Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Boo I don't want the insiders to go!  Dont let one or two shits drive you away.  

One of them I suspect isn't an American because of her spelling of certain words i.e behaviour. Just a random tidbit I picked up

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, SSAHotchner said:

Nothing against her personally, but they should be made to produce the necessary documents at tryouts. You can't rely on a bureaucracy to move swiftly or to care what your need or time frame is. If you don't have what is needed on the first day, then you've got a year to get it taken care of so you can audition the following year. We've all sat there watching the first night of TC when they tell the girls if they have any conflict with the schedule at all, "Bye, bye." This isn't a best friend's wedding or a family reunion or a job interview or business travel. If it's going to take her that long to secure the proper documents, and we don't have any guarantee that it will only take a week, I'd say, "Sorry, Honey. Better shoot for next year instead."

From what I have been able to hear (so y'all can take it with a grain of salt lol), they gave Yuko till like Thursday to get back from Japan with the issues resolved but her lawyer is saying it's probably not going to happen and may take closer to a month??! In any case, I think unless a miracle happens she needs to withdraw or something.  I honestly truly like Yuko and wanted her on the squad but it's not fair for her to miss several days of practice...not to mention it really puts her behind everyone else anyway.  I agree that those Visa issues and what not need to be squared away early on.  I am so curious to see how they discuss this on the show...

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

From what I have been able to hear (so y'all can take it with a grain of salt lol), they gave Yuko till like Thursday to get back from Japan with the issues resolved but her lawyer is saying it's probably not going to happen and may take closer to a month??! In any case, I think unless a miracle happens she needs to withdraw or something.  I honestly truly like Yuko and wanted her on the squad but it's not fair for her to miss several days of practice...not to mention it really puts her behind everyone else anyway.  I agree that those Visa issues and what not need to be squared away early on.  I am so curious to see how they discuss this on the show...

A possible month???? How sad :( I think they need to cut their losses and tell her next year. They can't possible pull a risk like that 

It makes me sad that the insiders have left.  Here's what I could find out. The ones called into the office last night were Emily, Jessika, and Brennan. No one was cut last night. Raylee was not in the picture because she was sick. Tonight is definitely a cut night.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, CowGirl8116 said:

It makes me sad that the insiders have left.  Here's what I could find out. The ones called into the office last night were Emily, Jessika, and Brennan. No one was cut last night. Raylee was not in the picture because she was sick. Tonight is definitely a cut night.

That is what I heard too and Jessika was the 'under the radar' girl while Brennan has been called in a couple times and Emily...quite a few.

Ahh Raylee being sick...that would definitely explain the snap someone saw of Holly P's where she was at the doctor's super late at night.  She and Raylee are BFF so she probably went with her.   

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, CowGirl8116 said:

Oh my goodness that makes me anxious!!! I want to know who! I remember someone saying Brennan has been called in a few times because she lacks look and projection or something like that. 

5 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

A possible month???? How sad :( I think they need to cut their losses and tell her next year. They can't possible pull a risk like that 

Yeah, agreed...I mean, obviously if the law says it will take that long no way they can keep considering her.  But again, I am not an expert on that stuff - who knows, maybe it will come together quickly and she will be back soon! Still...to miss a few nights on the field :-/ 

1 minute ago, dccfan37 said:

Oh my goodness that makes me anxious!!! I want to know who! I remember someone saying Brennan has been called in a few times because she lacks look and projection or something like that. 

I need to look up Brennan on social media, I feel like I know so little about her.  Gah, they need all the blondes they can get lol 

4 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yes, exactly. I don't have a problem with her being on the squad but those are necessary legal documents she needs to have just to be in this country. Just think of how long it takes to get a passport. And I can't imagine missing so much rehearsal and being able to keep on top of the choreography, especially stuff that was taught while you were out. That field entrance seems to trip up a lot of the girls every year. To miss that would be a nightmare to try and pick up right at the time when they're making final decisions about who stays and who goes. It's hard for me to imagine this working out for  Yuko when they're down to the wire. I guess we'll find out by the end of the week if she was able to get it taken care of.

• Love 1

As much as I think Yuko would be a good DCC, I also don't think it's fair if she makes the team and misses so much training camp.  She knew well in advance that she was auditioning and should have had all of her paperwork in order before moving forward with this.  It's called being responsible.  I don't think she should be given special permission to miss so much of training camp if she didn't take the time to get things squared away beforehand.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Oh that sucks! I really like Yuko and was hoping she could get this business straightened out and make the team.

I hope she tries again next year and hopefully without any Visa troubles.

• Love 2

Maybe they are holding off on cutting someone depending on what happens w/ Yuko (don't want to cut down to 35 and then have her not work out and be short a person).  I personally think it's really unfair for her to be allowed to miss for something administrative like this - girls have postponed weddings and missed major life events over training camp obligations.    If she can miss to go back to Japan for a Visa, couldn't Raylee have missed a day to go to her HS graduation?

I will miss the insiders so much - I'm not a very good internet sleuth and really appreciated the information they provided :(.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

Maybe they are holding off on cutting someone depending on what happens w/ Yuko (don't want to cut down to 35 and then have her not work out and be short a person).  I personally think it's really unfair for her to be allowed to miss for something administrative like this - girls have postponed weddings and missed major life events over training camp obligations.    If she can miss to go back to Japan for a Visa, couldn't Raylee have missed a day to go to her HS graduation?

I will miss the insiders so much - I'm not a very good internet sleuth and really appreciated the information they provided :(.

With Raylee, she would have missed the preliminary audition all together.  She wasn't even in TC yet.  So...no, there was no way she could have gone to her HS graduation and still have made DCC.

4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I will too as I don't sleuth.... at.all. I just would come check in every few days and see if there was anything new. Hahaha.

Oh well hopefully the sleuths among us will ferret out the info we crave.... God Forbid I have to wait until the actual DCC handles pop up on twitter! LOLOL

• Love 2

Maybe Yuko was in Dallas primarily for something else, not just DCC auditions - and then it snowballed from there? Maybe she wasn't really expecting it to happen, or there for a holiday.

Visa rules are unbelievably complicated and although it might seem easy at first, the smallest hiccup can turn into a really big deal, and often it seems quite arbitrary. With the state of the world right now I wouldn't be surprised if there's some ridiculous rubber stamp issue, or if a change in rules happened effective immediately that threw it all into chaos when otherwise Yuko had no reason to think that there was going to be any drama.

Spoiler
7 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

Maybe Yuko was in Dallas primarily for something else, not just DCC auditions - and then it snowballed from there? Maybe she wasn't really expecting it to happen, or there for a holiday.

Visa rules are unbelievably complicated and although it might seem easy at first, the smallest hiccup can turn into a really big deal, and often it seems quite arbitrary. With the state of the world right now I wouldn't be surprised if there's some ridiculous rubber stamp issue, or if a change in rules happened effective immediately that threw it all into chaos when otherwise Yuko had no reason to think that there was going to be any drama.

Spoiler

This isn't a spoiler, I can't get these darn boxes to go away. But I think there were pictures of her training with Kitty and others, so I do think her main goal was to be a DCC

2 minutes ago, sunwave said:

Or Australian perhaps? (:

Or Canadian

Lots of other countries spell English words differently than we do (defence instead of defense, organisation instead of organization, theatre for theater, colour/color, etc.)

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

As much as I think Yuko would be a good DCC, I also don't think it's fair if she makes the team and misses so much training camp.  She knew well in advance that she was auditioning and should have had all of her paperwork in order before moving forward with this.  It's called being responsible.  I don't think she should be given special permission to miss so much of training camp if she didn't take the time to get things squared away beforehand.

Didn't Jinelle have to do all this visa stuff too? Does anyone remember how her process went? I wasn't watching then.

7 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

Or Canadian

Lots of other countries spell English words differently than we do (defence instead of defense, organisation instead of organization, theatre for theater, colour/color, etc.)

Haha yeah I agree, I was just saying Australian because there are were a couple prominent ones on the team.

Very curious to find out what the deal is with Yuko and especially how they'll present it on MTT. 

(edited)
14 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Boo I don't want the insiders to go!  Dont let one or two shits drive you away.  

One of them I suspect isn't an American because of her spelling of certain words i.e behaviour. Just a random tidbit I picked up

Edited by GingerJ
Don't want to contribute to snark
2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

From what I recall, there were no mentions of any complications w/ jinelle or Angela's paperwork on the show.

Maybe the rules are different for Australia and Japan.

• Love 1

I think Yuko is going to be a semi-melodramatic storyline (I don't mean it as snark) and I agree that they'll encourage her to get her clearances straightened out and come back next year. 

I also think the Anglo spellings are a smoke screen, jmho ☺️

3 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Didn't Jinelle have to do all this visa stuff too? Does anyone remember how her process went? I wasn't watching then.

Both Jinelle & Angela came from Australia specifically to try out for DCC, so their visas were probably organised properly ahead of time. I know Jinelle had issues extending her visa for her second year and Anglea might have too, as it would have to convert to a different visa and this isn't always easy. There's limits to how much you can visit and stay on certain visas and all sorts of rules depending on which visa you get and which country you're coming from, and periods of time that have to be spent in whichever country.

Yuko might have gone straight for a resident visa which might have only been declined or something while she was there. Who knows?

All we can say is that if Kelli & Judy are still sticking by her, it's unlikely that Yuko has done anything wrong or neglectful. Kelli doesn't have much tolerance for girls that aren't smart.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

Maybe the rules are different for Australia and Japan.

The comment about using different spellings was referring to one of our now gone insiders. Someone suggested the spellings are British, and I guessed Australian since we know a couple Aussie DCCs. (The insiders never stated their roles, so you never know!)

But the rules are likely different for both. I believe it was Angela who mentioned that if she didn't make it to training camp her first year, she wouldn't have been able to reaudition the next year because she only had a one year visa. Seems like Yuko ran into more troubles than her.

Visa stuff can be crazy, even when you follow the million instructions to a T.  A friend of mine got a job working abroad, and also had to go to another country for a family wedding while she was abroad.  She did all the paperwork prior to leaving the US, the embassy took several months longer to get her the visa for the wedding, got it back to her just before she left...and it was the wrong freaking visa.  Instead of a 1 year visa (the wedding was like 9 months away), they gave her a 6 month one.  She actually ended up stranded in France for a while (not where she was working), to try to get it all fixed, and hundreds of dollars and a week later, she finally got to go.  My point is, Yuko may have done everything as she was told to, when she should have, and there could have been some kind of bureaucratic snafu that jacked all this up for her.  Or, she could have screwed it up--who knows?  I agree it will be interesting to see how it's played out on the show, and hopefully it's not overdone.  And hopefully it's explained, or I can see about 50 forum pages of debates and speculations on this once the show airs (sort of kidding)!

I think it's interesting that there are such strong and diverse reactions to Auto Amy.  I'm not really sure what I think of her dancing (she's good, but I don't know that she's fabulous), but I'm rooting for the working-class girl who is going hard for her dreams.  I don't think she was raised with the social graces polish of many DCC belles, or with a lifetime of studio dance classes.  I think she's worked admirably hard to get to TC, and I'm impressed with her never-give-up spirit.  As for being likable, a team player, and a dynamite dancer, I'll just have to wait and see when the show airs!

• Love 8
8 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Seriously, how does she always look so beautiful!? I don't even love the dress but the color is awesome on her. 

Spanx, lighting and makeup. Just kidding she does look great!

7 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I can't see how Yuko can really still be considered...:( 

Listen..me neither. Like girl, goodbye already.

5 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

So I've kind of talked this over with a current long standing Vet...I think I'm going to resign from posting. I've been talking this particular girl about the board and she and I both are somewhat emotionally invested. 

A lot of these girls are my close friends. We have pool days or go to brunch and have fun. I see these girls in the best light possible. So I go to bat for them because I love them. And as a viewer you all are entitled to your opinion and I can't say that if I didn't know them that I would think differently.

i probably shouldn't have gotten on the board in the first place, admittedly.

maybe I'll post again in the future after the squad is announced. 

Bye :)

2 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

Come on board, this is not our first time at the rodeo...we will figure this out just like we have in the past....good old fashion snooping.   I have no doubt we will figure out the spoilers without any inside help.....while the insiders have made it easier and we are grafeful, we have done it for years without help....just our own efforts.  Hang in there.....we will know soon what is up....these girls can't keep it hidden.  Plus I think K&J might be more generous...I.e. The show group list was posted by Kelly already,. Chin up

Okay! We got this! Lol

• Love 1

If there were issues with Yukos visa and it's not her fault then Kelli and Judy can't be angry at her. Like, you can get arrested and deported for bein in the country on the wrong/an expired visa which would make her ever getting back in the country even more difficult. But it's not fair to miss all of these rehearsals, I think they'll have no choice but to cut her.

She must be a total superstar for K and J to let this go.. or they may have realised that having a Japanese cheerleader could open up a huuuuuge market for merchandising etc. That or she's hiding behind everyone in this picture like she was last time lol. 

3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

If she can miss to go back to Japan for a Visa, couldn't Raylee have missed a day to go to her HS graduation?

Or take a long weekend in June to turn in a crown ? #minchew

• Love 3
(edited)

I always assumed TXStar35 was a former DCC who still teaches them routines, hangs out at auditions, and was born in '81 (would make her 35) 

Edited by RhiRhi
10 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

I always assumed TXStar35 was a former DCC who still teaches them routines, hangs out at auditions, and was born in '81 (would make her 35) 

That's pretty specific lol! 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I can hear Kelli or Judy saying that this should have been resolved prior to auditions and now she has taken a spot in TC that could have gone to someone else.

I can totally hear Kelli saying that, but to be honest it's their fault for taking her into TC in the first place if her paperwork wasn't in order.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

I thought TxStar35 was a member of the CMT crew-thought she actually posted that.  Was I just making that up?

So are we saying at this point that there are no further cuts and Yuko's status is unknown???  Have to wait till tonight?!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I thought TxStar35 was a member of the CMT crew-thought she actually posted that.  Was I just making that up?

So are we saying at this point that there are no further cuts and Yuko's status is unknown???  Have to wait till tonight?!

She never said that.  People have just speculated on identities.  

As for cuts, I can not imagine that there were not cuts last night. Or else they'll be cutting like six girls one night lol  

While I think it's fishy that the two insiders decide to stop posting on the same day, I'll miss the info they gave us. In other news, I wonder if there were cuts last night...

I'm not trying to be rude but at this point who cares who the insiders were. We've gotten our wrist slapped before for speculating so maybe we should stop before we get grounded again! ?

Alright everyone, check for God has a plan tweets! Someone must have been cut

• Love 9
(edited)
13 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

While I think it's fishy that the two insiders decide to stop posting on the same day, I'll miss the info they gave us. In other news, I wonder if there were cuts last night...

Maybe they both got cut/caught last night :)

Edited by DCCFanInKy
wording
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

If anyone is an employee they're definitely a plant by th show or the Cowboys, and if this is the case THANK YOU! 

Somebody needs to go scour the instas and tweets for Bible verses and vague travel pics so we can see if anyone was cut.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Shan18 said:

I'm not trying to be rude but at this point who cares who the insiders were. We've gotten our wrist slapped before for speculating so maybe we should stop before we get grounded again! ?

Alright everyone, check for God has a plan tweets! Someone must have been cut

haha preach!! 

Been stalking the IGs and twitters and so far haven't seen anything...

• Love 4
12 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

@dalgal214 & @TXStar35, thank you both for providing us with insider tidbits along the course of the season this year.  I appreciate the info and you will both be missed while you're on "hiatus".  I'm sorry if some people made it difficult.  Please know not everyone on this board is mean or vindictive when talking about the TCCs & DCCs.  I watch because I've been a fan since I was a little girl in the 70s.  I don't watch to criticize or tear apart people for being on a reality TV show.  I appreciate all the hard work they put in to even just trying to make the team.

Hope to see ya'll back on the boards again! :)

Yes - thank you both for providing insights and for remaining calm and collected.  I will miss your information and insights!  I don't think anyone on the board has been mean but you definitely should only do / participate as much or as little as you feel comfortable.  At the end of the day, it's just a TV show.  Best of luck!

• Love 1