Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Where Somebody Waits For Me

While new discoveries are made in the investigation of Charlotte’s murder, the truth begins to emerge about the Liars’ personal lives. Spencer is concerned to learn her mother is keeping a secret of her own. Aria confesses to Liam how deeply she’s involved with Ezra’s book. Ali admits that she and Elliott are more than just friends. Mona reveals where her true allegiances lie. Caleb, Spencer and Hanna deal with the complications of new relationships.

Promo:

But, Hanna isn't stronger or smarter -- in fact, I'm thinking the pendulum has swung the other way and say the PLLs have regressed since they got back to Rosewood and actually gotten dumber.

And did Caleb say that they beat 'A' once before -- only they didn't.  'A' basically let themselves be captured.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2
And did Caleb say that they beat 'A' once before -- only they didn't.  'A' basically let themselves be captured.

This is a sore spot for me as well, but I don't think Caleb is entirely innacurate. They survived A and were the last ones standing, even if it was because A threw in the towel so, imo, they tecnically beat A. I believe there's pride to take in their collective strengh and resilience in the face of abuse and torture but I wouldn't get too cocky about it because A frigging gave herself up. I doubt this new A will so while there's something to be said for keeping their spirits up and trusting they can survive this too, they really need to step up their game.

My biggest problem with this season is that I don't get why they all don't just leave Rosewood for good, change their phones, change their frigging names if that's what it takes. They're not teenagers anymore, they have a whole different set of tools to protect themselves. The only thing that would make the slightly bit of sense for me at this point is if the girls in fact know who the killer is and even if the killer herself doesn't. Maybe one of them snapped (ARIA) and the other three are protecting her.

I think that's the link that's missing to pull this season together for me. After all, the person who was murdered is someone they hated, rightfully so, if they're gonna have to live through being stalked and abused again, at least give me a decent reason this time around.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 6

I think that's the link that's missing to pull this season together for me. After all, the person who was murdered is someone they hated, rightfully so, if they're gonna have to live through being stalked and abused again, at least give me a decent reason this time around.

You don't think EmojiA being deluded enough to think the Liars know who killed Charlotte constitutes a good reason?!? I bet that In the end it will all be a wacky misunderstanding in the grand tradition of "Oops, I killed Bethany instead of Alison". Can't wait. 

I have a bad feeling the only thing they are interested in this time around is breaking up and getting back together the couples.

That's unfair to the writers - they are also interested in rehashing season one plotlines.

• Love 4

Detective What's-her-name states that that is the first homicide they have had here in 5 years.  So who was killed 5 years ago in Rosewood ?  What was the identity of the victim of the last murder in Rosewood before 'A' was captured and this 5 year murder moratorium seems to have occurred ?

Since it certainly wasn't Mona.  Mrs. DiLaurentis ? Maya ?  Ian ?  Wilden ?  Nate ? Was it Pepe the dog ?  Because Pepe the corpse sniffing dog has been gone a long, long time and yet Alison never mentions him.  Maybe that is where Alison went for several episodes this season -- she was visiting Pepe on a farm with his new owners.  

Come to think of it, Jenna hasn't re-appeared after the 5 year jump yet so maybe she is dead -- and no one cared.  Or maybe someone killed off Talia on the night that 'A' was captured.

• Love 2

"Maybe she needs a hand?" Haha, see that's supposed to be funny because Sarah's hands are injured except....oh wait, she has to climb down a 3 mile ladder to get to the bowels of Radley. I'm starting to think that the writers are just fucking with us where these inconsistencies are concerned because no writing staff could be so damn incompetent.

So, Ezra knows that Aria and her friends made themselves suspects in a murder to protect him and instead of just telling them the truth, he hauls ass out of town and lets chaos rain down on them. Seriously, he believes not telling Aria that her parents are fucking again is more important than Aria and her friends being accused of murder? Oh but wait, he was just so angry.

"I know Charlotte hurt a lot of people, but for someone to actually murder her" I'm going to need a flashback to Alison being lobotomized in Charlotte's dollhouse.

Why is Hannah such a bitch now? I seriously wish someone would tell her that her misery is her own damn fault for being such an idiot.

• Love 2

Emily should have thrown her tea at Tanner.  Or, being an alleged adult, just said "talk to my lawyer".  Screw Tanner and her insinuations.

Hanna made me actually sympathize with Jordan.  She was jumping down his throat for no reason.  Also, was she wearing my grandmother's tablecloth?

• Love 2

I felt like we were getting original recipe Hanna back--I liked how supportive she is of Emily, and I liked how she flew past Aria to confront whomever was rooting around in the basement and I especially liked the girls' scuffling to gain the upper hand.  Hanna's "Sorry for grabbing your boob Em" cracked me up.

The Caleb/Hanna scenes made me squee--there was a natural vibrancy to their conversations--but I kind of think Caleb was a huge jerk to her in that flashback scene.  He obviously has zero respect for her career and he was really bitchy to her when she was trying to reach out to him.

The Spencer/Caleb scenes still make me sick with their forced "connection" and his threatening Mona was very eye roll inducing.  He talks about bullies with Hanna but then he turns around and tries to push around Mona--real tough there Caleb.

I did like the confirmation that Emily now has the money to finish her education but how tragic that all of those potential babies were destroyed--damn sad.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3

The only scene that really stood out for me was the Hanna and Caleb flashback, and even there I am really torn.  On the one hand I liked that they showed us how Hanna and Caleb grew apart even though they used to be the healthiest couple on the show.  The reason they give, both Caleb and Hanna had very time consuming and different careers, feels like a realistic reason for them growing apart.  That being said, why do couples never fight when they breakup on this show?  They either act all angsty or passive aggressive until it is over.  I get that fashion is not Caleb's thing but the least he could do is stay with Hanna and be nice to her future bosses.  Also, I hated how Hanna phrased everything as a question in the flashback.  She is smart enough to know what was bothering Caleb.  Either tell him that he can go home or tell him to support you in your career.  I did not want to see the screaming and crying that happens in nasty real life breakups, I just wish one of them had come out and said that they were not happy with their relationship and actually addressed the problems they were having.

Maybe I am being to harsh.  After six seasons of epic teenage romances (I am looking at you Aria), I just want the show to be a little more direct with the relationships.

• Love 1

My biggest issue with tonight's show was Tanner. No one has been murdered in five years. That is true. Her argument is invalid because murderless bliss is not due to the girls being gone. The dangerous person--the person torturing, blackmailing, kidnapping, stalking, and killing people--was locked up for those five years. These girls were victims. I thought this was established upon Charlotte's eventual capture. Tanner is acting like these girls were the ones doing the killing before and suddenly it's started again because they're back to hacking people up. Unless she knows about Nate and Shanna, it just doesn't make any kind of sense. If anything, I'd be hiring bodyguards for each girl or putting them in witness protection.

I appreciated the Haleb flashback. I wish this entire season was like that--how they got where they are. But that would require character development.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 7

Alison's makeup was much better this episode, she looked really pretty. Her clothes are still a little too Sunday school teacher for my liking but since floral prints and long skirts seems to be their less than subtle way of telling us she's "good" now, I doubt it'll change... unless she goes "bad" again. 

The most boring pll ever.

It really was a boring episode. The season as a whole is terribly boring. I know the liars couldn't stay in high school forever but I much prefer their teenage antics to this snooze fest. 

The only thing I liked was the ultra-creepy tag of A-whatever restoring the electro-shock station to the Disney-tastic "Whistle While You Work."

That was pretty great. 

"I know Charlotte hurt a lot of people, but for someone to actually murder her" I'm going to need a flashback to Alison being lobotomized in Charlotte's dollhouse.

Why is Hannah such a bitch now? I seriously wish someone would tell her that her misery is her own damn fault for being such an idiot.

That would actually explain a lot of Alison's recent behavior. 

I wouldn't describe Hanna as a bitch, but she does come across as sour and miserable. It's boring to watch her mope around every episode complaining about how much she doesn't want to be in Rosewood. Then go to New York and stay there. She hasn't been ordered by a judge to stay in town, she doesn't need to stick around to support Emily--there's other people who could do that, she should just leave if she wants and stop acting like she has no choice when she does. I know she has to stay in Rosewood for the show to work but could they at least stop making her whine about it.   

Hanna made me actually sympathize with Jordan.  She was jumping down his throat for no reason.  

Jordan might be the most boring person on the planet but he does seem to genuinely love Hanna and has been trying to be as supportive as possible, so I feel kind of bad for him because we all know they're never actually getting married. And I wish Ashely would at least try to sell their relationship. I know she loves Tyler and wants Haleb together but her character is engaged to another man, she should at least try to appear interested in him. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 4

My biggest issue with tonight's show was Tanner. No one has been murdered in five years. That is true. Her argument is invalid because murderless bliss is not due to the girls being gone. The dangerous person--the person torturing, blackmailing, kidnapping, stalking, and killing people--was locked up for those five years. These girls were victims. I thought this was established upon Charlotte's eventual capture. Tanner is acting like these girls were the ones doing the killing before and suddenly it's started again because they're back to hacking people up. Unless she knows about Nate and Shanna, it just doesn't make any kind of sense. If anything, I'd be hiring bodyguards for each girl or putting them in witness protection.

I had the same response.  I was like, "Yo, bitch. Someone else was gone for 5 years... the actual criminal."  

I was glad to get an explanation for Haleb, But I hate that it seems to still be about teasing them (the arm grab).  I like Spencer with Caleb, but I didn't need them to happen.  And the thing I love most about this show are the friendships between the girls as a group and the various pairings.  So I DO NOT WANT to watch some bullshit triangle nonsense. 

Delighted to have Mona back in action. I was very much concerned that last week was a one off. She was gone for so long that I didn't want to trust it.  But as for the episode as a whole....zzzzz.  And, oh look.... Melissa is probably shady again....... 

I had the same response.  I was like, "Yo, bitch. Someone else was gone for 5 years... the actual criminal."  

I was glad to get an explanation for Haleb, But I hate that it seems to still be about teasing them (the arm grab).  I like Spencer with Caleb, but I didn't need them to happen.  And the thing I love most about this show are the friendships between the girls as a group and the various pairings.  So I DO NOT WANT to watch some bullshit triangle nonsense. 

Delighted to have Mona back in action. I was very much concerned that last week was a one off. She was gone for so long that I didn't want to trust it.  But as for the episode as a whole....zzzzz.  And, oh look.... Melissa is probably shady again....... 

• Love 1

I know Mona's probably the shadiest character on the show but I'd like to believe she was genuinely trying to help Spencer's mom by showing her the opposition file on her family.

So are we supposed to think Melissa killed Charlotte to protect Spencer...again. Because if so, she's making a habit of murdering people for her sister and maybe she needs to reevaluate their family dynamics.  

That was pretty ridiculous. She knows they weren't actually guilty of anything 5 years ago and were in fact victims of Charlotte, so why the attitude? It's one thing to suspect them now because Charlotte hurt them and they had reason to want her dead, but why is Tanner acting like prior to leaving for college they hung around town murdering people for fun and now that they're back they're at it again? Not only were they victims of Charlotte, but all 5 liars were in a way victims of the police who not only failed to protect them, but actively tried to put them in jail for shit they didn't do. Why are all the police in town obsessed with trying to arrest these girls for murder? 

• Love 4

At least Melissa is consistently ride or die for her sister.

True. Melissa is pretty hardcore. She'll bury a bitch, no questions asked. She doesn't even bother checking for a pulse. Whacking Charlotte with luggage parts certainly isn't out of the question for her.  

Did Ezra actually say that all those times he lied to Aria were for a good cause? So tricking a 16 year old child into sleeping with him so he could gather intel for the true crime novel he was writing about another teenage girl he had a thing for, was for a good cause?

I loved how Aria was like “omg I can’t believe I accused you of murder! We were totally acting like crazy vigilantes! How horrible of us! We almost never do this!” Like the liars haven’t accused half the town, including one of their best friends and various members of their families, of the same thing at one point or another. Pretty sure falsely accusing people of murder is their signature move. 

Don’t know if it’s intentional or not but Rollins comes across as creepy. Maybe his relationship with Ali is genuine, although I doubt it, but the guy looks like he’s hiding something. Could just be the actor's delivery but it seems like Rollins knows something about the call to the DiLaurentis house or the restaurant Tanner mentioned.

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 5

It seems shady to me that Tanner didn't mention what time the phone call was made to the Di Laurentis house instead of telling Rollins that the phone call must have been made after he left without, you know, asking what time he left. I'm no state police investigator but I'm pretty sure that establishing a timeline is something they would want to do.

In the doctor's defense, I thought the reason he looked shady during the conversation about the phone call is because she asked if he was at the house all night and he said no, but knowing that he and Alison have been seeing each other makes me think that maybe he was but he just didn't want to admit that since his relationship with Alison was still a secret. I wonder if Charlotte knew about their relationship though. If she didn't, then it would have been weird for him to stay at their house the first night she was home.

My gut instinct is to always assume that Mona and Ezra are lying. I still haven't decided if Mona was telling Spencer the truth about the oppo research. Sadly, I think that Ezra is mostly telling the truth this time, which just makes it even shittier that he was like, "Sorry you guys look like you're guilty of murder, but I'm just so mad that I'm going to leave town without telling you where I was!" The really stupid thing is that even before they showed up at his place to confront him, he could have just told Aria that he was too keyed up to go to sleep so he went to the diner and had pie, conveniently leaving out the fact that he saw Byron and Ella. But noooooooo. It's so much better to just leave town and then not return Aria's multiple phone calls about this work-related manuscript. Five years later but Ezra still acts like a child.

OMG that motel looked like something straight out of the Moulin Rouge video so of course I loved its utter tackiness. Jordan is boring but at least he did something cute and funny like that to cheer Hanna up. I know we are supposed to be scared of new A, but the eggs with a fork through the eye totally cracked me up.

I was certain that Spencer and Aria were going to get trapped in the old Radley dungeon so I was relieved when they got out. But I was yelling, "Dude! You guys have phones! TAKE PICTURES so you have proof before it all magically disappears or gets sealed up!"

How do Spencer and Caleb know that those documents weren't photoshopped? On a shallow note, I loved Spencer's dress in this episode. She looked like a perfect candidate's daughter.

When Veronica said she was going to do the Drive By Scranton show, I was really hoping Michael Scott would show up.

I love that Hanna has been such a supportive friend to Emily. Yes, Em, go back to school aka GET THE HELL OUT OF ROSEWOOD! If Tanner wants to question them, they can come back to Rosewood.

I love that Liam recognized Aria's writing. I like that he isn't ratting her out to their boss, but I can't wait to hear what Ezra has to say when he finds out that she turned in her writing with his name on it.

Usually I love Caleb, but he was being a brat in the flashback. Hanna was at a work event. You don't get to pout about your girlfriend not spending enough time with you when she's working. That would be like Hanna showing up at his office and nagging him to pay attention to her.

I was like, "Yo, bitch. Someone else was gone for 5 years... the actual criminal."

I KNOW! I couldn't believe Tanner had the gall to say that to Emily. There haven't been any murders in the last five years because THE MURDERER has been in a mental institution, no thank to Rosewood PD, the state police, the FBI, the CIA, or anyone else, so get off your high horse and quit acting like the girls who were stalked, kidnapped, and tortured are to blame for any of this.

• Love 2

Three takeaways from this episode.

1. Whenever any of the liars wake up alone; I think something horrible has happened.

2. I was half expecting the only missing eggs to be Emily's by episodes end....oops.l and not suspicious at all,

3. When the liars come to Rosewood the murder rate rises.....to one.

<~~~~edited to add a fourth takeaway

4. There is always a secret hidden room with a shady looking file cabinet.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

I thought Shower Emoji would have more blueprints and other documents in the file cabinet (you know, because a file cabinet is a back up for hiding things inside your gloves), so I guess yay for not being totally predictable?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I’m glad Aria’s boyfriend saw right through her ghost writing routine.  Oh noes, Ezra also wrote the next chapters!  What wacky hijinks Aria gets up to.  (In the real world, they’d just send in the new chapters and say “forget the other ones, I decided to go in a new direction”).  Once again, Aria is in her own Ezra-centric plot unrelated to the other Liars.

The description of the murder weapon seemed awfully specific, considering it was determined by the cut on the back of Charlotte’s head.  Spencer thinks it’s the missing handle from Melissa’s luggage, but I don’t know.  For one thing, Spencer is always wrong when she leaps to a conclusion, and another thing is that, on my luggage at least, the collapsible handle is cheap plastic on a thin aluminum tube.  Hit someone with that and it’d just bend.  It might break the skin, but it wouldn’t break someone’s neck.

The reason they give, both Caleb and Hanna had very time consuming and different careers, feels like a realistic reason for them growing apart.

Seems to be that way, but PLL’s casual acquaintance with linear time is rearing its ugly head again.  It’s only been 5 years since they left for college – when did either of them have time to develop a career?  Hanna and Jordan have to have been engaged for a year, right?  She’s been waffling that long on setting a date.  Also, Spencer and Caleb ran into each other 2-3 years ago in Europe.  The Hanna / Caleb breakup most likely happened while she was still in college.

I was glad to get an explanation for Haleb, But I hate that it seems to still be about teasing them (the arm grab). 

That zoom in was about as subtle as their unmotivated camera moves to show the product-placed phones / cars / hair care products.  Very jarring.

Don’t know if it’s intentional or not but Rollins comes across as creepy. Maybe his relationship with Ali is genuine, although I doubt it, but the guy looks like he’s hiding something

It’s Ezria 2.0 – the unethical forbidden romance.  I thought his shadiness about letting Spencer know was probably due to the potential professional problems he could get into when it becomes public that he was romantically involved with his patient’s sister.  I don’t know if that’s an actual violation of the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Code of Ethics, but it would sully his professional reputation.

Alternatively, he murdered Charlotte in order to be with Ali.

I still don’t really care.

• Love 2

I'm on Caleb's side in this fight. Yes, Hanna's job requires her to go to these events but I can't imagine that every single employee's significant other is expected to attend as well (especially a small potatoes employee like Hanna is). He didn't need to be there and she should've known him well enough to know that he wouldn't want to go.

I think the flashback done well. Although neither have had time to develop careers they both have had time to begin them. Being successful takes work and effort which Hanna is willing to put in while Caleb has only ever wanted to be with Hanna. They just hit a moment in time when they were in different places and wanted different things. I found that very realistic about high school romances.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was the party she met the person who introduced her to the woman she was working for at the beginning of the season.

Edited by Chaos Theory

I'm on Caleb's side in this fight. Yes, Hanna's job requires her to go to these events but I can't imagine that every single employee's significant other is expected to attend as well (especially a small potatoes employee like Hanna is). He didn't need to be there and she should've known him well enough to know that he wouldn't want to go.

I wasn't on either side. I just thought it was sadly realistic. Caleb had a job. Hanna was building a career which involved things like parties and trips to the Hamptons. There just wasn't time to spend together unless Caleb went with her, and he clearly didn't feel comfortable in that world. Stuff like that happens. Resentment builds up. Couples stop communicating. Relationships end.
  • Love 8

I wasn't on either side. I just thought it was sadly realistic. Caleb had a job. Hanna was building a career which involved things like parties and trips to the Hamptons. There just wasn't time to spend together unless Caleb went with her, and he clearly didn't feel comfortable in that world. Stuff like that happens. Resentment builds up. Couples stop communicating. Relationships end.

This is so true--could Caleb have dealt with going to the party better?  Heck yeah--he didn't even bother to hide his disdain for all things related to Hanna's job--but that wasn't the underlying issue.  They were growing apart and they didn't know how to fix it and after awhile, you start to wonder if you want to fix it.  I think that's where Caleb was last night in the flashback scene.

• Love 2

Says a lot about this season that the only people EmojiA has hurt in any way are the unfortunate folks who had bought or donated the eggs stored in that particular freezer. Or rather, the clinic's insurance company who is going to foot the bill.

This show has such an atrocious, artificial sounding dialogue nowadays. And adding insult to injury were all the meta remarks like "we are stronger now", "you beat A the last time", etc. The anvils are falling but what's happening on screen is completely the opposite of what we are supposed to believe. Or sometimes the remarks are right on the money like Aria's "Maybe that should happen. Maybe this is a new problem and we're getting stuck in old thinking," only they keep doing exactly what they say they shouldn't be doing.

Tanner has some gall even showing up in Rosewood, let alone making "sly" remarks about 5 years without murders. Emily should have told her "Bitch, you didn't even catch Charlotte and you also arrested the five of us for a "murder" that was never committed in the first place, so shut your trap before I put some glass in your hair, will you?".

I have the nagging suspicion that you cannot find out from an autopsy if the murder weapon is hollow but even if you could, why is Tanner sharing this information? Has she heard of the concept of confidential information? What a grade A moron that woman is.

How the hell did Hanna manage to work for so many designers even before she broke up with Caleb? Didn't that happen years ago while she was still in college? And shouldn't she have been too low in the hierarchy to go to so many glamorous parties anyway? Or at least for anyone to care if she comes with a date or not?

Liam is way too pretentious for his own good but at least he is not completely incompetent in his job.

Who was the contractor who made Radley into a hotel and why did he decide that all the space could not be turned into something usable? Then again, creepy dark tunnels tend to be quite usable in Rosewood, so maybe he did it on purpose.

Wouldn't leaking Veronica's medical file win her the sympathy of the voters instead? Plus, everyone would suspect her opponent for the leak. Doesn't sound like a good strategy to me. And why is Veronica so fired up to be in politics now? She seemed quite happy with being lawyer for the past five seasons and a half. Also, where is Spencer's dad? Does he still exist because they don't even mention him. Last but not least, "Veronica is hiding an illness" is yet another recycled season 1 storyline.

Caleb, I know you have fought actual ghosts but Mona has murdered actual people. Are you sure threatening to kill her is a good idea?

Don’t know if it’s intentional or not but Rollins comes across as creepy.

Partly intentional, partly bad acting, me thinks.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2

This episode felt like, for the first time, the writers were actually putting some effort in pulling the story together. It seems they're even gonna adress the big plot hole in regards why these girls still remain in this town.

I gotta say, Alison is looking guilty as hell for who might be A. I'm surprised at least one of the girls hasn't pointed the finger at her. After all, who else cares about Charlotte?

The Hanna/Caleb flashback was heavy especially after such a sweet scene between where I actually was able to see some rare chemistry between. In the flashback you could tell Caleb was miserable as hell and hating everything that Hanna's life had become. No wonder it seems he's had an easier time moving on than Hanna has (even though she's the one who got engaged!). And I think it can be argued Hanna has become a "Sybil". So he made the right choice for himself.

I really, really liked Liam. For the little we've seen of him, he seems like a fun and cool guy. Way too good for Aria. Speaking of Aria, her pink outfit was absolutely adorable as was her bringing up the possibility of going to the police! Actually, everyone looked a lot better than they've looked since the start of the season. Both Alison and Hanna actually looked pretty again, make-up and hair on point.

THE CALEB & MONA SCENE WAS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

The scene between Spencer & Alison was great as well. The most likable Alison has been all season.

"I'm sorry I grabbed your boob, Em."

No wonder Keegan seems so bitter on twitter given the amount screen time Caleb is having.

GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!! Oh Spaleb are so good together, they give me life.

• Love 1

So why didn't any of the PLLs remark on the fact that Shower Harvey and her robotic hands wouldn't be able to navigate the ladder and the movable filing cabinet?  Shower is supposed to be so injured that she's off the suspect list for Charlotte's murder -- if she couldn't swing a luggage handle, how did she climb a 20 ft extension ladder?

It makes me wonder if this isn't a mistake, but either "Sara's hands are fine" or "it was a secret passage for someone else to get into Shower's room."

• Love 2

This is so true--could Caleb have dealt with going to the party better?  Heck yeah--he didn't even bother to hide his disdain for all things related to Hanna's job--but that wasn't the underlying issue.  They were growing apart and they didn't know how to fix it and after awhile, you start to wonder if you want to fix it.  I think that's where Caleb was last night in the flashback scene.

I agree with both of you. Yes Caleb was hard on Hanna but I definitely got the impression it was a long time coming; that he had been feeling unhappy for a while and that he got tired of trying to connect with the person she was becoming. All in all I was very impressed by that scene.

Caleb's dig/warning to Hanna about her not becoming a Sybil pretty much said it all to me that their issues were so much bigger than the party. I think that was Caleb's warning that whoever Hanna was becoming was not who he signed up to be with. He seemed pretty done with her altogether, imo. And considering the Hanna we've been given this season, can't say I blame him.

Seems to be that way, but PLL’s casual acquaintance with linear time is rearing its ugly head again.  It’s only been 5 years since they left for college – when did either of them have time to develop a career?

LOL tho. I never thought I'd empathize so hard with Caleb: I too hate everything the writers have chosen Hanna to be.

Jordan should run to the hills. 

• Love 1

I can't even remember, who knocked Bethany out in the first place? Spencer? I know Melissa killed her by burying her without realizing she was still alive, but who hit her?

I actually got a kick out of Tanner's remark about the murder rate. Yeah, I know, the PLLs didn't do any of the murders themselves (although Emily and Aria both killed people) and the actual murderers were either locked up (no thanks to the cops) or eventually got killed themselves, but I just took it as more of a meta comment rather than a serious in-show comment. It made me laugh.

Rollins is now #1 on my list for EmojiA. He's sketchy as hell, and of course as Charlotte's doctor he would know everything about how to play "the game." (Mona had been first on my list, but then the show got around to making her look suspicious a little too fast.)

I can't even remember, who knocked Bethany out in the first place? Spencer? I know Melissa killed her by burying her without realizing she was still alive, but who hit her?

It was Mona. 

Rollins is now #1 on my list for EmojiA. He's sketchy as hell, and of course as Charlotte's doctor he would know everything about how to play "the game." (Mona had been first on my list, but then the show got around to making her look suspicious a little too fast.)

Oh perfect! Another white male love interest torturing the girls which we'll be forced to forgive 5 minutes flat after the reveal.

Wouldn't leaking Veronica's medical file win her the sympathy of the voters instead? Plus, everyone would suspect her opponent for the leak. Doesn't sound like a good strategy to me.

It might give her sympathy at first, but then people would think about it and decide they don't want a senator (is that what she's running for?) who has cancer and may need to take time off to deal with it.

It was Mona. 

Wow, I don't remember that at all. Clearly, this show has completely fried my brain. Thanks for answering!

And I remembered another question that I had, which actually relates to this episode: Who was the little girl in the photo that Emily was looking at when she and Spencer went to talk to Ali? They were in Ali's house, right? The girl didn't look anything like Ali or Charlotte (who would've still been Charles at that age, anyway)...

Oh perfect! Another white male love interest torturing the girls which we'll be forced to forgive 5 minutes flat after the reveal.

He doesn't feel like Ali's endgame to me, which is one of the reasons I suspect him. From the name she wrote in the flash forward we know she marries him (and the hastiness of that also gives me pause - what's he in such a rush to marry her for?) but I doubt it lasts. Sketchy quality aside, they've put as much effort into establishing him and his relationship with Ali as any of the other clearly temporary love interests (Liam, Jordan...) - in other words, not much at all.

Edited by Black Knight
And I remembered another question that I had, which actually relates to this episode: Who was the little girl in the photo that Emily was looking at when she and Spencer went to talk to Ali? They were in Ali's house, right? The girl didn't look anything like Ali or Charlotte (who would've still been Charles at that age, anyway)...

That was a pic of young Sasha.

And yeah, it makes tons of sense Dr. Rollins should be A, I'm still praying to God he's not, especially because it's 110% garanteed we'll get a bullshit redemption. TPTB can do a fake-out and reveal it was Alison instead of him. That would be tolerable.

On another note, I just remembered something: I'm so over the bit of Ali's characterization where she acts like she has never been to the movies or held hands with guy and she's so fascinated by all this normal, innocent stuff. I could buy that from traumatized teenager Alison, if I tried hard enough, but a 23 year old Alison? It just feels like she's playing a character -- the wounded bird. I wanna see her keep that up for a month and not bore herself to death. Then I wanna see her turn the crazy up to 11 and the horror in the guy's eyes when he realizes what he has gotten himself into.

• Love 1

Oh, yes. This Ali is so boring. That scene in the previous episode when Ali comes into Emily's hospital room after her nightmare(?) of Sara both made me grin and sigh because it showed how well Sasha does playing ambiguous layers when she is given the opportunity. (Same for the shade-filled prayer.) I desperately want Ali to start cutting some people.

• Love 2

And I just checked "Charlotte's Web" where Spencer and Caleb are reminiscing about that summer in Spain.  Spencer says "can you believe it's been 3 years..."  So their encounter in Madrid happened only 2 years after the end of "Game Over Charles" (excluding the flash forward).  Presumably the flashback was set before then, so in less than 2 years Hanna has already started working for some fashionistas.

Though why I try to put any logic to the timeline on this show is probably something I should see a therapist about.

• Love 7

I gotta say, Alison is looking guilty as hell for who might be A. I'm surprised at least one of the girls hasn't pointed the finger at her. After all, who else cares about Charlotte?

The fact that the girls aren't more suspicious of Alison is really confusing to me. Are we supposed to think they're not going there because she's one of them now and they genuinely trust her? Do they not want to jump to conclusions because they've falsely accused her of being A once before and feel bad? Are the writers just avoiding pointing to her as a suspect because she actually is A and they want it to be a surprise? Whatever the reason is, I hope the liars at least have a deeper discussion about it than the throw away line from a couple episodes ago about Ali being away and not being able to threaten them from a diary farm, because Alison has motive and I don't buy that they trust her enough not to entertain the thought. 

He doesn't feel like Ali's endgame to me, which is one of the reasons I suspect him. From the name she wrote in the flash forward we know she marries him (and the hastiness of that also gives me pause - what's he in such a rush to marry her for?) but I doubt it lasts. Sketchy quality aside, they've put as much effort into establishing him and his relationship with Ali as any of the other clearly temporary love interests (Liam, Jordan...) - in other words, not much at all.

I know someone already answered that it's a photo of Sasha when she was younger, but you're like the third person I've seen ask this question and say the girl in the photo looks nothing like Ali which is kind of funny to me. But I could see where it might be a little confusing because the little girls they've used for young Ali in childhood flashbacks have always had straight hair and Sasha's hair in really curly in the photo. 

Yeah, if Rollins is involved in some way, either as A or as the murderer, I think he'd be the one "evil" character they don't bother to redeem even if he is Alison's husband at that point because I don't think they're going to end up together regardless of what her last name is in the flash-forward. 

Oh, yes. This Ali is so boring. That scene in the previous episode when Ali comes into Emily's hospital room after her nightmare(?) of Sara both made me grin and sigh because it showed how well Sasha does playing ambiguous layers when she is given the opportunity. (Same for the shade-filled prayer.) I desperately want Ali to start cutting some people.

I constantly go back and forth and whether or not I want Ali to be bad. On one hand, it makes sense and she's a more interesting character when she's "bad". But as a fan of the character, I'd like to think she's a decent human being. 

• Love 1

I thought it would have been interesting if Ali had done more things like her crazy Noel Kahn plan. Not bad because she THINKS she's out for their own good, but a total wild card. If the liars smartened up and Ali and Ashley were doing the cray cray schemes I would dig it.

• Love 2

The Hanna/Caleb flashback was heavy especially after such a sweet scene between where I actually was able to see some rare chemistry between. In the flashback you could tell Caleb was miserable as hell and hating everything that Hanna's life had become. No wonder it seems he's had an easier time moving on than Hanna has (even though she's the one who got engaged!). And I think it can be argued Hanna has become a "Sybil". So he made the right choice for himself.

I guess I'm in the minority because I don't think Hanna's anywhere near becoming a Sybil--now her horrible boss was definitely a Sybil--Hanna's still on her friends' side, she's still just as supportive as ever with Emily  and I especially liked the scene where she talked about them all having kids and the playdates she had planned for them.  To me, she is still a person who is empathetic and not a coldblooded fashion maven.   Caleb's being able to walk away from their romance may have been the right thing for him to do, but that doesn't automatically mean that Hanna has changed for the worse.

The fact that the girls aren't more suspicious of Alison is really confusing to me. Are we supposed to think they're not going there because she's one of them now and they genuinely trust her? Do they not want to jump to conclusions because they've falsely accused her of being A once before and feel bad?

That's one of the few things we have seen in 6B that make sense to me - the Liars know all too well how vicious Alison can be. If she thought they knew something about her precious Charlotte, she wouldn't bother with emoji riddled text messages or egg stealing, she would start throwing bombs. Maybe literally.

But really, the whole thing is just monumentally stupid. Let's assume that the Liars do know something about the murder. Why on Earth would they admit that to some malicious stranger who (as of yet) doesn't have any blackmail material that could trump covering up or direct involvement in a murder?

It might give her sympathy at first, but then people would think about it and decide they don't want a senator (is that what she's running for?) who has cancer and may need to take time off to deal with it.

Well, that's more or less what they said in the show but I am having trouble buying it. This whole storyline seems ripped from the headlines to me, are there any famous similar cases in real life?

Edited by Jack Shaftoe

That's one of the few things we have seen in 6B that make sense to me - the Liars know all too well how vicious Alison can be. If she thought they knew something about her precious Charlotte, she wouldn't bother with emoji riddled text messages or egg stealing, she would start throwing bombs. Maybe literally.

Mean girl firecracker-throwing mentality is what got Alison presumed dead and exiled for most of her high school years. I would bet those tactics have been drilled out of her from that experience. Seedy and underhanded could very well be her new M.O.

• Love 2

I know someone already answered that it's a photo of Sasha when she was younger, but you're like the third person I've seen ask this question and say the girl in the photo looks nothing like Ali which is kind of funny to me. But I could see where it might be a little confusing because the little girls they've used for young Ali in childhood flashbacks have always had straight hair and Sasha's hair in really curly in the photo.

It wasn't the curliness, it was that the girl looks like a brunette in the photo. Weren't the YoungAli actresses blonde? (I definitely remember the creepy girl twins who would show up on occasion to make us think about the possibility of Ali having a twin were blondes.)

Yeah, if Rollins is involved in some way, either as A or as the murderer, I think he'd be the one "evil" character they don't bother to redeem even if he is Alison's husband at that point because I don't think they're going to end up together regardless of what her last name is in the flash-forward.

Yup, that's what I was trying to get at before when I wrote that I don't see him as Ali's endgame. As a result, they won't bother trying to redeem him. Unlike Spoby and Ezaria, there's no fanbase here to pander to.

I constantly go back and forth and whether or not I want Ali to be bad. On one hand, it makes sense and she's a more interesting character when she's "bad". But as a fan of the character, I'd like to think she's a decent human being.

I'm also a fan and I don't want her to be bad either. And I think it makes sense given everything she's been through that she's nicer nowadays, wants to have a quiet life instead of causing more trouble, etc. But there's a huge middle ground between her current utterly demure shtick and the bad Ali of old, and she could use some of her "talents" in the service of good. The PLLs are decent human beings and they have much more edge than Ali does currently.

• Love 1