Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: America's Got Gab

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Thumbs up on the themed topic naming.

The show's name (and Britain's Got Talent as well) always amuses me.  It's grammatically correct, technically, but so awkward.  I'll always wonder why it wasn't Britain Has Talent and America Has Talent.

Idk, but I did see that she and Nick Cannon are officially separated (some sources say the divorce is in full swing but idk how reliable they are). It makes that crack Howard made about Nick and Mariah's wedding night super awkward in hindsight.

I know they're trying to be cute, but I hate that "dembabies" description Mariah and NIck use to describe their twins.  The kids are adorable but "dembabies" just makes me cringe.

A "performer" made it through to the next round by smashing pumpkins with his head and another did it by drinking dozens of eggs.  Others, whose "talents" included teaching people to kiss and making his ears wiggle, weren't as lucky, but they still thought they had talent. 

What is your "talent"?

(Note: this is "talent" in quotes - not a real talent, like being able to play the violin, instead, it is some relatively silly thing that you think you are able to do better than most people you know and that may impress random strangers)

Mine is being able to say the alphabet in reverse order very quickly. 

Question for anyonewho has ever attended a taping, or may have caught sight of this:  Is there coaching prior to the acts taking the stage which involves signals when you will be expected to rise to your feet?  Simply cheer? 

I see far too many occasions when the audience rises as one to believe it is random.  It is also done quite cheaply.

It's just not fair to the last group that they must wait two additional weeks (three altogether) for their shot to advance.

Those who have will have a major advantage in preparation for the semis.  Conscious choices were made by production and this disparity in scheduling was most certainly in their minds as they made their grouping decisions.

It appears to my cynical eyes that most of the (pretty much all?) real contenders are already through.    

They should have started airing the shows this season a week earlier so as to avoid this unfortunate situation.

• Love 1

Well, how could they possibly have known when the Olympics would be?  (While we're cynically laughing, someone is probably actually trying to make this argument.)  The third group of acts seemed like some of them could use an extra few weeks, but even so it wouldn't have been hard to give a little more balance (start a week earlier, one less week of filler, etc.)

Is there coaching prior to the acts taking the stage which involves signals when you will be expected to rise to your feet?

I haven't been, but I know for the taped shows they use editing; the crowd could be cheering for something else entirely.  (That said, most live shows have "applause" and "laughter" signs; they don't always work.)

I like Nick, I really do, but I wonder if he's well.  Just looking at his eyes, he just looks sick.  I know when he was married to Mariah he did a stint in the hospital.  I think it was kidney related, but I'm not sure.  I hope he's ok.  

I wish that AGT would do a Where are they now? Special. Or is there a way to create a new thread for this topic. There are some acts that I can't remember specific names so I can't Google them but if anybody is aware of them it would be great to know about them. For example, the teenage group, with the female singer that was on about 5 years ago. I remember Pierce keep telling the girl she should ditch the.band. I thought they made it pretty far. 

Some are even winners who seemed to disappear like the one white guy with a guitar ,or Eugene Landau Murphy  (is that right?)

And then some are silly like Big Barry.

I would definitely watch an hour special if AGT did it. I thought last year with being the 10th season anniversary of show they would have had something like that, but I thought what they had was lame.

3 hours ago, callmebetty said:

I wish that AGT would do a Where are they now? Special. Or is there a way to create a new thread for this topic.

Just use that lovely "Start New Topic" button near the top of the page (Top-Middle area).

6 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Ruh roh.  I just smelled a Seacrest/Cowell reunion.  Someone pleeeeeeeze tell me it can't happen!

Well, at least Seacrest never appeared to be interested in stealing Marlene Dietrich's wardrobe to wear on the air like Nick did.

I would love Seacrest host AGT.  Why do some not think it's a good idea?  I like Nick in interviews but here I find him frantic and distracting in the wings and some silly stuff on stage. 

I don't get why people don't like Tyra.   She was solid .... but I too heard she won't be back.   Terry Crews has done great on champions and it would make sense to bring him back for season 14.   Mel B has a Spice Girls tour this summer.  Will she be gone too?