Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

I believe all the girls who make training camp are talented dancers in some genre. 

I'd like to believe that, but then how would we explain the God-awful Kathryn Dunn?  <shiver>

• Love 1
(edited)

Somewhere in Texas, a klaxon alarm just went off and KD picked up her phone ...

I believe her to be the exception to the rule because logic fails on that one!

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 9

I actually thought Christina's kicks looked really good when she came back to audition. I didn't notice that they looked improved until someone on this board pointed it out and I went back to watch. I was never her biggest fan but video evidence can't be denied, heh. Tessa was another story. She was a sweet girl and a good dancer but her flexibility didn't improve. It's probably better that she didn't make it back into TC though because she has had bigger hurdles to jump since then.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

Somewhere in Texas, a klaxon alarm just went off and KD picked up her phone ...

I believe her to be the exception to the rule because logic fails on this one!

lol.   Yeah you might want to edit your post Smplsimon and change her name because she has a google alert for her name and has come here to defend herself.  They took her because she had the look they wanted on the team.  She is intangibly beautiful. The closest thing to a Barbie I've ever seen. 

• Love 2

It's true she is beautiful.  As much as I dislike her for her online persona, in some of Tasha's modeling pictures she has up on her blog she looks stunning.  Not any of the pictures where she styles herself (oh lord no) but actual modeling pictures.  No pounds of makeup slathered on and candy pink lipstick and two live caterpillars on her eyelids.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ashley Young said:

Honestly the more digging I do when I look at Tasha's Instagram it may look like she posts a lot of selfies or staged pictures but if you look that's because most of them she is adversing for a brand so I'm guessing if you are getting paid to take a Instagram selfie more power to the girl with todays world it has changed an some girls can make a good living just posting on Instagram an it looks to me she is doing just fine considering companies are obviously wanting her to post just my opinion :) 

I think you might be Tasha. 

I kid! I kid! Just a joke mods. Lol

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I actually thought Christina's kicks looked really good when she came back to audition. I didn't notice that they looked improved until someone on this board pointed it out and I went back to watch. I was never her biggest fan but video evidence can't be denied, heh. Tessa was another story. She was a sweet girl and a good dancer but her flexibility didn't improve. It's probably better that she didn't make it back into TC though because she has had bigger hurdles to jump since then.

I thought they looked good too on first watch and then I went back and saw that while her kicks might have been better she still couldn't sit in the split. I think that might be what did her in.

• Love 4
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

lol.   Yeah you might want to edit your post Smplsimon and change her name because she has a google alert for her name and has come here to defend herself.  They took her because she had the look they wanted on the team.  She is intangibly beautiful. The closest thing to a Barbie I've ever seen. 

She didn't come here to defend herself. She went on a Twitter crusade of copying/pasting posts and vilifying words that weren't even negative. It would have been better if she had actually come here to defend herself instead of Twitter where she has her adoring fans. She took the route that requires no backbone. But anyway...I know I'm off topic. I'll just be in the corner. #SchmathrynSchmunn #InternetBulliesRMean

9 minutes ago, SanLynn said:

I thought they looked good too on first watch and then I went back and saw that while her kicks might have been better she still couldn't sit in the split. I think that might be what did her in.

Fair enough, I didn't see that part!

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 4
(edited)

The DCC are the classic, beautiful,  effortless kind of sexy.

I have to say...I don't think anything about the DCC is effortless, including their look and sex appeal. We've seen on the show how carefully crafted, cultivated, and coached each woman's image and behavior are.

Someone wondered a few pages back whether Kelli spreads the strugglers out among the groups. Well, that does appear to be the case. Whitney, Lindsey, and Jackie were all in different groups. Group 4 hasn't had a cut yet. Cue the conspiracy theorists to figure out which rookie candidate is the weak link in that bunch, LOL.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Someone wondered a few pages back, whether Kelli spreads the strugglers out among the groups. Well, that does appear to be the case. Whitney, Lindsey, and Jackie were all in different groups. Group 4 hasn't had a cut yet. Cue the conspiracy theorists to figure out which rookie candidate is the weak link in that bunch, LOL.

Oooh ooooh pick me! Auto Amy and Kelsey. 

• Love 5

If you're going that direction, I'm going to say Auto Amy will likely go before Kelsey and I would suspect that it's going to be the cameos that will do her in.  I wouldn't be surprised if Amy thinks that she's safe and gets a little cocky as well.  She seems the type to do so, but I'm only going by what I've seen in the past.  I get going for a dream, but postponing a wedding for at least 2 years (though I may be misremembering; did she ever GET married?) just to pursue this seems a little iffy to me.  She may have explained herself better to her fiancee then she did the television camera, but I know I would be pissed if I had proposed and my fiancee decided to keep postponing it on the off chance something MIGHT happen.  Most likely I would be telling that person, "You know what?  Maybe right now is not the right time to be engaged.  Let's drop the engagement and see what happens."  Depending on the reaction, I might even break up or at least suggest time apart.  It's just my opinion, but that type of mono-focus can play havoc on a relationship, especially if it's healthy.  The other person might feel left out, ignored, used, etc. and all for the chance at a dream.  Yes, there are some that support it, but communication, trust, and a whole of other things are involved.  Looked at how many boyfriends these girls go through before they find "the one". Looks like being a DCC wrecks havoc on romantic relationships!  JMO, though.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

Something I've noticed from previous seasons on MTT is while all the girls are talented, some really start to go downhill, get frazzled, etc. the closer to the team announcement they get. On the night they announce the team, I think it would be fun to watch them redo the same practice a second time and just see how much better they are without the monkey on their backs. I do understand the pressure and how they handle it is important for K&J to see, I also think it's almost debilitating to a point.

Also, they always comment that if the girls are too nervous to dance with Kelli & Judy watching, how can they handle ALL those people in the stadiums watching them?  Speaking for myself, I find it much easier to have to do something (speak, in my case, I was never a dancer) in front of hundreds of generic eyes as opposed to 2 pairs if eyes watching you very closely...in their case eyes that belong to people who determine your fate!

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Also, they always comment that if the girls are too nervous to dance with Kelli & Judy watching, how can they handle ALL those people in the stadiums watching them?  Speaking for myself, I find it much easier to have to do something (speak, in my case, I was never a dancer) in front of hundreds of generic eyes as opposed to 2 pairs if eyes watching you very closely...in their case eyes that belong to people who determine your fate!

I think it puts the nerves in perspective to know that K&J are at practices more rarely than the show would have us believe. I can imagine how the girls might freeze up on those nights and explains the awkward quiet atmosphere (as I perceive it) when girls are called up in groups to perform a dance and given feedback.

• Love 5

In my opinion, there are three or four rookies who just do not have the right look. I can't imagine that they'll photograph any better at cameos than they do in snapshots. It's not that they're ugly, they just don't look like DCCs at all. After cameos, if they cut all of them or others who just look wrong, then there would only be a few cuts to make based on polishing etc. I don't know why I'm so on the edge of my seat this year.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, KellyAnn3 said:

In my opinion, there are three or four rookies who just do not have the right look. I can't imagine that they'll photograph any better at cameos than they do in snapshots. It's not that they're ugly, they just don't look like DCCs at all. After cameos, if they cut all of them or others who just look wrong, then there would only be a few cuts to make based on polishing etc. I don't know why I'm so on the edge of my seat this year.

Same here.  Not sure we agree on which ones lol but there are a few i also don't think have the look (even after makeovers).  Celinda is one.  Brennan is another. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Same here.  Not sure we agree on which ones lol but there are a few i also don't think have the look (even after makeovers).  Celinda is one.  Brennan is another. 

Brennan for a girl's name?  Yuk.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, BritFan said:

This is quite an interesting picture

https://mobile.twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/746743280382025729/photo/2

You've got Stephanie, Holly and Claire(?) all bunched together and you can see a bit of variation in the red hair now. They are no longer all Ariel red. I quite like Stephanie's gingery colour.

Holly looks more like a rich browny red now too. Kelsey looks lighter as well .. on the ends at least. Did Jinelle always have lighter brown in her hair?

I love Stephanie's hair now. I never really liked her looks until recently. The new hair I really like, and just seeing her posed in more flattering ways has helped. She also seems very sweet, and she's a great dancer.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, MamaV said:

I have always wondered whether Training Camp is a paid gig or not. Does anyone know?

Nope, the TC candidates do not get paid because technically they are not on team. The vets can be sent out on paid or unpaid appearances.

Btw, I sent a tweet to Miss Kitty. She said she has not made her regular TC appearance yet.

5 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

Something I've noticed from previous seasons on MTT is while all the girls are talented, some really start to go downhill, get frazzled, etc. the closer to the team announcement they get. On the night they announce the team, I think it would be fun to watch them redo the same practice a second time and just see how much better they are without the monkey on their backs. I do understand the pressure and how they handle it is important for K&J to see, I also think it's almost debilitating to a point. Their fear is palpable, it stresses me out just sitting on the couch watching them on tv. Does anyone else notice this? If I were in talking to K&J and they were hours from announcing the team I would probably need a trash can beside me....just in case. 

I was wondering, do they have to accept everyone's application to try out?

I'm a cheer coach. Just high school in Texas. People have plotted murders over this haha. Seriously though, if a candidate wants to see her evaluation sheet, I let her. I'm 100% out of the judging process. This year, I brought in girls from North Texas. The reason I let them see is so they CAN look at what to work on next year to make the squad. It's not DCC by any means, but it does help.

• Love 4
(edited)

Every season Kelli and Judy seem to hone in on a TC that they start to see as "too young" dancing among women. Heather H. rings that bell for me. She sort of twins with Madeline. Except Madeline does look a bit more grown and prettier this year. 

Although Heather H. did earn a Barbie at final auditions. I can see her making show group on that fact alone. 

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Nope, the TC candidates do not get paid because technically they are not on team. The vets can be sent out on paid or unpaid appearances.

Btw, I sent a tweet to Miss Kitty. She said she has not made her regular TC appearance yet.

I have always wondered whether Training Camp is a paid gig or not. Does anyone know?

That makes sense. Thanks!

• Love 1

Could someone please enlighten me as to why a certain individual cannot be named on his forum?  Did she request that her name not be used here?  I just don't know the history behind this...

Interesting that the LSU director taught last night's dance. Kelli and Judy clearly like what she's selling. There have been so many LSU alum on the team, including  Jacie and Erica, who are DCC rock stars. And if Cersten makes it, they'll have yet another one. Now I wonder which school has produced the most DCCs. LSU would have to be in the running at least for the last couple years. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, MamaV said:

Could someone please enlighten me as to why a certain individual cannot be named on his forum?  Did she request that her name not be used here?  I just don't know the history behind this...

She has a Google alert for her name. She put some of the members posts (mine included). on her Twitter account a couple of months ago.. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Jackie and Lindsey were cut. Three girls were called into the office. Emily, Amy, and Kelsey may be next on the cut list.

Wonder if they were the ones told to correct something or get cut?  Did TXStar reveal it or was it on their soclal  media accounts?

(edited)
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Wonder if they were the ones told to correct something or get cut?  Did TXStar reveal it or was it on their soclal  media accounts?

TXStar revealed.  I don't think it was on social accounts yet. At least no one posted anything on here.

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I hope that if Kelsey, Auto Amy, etc, are cut, they have the grace to tell them they just don't have that the DCC needs, and to try their luck on another team. 

I picture Amy crying like Kali Fullerton did the first time she was cut (2006). Possibly begging like Nina Moch from season 2 or 3 who supposedly got a little violent but it wasn't shown.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ChlcGirl said:

TXStar revealed.  I don't think it was on social accounts yet. At least no one posted anything on here.

She is part of CMT crew, she is watching it all in real time, I'd believe her reports!

1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

The rejected thread is for girls who didn't make it.

Sorry!

When do you guys think the next cut will come?  I suspect it will be as early as Monday because of the cameos.  In the past, we've heard numerous times how cameos can make or break girls plus it will be the first time that the girls will get a chance to be in full-on uniform.  Judy and Kelli will be scrutinizing every facet to see how they come across.

Also, if there's cuts, I suspect at least one, maybe two, girls will be cut as there are still eight to ten girls left to be cut depending on how large a squad they want.  I suspect Amy will be one since she would need to slim down in the waist/hip/thigh area to make the boots at least appear to work and, unless her kicks have improved dramatically in camp, her flexibility will be called into question.

Emily will be another one on the fence, though I suspect they've worked with her on kicks since she's shown she has poor technique with them.  Still, that's fixable.  Unless there's something I'm missing (like dance technique or speaking issues), I really hope she makes it. 

It also sounds like Kelsey is on the bubble, but I think it's nerves with her.  She may be like me in tense or stressful situations, the brain shuts down and the mouth (occasionally) shoots off.  If that's the case, a lot of practice, time and experience will cure it and hopefully she'll get that.

Have we heard of anyone else on the bubble?

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

It also sounds like Kelsey is on the bubble, but I think it's nerves with her.  She may be like me in tense or stressful situations, the brain shuts down and the mouth (occasionally) shoots off.  If that's the case, a lot of practice, time and experience will cure it and hopefully she'll get that.

This is why I get a bit sad about calling her or anyone else for that matter stupid, based on a tiny tv clip. I too go completely to pieces when I'm tense or stressed. I would hate to have an interview with all those people glaring down at me and know I'd say something stupid and be kicking myself afterwards.

Edited by BritFan
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I usually try to refrain from calling out any of the girls in a negative light, but my "iffy looks" ones are Heather H, Bethany, Jessika, and Brennan. I may see them on the show and be blown away but I feel like Kelli will have something to say about those four in particular. Again, I definitely don't think they're unattractive, just not what is expected. I'm not on the right level either, so I probably shouldn't talk but ehh.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, cgloss said:

Interesting that the LSU director taught last night's dance. Kelli and Judy clearly like what she's selling. There have been so many LSU alum on the team, including  Jacie and Erica, who are DCC rock stars. And if Cersten makes it, they'll have yet another one. Now I wonder which school has produced the most DCCs. LSU would have to be in the running at least for the last couple years. 

Jaclyn and Tess are LSU alum also! 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

When do you guys think the next cut will come?  I suspect it will be as early as Monday because of the cameos. 

They do cuts the same night as cameos?  Wow...you get to have your picture taken in the uniform where things must start to feel real, and then that same night it gets taken away from you.  That's gotta hurt!  I'd rather be Whitney and have the band-aid ripped off sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, BritFan said:

I think Holly's is too old for her. She's a young pretty girl with an amzing figure but that makes her look a bit frumpy.

If you look at their pictures from summer weddings/showers/parties, though, many of them seem to favor swingy trapeze style dresses.  Honestly I think they all look great in that style.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, BritFan said:

I think Holly's is too old for her. She's a young pretty girl with an amzing figure but that makes her look a bit frumpy.

Agree.... Looks like something Kelli would wear in Mexico during the calendar shoot.

2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

They do cuts the same night as cameos?  Wow...you get to have your picture taken in the uniform where things must start to feel real, and then that same night it gets taken away from you.  That's gotta hurt!  I'd rather be Whitney and have the band-aid ripped off sooner rather than later.

I think it would be the next day. I don't think they have practice Monday night. But I could be wrong.

• Love 1

They cut after cameos because as Kelli always says, cameos make it clear who can really rock the uniform. Harsh as it may seem, the girls know that about 10 more girls have to go.

The ones I feel really sorry for are the girls that have seemingly gone under the radar the whole of training camp, like Karen last year, to be cut because of how they look in the uniform. At least if you're being cut for weight or the way you dance you can work on it. Some people will never look good in the uniform no matter what they do, and that must suck even worse..