Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Do my bleary eyes deceive me, or have they been running live content throughout the 8AM hour? My gosh, they are going to work these people to death! Can you imagine Joe bitching about his increased workload to Lemire? And Bobblehead telling Joe he's absolutely right?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 10/27/2021 at 11:38 AM, plumbago blues said:

I clicked upon this morning's show just as Curtis Sliwa was talking. I actually enjoyed having a fresh face and a fresh perspective. I was happy that the panel let him speak without yelling and interrupting. But then, Joe and Mika showed up and I was out...Mika mugging with that monster cat; yeah, okay, Sliwa's a cat guy, but, of course Mika had to insert herself into it. Like show and tell and her usual one ups-man-ship...and so juvenile. Trivializing the whole segment and insulting to their guest, IMO. Reminded me somewhat of her running her fingers through Trump's hair.

I often wonder if Willie regrets using his nickname as his professional name...because he really owns this show...but the concept of Morning Willie...Geist and Guests, as was previously discussed, sounds better every day.

I lived in NYC during the 70's and remember Curtis Silwa and all his antics and bravado. Ugh...and his wife Lisa (former wife now). He really hasn't changed much...just a little heavier and grayer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Friday Mini Recap.

Jonathan Lemire handed off the show to Mika. The network was nice enough to put his name without capital letters on the Way too Early logo.

The show mocked Mayor De Vlasio wearing a Spock blue shirt from Star Trek & making fun of Senator Mitt Romney dressing up as Ted Lasso.

Joe said that Zuckerberg is acting like Mussolini by changing the name from FaceBook to Meta.

Joe made fun of Sheryl Sandberg for dissappearing at Facebook. Mika will not interview her  for 50 over 50.

Willie said Romney was using a Friday Night Light lines rather than Ted Lasso.

Joe made fun of LBJ handing the Pope a bust of himself .

Meacham said only 2 Catholics have been President. Biden is more religious than JFK.

Meacham is very impressed with Biden's devotion to Catholicism.

Joe's hair is higher than normal.

Joe talked about Jackie Kennedy telling voters not to worry about JFK imposing Catholic doctrine on the USA because he wasn't that religious.

Joe talked about Dr Z skiing with the Pope John Paul 2 before he became Pope.

Pope John Paul supported a free Poland.

Joe said that Reagan & Thatcher helped the Pope fight communism.

• Love 4

Joe said Stalin made fun of the Pope in 1936 for not having army divisions.

Joe said having a Polish Pope helped defeat communism.

Mika started sighing in awe of Joe Mika said Yeah to Willie talking about the Pope.

Katty Kay is dressed as a Professor from Hogwarts with a black blazer & sci fi red sweater with gold stripes.

Katty is wearing her " I have gravitas" glasses .

Keir Simmons is happy to be reporting from Rome. He was stuck broadcasting from a park in front of his home in London.

Keir said Biden had headaches & was tired after traveling all night.

• Love 4

Katty said European allies are mad at Biden over Afghanistan & Macron is mad at Biden over cancelling the sub deal.

Katty admitted that Biden's popularity has dropped to 40% & he was more popular in June.

Joe said that cable hosts & newspaper publishers are upset that the Democrats have not reached a deal.

Joe said Biden is spending 6 times as much as Obama on Climate Change.

Lemire said the Progressives are still fighting with Moderates.

Lemire admitted that Paid Family Leave is dead.

• Love 4

Joe is excited about Climate Change & Universal Pre K.

Joe repeated his talking point about Obama not doing as much on climate change.

Mika said Mcauliffe needs the bill to pass before the election.

He is trailing Youngkin in the polls by 8 points. He was leading by 5 points.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, oakville said:

He is trailing Youngkin in the polls by 8 points. He was leading by 5 points.

I don't know what poll they're referring to because other polls have consistently had it neck and neck, with McAuliffe having a narrow lead.   Of course, I don't believe in polls anyway, so there's that.

I just checked, that's a Fox news poll so I'm not surprised. 🙄

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 4

Meta.  Wasn't there a pro athlete who changed his name to Meta something?  I do not care about Reagan, Thatcher and the Pope.  And Stalin and the Pope in 1936.  And Dr. B skiing with the Pope before he became Pope.  That is a nugget that must come up often at Washington cocktail parties.

I wonder how Joe would feel about Universal Pre-K and Climate Change if he Was Still In Congress. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Meta.  Wasn't there a pro athlete who changed his name to Meta something? 

Metta World Peace.  Formerly Ron Artest, then changed his name again last year to Metta Sandiford-Artest.  🙄 

Oh well, at least it's not Ye.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Metta World Peace.  Formerly Ron Artest, then changed his name again last year to Metta Sandiford-Artest.  🙄 

This is about the best laugh I have had all week.😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika started sighing in awe of Joe Mika said Yeah to Willie talking about the Pope.

I guess it's easier for her to do that than actually tell the stories about her father and the Pope and Poland HERSELF. Honestly, why is she there? She has Joe and Willie tell her family's stories?

• Love 5
On 10/29/2021 at 5:27 PM, plumbago blues said:

I guess it's easier for her to do that than actually tell the stories about her father and the Pope and Poland HERSELF. Honestly, why is she there? She has Joe and Willie tell her family's stories?

I think Joe likes bragging about being part of the Brezezinski family.

I always laugh at the stories of Mika nearly crashing into Menachem Begin at Camp David with her golf cart or spilling hot soup on Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping.

Mika could have changed the course of Middle East relations if she had severely injured or killed Begin by her reckless driving.

Mika did admit that she did not have a drivers license when she took control of the golf cart.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Friday recap continued.

The guy from Punchbowl News said if the Democrats lose Virginia it could be foreshadowing the Democrats losing control of the Senate & the House next year.

Mika started moaning.

Willie said Democrat can't solve all of the world's problems with 1 bill.

Joe said the USA spent more money on Covid relief last year than on World War 2.

Meacham said it was the anniversary of the Reagan Carter debate. Carter was ahead but lost the debate & lost the election.

Mika said OMG. Joe was happy that Reagan won the election.

Meacham said the Republicans aren't involved in the conversation.

Meacham said that the Bush tax increases in 1990 were good for the country but it cost him the 1992 election.

Mika called Meacham long winded. He threatened to do a lecture on Thermopoli.

Willie said they play Meacham bingo with all of hi favorite phrases. This week it was Kemp Roth tax bill.

I found that segment amusing.

• Love 4

Joe said the trends are favoring Youngkin. Willie said Stacey Abram ,President Obama & Biden are campaigning for McCauliffe.

Joe said he was in Congress during the shockwave elections of 1994 & predicted that Obama would lose the House in 2010 after Gov Bob McDonnell won in Virginia in 2009.

Gov Bob became a friend of Morning Joe until he was convicted of taking bribes.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Wow.  Let's talk about Reagan and Carter. I am glued.  And guess what?  No one cares about Meeka's exploits as a teen when Her Father (thank you Miss McCain!) was a mover and shaker. 

Sorry, do not mean to sound so crabby; been volunteering at a food pantry and wishing someone on MJ would take a turn at this.  It would make a really good, possibly newsworthy story.  Oakville!  I have an old friend who lives in the same building of the former Gov. Bob; he is living pretty well.  Kudos.

• Love 2

While John Brenahan was speaking, Mika interrupted  a producer to ask about if Kate Beckenfield would be teased for the next segment. It's nice that Mika talks to the producer during the show to figure out what to do.

Mccarthey thinks he will be the next Speaker of the House.

Mika wished Kate Bettonfield a Happy 40th birthday ! Only 10 more years till she is eligible  for 50 over 50 list that Mika started.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Wow.  Let's talk about Reagan and Carter. I am glued.  And guess what?  No one cares about Meeka's exploits as a teen when Her Father (thank you Miss McCain!) was a mover and shaker. 

Sorry, do not mean to sound so crabby; been volunteering at a food pantry and wishing someone on MJ would take a turn at this.  It would make a really good, possibly newsworthy story.  Oakville!  I have an old friend who lives in the same building of the former Gov. Bob; he is living pretty well.  Kudos.

In the old days, Mika & Joe did go out of town together and do town halls to focus on issues like poverty, education etc.

Joe told viewers to write checks when various places had natural disasters.

Last year, Mika did bring leftovers of her Tofu casserole to the Jupiter Florida Food Bank.

Mika was mad at Joe for not liking her cooking.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Willie will be running in the NYC marathon. His dad has Parkinsons. Mika's mom also has Parkinsons. He will be raising money for Michal J Fox foundation.

Mika will make a donation to Willie's goal of raising $100k for the race.

• Love 4

Mika & Willie discussed the criminal charges against Governor Cuomo for forcibly touching an aides breasts last year.

Joe was silent during the segment.

Joe reappeared to start yelling about people opposing vaccine mandates.

Joe blamed Hollywood anti vaxxers. Now firefighters & police officers are against the vaccine mandates.

Joe blamed Governor DeSantis for not supporting vaccine mandates.

• Love 4

Joe bragged that he would love to run against Republican once the Democrats pass the Infrastructure & Social spending bills. 

Joe forgot that he used to be opposed to any spending bills when he was in Congress.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/29/2021 at 8:48 PM, Crashcourse said:

OH MY GOD Crashcourse, I'm laughing so hard I CAN'T BREATHE.... 

3 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika called Meacham long winded. He threatened to do a lecture on Thermopoli.

yeah but in fairness that would've been a hundred times more interesting than what he actually did. The battle of Thermopylae is literally the most awesome military battle in the history of humanity. the three hundred! that goddamned mountain pass! the first ever historical use of the phrase "come and get it...!" *insert greek deathstare*

Idk, I'm way behind, I just watched Friday's show this morning. 

There was no Thermopylae discussion, damnit, all we got was Hamlet's meanderings about Biden's pope visit and dipping madeleines into altar wine, or something. Tbh the only humans in search of lost time after that speech were the viewers.

While Hamlet was being boring, I was wondering wtf happened to the LBJ bust?? 

So I did a  quick search of the online catalogue of the Vatican Museums, and unsurprisingly it is not on display anywhere. Shocking, I know. The Floreria Apostolica run a giant-ass warehouse where they keep gifts for the Pope etc, but as far as I know they don't have a publicly searchable catalogue. They also sell/auction off a lot of stuff, and also re-gift shit to other churches and charities around the world. Since I sincerely doubt the LBJ bust would be in any way re-giftable, I assume it's still gathering dust on a shelf in there somewhere. 

But personally I kinda hope they just dumped it in the Tiber. 

(ymmv)

Biden's gifts were *chef's kiss*, both challenge coin & chasuble. On the flip side I'm literally mad on behalf of the Pope that his gifts to Biden were either given zero attention or were really badly and incorrectly described 🥴 wtf tee-vee people, do your homework

• Love 4

Donny Deutsch said it would be tough to do branding on a bumper sticker for the Democrats Human infrastructure bill.

He likes Universal Pre K & climate change spending but it's not good enough for a bumper sticker slogan.

Joe wants the slogan to be restarting America.

Joe said Obama couldn't get anything done for 6 years because of Republicans.

Joe's new buzzword is Universal Pre K.

Joe supports end of life care for Seniors.

• Love 2

Monday Mini recap.

Mika & Joe are in the Jupiter bunker.

Mika`s new cat was very popular in the neighborhood.

Mika handed out unsold copies of her book on weight loss & candy corn to the kids at the door.

Elise Jordans' daughter went in as a little lamb & was scared of all the people in costumes .

Elise took her daughter to see friends rather than go door to door where there were strangers.

Lemire's kids as Mario cart characters.

Al Sarpton was not amused at the Halloween stories.

His grandson was out trick or treating rather than watching Politics Nation !

Joe admitted than Youngkin could win in Virginia.

Biden will fly to Scotland for the climate conference.

Joe is mad at Eastman for trying to launch a coup.

Alec Baldwin spoke to the media about shooting people on the set of his movie.

2000 NYC firefighters are taking sick days rather than getting the vaccine.

Joe got sarcastic about people getting flu like symptoms from taking the vaccine.

Joe was outraged at firefighters not getting vaccinated. They have to be on the frontline serving people despite the higher chances of getting the virus.

Mika & Joe bragged that they have been able to stay in a home based studio since the pandemic started without having to interview guests in person & getting fully paid. 

Joe mocked Trump supporters for believing that the virus was a hoax despite killing 5 million people.

Joe said deaths are low in NYC compared to Florida.

Joe supports the vaccine mandates.

• Love 3

Lemire expects Adams to be the NY mayor. He hasn't said if the mandates will continue after he takes office in January.

Joe supported Reagan firing air traffic controllers.

Joe wants police officers fired for not taking the vaccine.

Joe said if you are ordered to go to work & you don't show up you should be fired.

If MSNBC had ordered Mika & Joe to go work at the NYC studio every day from March 2020, would they have quit ?

Elie said firefighters ran into the WTC in 2001 but are now afraid to get the vaccine.

Joe complained about hyper individualism.

Joe said there are fruit loops, assclown losers on Facebook.

Mika said the vote on Infrastructure will be delayed despite Joe assuring viewers that a deal was close last week.

• Love 3

Lemire said Progressives want assurances that Sinema & Mancin will support the Human Infrastructure deal.

Joe is mad at progressives for not passing the deal.

Joe said emissions have dropped since 2005.

• Love 3

Mika said that kids getting the vaccine will be a game changer.

Mika struggled to read the TelePrompter over the number of Covid deaths.

Elise's 8 year old niece got Covid.

Joe know family members that got Covid from their kids.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe supported Reagan firing air traffic controllers.

42 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe bragged that they have been able to stay in a home based studio since the pandemic started without having to interview guests in person & getting fully paid. 

The first quote does not surprise me; but it does enrage me. And I am sure he loved the renaming of National Airport to Reagan National.   The second?  Is it no wonder that their ratings/demos have fallen?  Sadly, not enough to put them behind CNN.  I live for the day that this happens; but CNN's ratings are terrible.

• Love 3

I skipped a few stories waiting for Joe's comment on Virginia race.

Mika was happy the Washington Post poll showed friend of the show, Terry McCauliffe ahead 49-48.

Mika said Joe is good at analyzing polls.

Mika crossed her arms for gravitas.

Joe said a key indicator is lawn signs. Youngkin has signs all over the state & his rallies are popular.

Joe admitted he was wrong about Romney in 2012.

Joe said his friends believe Youngkin will win.

Sharpton said turnout is important. Trump calling in tonight may build support for Terry because Trump will say something controversial tonight.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Joe said Mccauliffe knows how to get turnout for other Democrats in Virginia so he should win.

Lemire admitted Republicans are more enthusiastic about voting than Democrats.

Lemire said Democrats want to hear from new voices other than insiders like Mccauliffe.

Viewer of Morning Joe would like to hear from new voices as well.

Joe said Terry made a blunder when he said parent shouldn't be involved in education.

Joe blamed Democrats for supporting defunding the police.

Elise agreed with Joe.

Elie said parents are upset about schools being closed .

Youngkin was an executive at the Carlyle group so he isn't Trumpian.

So, Joe took all sides of the issue on whether McCaulliffe would win tomorrow so that he can say he was right no matter what the result is.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Kemper said:

The first quote does not surprise me; but it does enrage me. And I am sure he loved the renaming of National Airport to Reagan National.   The second?  Is it no wonder that their ratings/demos have fallen?  Sadly, not enough to put them behind CNN.  I live for the day that this happens; but CNN's ratings are terrible.

Joe said he has been a strong supporter of Reagan since he was a teenager.

Joe said he would put brill cream in his hair when he was in college to imitate President Reagan.

Do the ratings of Morning Joe justify the $15M paid to Mika & Joe ?

I don't understand why the network would be willing to let Kasie Hunt walk away over a $500K salary difference yet keep Mika & Joe who's punditry is past the best before date.

• Love 4

I turned on MJ when i woke up, and thought my god it's kinda morose and depressing for a monday...

buuut then I realized I had fallen asleep with halloween make-up STILL ON MY FACE, so I lack the moral standing to complain today, tbh 🥴

Elise Jordan said her kid's name is Mary, and she went as a little lamb!! omg I died from the cuteness.

I wonder if MJ are doing anything special for the Virginia governor's race? Rachel, Joy & Nicolle are doing special coverage tomorrow i think, idk I'm ridiculously excited about this, it's literally my favorite thing when the three of them are all together

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, neona2 said:

I wonder if MJ are doing anything special for the Virginia governor's race? Rachel, Joy & Nicolle are doing special coverage tomorrow i think, idk I'm ridiculously excited about this, it's literally my favorite thing when the three of them are all together

In the old days, Mika & Joe would be in a pub on election day in Virginia interviewing local reporters & representatives from both campaigns.

Today, the show has Joe repeating his "lawn sign anecdotes" as a sign of strength for various candidates.

I recall Joe saying AFTER the election in 2016 that he knew that Trump would win because he saw Trump lawn signs in upstate NY after visiting a Target store.

Joe didn't dare make that comment before the election.

• Love 2

I am sorry….is anyone else having a difficult time dealing with all of this? The entitlement and smugness of all the MJ regulars and the hosts has just gotten to me lately.  Joe…trying to get your hair to look like Reagan’s as a young pup. Try adding some orange to your hair and you will have finally achieved the goal. Joe doesn’t realize what a know-it-all he was Back When He Was In Congress. And sadly, still is. Self-awareness is not his strong suit.

It is even getting hard for me to come here and try to have some wit (as teens, my kids would say “Mom, it is not always about you” when I accused them of making me crazy). It is always about us and we is 🤓 getting way exhausted listening to the good-old-boys sitting back and pontificating. I include women in the Good Old Boys coterie.  I do not care about Elise.  At all. Minority opinion, I know.  It is getting so I just can’t bring myself to turn the show on in the mornings; maybe after the Virginia election is over I will feel more like myself. Because it is always about……..

• Love 4

I just came back from the dentist and I am definitely in not in the mood to hear Monsieur Pompadour and his minions sitting there acting all important and pontificating. 

And shut up about Virginia, just wait until voting is over tomorrow then open your yaps.

And Elise sounds like a petulant six year old. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I just came back from the dentist and I am definitely in not in the mood to hear Monsieur Pompadour and his minions sitting there acting all important and pontificating. 

And shut up about Virginia, just wait until voting is over tomorrow then open your yaps.

This description!  Provided the best laugh I have had today - Monsieur Pompadour.  Now I won't be able to get that description out of my head every time I look at him.  Forever.  Now please think of one for Meeka. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, oakville said:

Viewer of Morning Joe would like to hear from new voices as well.

This is so true. I took one look at the gang of 7? or8? in their boxes and thought why bother? We know what they're going to say, when Joe lets them, that is. I see no reason for them to do any on-scene pre-election coverage since it's all conjecture...the stuff that's been talked about for the last month. Those shows were amusing, though, back in the day, watching the duo basking in the afterglow of their (alleged) "adult activities". These show were just a road show of the same boring characters.

41 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Perfect description. She comes across as unlikablely smug. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

It is even getting hard for me to come here and try to have some wit (as teens, my kids would say “Mom, it is not always about you” when I accused them of making me crazy). It is always about us and we is 🤓 getting way exhausted listening to the good-old-boys sitting back and pontificating. I include women in the Good Old Boys coterie.  I do not care about Elise.  At all. Minority opinion, I know.  It is getting so I just can’t bring myself to turn the show on in the mornings; maybe after the Virginia election is over I will feel more like myself. Because it is always about……..

ah but kemper I actually think that's totally okay?

Because we've gotta be careful on here not to break the politics rule etc, so actually relating things to ourselves and our own opinions and experience is the safest way, and also gives space for other people to express themselves. Tbh I actually had this super argumentative period when I was having a nervous breakdown 🥴 during the scary af election season and you (or possibly someone else?) had to literally tell me to stop being a brat and give others space to just vent, and it was literally the best advice ever!!! So I think if you feel sad it's totally okay to just say whatever is on your mind.

it's also one of the things I think that maybe on MJ they take the snark and the trolling a lil bit to literally and seriously sometimes. But in reality it's all a part of putting something creative out there in public space. the ensuing madness and discussion is supposed to be insane but also invigorating...

Oh and also, my mom literally lives in a different country, but if I said something like that to her about making things about herself, she would definitely find a way to break geographical barriers and covertly assassinate me, put arsenic in my coffee or polonium in my sushi or something.... good god, did you mention to the Kemp-lets that you literally gave birth to them?? lmao

ETA: I still love Elise tho! why are you all hating on her, she's awesome 😂

Edited by neona2
  • Love 1

PlumbagoB ... Denise "unlikably smug" = perfect.  Sounds better than "perennial scold" which is how I have always thought of her.  And Susan what's-her-name.  I can't even watch Heilemann lately.

Neona -  I used the tools I had - laughing at them and/or sending them to their rooms without access to phones, tv or stereo.  Sometimes the punishment was spending the evening with The Parents, watching the news and PBS.  (Mr. Kemper's idea!)  My mottos: nobody got pregnant and nobody overdosed, no one totaled a car, no one was suspended, the police never had to come. (Well, once when Girl Teen threw a party when Mr. Kemper and I went to a hockey game)  I did do my share of yelling; they scattered.

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, neona2 said:

ah but kemper I actually think that's totally okay?

Because we've gotta be careful on here not to break the politics rule etc, so actually relating things to ourselves and our own opinions and experience is the safest way, and also gives space for other people to express themselves. Tbh I actually had this super argumentative period when I was having a nervous breakdown 🥴 during the scary af election season and you (or possibly someone else?) had to literally tell me to stop being a brat and give others space to just vent, and it was literally the best advice ever!!! So I think if you feel sad it's totally okay to just say whatever is on your mind.

it's also one of the things I think that maybe on MJ they take the snark and the trolling a lil bit to literally and seriously sometimes. But in reality it's all a part of putting something creative out there in public space. the ensuing madness and discussion is supposed to be insane but also invigorating...

Oh and also, my mom literally lives in a different country, but if I said something like that to her about making things about herself, she would definitely find a way to break geographical barriers and covertly assassinate me, put arsenic in my coffee or polonium in my sushi or something.... good god, did you mention to the Kemp-lets that you literally gave birth to them?? lmao

ETA: I still love Elise tho! why are you all hating on her, she's awesome 😂

I am happy that Elise decided to be seen in better lighting. During her pregnancy, she was broadcasting from a dark home & I could hardly see her. I know it was dark outside due to the show being on at 6 am, but it was not professional.

Lately, she is appearing from  a small room with a bookshelf which is an improvement but she should have Mika & Joe`s books prominently displayed in order to get brownie points with the two best selling author hosts of the show.

Today she was in a studio which was great.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

PlumbagoB ... Denise "unlikably smug" = perfect.  Sounds better than "perennial scold" which is how I have always thought of her.  And Susan what's-her-name.  I can't even watch Heilemann lately.

I am amused that Elise never discusses her job working on Rand Paul's 2016 Presidential campaign .

Susan Del Percio hasn't worked on a statewide campaign for a Republican since John Faso was a candidate for Governor in 2006.

Did the show today discuss Adam Kinzinger's decision to not run for Congress in 2022 ?

He is Joe's favorite GOP congressman, so I would have thought that he would consult Joe before making that announcement.

• Love 4

Tueday Recap.

Mika is wearing a black cardigan with a black & white flowery top.

Mika said it was a highly anticipated election day across the nation.

Mika & Joe are staying in Jupiter Florida to cover the important city council race & school board elections. 

There will be a referendum on whether Joe's book on Harry Truman will be added the high school curriculum .

Joe was out knocking on doors last night in their neighborhood to get the book approved .

Joe wore a suit & a pink tie to show it was an important election day.

Joe reminded viewers about Tom Brokaw who reminded viewers that they have to count the votes before a winner is declared.

Joe talked about Hillary Clinton's upset win in the NH primary  in 2008.

Joe said it was bad news for Democrats because they won Virginia by 10 points in 2020.

MccCauliffe said Youngkin was Trump 2.0

Steve Kornacki was wearing his classic white shirt & khaki pants with a red tie.

Kornacki admitted that Youngkin was slightly ahead in the polls.

McCauliffe wants to run against Trump.

Loudon went for Biden by 25 points, but Obama only beat Romney 4.5 points.

Trump did well in rural Virginia but Joe said Biden was more popular in the DC suburbs.

• Love 1

Joe said people are comfortable voting for Youngkin because he isn't Trump.

Willie said parents are frustrated with how schools are run in Virginia during the pandemic.

Youngkin supports parents having a say in education according to Willie.

• Love 1

Joe made fun of people being opposed to CRT but not understanding what it means.

Joe said Pelosi was opposed to defunding the police but voters got suckered by believing Republicans.

Lemire said Republicans are talented at branding.  CRT is not taught in Virginia. That's Donny's specialty.

• Love 1

Joe bragged about his 4 wins as a Congressional candidate. Joe pounded people that lied about him.

Joe attacked his opponents.

Joe said Terry should fight back against CRT being taught.

Mika called it a firehouse of lives.

Jaime Harrison from the DNC said Terry won in 2013, so he can win again.

I remember when Chris Matthews had no clue who Jaime was when he ran for Senate against Lindsay Graham.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/yikes-try-to-watch-this-clip-of-chris-matthews-confusing-tim-scott-and-jaime-harrison-without-cringing/

Jaime was upset that Youngkin is against the book Beloved.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 1

Joe said Gavin Newsom won the recall despite polls being close. Joe said many trees were killed reporting bad news about Newsom.

Joe said Trump is desperate to remain relevant. Joe said Trump's tweets were obnoxious.

• Love 1