Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Eating disorders are very common with dancers, so no huge surprise, but sad. Whitney's bio said she left to address it, so it wasn't a rumor. Glad she's living a great life now! It's easy to derail a little during those late teen years, but looks like she was able to work through things.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Was Whitney cut or did she leave and come back? 

I don't think she was cut. I believe she left because she got married and had a baby. I remember they did a segment on her returning. 

I was just watching the news here in Dallas. I did not realize Valley Ranch is 31 years old. This was the team's last practice there, but I'm thinking DCC will still be there. "The Star" (new facility) isn't ready yet.

You are correct that I didn't mean I wanted to see an entire episode w/o K&J, but I would like to see a scene w/ a group leader-led rehearsal. Or, as I recall several seasons ago, a rookies-only rehearsal. I think Megan Fox led it, & it was fun to see a former DCC & assistant choreographer teaching & giving feedback. She focused especially but not exclusively on the TCCs flagged by K&J. Anyone know who the assistant choreographers are now? 

I could imagine that another reason to fit most of the filming into June has to do with the move to Frisco & the expected chaos of all that in July. If the show airs the first week of August, any idea when the team will be announced? 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

If the show airs the first week of August, any idea when the team will be announced? 

It's my understanding the team is always selected after the 8th week of training camp and they use the girls' cameos for the announcement  At least, that's how it's gone in the past.  

This is the first year I'm following the spoilers during TC.  I usually ended up taking a peek at the squad photo before MTT started anyway, so might as well have full on spoilers this year :)  I'm sure we'll find out who did/did not make the team before the official announcement.

Edited by SopranoKris
  • Love 1

If the show airs the first week of August, any idea when the team will be announced? 

Do you mean on the show or in real life? In real life, the only reliable indicator is that it has to happen at least a week before the first preseason game at home. This year that game is August 19.

It's my understanding the team is always selected after the 8th week of training camp and they use the girls' cameos for the announcement  At least, that's how it's gone in the past.

They've done that some years, but not every year.  Kelli mixes it up. In past years, she's revealed it with the squad photo, or just gathered the group around and told them TC was over.

(edited)

Actually, now that I think about it, the official release has been the cameos in the star magazine. If I recall correctly, that happens before the website is updated. As far as I can tell, the only reason the magazine happens first is because they don't seem particularly focused on keeping the DCC pages current on Cowboys.com. Hell, Paige, Kat, and Caila are still on the Cowboys site. You'd think now that they are no longer "worthy" of the honor, they would have removed them asap.

Edited by sleepyjean
5 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Actually, now that I think about it, the official release has been the cameos in the star magazine. If I recall correctly, that happens before the website is updated. As far as I can tell, the only reason the magazine happens first is because they don't seem particularly focused on keeping the DCC pages current on Cowboys.com. Hell, Paige, Kat, and Caila are still on the Cowboys site. You'd think now that they are no longer "worthy" of the honor, they would have removed them asap.

That pretty much sums up how 'high' on the radar or priority list the cheerleaders are to the organization as a whole. We love them, but they're a tiny piece to the grand scheme.

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

That pretty much sums up how 'high' on the radar or priority list the cheerleaders are to the organization as a whole. We love them, but they're a tiny piece to the grand scheme.

Very true.  They still never fixed the missing names from the (not named) 6th row of the 2015 squad photo.

(edited)
4 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

That's kind of embarrassing for them. They shut off their social media accounts within minutes of them being cut or retiring (naming the next TCC) but leave them on the website for months? Unless they are using a very antiquated website, and looking at it it isn't exactly modern, those changes could be made by a low level programmer in five minutes . That's actually interesting that one of the main places people would go to learn about their brand is so neglected.

My understanding of why they don't film much in July is because of K and J vacations .

Edited by GingerJ
Bad voice typing

I've always thought that for a 'world class organisation' the whole Cowboys website is shocking! 

And RE the Twitter accounts, we all know that most of the girls are really sweet, but there's always a chance that they could go all "Chaney" (wont post the full name in case she has a google alert too hahaha) and post negative things about the organisation like in the infamous blog.. It would take 1 minute to post a bunch of nasty tweets. I know they could do that from their own Twitter accounts but it would be worse coming from an official DCC account I guess. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Did ya'll see what someone else wrote on the MTT Facebook page?  I sure hope I'm not in trouble for posting this!

<<<<Speaking of revealing.. it's probably about time someone reveals this lady is a thief. The pictures she used for her try outs for your team still has yet to pay for them after admitting to writing a bad check. Can't imagine you'd want a thief on your team...>>>>

Edited by parrotfeathers
17 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Did ya'll see what someone else wrote on the MTT Facebook page?  I sure hope I'm not in trouble for posting this!

<<<<Speaking of revealing.. it's probably about time someone reveals this lady is a thief. The pictures she used for her try outs for your team still has yet to pay for them after admitting to writing a bad check. Can't imagine you'd want a thief on your team...>>>>

She doesn't seem to have made it to training camp so I guess they will consider they've had a lucky escape.

18 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Who were they referring to? 

I wonder how they look from the back.  She does have some narrow hips and while she has short legs, they are thin unlike the problem they had with Vivian the first year.

Lol I don't like how they used two photos twice. Theorising it kind of looks like Tasha with her roots done? Could be wrong though. Kyndall  looks good but is she slouching or is that uniform extra bloomy through the arms? She looks fine weight wise, but I just sort of wanna make her taller especially since Kelli is measuring her? Amy is itty bitty! I think she looks fine :)

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

Remember last night ear they said Kat was the smallest they fitted.  I agree Auto Amy is tiny

Wonder if Kelli says anything about Amy's foot tatoo,

Probably not since it's covered by the boot. Stephanie has a pretty big piece on her shoulder blade but it's not mentioned since it's covered by the uniform on game days and makeup during swim.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Three TC candidates getting their uniform fittings.   

They've done makeovers, right?  If that bottom left is Kyndall they don't seem to have done a lot to her from what I recall.

A few of the TCCs had some bonding tonight! It's on Madeline's Instagram but unfortunately she's private. So far, it looks like (in terms of makeovers), Kelli, Yuko, Mandy, Whitney, Lindsey, Heather H, Madeline, Maggie, Jackie, and Amy, they didn't make any drastic changes to. Maybe a trim, fix their roots, etc

tess - they made curly and I just don't like it

Heather O - made her all blonde. She had this weird color job with brown and blonde before ha d

milan.....is our new red head........

19 minutes ago, Dior99 said:

Milan's new look. I think she looks way better with her hair dark like this.

Nevermind--link doesn't work

I think she would have looked better brunette, not red :(