Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, tres bien said:

VP is actually the only one who could realistically replace POTUS. Because she's the only one that could have the money they've raised. Anyone else would have to start from scratch

It’s part of her job description, should he not be able to do the job anymore. I thought that was the whole point.  There’s a line of succession. 

Edited by Anela
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

It would be nice for Morning Joe to replay clips of the show just before the primaries began. Mika was outraged at Dean Phillips for running against Biden .

She said there was no truth to the rumours about Biden's health & warned viewers that they better get on board with Biden or face the consequences of a Trump administration. Mika's advice will end up backfiring if Biden loses.

I know Mika is grateful that the First Lady agreed to an interview with her & that President Biden put pressure on VP Harris to invite her & Joe for dinner at the Naval Observatory  & agree to a KYV interview. Still, Mika has to put her interests aside for the country's sake.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, oakville said:

It's amusing to see Joe pretend to be a tough guy on TV but he runs away at the first sign of criticism.

But who is there to run from?  It's not like Barnicle or Steve Ratner or Doris Kearns Goodwig is going to challenge him on air.  

Maybe he's depressed or scared.   He put all his chips on Biden.   Now he finds out he's holding a pair of 2's in what is seeming more and more a rigged game.   And he knows he and Mika are near the top of a certain list.

He's probably house hunting in Andorra.  And I wouldn't blame him.   I spent all of yesterday in a state of anxiety.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tres bien said:

VP is actually the only one who could realistically replace POTUS. Because she's the only one that could have the money they've raised. Anyone else would have to start from scratch

This would solve some problems.  However, there has been unease among Party faithful about The President running again.  If he does step down and the powers-that-be in the Party throw support and money to the VP.....it could create some backlash from many voting Dems that they were not given a choice in the process. What a mess this entire situation is. And neither of our hosts are able to do their jobs without inserting their emotions. Loudly and/or hysterically.

1 hour ago, millennium said:

But who is there to run from?  It's not like Barnicle or Steve Ratner or Doris Kearns Goodwig is going to challenge him on air.  

Maybe he's depressed or scared.   He put all his chips on Biden.   Now he finds out he's holding a pair of 2's in what is seeming more and more a rigged game.   And he knows he and Mika are near the top of a certain list.

He's probably house hunting in Andorra.  And I wouldn't blame him.   I spent all of yesterday in a state of anxiety.  

Joe isn't afraid of the guests on Morning Joe. However, social media ridicules him as a "Baghdad Bob " character who lied about Biden's health when he met with him. Joe is sensitive to any criticism especially since he still likes to brag that he is a "True Conservative" with a 95 rating from the NRA etc.

Mika was grateful to VP Harris when she helped sell out tickets at a KYV seminar when she was running for President.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

However, social media ridicules him as a "Baghdad Bob " character who lied about Biden's health when he met with him.

Ah well, Mistake No. 2 -- heeding social media. 

(Mistake No. 1 is participating in social media.)

Edited by millennium
2 hours ago, millennium said:

Ah well, Mistake No. 2 -- heeding social media. 

(Mistake No. 1 is participating in social media.)

True. However, Joe has frequently attacked his critics on social media as living in their parent's basements and eating Cheetos. Joe will not accept any criticisms from rival networks or journalists.

One of Joe's media critics, Megyn Kelly has been bashing Mika & Joe for the last few weeks over their sycophantic support for President Biden.

I remember the feud between Megyn & Joe about 10 years ago.

Edited by oakville
  • Like 1

Simone Sanders Townsend laid it out this morning. There are no rules on replacing the President if he chooses not to run after the primary process.

This has nothing to do with succession. That only covers if the sitting president cannot finish his/her term due health or death.

Succession also covers if something were to happen to the sitting President and VP the next in line is the Speaker of the House 

• Like 3

Wednesday recap. Joe's exile continues during a week where there is a big political story is shocking.

Mika told viewers to simmer down about Biden. Biden agreed to make calls to Democratic Governors & grant an interview to Stephanopoulos.

Why didn't he grant an interview to Mika or Joe ?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Biden's aides are being criticized for hiding Biden from the media. His behaviour at the debate was more common than what was reported.

Willie said that Biden was preparing for the debate for 11 days. He can't complain about being tired from travelling.

Scarborough's characterization of Biden as the best Biden ever seems to be made up to stroke Biden's ego.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Wednesday recap. Joe's exile continues during a week where there is a big political story is shocking.

Mika told viewers to simmer down about Biden. Biden agreed to make calls to Democratic Governors & grant an interview to Stephanopoulos.

Why didn't he grant an interview to Mika or Joe ?

I think Joe's week long vacay is suspect in that he embarrassed and humiliated Mika on live TV last Friday then issued a lengthy apology on former Twitter and hasn't been seen or heard from since..

I hope it was Mika who told him to go away for a week 

• Like 2

Vanderhei said if the polls continue to show Trump getting close in  Virginia, Minnesota, New Mexico & New Hampshire, there will be pressure on Biden to step down. This could take 10 days. It will be messy with a new ticket but they would get momentum from extra media coverage.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, tres bien said:

I heard Vandehei talking about this this morning. For reference I gotta say here in MN no Republican has won the presidency since Nixon in 1976.

It's not like a lot of legitimately good decent Republicans have run for president since then

did you mean 1972?  Carter won in 1976.

Lyndon Johnson decided not to run in 1968, due to his unpopularity from the Vietnam War.  Guess who got elected.  The guy who said "if the President does it, it's not illegal". 

I'm wondering when Congress is going to step in and do something about SCOTUS making up laws.  I believe we learn in 1L that  according to the Constitution, Congress makes the laws, the courts interpret them. They can decide an EXISTING law is unconstitutional, but they can't just make up shit to suit their own needs.  Unless they're saying the quiet part out loud, ie "President Biden, throw him in jail". Official act of the Presidency and all.  I mean, it's not having Seal Team 6 take him out, it's just a little ride up to Danbury. 

We have to hope this SCOTUS bullshit scares enough people into realizing we cannot afford to have Trump back in the WH.  Whoever the Dems end up running,  I think Kamala and Pete Buttigieg may be our best hope if Biden does step down. We'll see how Biden does in his interview with ABC News Friday night. Newsome is a bit of a risk, both members of a ticket from CA? And do we want to deal with the fact Don Jr's girlfriend is his ex wife?  Because talk about mental lapses.  

Edited by SeanBug
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, tres bien said:

Simone Sanders Townsend laid it out this morning. There are no rules on replacing the President if he chooses not to run after the primary process.

This has nothing to do with succession. That only covers if the sitting president cannot finish his/her term due health or death.

Succession also covers if something were to happen to the sitting President and VP the next in line is the Speaker of the House 

I know.  People are talking about his health and decline, and she’s right there to take over, if needed.  I can’t say more, without breaking the rules.  

• Like 1

I agree with most everything most everyone has said. I don't know the logistics if Biden says he will not run again. Not stepping down, just not going to be on the next ticket. Could candidates who are interested put forth their cases and campaign? See the poll numbers and let it be decided at the convention?  Naive? Again, voters should feel they have more input. 

I am sure Joe could answer our questions but has chosen to hide and lick his wounds. Mika's performance(s) these last days have not gone over well on some sites. Sadly, she brings it on herself. Also...if she cannot stand up to her husband when he is disrespecting her on live tv - she should not be on live tv. KYV is more her speed.

• Like 2

Mika complained about Greece changing its labor laws allowing people to work 6 days a week or an extra 2 hours per day. Mika moaned about being on TV 4 hours a day. Sorkin said AI could reduce labour requirements. I wonder if MSNBC would replace Mika & Joe with AI robots. The robots could use an archive of Joe's rants over the past few years to create an AI-generated rant.

• LOL 3

I actually think Joe may be more afraid of  Mika than any other guests .

Joe can definitely be obnoxious but I think Mika comes across as someone who is very privileged, spoiled and can not handle situations where she doesn’t get what she wants. And heaven forbid  anyone dares disagree with her !

i actually think Joe should have told her she was obnoxious off camera , but she was ridiculous and angry at anyone who dared disagree with her opinion,  since she feels she knows way more than anyone else else because of her dad’s position .

Her behavior with The NY Times reporter yesterday was obnoxious and unprofessional.  You could hear her loudly sighing because someone dared add some reality to her fantasy scenarios that Biden is going to “come back “ from obvious progressive decline.

Mika was snobby a couple of weeks ago when they were talking about summer blockbusters like Back to the Future  and Indiana Jones in a segment about how summer box office numbers were not good .  

Mika said  “you couldn’t pay me to see  any of those movies” in her condescending tone of voice .! After all how would the daughter of a Secretary of State lower herself to see movies average peons like ?

I think Mika and Joe both are examples of why there is a crisis so late in the election .  Hiding away a candidate and denying what  the public and the press were seeing what was obvious, and now getting angry when people have genuine concerns .
Since everyone on Morning  Joe has constantly said that this election could be an existential threat to democracy and to international security , they should have been real about the candidate they support since this issue did not occur overnight . 

3 hours ago, Anela said:

I know.  People are talking about his health and decline, and she’s right there to take over, if needed.  I can’t say more, without breaking the rules.  

Thar is true , but he would have to win the election first , and the concern is that he can not win because of he is unable to handle unscripted appearances.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, oakville said:

I wonder if MSNBC would replace Mika & Joe with AI robots. The robots could use an archive of Joe's rants over the past few years to create an AI-generated rant.

Oakville...over the years you have never failed to make us (or at least, me) laugh when describing the behavior of The Twins.  They used to be kind of like yin and yang-type peas in a pod.  But no AI-generated rant could actually grasp the whole combustible stew of Joe when he is spewing smugness, know-it-all-ness and ego.  I would still rather watch and listen to him than Meeka.  

• Like 4
On 7/2/2024 at 1:25 PM, Anela said:

It’s part of her job description, should he not be able to do the job anymore. I thought that was the whole point.  There’s a line of succession. 

Good point...but consider: the line of succession - first is the VP, followed by the Speaker of the House.  Now, just consider that for a moment. 😬

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
On 6/29/2024 at 10:18 AM, SeanBug said:

I noticed MSNBC edited out Joe & Mika's spat for the 8 am re broadcast.  No use beating a dead horse when you're wrong, huh Joe? 

Maybe all the know it alls who are calling for Biden to step down and throw the Democratic Party, the convention and the election into utter chaos, basically handing the election to Trump, SHOULD calm down.

BIden's campaign people should have never agreed to that shit show. Tapper and Bash let Trump say whatever he wanted, CNN only fact checked him an hour later.  

Polls are showing that it's 50/50 as far as who won, and a Univision poll gave Biden the win.   

Obviously, the more the media harps on this Biden should step down bullshit, the more Democrats panic and MAGA Republicans are overjoyed.  More clicks, more tuning in to the news outlets to see if anything has changed.  Just what they want. It's the political version of those idiot ads "Former star of Who's The Boss is 70 looks 40!", and you click on it and it's an ad for some shitty face cream or something completely unrelated.  Made you look! 

Funny how the lies Trump told every time he opened his mouth are no big deal. Or that he brought up his golf game instead of answering a question.  

So we won't use the Obama/Romney debate as the comparison. How about Reagan-Mondale. Talk about being called out as old and frail.  

https://www.npr.org/2024/06/29/g-s1-7260/biden-debate-reagan

So maybe for once, Mika is right.  

Although I watch more MSNBC than is good for my blood pressure what is most infuriating is that they promoted Trump as the de facto candidate since January 7th, 2021 as much as Newsmax or Fox or any republican not named Cheney or Kinzinger. All about the ratings and we'll never get an apology from Joe & Mika for their active promotion of this nightmare.

That being said, I didn't mind Mika's Monday opener. I thought she was a lot more focused without her husband around but I also thought she should have pushed harder with Gay and almost anyone else demanding Biden step down. Where were these pronouncements when Trump lied or praised killers or stole documents or...pick anything else. The list is too damn long. 

I'm not advocating for ignoring some truths, but this country cannot survive another Trump presidency and Democrats don't have a storied history of coming together to make shit happen. I don't know that Harris can win which is why I appreciate people like Newsom sticking to the script (although it kind of read like a pick me speech and - much like @SeanBug I am not keen on anyone ever associated with Guilfoyle getting close to the WH again).

(As far as Joe's absence goes, I assumed it was due to his rockstar vacation package or his tinnitus. I'm leaning towards the latter.)

Edited by chick binewski
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

It's hard to read all these posts talking about how Biden should be stepping down or criticizing Mika for trying to be positive about him or all the comments about Biden's health, yet there's rarely a mention of Trump being loony as a cuckoo bird. As a person from another country who therefore can't vote in your election, it's Trump who scares the shit out of me. Biden has proved he and his administration can run the country well, while Trump has the Supreme Court giving him monarchical rights. Trump can't read his speeches let alone complete a whole sentence but you folks don't seem to mind that. I really worry for the U.S. and the rest of the world if the media continues to run with this same bias and regular folks buy into it. It seems so upside down and backwards from a distant view.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, shok said:

but you folks don't seem to mind that.

Us folks are constrained by site rules that prohibit us from speaking our minds about political subject matter beyond that which is discussed on the show.  

• Like 5
4 hours ago, shok said:

It's hard to read all these posts talking about how Biden should be stepping down or criticizing Mika for trying to be positive about him or all the comments about Biden's health, yet there's rarely a mention of Trump being loony as a cuckoo bird. As a person from another country who therefore can't vote in your election, it's Trump who scares the shit out of me. Biden has proved he and his administration can run the country well, while Trump has the Supreme Court giving him monarchical rights. Trump can't read his speeches let alone complete a whole sentence but you folks don't seem to mind that. I really worry for the U.S. and the rest of the world if the media continues to run with this same bias and regular folks buy into it. It seems so upside down and backwards from a distant view.

What you're saying is exactly what Mika has said all along.  I know our existing biases toward Mika's cry talking and outbursts can color how we feel about most everything she says, but I need more than the debate to believe Joe Biden is unfit to run.  What if his behavior is the result of exhaustion and taking cold medication?  Being hoarse from constant debate practice?  And I believe I said earlier, the shit Trump was saying, the lies, I know at times my mouth was agape at the utter insanity of his statements. 

I'm ten years younger than Biden and there are times esp at work when I'm tired and my body and brain just shut down for a few minutes.  And I see it happen to people half my age. 

Of course the media and other DC insiders are circling like a bunch of vultures.  Has anyone noticed how the media has basically given Trump a pass on everything he does?  Pull up a video of Trump at a recent rally and tell me honestly it's not the sign of a complete mental breakdown.  And physically? Give me a break.  He stumbles, he looks like he has no idea where he is, he can't complete a sentence without veering off on some completely unrelated subject. 

Where is the utter outrage at what the Supreme Court is doing? Other than on MSNBC, I don't see a lot of hair on fire opinions on Trump claiming he didn't sleep with Stormy Daniels, or the Courts making up laws, but by God Joe Biden didn't act like a 40 year old triathlete and the world is ending. 

As far as Joe, it's 4th of July week. I don't think Mika or the network banished him.  Everyone is used to his bullshit.  He's on vacation. He probably took the kids to Boston for some Red Sox games or whatever.  Sometimes a coincidence is just that. 

• Like 4
12 hours ago, shok said:

but you folks don't seem to mind that.

This comment is not fair or accurate and is, frankly, offensive because many/most of us do mind.  Please do not generalize.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

We watch this show and mostly have the same opinions on the day-to-day bloviating, privileged hosts and/or reporters.  Usually....the beauty of this group is that we can listen to other views and roll with all opinions. But this past week or so has been difficult to navigate; it has been volatile, depressing and hard not to let our feelings come through. I appreciate all of the comments. We are a diverse group. I am old enough to remember watching the 1968 Democratic Convention unfold on tv; had some friends there. Meaning..I can only imagine what the 24/7 news stations would have done with something like that. This current news cycle is designed to bring in eyeballs and to keep people tuning in. Talking Heads speculating. Keeping viewers in a constant state of agitation. 

I do thank the mods in this thread for letting our discussion proceed; please please continue to do so.  On the upside ... more posts mean more clicks, more ads, etc. Kidding! 🥰

• Like 4
13 hours ago, millennium said:

Us folks are constrained by site rules that prohibit us from speaking our minds about political subject matter beyond that which is discussed on the show.  

I mentioned the former President's name with an opinion, reacting to show talk, four times within 2015 to 2022, and my original profile was forever banned.  Banned with anger.  That was a wild, unhinged time for me where I made an unapproved comment once every two years on average.
That moderator is gone, but she wouldn't permit usage of the former President's fucking name.
"You were told once 5 years ago not to do this, and you have done it again, plainly disregarding my rules.  And now you can consider your profile banned forever."

This is the 3rd website hosting chats about Morning Joe and they banned me.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I hope Joe's despicable behavior towards Mika doesn't resurface next week. I can pretty much tolerate anything he rants about but disrespecting and humiliating Mika on live TV was too much.

I noticed that Joe started slinking back onto X on Wednesday making benign posts.

BTW are there any moderators on here anymore? I too got admonished and banned for 24 hours more than once for going off topic of show content.  And that includes on previously tv 😂

Edited by tres bien