Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 8:20 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

I actually like Madeline Massingill's look this year.  Haven't seen enough of her dancing to pass judgement on that.  At least she doesn't (to me) look like a little kid anymore

I agree her look is fresh, but sadly not DCC. And wouldn't it be a NO NO for a returning hopeful (vets included) to show up with a different look than what K & J already set for you in make overs? It seems like they told her last year she didn't make the cut because of her face. Did they ask her to reaudition? The gummy smile in her profile video picture is a definite NO. The curly brunette look is one DCC Chantel is already mastering, she is BEAUTIFUL!! Madeline is a cute little thing, and a fun dancer. I am sure she'd be successful in a college team or NBA setting. Somewhere the highly scrutinized beautiful "DCC look" will not be an issue. I hope they let her loose at finals and don't drag her through being cut again in Training Camp. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I believe Caila and Simone will be cut.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see at least 2-3 other rookies cut (several of them look like girls who just blend, and I think they'll be cut just like Courtni was a few seasons ago).

She should be, even though she's an awesome dancer ... and Kat too in my opinion!

37 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think they did, one of the girls wrote on twitter "don't forget to vote every 24 hours"

It just let me vote twice..lol I think that's the third or fourth time I voted today! Maybe because I'm not in the US?

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 2:13 PM, California Girl said:

Okay, that was exhausting.  I just sat down and watched the audition videos back-to-back-to-back-et al.   In the end, I found that it was easier to grade A+/A, A/A-, A-/B+, B+/B, and then circle whether I thought they were more A+ or A, and so-on and so-forth.  Complicated, I know, but I want to submit a good evaluation and ranking.  I know nothing about any of these young women, except for those ladies who were featured in previous seasons, so I have no inherent biases.

My A+/A girls (based on dance) were Cersten (65) and Selina (28).  The A girls were Brooke (7), Mandy (36), Madeline (101), Royesha (17), the A/A- girls were Heather (12), Hunter (08), Brennan (81), and the A- were Maggie (54), Emma (06), Tess (75), Whitney (22), and Jackie (73).

I had a number of candidates at the A-/B+ level, including standouts Yuko (83), Allie (43), and Minerva (100), Kelli (30), Kylee (13), and Christi (70).  Celinda (85) was a disappointment as she started out very strong, but then forgot the choreography.  So much potential, I think, if she can remember her choreography. 

One of the top two candidates on my list -- (and I watched every video back-to-back) -- is Selina (28).  Again, I have no connection to any of the candidates, but have watched the show since it first premiered as a special.  So I am disappointed to see that Selina is currently not in the top-10 of fan votes, as she is really good with the audition choreography.  She may not be the very most beautiful of the girls auditioning, but she has a good figure, is great performer with "pop", and seems like a nice girl.  That is my plug for having you all watch her video.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, California Girl said:

One of the top two candidates on my list -- (and I watched every video back-to-back) -- is Selina (28).  Again, I have no connection to any of the candidates, but have watched the show since it first premiered as a special.  So I am disappointed to see that Selina is currently not in the top-10 of fan votes, as she is really good with the audition choreography.  She may not be the very most beautiful of the girls auditioning, but she has a good figure, is great performer with "pop", and seems like a nice girl.  That is my plug for having you all watch her video.

i just rewatched Selina and  LOVE her. she looks awesome. hope this is her year. agree, my top faves are Cersten, Selina, Royesha, Mandy, Brennan, Khalyn, Madeline (i know there is controversy over her look - i think she is so vastly improved over last year that i'm satisfied). I think the fan vote will be a result of who has most followers on social media BUT i'm hoping these girls all make it into TC and onto the team of their own merit.

• Love 3
(edited)

Folks, I probably didn't read the thread back far enough, but Carly sure looked familiar..I was racking my brain.  Bachelor in Paradise is where I saw her, I think.

Edited by Dopeydwarf
added video
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, SusieG said:

i just rewatched Selina and  LOVE her. she looks awesome. hope this is her year. agree, my top faves are Cersten, Selina, Royesha, Mandy, Brennan, Khalyn, Madeline (i know there is controversy over her look - i think she is so vastly improved over last year that i'm satisfied). I think the fan vote will be a result of who has most followers on social media BUT i'm hoping these girls all make it into TC and onto the team of their own merit.

I like Selina and voted for her several times so far.  Do you think she really needs to worry about making it?  

• Love 1

Madeline reminds me of Jenna. I thought Jenna looked too young when she first auditioned but they took a shot on her because she was a wonderful performer and now look at her.  I think Madeline could be the same. I just shrug when people start saying someone doesn't have the DCC look. There are always girls who make it on the team who are not Abigail Klein level and they still have fans who think they are gorgeous.  I do agree tho that if Madeline doesn't make DCC she should try NBA.  I think that could really be a great fit for her, at least to get a year of pro cheering under her belt if they dont' think she's still developed enough for DCC. I'm still rooting for her tho. 

11 minutes ago, SusieG said:

Agree that Selina looks wonderful this year! I barely remember her from last year but she stands out this time around. I don't think she should have any trouble.  I also think Khalyn is absolutely gorgeous, wow! 

• Love 2
(edited)

Personally I think Madeline is beautiful and has a cute smile. If a little gummy, it doesn't even compare to Margaret Martinez who was cut for that reason. I also don't think it matters that she changed her look from what they did in her makeover last year because hers really was one where they couldn't achieve a full result in one go due to how dark her hair was to start out with. I think the color she has now is good, and if they want it straight, that's an easy fix. I hope to see her in camp and on the team.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

It just let me vote twice..lol I think that's the third or fourth time I voted today! Maybe because I'm not in the US?

I've been able to vote more than once in a 24 hour period...not sure how they work it but I keep putting in same name and email lol 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I've been able to vote more than once in a 24 hour period...not sure how they work it but I keep putting in same name and email lol 

Same! Lol thank god it's not just me haha!

45 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Love Selina, she's in my top 10!

• Love 1

If Madeline makes the team, every theory/belief I've had all this time about what the DCC is looking for is thrown out the window.   Her dance style is wrong, her look is wrong, her smile is wrong, and her figure is wrong.   I don't even know if she has the background/resume that they look for?  Like is she even going to college or does she have a career beyond teaching yoga or rec dance classes?  And her personality is immature (this could have changed though).   They MAY want her for religious diversity so they can say they have a Mormon on the team, but it would be a shame to waste a spot that could go to someone that is a better fit just over that.

I think she made training camp last year cause Neal McCoy liked her, her dancing is good (but not the DCC style and they hoped they could teach her) and they hoped the makeover would make her look more DCC - but when she couldn't adjust to their style and the makeover didn't do much, they cut her.  Her dancing in that video is still not the DCC style and she still looks like a little kid IMO - and the gummy smile is something new I noticed from her pic on the fan vote and that's another strike against her.

I'm not saying she's a bad dancer or is ugly, I just really don't think she is a good fit for the DCC.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Yeah, there's a picture of her (or someone who very closely resembles her) pointing at a number on the board, numerous congrats on her twitter for making it to finals, so I'm not sure what the deal is!

Agree, agree, agree.

Usually the number board is prelims. During semi finals, Kelli calls the girls numbers that are through to the next round.

There seems to be two different versions of the vote. There's one that you drag and drop the girls and the other is you click the heart and it turns to blue from pink. The one with the hearts allows you to vote more than once. The other version only allowed me to vote once. The link someone put here is the drag and drop, but the one the girls have in their bios is the other version. I'm confused.

(edited)

Was looking at the DCC page on FB and under their post about voting, I see Amy's mom is commenting, thanking people who said they are voting for Amy and telling them how hard Amy has studied this year and worked on her solo.  Kind of sweet actually. (and holy crap, her mom is really glamorous! i can't believe she's old enough to be amy's mom!) 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Usually the number board is prelims. During semi finals, Kelli calls the girls numbers that are through to the next round.

There seems to be two different versions of the vote. There's one that you drag and drop the girls and the other is you click the heart and it turns to blue from pink. The one with the hearts allows you to vote more than once. The other version only allowed me to vote once. The link someone put here is the drag and drop, but the one the girls have in their bios is the other version. I'm confused.

The one with the hearts is the mobile version so it's streamlined. If you're able to vote multiple times there but not on the desktop site, sounds to me like they don't have it coded correctly.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Oranaiche said:

The one with the hearts is the mobile version so it's streamlined. If you're able to vote multiple times there but not on the desktop site, sounds to me like they don't have it coded correctly.

Interesting that the mobile version is so much better than the desktop version.

3 hours ago, Dopeydwarf said:

Folks, I probably didn't read the thread back far enough, but Carly sure looked familiar..I was racking my brain.  Bachelor in Paradise is where I saw her, I think.

Karly the finalist definitely isn't Carly from the bachelor, FYI. Carly from the bachelor used to be (still is?) a singer, but I don't think she's a dancer (https://www.instagram.com/carlywad/ )

One of the girls that is a finalist is Holly P's best friend, I just found her dancing video and she's not half bad.

I'm just now making my way through the videos. Cersten looks like she'll be the standout in this class based of what I've seen. I also think Selina looked great. Shelbi on the other hand looked awful. Yikes. I do think Madeline looks better this year, and I think Hunter will be great with a week under her belt. I also thought Royesha looked good, and while I'm rooting for Jenna, she did not look great there.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I wonder if there will be a vet that screws up the interview tomorrow

Isn't there always at least one?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Found part of post elsewhere
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

One of the girls that is a finalist is Holly P's best friend, I just found her dancing video and she's not half bad.

Can you share which girl you're referring to?

10 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Can you share which girl you're referring to?

I believe she is referring to finalist Allie, who is tagged in quite a few recent pictures on holly's Instagram

16 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I believe she is referring to finalist Allie, who is tagged in quite a few recent pictures on holly's Instagram

Thanks. I don't have Instagram so I don't always see these things.

(edited)

Who wore it best? ha ha

POLLY_TOP_FF__57961.1453824056.460.600.j635990918957694691_92.jpg

Not for nothing, but after looking at that dallaswear website, I'm almost positive that Kelsey's yellow outfit wins the prize for the most expensive audition outfit in the room. By my reckoning, she paid almost $600 for the "Mila" top ($292.50) and the "Ruby" shorts ($289.50). I hope she got a discount for being one of the company's models. By way of comparison, Amy's pink outfit was practically a steal at only 167.50 ($87.90 for the "Polly" top and $79.60 for the "Candice" shorts.)

Mila_Ruby_Full__25246.1391127385.300.391635990901460809241_35.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

So, when the voting links were originally posted, it let me vote multiple times in one day.  Now it says I can only vote once in a 24 hour period.  Did they just change something?

Depends on how many email address you have ;)

9 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Madeline reminds me of Jenna. I thought Jenna looked too young when she first auditioned but they took a shot on her because she was a wonderful performer and now look at her.  I think Madeline could be the same. I just shrug when people start saying someone doesn't have the DCC look. There are always girls who make it on the team who are not Abigail Klein level and they still have fans who think they are gorgeous.  I do agree tho that if Madeline doesn't make DCC she should try NBA.  I think that could really be a great fit for her, at least to get a year of pro cheering under her belt if they dont' think she's still developed enough for DCC. I'm still rooting for her tho. 

I definitely think Madeline can grow into her looks and be a good DCC. She reminds me of Jenna a bit, but I will say that Jenna was a much better dancer (in DCC style) than Madeline when she first tried out, and while Jenna looks young, she is very pretty IMO. Madeline is average to me looks wise, but not to a point where she would stand out in a bad way. I actually think her dancing was as big or a bigger problem for in training camp than her looks last year. Hopefully, she has improved over the past year. I'm rooting for her.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Who wore it best? ha ha

Not for nothing, but after looking at that dallaswear website, I'm almost positive that Kelsey's yellow outfit wins the prize for the most expensive audition outfit in the room. By my reckoning, she paid almost $600 for the "Mila" top ($292.50) and the "Ruby" shorts ($289.50). I hope she got a discount for being one of the company's models. By way of comparison, Amy's pink outfit was practically a steal at only 167.50 ($87.90 for the "Polly" top and $79.60 for the "Candice" shorts.)

There's actually a good chance they gave her that outfit for free as long as she plugged it, which she did, I think on Instagram? Someone posted a photo where she talked about her outfit being from Dallaswear. That plus her being one of their models makes me think she got it at a deep discount if not free.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Personally I think Madeline is beautiful and has a cute smile. If a little gummy, it doesn't even compare to Margaret Martinez who was cut for that reason. I also don't think it matters that she changed her look from what they did in her makeover last year because hers really was one where they couldn't achieve a full result in one go due to how dark her hair was to start out with. I think the color she has now is good, and if they want it straight, that's an easy fix. I hope to see her in camp and on the team.

I think she looks adorable and fresh. 

• Love 5

How does @dcc_hunter already exist as a Twitter account? I wonder if DCC staff reserve the Twitter handles of girls they think have potential, or if someone made it themselves to make sure she doesn't get that username haha

1 minute ago, Bailey3606 said:

How does @dcc_hunter already exist as a Twitter account? I wonder if DCC staff reserve the Twitter handles of girls they think have potential, or if someone made it themselves to make sure she doesn't get that username haha

And it says the account owner's name is Shelbi at the top? What the hell is going on? Lol.

Personally I think Madeline has more of a DCC look than Kat.  Kat doesn't look DCC at all.  She looks scrawny or something.  Those dances all of them are doing now--I guess I am older--but to me that's not dancing--it's just gyrating like a snake  slithering in the grass (I live on a farm).

• Love 6

Taylor tweeted basically her whole solo in 2 parts. It's so good :( I hope to see her professionally cheerleading one day - whether its NFL or NBA. She's so perfect for the role. She's always so busy with Traxxas though! Literally, does that girl ever take a day off?! Lol. 

I love Madeleine's look this year. It's so refreshing to see a girl that doesn't look a million percent polished all the time. As for the 'DCC look', I get that the girls have to be beautiful, but if they're not careful they're going to end up with a squad of clones. Keeping that diversity is key! I wonder what KJ have made of Maddie's new look... 

Hope we get to see some more solo clips this year! 

• Love 3

I've watched most of the videos now and I swear there aren't any of the candidates doing the exact same arm movements in the first two 8-counts! I really wish we had a video of a vet doing the "correct" version so that we could compare. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Which finalist?  

Allie Drost, I forgot her number but she's wearing I think brown.

9 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Who wore it best? ha ha

Kelsey wore the top one best, I actually really love the way the yellow stands out on her.

(edited)
44 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I actually agree with you on this.  I can appreciate the complexity of doing something like that, but I don't think it gives an adequate gauge of who will be able to do DCC style dancing.

"Those dances all of them are doing now--I guess I am older--but to me that's not dancing--it's just gyrating like a snake  slithering in the grass (I live on a farm)."

Bah. Screwed up the quote box.

Edited by ChlcGirl

I'm like seriously nervous for these girls, especially Kelsey. I saw Kelli's tweet yesterday about the panel interviews and they literally study the girls. I feel like they ask hard questions to some on purpose just to stump them.