities and to still not make it has to be real hard on her. Glad to see my fave Kelsey is still in it so far. Hope she makes it! I didn't really know Sheridan or Brennan so not much investment there for me. Although I did make Brennan one of my 10 favorites during voting so I'm bummed for her too I guess.

I'm a fan of Melissa R in general but NOT a fan of her on this show. I'd much rather we spend more time with non K&J and/or group rehearsals. I remember them saying last year that group leaders do their own rehearsals. I think that would be much more interesting to watch than mentoring sessions or workouts with Jay.

I would love for the show to feature some of the rehearsals led by group leaders. 

• Love 3

Yes, my daughter danced with Milan in HS.  It's odd to hear other people view her look as a "sultry", as that was not their style at all (BTW, Milan was a Captain and they won 1st Place at Nationals in several divisions).  She is an amazing girl and very hard working.  I guess I preferred her as a sun-kissed blonde, but we are from California.  ;)  I'm cheering for her and I'm glad others are getting a good feeling about her, too!

• Love 5