Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The 16th Precinct

• Start Topic

Welcome to Previously.TV!
The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

(edited)

Well okay hi I'm Petra (is this when the forum all rise and reply 'hi Petra'?) but I usually go by MorbidPet since peeps on the very first forum I joined back in the days (an ER forum - wicked show, awesome fans) seemed to find me morbid and just gave me that nickname. And let's face it I am rather morbid but I've learnt to hide it better over the years ;)
I'm from Sweden, a huge SVU fan (especially since S13 and on), love the entire squad (miss Cragen & Munch like crazy) but I'm in love with Rollins & Fin (yes I ship them too, hard, #Finanda)
I'm a tv-holic and moviebuff. Other than SVU I love Hannibal, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Person of Interest, Bates motel, Elementary, Sherlock, I like Motive, Scandal, Grey's, Suburgatory, Shameless (US), and just numerous of other shows. Oh and I just fell in love with Helix though there was way too much oral contact that didn't involve black goo but I just imagined it there and it was okay.
Yes that's about it I guess. I'm pretty easy going but I can get worked up and I'm passionate about things I like and since I like SVU... I try hard to respect people's opinions though and so far I've managed to block out the crazy EO shippers in this fandom (I know not all are crazy but I'm hinting to the ones who for example bash Warren Leight on Twitter because the man who shall remain nameless left & 3 seasons later they still can't drop it & on top of it are nasty about it, those people are crazy and you can't tell me otherwise)
I'm hoping this forum will be my refuge now that TwoP are closing down. Bye for now.

Edited by MorbidPet
  • Love 2

Joined TWoP a few months ago for the Chicago Fire thread (in the last few months the forums were online, what are the odds), decided to migrate here.

Longtime L&O fan here. Mostly used to the original series and the older half of CI, although I'm slowly warming up to SVU; the character-heavy storylines didn't really appeal to me since I was more interested in the cases, although I'm getting used to it. Wolf's shows are pretty much the only thing I watch on North American broadcast TV anymore, although thanks to syndication and my mother I've been fed a diet of late 80s-early 90s comedies like Roseanne and The Golden Girls.

• Love 1

thought i'd say hello to you MorbidPet, de-lurking here and i made it my mission to read practically everything on the SVU archives on TWoP and i definately remember seeing your comments on there!! so yes, getting withdrawel symptoms already from the awesomeness that were the comments on there..anyway i love SVU, need to finally come somewhere and talk about it!!

(edited)

I'm over here too, it's great to see all you familiar faces!

Hoping for lots more discussion of the mess that is every character in this show at the moment except Finn and the ever awesome Barba.

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 1

WELCOME, my dear.  Sit a spell.  Put your feet up.  Can I get you a drink?  Pillow?  A life-sized Barba Blow-Up Doll?

Do you feel welcomed yet, or just a little creeped out, MrsB?  :-)

HAHAHAHAHAHA, Thank You!

The format takes some getting use to, but I like it here so far. 

• Love 1

Hello all:

For whatever reason, I'm just now signing up here. Anyways, I was over at TWOP for a couple years. Big SVU fan, have probably seen every episode now (there might be an odd Season 1 ep or two that I haven't caught yet). Hope to keep the discussions going here!

• Love 2

Hi guys! I was on TWOP as AlexAxle but have chosen to register here using the name I use on Tumblr and Twitter. I am pretty much the biggest Raul fan ever and by extension the biggest Barba fan. He's pretty much the only reason I watch the show these days, and I don't bother watching the eps that don't have him.

I hope we get more Barba in season 16. It was a crime how little they used Raul in S15!

• Love 1

I hope we get more Barba in season 16. It was a crime how little they used Raul in S15!

I'm a huge Hannibal fan too and I saw/read some things from Comic Cons and apparently Chilton (Esparza's character on that show) returns. WTF? Super bummed. Sure Esparza played the hell out of that character and made him very dislikeable but I was really hoping he would devote his time to SVU after Chilton took that bullet to the head. He took a bullet to the face/head, c'mon he should be dead. He should be Barba full time. Sigh.

(edited)

Not only that, apparently he's a 'major part' of Hannibal season 3. Honestly, I'm thrilled as Chilton is so delightfully awful, but I really do hope that we get all our requisite Barba this year too. Last year he was missing so much, it was disappointing. There were a lot of moments where you just had to think that it didn't make much sense for the character to be absent.

Not that I want the actor to get overworked. But I still think it could turn out okay, as a lot of the secondary characters in Hannibal are played by people with full time jobs on other shows and they have to schedule round them.

I'm also hoping we get more snippy, sassy Barba back too. Fewer cases with horrible child abuse or his friends nearly being raped would probably help in that area. When he was around, they kept giving him stories where the character's natural tendency towards snark would have been inappropriate under the circumstances. I mean, it's nice to see Barba being sweet, but it's better when the sweetness is in contrast to the bitter!

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 1

Well, hello. I started watching the L&O shows back in 2003, when I was in high school (and still toying with the idea of becoming a prosecutor). I got sucked into SVU the most initially because of the awesomeness of Alex Cabot and then because I became invested in the other characters. I've always been an on-and-off viewer due to the whole college/young adult life thing where I often either didn't have time or a TV available to me. I loved the Stabler/Benson partnership and didn't follow the show for a year and a half after CM left. Finally tuned back in and found that I liked the new additions, particularly Barba, who will never replace Cabot for me, but is pretty fantastic nonetheless.

I was a long-time lurker and very sporadic poster on TWOP. Loved that site and didn't know where to go afterwards for witty commentary. Finally found this place last week!

I don't ship anyone. I was staunchly against an E&O romance and am glad the show never went there. I'm interested in seeing how Rollaro plays out and a Benson/Barba pairing would intrigue me but I could take or leave any of that.

Regardless of Barba/Benson, I hope we get a lot more Barba next season. I'd love to get back to more of a balance between the "law" and "order" parts.

• Love 2

I have been a SVU fan regularly from the final season of Stabler. I really don't think they wrapped up his story very well at all. At the very least Cragen or Liv could have said she had talked to him and this is why he left etc. But oh well. It would hvae bene great for him to come to Munches retirement party. Or call Cragan? I have on other channels tried to catch up somewhat but have missed a lot of episodes. Same with L&O, only sporadic viewing. CI I didn't really start watching it until Goren and Eames left and watched NIchols and team. I really liked it too. But did like the last season when they returned and like Eames when she has come on SVU. Hope she does more. I suggested in different forums to have CI with Eames/Goren and Nichols, but to no avail. I enjoyed LA, and thought when they killed off Detective Rex Winters they kinda killed it. I had thought it would be great to watch from the begining and be a part of it all. Unlike the other 3 where I came in part way through. But they did not let it work out its kinks. I wonder if the other 3 had started in this day and age if they would have dones so well? I hated that they just up and killed L&O and didn't give it a final season, atleast a 13 ep. one.

I am on many forums and only discovered Twop a couple years ago. I remember reading hundreds of pages trying to get caught up on the different shows. Then boom they killed it. I never really did get the resson why. It may have been written somewhere, but we were hushed by the mods( I mod a couple other sites), and never really heard why??? Can I ask that here?

Edited by webruce

Hi all.

I just found this forum maybe 2 hours ago and I decided to sign up, mainly because I have no one who I can discuss L&O in general with. I've been a fan of SVU and the mothership since I was 5, and I'm actually surprised my parents didn't try to stop me from watching it. My grandpa is a huge fan of the mothership, go figure. The first episode of SVU that I remember watching was 911, and it's been one of my favorite episodes. I love everything about the show. The characters, the writing, hell, even the cinematography is fantastic. When I was younger, I would write episodes in novel form (does that make sense? I have no idea how else to say this in English) to practice writing. I still do, from time to time. I guess I ship Elliot and Olivia? I don't really know, I'm on the fence. They make terrific partners though and to me it feels like their relationship is more than platonic but it's not quite romantic or sexual? I don't know.

Law and Order is really the only show I'm into I guess, besides the Daily Show and Colbert. Other than that, I like reading, writing, graphic design, and watching films. My favorite filmmakers are Tarantino and Wes Anderson. 

• Love 1

So, my SVU story involves being incredibly annoyed that they were shooting in my neighborhood today and screwing up traffic all over the place.  I mean, stuff shoots around here occasionally, so that's not too unusual, but there was quite a production going on.  I think quite a few of them were around (and they appeared to have a few child actors as well), but I only saw Peter Scanavino and Danny Pino.  It was kind of surreal, they even had the Brown Crown Victorias of Justice parked in the scene.

Danny Pino is also really short.

At the risk of self-sabotaging my fantasies, starri, how short are we talking? Everything I see about him says 6', but I'm guessing that's not the case (although I will admit I've wondered at times if he wears elevator shoes, when I get a glimpse of his shoes in a set photo). One other question, and I ask this not knowing if you actually think he's handsome: short or not, is he as good-looking in real life as he comes across onscreen? Okay, that's it for my quota of fangirly questions for the day. :-)

I'm 5'10", and he seemed to be shorter than me.  It may just have been because Scanavino is REALLY tall.  My husband is 6'1", and he was taller than that.

Honestly, he's hotter in person, if such a thing is possible.  There's a whole lot of smolder in that body.

Whew! My fantasies are intact. I'm going with the "compared to Scanavino" theory, since they look pretty equal here in this interview from the 2014 Paley Fest. Their shoulders are the same height; Scanavino must have an unusually long neck and head, because his head definitely tops Danny's.

And knowing that he's hotter in person (really, IS such a thing possible?), I have much envy for you and my determination to see him in person one day is redoubled. I'll have to tell my husband to start saving up for my bail when I get tossed in the slammer as a stalker, LOL. Thanks, starri!

Edited by kirinan

So, my SVU story involves being incredibly annoyed that they were shooting in my neighborhood today and screwing up traffic all over the place. I mean, stuff shoots around here occasionally, so that's not too unusual, but there was quite a production going on. I think quite a few of them were around (and they appeared to have a few child actors as well), but I only saw Peter Scanavino and Danny Pino. It was kind of surreal, they even had the Brown Crown Victorias of Justice parked in the scene.

Danny Pino is also really short.

Was Peter Scanavino even better looking in real life? Lol!

So true. I hate the promos where she is the only one featured.

I wish Mariska Hargitay had pulled a Chris Meloni ages ago. I think Olivia is played out since she has been so overexposed. It'd be interesting to see more focus on Tutuola or something. But the realist in me knows if MH ever did call it a day now, NBC would just pull the plug entirely.

I wish Mariska Hargitay had pulled a Chris Meloni ages ago. I think Olivia is played out since she has been so overexposed. It'd be interesting to see more focus on Tutuola or something. But the realist in me knows if MH ever did call it a day now, NBC would just pull the plug entirely.

Yes! There has been way too much Olvia. I used to love her character, but I can't stand her anymore. If the episodes were more focused on Fin and Sonny, that would be amazing.

I'm trying to view the thread for season 17 opening double episode, but every time I go into the thread I get a weird pop up window (iPad) that says something about unlocking the page, and a list of apps to download. No way to close out of it. Halp? I'm so behind in the season and wants to catch up a bit, get some questions answered, or just read the shared love for Barba.

A little off topic but Raul Esparza's home and family are in Miami. Last season his mother had a medical issue and we were without Barba for a few episodes because he understandably went home. I can't help but wonder if we are going to have another Barba gap and a shuffling of episodes. I can't imagine him not going home to see to his home and family with this major devastating threat heading right for them. Darn it Mother Nature! Knock it off already. Anyway, prayers and hoping for the best to Raul and his family. Maybe he can get them to NY and safe. Prayers and strength to our friends in Florida.

On September 6, 2017 at 10:36 AM, QueenMab said:

A little off topic but Raul Esparza's home and family are in Miami. Last season his mother had a medical issue and we were without Barba for a few episodes because he understandably went home. I can't help but wonder if we are going to have another Barba gap and a shuffling of episodes. I can't imagine him not going home to see to his home and family with this major devastating threat heading right for them. Darn it Mother Nature! Knock it off already. Anyway, prayers and hoping for the best to Raul and his family. Maybe he can get them to NY and safe. Prayers and strength to our friends in Florida.

I have elderly family members near there who cannot or will not evacuate and have been selfishly relieved to see the storm tracking to the west now so that there will at least not be a direct hit on the Miami-to-Ft. Lauderdale areas (at https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurricane/tracker for Location enter the city and state and click Plot, for "Select a basin" choose Atlantic, and then for Storm select Irma).