Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, JC123 said:

i hope "country music star" Neal McCoy is eating his words about Madeleine! 

Does traning camp start next week? 

I know i'm eating my words. I said she was immature, would never have the look, and wasn't as good of a dancer as she thinks. This year, I hope she's matured (haven't seen an interview, so can't really tell), and she definitely has the look and dancing down.

BTW - what did Neal McCoy sing? 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Honestly I think Neal liked Madeline as a person but thought she was unattractive and Kelli basically agreed. 

That's how I interpreted it too.

7 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

ETA nvm, read that as "say" not "sing" lol.

Edited by Oranaiche

I really liked Neal McCoy as a judge - I thought a lot of the things he said on the show were geniune and cute.   I especially liked his exchange w/ Ashley Paige about where her ex lived, also the stuff he said about Kelsey L. and "bless her heart" re: the 50 yards on a football field.  I think he took his job as a judge seriously and gave the true perpective of a male fan.   I can't wait to seem him on the show again.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I really liked Neal McCoy as a judge - I thought a lot of the things he said on the show were geniune and cute.   I especially liked his exchange w/ Ashley Paige about where her ex lived, also the stuff he said about Kelsey L. and "bless her heart" re: the 50 yards on a football field.  I think he took his job as a judge seriously and gave the true perpective of a male fan.   I can't wait to seem him on the show again.

I agree. People have said in the past that he seems like a creeper, but I never have thought he comes across that way. I think he seems like a nice, funny guy.

• Love 5
On May 26, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Bailey3606 said:

I guess if Kat really wanted the Twitter handle back, she simply could've just changed it herself. It's not like the DCC organization could tell her otherwise. 

We all saw how DCC_Hunter was taken as a real account. 

DCC Hunter - could being presumptuous and not having great technique have got her cut?

im cracking up at all The Mav Who Can't Be Named references. 

Lindsay with the feather fan - I'd like to see that routine, too. She is very pretty. Is she really super tall or just standing next to 5' girls and she's more like 6'. Not that 6' isnt tall, but it really isn't insane crazy tall.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

DCC Hunter - could being presumptuous and not having great technique have got her cut?

Lindsay with the feather fan - I'd like to see that routine, too. She is very pretty. Is she really super tall or just standing next to 5' girls and she's more like 6'. Not that 6' isnt tall, but it really isn't insane crazy tall.

What's the Mav who can't be named all about?

10 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Mathryn Bunn (lol) definitely has some Google alert on this site and tweets about how we are bullies 

Lindsay with the fan is a Point Park girl! I officially love her. Put her at point as a rookie. She's apparently smart, too. http://www.pointpark.edu/Academics/UndergraduateAcademics/HonorsProgram/HonorsStudentProfiles

(Point Park is a small college in Pittsburgh. Strong dance program. I'm in PA so LOVE HER!)

6 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

What's the Mav who can't be named all about?

Google alert will set off a sanctimonious crying spree with a former TCC that Can't Be Names, because she has a google alert for herself. 

• Love 2

As far as Michelle having classes at kitty carter's.  She does not list Michelle as an instructor.  Michelle's classes always say to paid the $20 in cash, so I think Michelle just rents the room from kitty.    That way kitty does not have to deal with taxes

3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Does anyone know if either of these are west hardin from last year's training camp?

Wests Hardin.jpg

the girl on the right in red is west, though she did not make training camp in 2015, she was cut at finals.

the girl in blue on the left is a Texas Revolution Dancer named Meleah.

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Lindsay with the fan is a Point Park girl! I officially love her. Put her at point as a rookie. She's apparently smart, too. http://www.pointpark.edu/Academics/UndergraduateAcademics/HonorsProgram/HonorsStudentProfiles

(Point Park is a small college in Pittsburgh. Strong dance program. I'm in PA so LOVE HER!)

Google alert will set off a sanctimonious crying spree with a former TCC that Can't Be Names, because she has a google alert for herself. 

Who is the second former tcc cry baby? Well, I mean what does her name rhyme with, lol!

• Love 1

The Mav who can't be named!!! Oh my god I'm dying ?? 

neal seems nice enough and I liked his comment to ashley about the ex boyfriend. I just didn't like how he phrased his 'well you can't change her face' comment. Maybe he was being a typical man and just worded it wrong but to me it came across kind of bitchy. 

The judges probably compared Caila and Lindsay knowing they would only take one super tall girl. And Lindsay obviously came off better. She looks gorgeous in those pictures!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, JC123 said:

i hope "country music star" Neal McCoy is eating his words about Madeleine! 

Does training camp start next week? 

I loved Neal McCoy's music during his time, but he certainly is nothing to write home about either.

Just now, parrotfeathers said:

I loved Neal McCoy's music during his time, but he certainly is nothing to write home about either.

I forgot to include "bless his heart."

• Love 3
11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Does anyone know if either of these are west hardin from last year's training camp?

Wests Hardin.jpg

Is the girl on the right the one who said something along the lines of "this is where I get to find out whether I will be eating a hamburger tonight or tuna and celery(something like that lol)! Looks like her!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

OMG I graduated from Point Park (not in performing arts though).  New favorite!  I wonder if she's originally from Pittsburgh?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I know i'm eating my words. I said she was immature, would never have the look, and wasn't as good of a dancer as she thinks. This year, I hope she's matured (haven't seen an interview, so can't really tell), and she definitely has the look and dancing down.

Not a big fan of country music, but I really like this song..you really need to watch this video--it has a great surprise(more than once) in it:  

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Dopeydwarf said:

Not a big fan of country music, but I really like this song..you really need to watch this video--it has a great surprise(more than once) in it:  

Yeah, he wouldn't make it into DCC training camp with those dance moves, lol. I had never heard him sing. It's a cute song. 

• Love 1

Well, I must say yall made for an interesting post finals week read. We were at auditions and a TCC mentioned the forum to  us and many of us read your comments and opinions about previous, returning, and new TCC. We were intrigued with how "knowledgeable" yall were and are with certain information about the current and former DCC and TCC (some of it a bit creepy cant deny) ha! None the less, we all had our opinions at Finals as to who would and would not make it back or be invited. I would dare to speculate that majority of yall haven't attended auditions or have only witnessed what is seen on the show. I believe I saw some post about their being there at auditions and Meet The Team in previous years and this year for auditions. I will say a lot of comments read were slightly harsh and downright offensive, but I suppose to each their own on what they choose to post. Being that I was at all three rounds of auditions this year and years past I will say that this year was a light year for ladies and talent. Though the talent that shined through was extremely promising and proved to be even better in the form of many Veterans and TCC solos and field session performances. I think many of yall jumped the gun when it came to the videos summited for The Vote being frankly overly critical and truthfully ruthless ha! Keep in mind the TCC learn that combination that day and must seemingly perfect it in a matter of hours that even some of the veterans in past years struggled to do with ample time. The comments made about "candidates looking to the alumni to catch on to where they were in the combination" were valid because many of them do that but at the same time everyone has a brain fart and needs a little reminder some more than others. As to comments on solos that majority of yall haven't seen in their entirety I find that a bit presumptuous to for an opinion based on a costume. As they say "you cant judge a book by its cover" referring back to the comments about Khalyn and others costumes or footwear. I will say there wasn't much disagreement with the final ladies new and returning to training camp per the judges choices from DCC Staff, Veterans, Alumni, and Fans who were in attendance at auditions. I think there could have been up to three more Vets that could have been cut due to their performance and there lack of during the season. Some did look soft in their solos and on the big screen in the forms of their dancing and figure. I believe they had a wake up call at auditions and hope they will realize the gift they were given on being invited back and will get it together so there isn't another Hanna situation. I do believe this will be an extremely emotional and special training camp due to it being the last at VR. I'm sure many of you assume what you think will happen and who you think will make the final cut this year, but I suppose it refers back to the good ole saying "Don't assume. assuming makes an...." :) ha! its going to be an interesting summer, we look forward to checking on yalls comments and "spoilers" as the summer goes on!

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Well, I must say yall made for an interesting post finals week read. We were at auditions and a TCC mentioned the forum to  us and many of us read your comments and opinions about previous, returning, and new TCC. We were intrigued with how "knowledgeable" yall were and are with certain information about the current and former DCC and TCC (some of it a bit creepy cant deny) ha! None the less, we all had our opinions at Finals as to who would and would not make it back or be invited. I would dare to speculate that majority of yall haven't attended auditions or have only witnessed what is seen on the show. I believe I saw some post about their being there at auditions and Meet The Team in previous years and this year for auditions. I will say a lot of comments read were slightly harsh and downright offensive, but I suppose to each their own on what they choose to post. Being that I was at all three rounds of auditions this year and years past I will say that this year was a light year for ladies and talent. Though the talent that shined through was extremely promising and proved to be even better in the form of many Veterans and TCC solos and field session performances. I think many of yall jumped the gun when it came to the videos summited for The Vote being frankly overly critical and truthfully ruthless ha! Keep in mind the TCC learn that combination that day and must seemingly perfect it in a matter of hours that even some of the veterans in past years struggled to do with ample time. The comments made about "candidates looking to the alumni to catch on to where they were in the combination" were valid because many of them do that but at the same time everyone has a brain fart and needs a little reminder some more than others. As to comments on solos that majority of yall haven't seen in their entirety I find that a bit presumptuous to for an opinion based on a costume. As they say "you cant judge a book by its cover" referring back to the comments about Khalyn and others costumes or footwear. I will say there wasn't much disagreement with the final ladies new and returning to training camp per the judges choices from DCC Staff, Veterans, Alumni, and Fans who were in attendance at auditions. I think there could have been up to three more Vets that could have been cut due to their performance and there lack of during the season. Some did look soft in their solos and on the big screen in the forms of their dancing and figure. I believe they had a wake up call at auditions and hope they will realize the gift they were given on being invited back and will get it together so there isn't another Hanna situation. I do believe this will be an extremely emotional and special training camp due to it being the last at VR. I'm sure many of you assume what you think will happen and who you think will make the final cut this year, but I suppose it refers back to the good ole saying "Don't assume. assuming makes an...." :) ha! its going to be an interesting summer, we look forward to checking on yalls comments and "spoilers" as the summer goes on!

I think these boards are extremely fair on what we see and what we know and acknowledge that we don't see. If you don't want us to judge the solos for the fan vote, simply don't have a fan vote for us to judge lol. I think everyone takes in consideration that they learn that quickly and even the best make mistakes. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

I think these boards are extremely fair on what we see and what we know and acknowledge that we don't see. If you don't want us to judge the solos for the fan vote, simply don't have a fan vote for us to judge lol. I think everyone takes in consideration that they learn that quickly and even the best make mistakes. 

"fair" could be used lightly in my opinion but to each their own I suppose. also I never said don't judge the combination solos, I simply said SOME comments were slightly harsh calling out specific girls about looking to the alumni and not knowing or performing the combination fluently enough.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

"fair" could be used lightly in my opinion but to each their own I suppose. also I never said don't judge the combination solos, I simply said SOME comments were slightly harsh calling out specific girls about looking to the alumni and not knowing or performing the combination fluently enough.

Well, I respectfully disagree. Wasn't it last season that Charlotte (I think) said someone had a granny face? And we're harsh? Haha

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

I tend to agree with a lot of what you said. I've said it before, but the fan vote video is just not a great way to judge if someone is a good dancer or not. There have been girls in the past who turned out to be great dancers who didn't look great in their fan vote videos.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TXStar35 said:

Wow, you wrote a lot. I have some questions if you don't mind me asking.

1. Are you stating that you are a DCC rookie training camp candidate? 

2. You said there were 3 returning vets that could have cut due to weight gain. Can you give names? 

3. I, personally, really thought Hunter Blackwell was a shoo-in. I was shocked that she did not make it into TC. Can you share with us what happened with Hunter?

Grazie!

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Well, I respectfully disagree. Wasn't it last season that Charlotte (I think) said someone had a granny face? And we're harsh? Haha

That was Tina Kalina at training camp 2 years ago, and I do believe I never said the judges comments weren't harsh. I am simply saying some comments about peoples personal lives and relationships are a bit harsh when yall don't know them personally from what I gathered. I have had the pleasure of meeting many of the TCC and again you cant judge a book on its cover or their instagram. I have been told personally by TCC and Veterans alike they are making their personal lives more private and keeping certain things off social media as a result of being sent things and made aware of from this forum. I think the forum is fun and harmless but there is a fine line between being a fan of the show and extreme creeping wanting to know every possible detail of these ladies lives. just my opinion again though.... 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

Wow, you wrote a lot. I have some questions if you don't mind me asking.

1. Are you stating that you are a DCC rookie training camp candidate? 

2. You said there were 3 returning vets that could have cut due to weight gain. Can you give names? 

3. I, personally, really thought Hunter Blackwell was a shoo-in. I was shocked that she did not make it into TC. Can you share with us what happened with Hunter?

Grazie!

sorry for the long post! ha!

1. No I am not a training camp candidate this season.

2. Before I respond let me clarify the other veterans that were spoken about pertaining to weight was not an official discussion but an observations from friends and private conversations. I would prefer not to give names about the 3 girls that were mentioned among people at auditions due to most of the Veterans and Rookie Candidates knowing of this forum and checking it from time to time.

3. From my understanding Hunter had been debating on auditioning for DCC for some time but was committed to DMD. She began to prepare and finally chose to audition later than majority of the other TCC. So waiting for her season with DMD to end and begin to prepare for auditions, leaving her with little time to polish on DCC technique. From everything I've been told she made a great impression on the judges and DCC staff alike, and has every intention on returning next year polished and prepared for auditions. She was very sweet and polite to everyone at auditions the few times I saw her socializing with the Veterans and TCC. I hope she returns!

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, TXStar35 said:

You make a few good points in your post. People do get overly harsh at times in their comments on the dancers from our armchair perch in the judging venue. Often several posters take it in turn to remind everyone that we've only seen a few seconds of a much longer solo performance. 

Let's remember that the DCC Organization has chosen to air DCC:MTT and invite the fans to participate in the show, and we all know that there are going to be extremes in any fan site. The posters here enjoy watching MTT and love the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. I hope you consider coming to the board more often and posting thoughts and insights. They would definitely be welcome.

I might add that joining 2 hours ago with the apparent intent to monitor fans here on their posts seems a bit judgmental to me. But that's JMO. :) 

And FYI - There are a few people here who say they have an "insiders view" of the DCC audition process. For myself, I don't claim to be anything but a fan of the show. :)

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 14
On 5/27/2016 at 10:59 AM, Oranaiche said:

Kelli's reply to Neal was actually, "I'm glad you said that Neal, because I wouldn't," followed by laughter, which to me more sounds like she didn't actually want to voice that they can't change Madeline's face. Just my take on it. Regardless of all that I think Madeline's look is a lot better this year, and her style has improved, so I hope she goes all the way.

I'm hoping that Madeline and Kelsey make the team this year. 

• Love 4

Also, saying "3 other vets that could have been cut for weight/softness" only stirs the pot to make us discuss this stuff more.  Don't put something like that out there and judge us for talking and speculating about who they are ;).

MTT doesn't really show full clips of the girls dancing, so the fan vote videos are the best thing we've had to go on in years.   I personally judge more on their technique/presentation on what they do do, and forgive memory mistakes more than others.  I really don't think we were very harsh on anyone who didn't know the dance well other than Shelby (and I think her issues went well beyond generally not knowing the dance).

My bet is the 3 heavier vets were Melissa, Jenn K., and maybe Megan.  People they just couldn't cut cause they are such good dancers, but maybe they warned them.  Amy T. possible as well, but she's been on the heavy side from the start, so maybe not.   TXStar, can you at least confirm/deny if I'm on the right track? ;)

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

I might add that joining 2 hours ago with the apparent intent to monitor fans here on their posts seems a bit judgmental to me. But that's JMO. :) 

Thank You!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

Essentially I agree with what you are saying but I think you forgot that this is a forum about a tv show.  The minute these ladies start hashtagging DCC finals or posting videos of power classes they put themselves into the public eye.  Also, they want to be a part of an iconic group of entertainers.  That means that there is going to be criticism and discussions about their personal life.  No one makes them post pictures on public instagram accounts.  For the most part I think the people on this board are pretty tame.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, cherryblossom said:

Wow what if this is one of the judges like Kristi Scales?

Kristi Scales would never EVER jeopardize her position by posting that. Why would she? She is inner circle.

• Love 1

My bet is it is someone who auditioned and made finals, but not TC.   Maybe someone on or affiliated w/ the Texas Star dancers from the user name, but that would be a little too revealing/obvious on their part so maybe not.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

You make a few good points in your post. People do get overly harsh at times in their comments on the dancers from our armchair perch in the judging venue. Often several posters take it in turn to remind everyone that we've only seen a few seconds of a much longer solo performance. 

Let's remember that the DCC Organization has chosen to air DCC:MTT and invite the fans to participate in the show, and we all know that there are going to be extremes in any fan site. The posters here enjoy watching MTT and love the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. I hope you consider coming to the board more often and posting thoughts and insights. They would definitely be welcome.

And FYI - There are a few people here who say they have an "insiders view" of the DCC audition process. For myself, I don't claim to be anything but a fan of the show. :)

First off, i LOVE your response!

I do wish to tell you that my intent isn't to monitor by any means! I have been watching the post for over a year and have thoroughly enjoyed majority of the post and conversations! Today after reading more recent post I decided to join in on the talk just for fun. so I do apologize if it came off "monitoring"! Also i have seen the post about insider perspective which is cool to wonder who is on here as well.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Also, saying "3 other vets that could have been cut for weight/softness" only stirs the pot to make us discuss this stuff more.  Don't put something like that out there and judge us for talking and speculating about who they are ;).

MTT doesn't really show full clips of the girls dancing, so the fan vote videos are the best thing we've had to go on in years.   I personally judge more on their technique/presentation on what they do do, and forgive memory mistakes more than others.  I really don't think we were very harsh on anyone who didn't know the dance well other than Shelby (and I think her issues went well beyond generally not knowing the dance).

My bet is the 3 heavier vets were Melissa, Jenn K., and maybe Megan.  People they just couldn't cut cause they are such good dancers, but maybe they warned them.  Amy T. possible as well, but she's been on the heavy side from the start, so maybe not.   TXStar, can you at least confirm/deny if I'm on the right track? ;)

I can promise you this that there was never any judgment on the discussion at all, that's what forums are for!

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

Sounds like monitoring to me.....

• Love 3