Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Mae18 said:

Hello everyone. Before I go on and say who I am, let me first start off by saying this forum was brought to my attention by someone who actively comments on it, and although I haven't been the "topic of discussion" so to say for many pages, I am now deciding to comment after a few days of going back and forth debating if I even should. I cannot in good conscience let it go without commenting. It is truly eating me alive. My name is Megan. Y'all were talking about a tweet I had tweeted a few weeks ago. I had stated that it was frustrating knowing I had worked so hard for something and had got cut, while girls who had auditioned on a whim were still there. I am not here to defend myself. I am here to simply and genuinely thank you guys for your comments. Y'all were so right. I sounded so immature, and entitled. I made myself look like a brat, and for that I am so embarrassed. Let me just say, I had no intentions of coming off the way I had in that tweet. The day of Preliminaries I met two women who told me they had signed up "oh a whim" to audition two days before the auditions started. That is where I got my words and feelings from. It was so wrong, and immature in every way. I completely understand if I have lost the respect of y'all, but try to understand I am only 18. I am learning everyday, I am only human. This was my first time auditioning for such a huge, and amazing organization at that. I was going through a lot emotions. Now that it has been about a month I can understand everything so much more clearly. Like I said in the beginning of this post, the fact that I sounded so immature is eating me alive. It makes me so upset knowing that's how y'all view me. But I would view myself that way too, looking at it from another persons perspective. That kind of attitude is exactly why I didn't make it farther in the auditions. I have no one to blame but myself. I do intend to audition again. I want to make the team eventually. Whether I do or not, you definitely won't see me acting like that or talking like that ever again. I have learned my lesson. And for that, I thank you guys. Please try not to view me so negatively after this. If you do, that is your decision. I have been reading everything y'all say and I respect your guys' comments very much. I will continue to read as well! This is going to be an amazing year for the squad, I can feel it! Have a great rest of the day, everyone :) 

Hey, we were all 18 once.  No one is perfect.  The fact that you took some time to self-reflect and learn from the experience is what counts.  Good luck next year :)

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Mae18 said:

Hello everyone. Before I go on and say who I am, let me first start off by saying this forum was brought to my attention by someone who actively comments on it, and although I haven't been the "topic of discussion" so to say for many pages, I am now deciding to comment after a few days of going back and forth debating if I even should. I cannot in good conscience let it go without commenting. It is truly eating me alive. My name is Megan. Y'all were talking about a tweet I had tweeted a few weeks ago. I had stated that it was frustrating knowing I had worked so hard for something and had got cut, while girls who had auditioned on a whim were still there. I am not here to defend myself. I am here to simply and genuinely thank you guys for your comments. Y'all were so right. I sounded so immature, and entitled. I made myself look like a brat, and for that I am so embarrassed. Let me just say, I had no intentions of coming off the way I had in that tweet. The day of Preliminaries I met two women who told me they had signed up "oh a whim" to audition two days before the auditions started. That is where I got my words and feelings from. It was so wrong, and immature in every way. I completely understand if I have lost the respect of y'all, but try to understand I am only 18. I am learning everyday, I am only human. This was my first time auditioning for such a huge, and amazing organization at that. I was going through a lot emotions. Now that it has been about a month I can understand everything so much more clearly. Like I said in the beginning of this post, the fact that I sounded so immature is eating me alive. It makes me so upset knowing that's how y'all view me. But I would view myself that way too, looking at it from another persons perspective. That kind of attitude is exactly why I didn't make it farther in the auditions. I have no one to blame but myself. I do intend to audition again. I want to make the team eventually. Whether I do or not, you definitely won't see me acting like that or talking like that ever again. I have learned my lesson. And for that, I thank you guys. Please try not to view me so negatively after this. If you do, that is your decision. I have been reading everything y'all say and I respect your guys' comments very much. I will continue to read as well! This is going to be an amazing year for the squad, I can feel it! Have a great rest of the day, everyone :) 

Well, this is surely interesting. I don't think you owe us an apology or an explanation. I think you would have been better off keeping to yourself and growing/maturing off of the internet to help your chances of making the team. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

it kind of looks like they gave her extensions? i'm glad it's still dark anyway!

I don't see a lot of drastic makeovers though they did darken Emily R's hair lol It looks pretty! 

I was expecting Kelsey's hair to be dramatically different.  I'm glad to see it's still dark, though!

Emily looks so much better with the new hair color, I really like it.  It helps soften her eyes.  Can't they just have a squad of 48 so no one has to get cut?  Wishful thinking :)

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Mae18 said:

Megan, it shows signs of maturity and braveness to get on here, identify yourself and share your feelings. I hope you go further next time. Take whatever critique - even if it isn't much - and improve as much as you can. Then knock their socks off. Some of the greats didn't make it the first audition.

Two points I want to emphasize - 1) I don't believe anyone who auditions 'on a whim' - it takes months to apply, get costuming, solos, etc. They may not devote hours into it or want to sound humble, but it takes more than a whim.

2) don't be too hard on yourself. I honestly didn't remember exactly who you are or what was said. No idea if I said anything or not. Even if comments were personally about you, most likely the commenters don't know you more than a tweet and have already forgotten what they said. Don't let social media or boards crush your spirit. 

• Love 22
12 minutes ago, Mae18 said:

Megan, you shouldn't worry at all what anyone on here--or anyone anywhere other than those you care about-- thinks of you.  As another poster said, we were all young once and, more importantly, we've all wanted things so desperately that we didn't perhaps act as logical as we normally would when we didn't get those things.  Good for you though of reflecting on your reaction and aiming to be better, but again, no apology needed in the slightest.  I for one will be rooting for you next year! :-) 

• Love 10

There has been girls who were cut on the same night the squad leaders and groups were announced. Popcorn Kelli was cut on the same night group leaders were announced in Season 7. Last year, Colby and Emily were cut the same night the groups and leaders were announced. It does seem sad when a girl is cut the same night she is put in a group and her leader/assistant leader is announced, but it can happen.

I can see Lindsey being cut for being too tall (they'll say noodly, awkward or something similar) She also has reeaaally long arms and I just think she won't fit in with the team overall. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, SopranoKris said:

Hey, we were all 18 once.  No one is perfect.  The fact that you took some time to self-reflect and learn from the experience is what counts.  Good luck next year :)

Definitely agree. We've all been young (or not so young :)) and said things we look back on and wish we could react to differently. Best of luck next year. I'll be rooting for you

Regarding TC posts this evening. I feel a little bad for Jinelle for not getting GL but I can't disagree with the ladies they choose. All are well deserving. Glad she got 2nd GL and super happy for my 3 S9 girls that they are all 2nd GLs.

I'll be interested to hear if there have been any cuts this evening. Since it's likely the only time they'll see K & J this week I kind of think, GL announcements or not that there may be some.

Edited by SanLynn
TC convo addition
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, SanLynn said:

Regarding TC posts this evening. I feel a little bad for Jinelle for not getting GL but I can't disagree with the ladies they choose. All are well deserving. Glad she got 2nd GL and super happy for my 3 S9 girls that they are all 2nd GLs.

Seniority wise the leaders make sense, so I doubt Jinelle is upset about not being a first leader. The only other fourth year who is a first leader is Jennifer, and she's been in leadership positions since her second year. I'm sure if Jinelle sticks around for a fifth year she'll be a first leader next season. She definitely deserves it, as do the other girls. :)

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Seniority wise the leaders make sense, so I doubt Jinelle is upset about not being a first leader. The only other fourth year who is a first leader is Jennifer, and she's been in leadership positions since her second year. I'm sure if Jinelle sticks around for a fifth year she'll be a first leader next season. She definitely deserves it, as do the other girls. :)

yes! I was going to say the exact same thing!

• Love 1

Well rats...I was just at The Rustic Saturday afternoon. Looks like I just missed them! Probably better that way - my friends already think I'm ridiculous for how much I know about this show. I'm glad they darkened Emily's hair because I think it's prettier on her, but wow there's a shortage of blondes. Seems like the oddest Dallas problem ever. 

Im also surprised at how petite the team seems to be overall. Sheesh. Poor Lindsay (?) definitely stands out, but this angle seems to affirm the short legs for her height. Might be bad for cameos. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I love Stephanie's hair. I have not been a fan of her look- it was totally the hair. She looks great.

I agree! She has facial features that can be harsh in certain angles, the lighter hair is softer on her face. She looks great. 

Glad they darkened Emily's hair. I have a feeling if she doesn't make it shell be back to blonde as soon as her hair will allow it. 

Where is this big Kelsey transformation? That was a let down. Although it's probably good they left her, her look is good as is. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Yes I was just going to say that.  There's a pic of her last year from behind and looks 10lbs heavier than everyone else. 

Yeah - she looks particularly thick in that group photo.   I think they strategically pose her a lot to hide how thick she is cause they like her, but in large group shots like this it's really hard (can't retake or not release the photo just cause one girl looks big).

Auto Amy looks bigger, but I think it is just a bad angle cause and looked so tiny in that uniform fitting photo.

Emily R. looks gorgeous w/ the new hair.   Kelsey doesn't look much different to me.

So relieved about the GL being who we expected - some of you had me scared that Holly might get 2nd ;).

These photos are gonna be great references on people's heights and sizes as time goes on.  Thank you so much for posting them here.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1

So little hair info if you don't color your hair- Kelsey's hair is so dark that if they did anything it would lift poorly. Going from jet black to blonde will pull the red tint and end up looking cheap and orangey. So IF they did anything to Kelsey it would be a chop. Her hair is so pretty though, I would chop it! 

Btw looks like it's a late night at valley ranch. Saw some girls posting on snap after midnight in the parking lot. Someone is in the office/could be at risk of getting cut

• Love 4

Verrrrry glad about those group leaders. If anyone can help Madeleine make this team is Jen. Isn't group 1 leader normally point as well? I don't know if I made that up though... 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

Well tonight is the night we find out if the first cuts will be made. Tonight as well is their first night on the practice field for jump split! So tonight should be very very telling as to who they can weed out from the pack. Have seen and heard some of the Rookie Candidates haven't been up to par flexibility wise. As well this week is BELK fashion show and that has been a game changer in the past to see who can and can't handle the pressure of the runway and being out of the dance element. Also did anyone else notice Kyndall was in an actual uniform for fittings and not the prototype? Look at the photo closely and you can see the stars on the vest and belt. Also Mckenzie was a dynamite performer and had the personality, Amy sadly does not in my opinion. I also agree with bigskygirl that if she makes it she will be a "one year wonder". 

sorry about the box it would not go away. 

Tasha I would saw is medium height not as short as Amy. And Kelli didn't wear full length boots, they were on the shorter side.

Wasn't Kyndall cut towards the end of camp explaining that her uniform was actually finished by the time she was cut.  Don't think we should read anything else into that.

• Love 2

Love the choices for group leaders. It's really funny that Holly gets group 2 for her second year as well. I wonder who got cut...

3 hours ago, JC123 said:

Verrrrry glad about those group leaders. If anyone can help Madeleine make this team is Jen. Isn't group 1 leader normally point as well? I don't know if I made that up though... 

Agree - if Jen could help Kat get on the team, Madeline should be a shoo-in lol And I have always thought the same thing - GL of Group 1 is technically team captain so they are point.  That is what I recall hearing but hey, I've been wrong before! 

Quick! Check IG profiles! who went back to public? lol  

• Love 2

Does anyone know if they usually spread out the cuts equally based on groups? - like putting an even amount of "on the bubble" girls in each group?  Or do group assignments really have nothing to do w/ who they cut - like is it possible for 6 girls to be cut from one group, 5 girls from another, and none from the other 2 groups - and if so, I guess they would have to move people to different groups after cuts to even things out - does that happen?

Also wondering if that group w/ only 11 girls (when the other 3 groups have 12) is inherently "safer" when it comes to initial cuts ;).

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Does anyone know if they usually spread out the cuts equally based on groups? - like putting an even amount of "on the bubble" girls in each group?  Or do group assignments really have nothing to do w/ who they cut - like is it possible for 6 girls to be cut from one group, 5 girls from another, and none from the other 2 groups - and if so, I guess they would have to move people to different groups after cuts to even things out - does that happen?

Also wondering if that group w/ only 11 girls (when the other 3 groups have 12) is inherently "safer" when it comes to initial cuts ;).

I wondered the same thing - do they stack any groups, to know they're solid, and put all he weak ones in groups with fast learners to they can reblock quickly, or do they put two or three who will be cut in each group so no major adjustments have tot be made.

47 in - 11 at least will be cut. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

3 called into the office only 1 cut tonight.

Could you at least tell us what group she was in?

5 hours ago, JC123 said:

Not ALWAYS. I think Sydney was a Group 1 leader one year and she certainly wasn't point..ever.

On another note, it looks like based on the groups they're looking to cut at least 2 per group. Since we know who the groups are, any guesses on who will be the unlucky 2?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, sleepyjean said:
  • I've noticed there are three TCCs nobody ever mentions: Brennan, Khalyn, and Jackie

I had Khalyn picked as the one who flies under the radar and quietly makes it, and there will be plenty of comments here that we never really got to know her. I think she's the prettiest TCC this year.  

• Love 4

This is an interesting year because everyone is so secretive. It's hard to know who is going to get cut or not.

(edited)

Khalyn has bad RBF. Shes really quiet too so unless you know her, she can seem snobby. She is a gorgeous sweet girl though. And her solo was en pointe (see what I did there?) 

i think all of the rookie BGs are on pins and needles. They haven't taken in this many since season 7with jasmine, Jacie and Jenna.

Jackie was the fan vote and has auditioned at least 3 times before. She's pretty close to Courtney Johnson.

Edited by dalgal214
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

Khalyn has bad RBF. Shes really quiet too so unless you know her, she can seem snobby. She is a gorgeous sweet girl though. And her solo was en pointe (see what I did there?) 

i think all of the rookie BGs are on pins and needles. They haven't taken in this many since season 7with jasmine, Jacie and Jenna.

Jackie was the fan vote and has auditioned at least 3 times before. She's pretty close to Courtney Johnson.

Can't get the pic below to delete :-P Sorry! 

We figured Jackie was the fan vote...is she better than Colby was? As in, would she have maybe got picked for TC without the vote? I don't even remember her from recent years but she looks so much like Jessica and Simone to me. 

I agree with whoever said Khalyn is one of the prettiest girls in camp this year.  She just has beautiful features and looks so graceful.  I hope she makes it! It'd be amazing if they took all the BGs.  Lord knows they could use some diversity. 

Power squad today!!! 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

So little hair info if you don't color your hair- Kelsey's hair is so dark that if they did anything it would lift poorly. Going from jet black to blonde will pull the red tint and end up looking cheap and orangey. So IF they did anything to Kelsey it would be a chop. Her hair is so pretty though, I would chop it! 

Btw looks like it's a late night at valley ranch. Saw some girls posting on snap after midnight in the parking lot. Someone is in the office/could be at risk of getting cut

I don't think anyone thought they'd go blonde wth her but when she made it seem like we'd all be surprised when we saw her I was expecting something! Highlights at least?! Haha

still no ideas on who was cut? I looked at a few instagrams but no ideas yet. 

3 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

I don't think anyone thought they'd go blonde wth her but when she made it seem like we'd all be surprised when we saw her I was expecting something! Highlights at least?! Haha

still no ideas on who was cut? I looked at a few instagrams but no ideas yet. 

lol that's what I'm saying, "wait until you see my hair" usually means a big change

17 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

lol that's what I'm saying, "wait until you see my hair" usually means a big change

right? maybe she is trying to throw us off LOL  i kinda respect her more if that's the case ;-D 

• Love 2

Also wondering if that group w/ only 11 girls (when the other 3 groups have 12) is inherently "safer" when it comes to initial cuts

I can't see Kelli keeping someone she wants to cut, just to keep the group numbers even. Or delaying a cut and keeping someone around longer just because they're in a smaller group. However, I fully expect that she mixes it up so no one group leader has all of the strugglers. (Or all of the standouts, for that matter.) It wouldn't be fair to give one group leader all of the girls who need extra help.

Assuming this year is the normal way they do things, they give about 3 weeks for the initial eval. After that point, I think it's better to cut as soon as you know someone isn't going to work out. There's no point in keeping them around. The longer the girls are in TC, the more bonded they will be and the tougher the cut would be. Better for Kelli to cut them as soon as she's made up her mind, so she can shift people around, and those who have to move can start connecting with their new group.

I would like to know if they ever do a mini kickline in any of their groups. They must not, because otherwise, the groups would take height into consideration, and that doesn't seem to be the case. I know some other teams assign groups by height, for that reason. Here, Kelli has clearly made a deliberate attempt to sprinkle the various types (blondes, AAs, exotics, curlies, talls) so that each group gets a little bit of everything.

And her solo was en pointe (see what I did there?)  

I see you girl ;-)

Power squad today!!!  

They should tell the TCCs on day one (or even post on the website - if they ever update it) what the power squad workout is, so people can come in the door already prepared for it.

Danielle and blonde Amy T are coming to Oklahoma this week for an appearance near me

Is there an Amy T who isn't blonde? ;-)

"wait until you see my hair" usually means a big change

If she's one of those girls who never ever changes her hair, a 3 inch trim could be considered a big deal, LOL. But actually, her hair looks longer to me. That can't be right, because - what would be the point of that?

14 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I chuckle at Jay's boot camp workout because there is no way the girls would pass the Army Basic Training Physical Test with the way they do the sit ups and push ups.

Proper sit ups are really hard lol you have to get your back fully off the ground

2 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Proper sit ups are really hard lol you have to get your back fully off the ground

Doing them SO fast always makes me eye roll too. I get so much more out of sit ups when I take a little more time to focus on clenching my stomach muscles and using that to bring me up instead momentum (it's hard not to rely on momentum when whipping them out - at least for me lol)  And the push ups are a joke. I feel like they'd be better off doing chest-to-ground pushups on their knees than going barely half way down in a full plank. But what do I know! 

• Love 2

Since we are on the subject of physical fitness, do the girls actually dance the whole 4 1/2 hours or more at a football game. or is this something Kelli and Judy want the average fan and viewer of the show to believe. I do remember reading a study the Army did about the fitness test which states the push ups, sit ups and two mile does not really show how fit or unfit a soldier really is. Maybe one day Jay will have the girls wearing an Army style back pack weighing ten pounds with poms poms in hand wearing their uniforms with hair and make up done marching ten miles. Ha!

13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Since we are on the subject of physical fitness, do the girls actually dance the whole 4 1/2 hours or more at a football game. or is this something Kelli and Judy want the average fan and viewer of the show to believe. I do remember reading a study the Army did about the fitness test which states the push ups, sit ups and two mile does not really show how fit or unfit a soldier really is. Maybe one day Jay will have the girls wearing an Army style back pack weighing ten pounds with poms poms in hand wearing their uniforms with hair and make up done marching ten miles. Ha!

haha that would be amazing!! 

I don't know if they dance that WHOLE time but Danielle showed how many calories she burnt during performance last year and it was a crazy amount! 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I've always wondered this too! And how they stay hair and makeup looking great in our Texas heat. Do they take breaks to spruce up and hydrate? Lol. The things I wonder...

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

haha that would be amazing!! 

I don't know if they dance that WHOLE time but Danielle showed how many calories she burnt during performance last year and it was a crazy amount! 

Omg!  How is that even possible?  I hope they are eating and drinking fluids in the locker room cause burning that many calories in a short amount of time could cause someone to pass out. 

Also explains a little about why the vets start to gain weight in the off season - when you go from that kind of activity level back down to "just working out", hard not to gain some.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I've never been to a Cowboys game, but based on other NFL games I've been to they're probably on the sidelines almost the whole time, dancing during timeouts, with longer dances between the first and second and third and fourth quarters. When I went to Bills games back during the Super Bowl years they'd pull the cheerleaders at the 2-minute warnings in case fans rushed the field. If they're not actively dancing they watch the game or pump up the crowd. I assume if they're performing at halftime they leave early to get ready.

I find that number of calories very hard to believe.  I know I burn in the area of 1,100 when I do a half-marathon, which takes me about 2 hrs (yep, I'm not all that good haha).  Being that they're not moving that entire time, 3,700 is hard to swallow.

• Love 1

3700 calories is over 1 pound burned off (a pound is 3500).  It's pretty hard to get close to even 1000 calories burned, even with a tough workout.  I could see burning 3700 if it's really hot & humid with all the physical activity, but it makes me wonder how much at risk these girls are for dehydration?

• Love 1

they get "breaks" in the locker room to touch up but yeah basically they dance the whole game! They do get at least one water break per quarter and obviously halftime. Whenever music is playing at the stadium they're doing tags/sideline dances, in between quarters there's quarter break dances and typically a halftime and we all know about thunder struck! Ashley pro told me that just walking onto the field is exhausting and that by the time you get to the kick line at the end you're just running on adrenaline. Sometimes if you're not in the field you don't think about how demanding performing really is.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I find that number of calories very hard to believe.  I know I burn in the area of 1,100 when I do a half-marathon, which takes me about 2 hrs (yep, I'm not all that good haha).  Being that they're not moving that entire time, 3,700 is hard to swallow.

yeah I'm with you ... I run marathons and that's about how much I burn during hours of constant running and 26.2 miles. 

• Love 2