Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

So Dr. BrzBorough is again weighing in pharmaceuticals, totally out of her league? She admitted that she spent years on Ativan and/or Ambien while working and told stories of her aberrant behavior. Frankly, dexamethasone does reduce inflammation magically. Just taking it for oral surgery made my 60+ year old joints feel like they were in their 20's again.

Thanks for sharing this.  It is interesting to hear a real-life experience with the drug.   

22 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe used to say that Morning Joe was on TV in the Capitol Gyms. The show was watched by everyone in the Washington elite.

I don't know if that is still true.

This cracks me up, Oakville.  I used to walk past a big gym in downtown DC every morning and would see many people running the treadmill while staring at the TV.  Probably watching to see if they made the news that day!

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 2
On 10/10/2016 at 12:08 PM, oakville said:

Monday Recap. I didn't watch the show live today due to the Thanksgiving Holiday in Canada. It was epic Morning Joe!

Joe was wearing his navy blue sweater with a poorly tucked in shirt collar. Mika was wearing a black zip up sweater with a lumberjack red shirt. The couple may have been headed to an Apple picking event after the show. Mika & Joe defended Trump's performance last night. The opening clip showed Trump making lewd comments about groping women on  the Access Hollywood Bus, then various GOP's members of the Senate & Congress demanding that Trump step aside.. They showed the Trump apology video, Paul Ryan, Bill Clinton's alleged victims at the debate. Juanita Broderick. Debate clips of the Locker Room Talk. Trump  accusing Hillary of deleting the emails while under subpoena.

Joe said he was trying to go to sleep last night but his phone kept blowing up. Joe reminded the audience that he tweeted about being careful that Trump had nothing lose!. Joe said it was Trump's best performance in a debate. Joe mocked everyone that jumped off the Trump train. Joe said the political reality is that the GOP base wanted that attack against the Clinton Machine since the 1990's.

Joe & Willie said Trump stopped the bleeding.

Halperin said that Trump energized the GOP base. He said that Pence will stay on the ticket. The campaign is excited but the Electoral College remains tough for Trump.

Willie said it was a fantasy for opponents of Hillary,

Mika said the media overreached Mika said the never Trump group overeacted.

Joe went on to impersonate GOP weasels who tried to get him off the ticket. Joe impersonated Pence. It was hilarious.

Mika told the media & Clinton campaign to get off his high horse. Mika told Cackles to stop to getting shocked by Trump's comments on Howard Stern. Mika called Cackles pathetic & told her to Google Trump. She called everyone out for being spineless Mika said Trump "went there" She said Trump penetrated! the issue of Bill's infidelity.

Professor Eddie said it was the bottom of politics.Joe said the GOP found Bill's infidelities in the 90's were the bottom.

The panel said Gary Hart's campaign imploded over the Donna Rice scandal. Joe said the Clinton's got a pass for their behavior.

Joe was opposed to the muslim ban, & did not endorse Trump. Mika & Joe said it was wrong for Joespeople to flip against Trump after the Access Hollywood tape.

That was funny, because Mika & Joe have been flipping back & forth on Trump since June 2015.

Joe called Donnie a blind squirrel for predicting the Trump scandal on Friday. Donnie said Trump lost the debate. Donnie said he was an expert on women's focus group. Women will revolt against Trump.

Recap Part 1 from Oct 10 2016. Mika & Joe were much friendlier to Trump back then.

On 10/10/2016 at 12:17 PM, oakville said:

Donnie & Joe got into a shouting match. Donnie said Hillary is running for office not Bill. Joe trashed the Liberals who supported Bill & Monica. Joe said Liberals bragged about Paula Jones being trailer trash. Joe said Liberals were hypocrites for defending Clinton assaulting women but now complaining about Trump talking about assaulting women.

Donnie said he spent the 1990's on drugs. Donnie said JFK & Clinton were philanderes. Mika mocked JFK's camelot. Women love Bill Clinton

Earlier in the show Mika said the same thing to Tom Brokaw. Brokaw was upset that they were bringing up past Presidents sexual misconduct.

Joe bragged that the GOP should have stopped supporting Trump after the muslim ban.

I don't think there has ever been so much sex talk on this show.

Recap Part 2

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/10/2016 at 12:31 PM, oakville said:

During the last segment, Mika held a small African American child & covered her ears while discussing the endorsements for Hillary. There were two other kids on the set.

Hallie Jackson showed up at 855 am? Hallie said that Kelly Anne Conway was happy with Trump's performance last night.

Trump was planning to put Bill's accusers in the family box & force Clinton to shake hands with them!. Wow!.

Willie said that some people predicted that Trump would bring the women to the debates or convention. It was still shocking!

I am exhausted from recapping Today's show. I will make a leftover Turkey Sandwich.

I was happy that Joe didn't brag about his beloved Red Sox who are on the verge of getting swept from the ALDS while my beloved, Blue Jays swept the hapless Rangers:))

Recap Part 3

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Thanks for these timely reminiscent posts!

It's important to take what Mika & Joe say now about President Trump with a grain of salt . They didn't seem to be worried about candidate Trump using the Justice Department to go after Hillary Clinton in 2016.

• Love 1

Monday Recap. Mika is wearing a blue turtleneck. Joe is wearing a brown blazer with a shirt. It's a special day for viewers.

Mika thinks that Trump had the virus during the debate. Joe said that Trump lost 5% in the polls because of his poor showing in the debate.

Joe is mad that the White House won't reveal more information about his health.

When did Trump test negative?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika thinks that Trump had the virus during the debate. Joe said that Trump lost 5% in the polls because of his poor showing in the debate.

Can Mika speak without sounding like someone has a gun to Meatball's head?  Take it down a notch. 

At 8:59 am it sounded like she said some of Barrett's kids tested positive.  My sister texted me about it, I told her God knows what she was talking about, she can't get one sentence out with tripping all over herself. 

I'm sure if Barrett's kids were positive, we would never know about it. 

• LOL 1

Joe talked about Trump being on steroids.

Katty is broadcasting from a new room in her home. Katty's mascara is darker than normal.

Mika thinks that Trump had had Coronavirus for a long time.

More polls! Trump is doomed. He is trailing in Michigan & Nevada & tied in Iowa.

Joe said he knew that Biden was not ahead by 12 in Michigan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Joe is calling out state polling numbers like an auctioneer. I think he is just making up numbers as he goes along.

Joe said Biden or Trump will win Florida by 1 or 2 %.

Joe said people in Arizona love John McCain & are mad at Trump.

Mika said it sick that they are setting up field hospitals for Covid.

Joe is mad at Rittenhouse for killing people in Kenosha.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika thinks that Trump had had Coronavirus for a long time.

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika said it sick that they are setting up field hospitals for Covid.

OMG. Shut the fuck up, Mika. Does anyone care what she thinks? Someone change the page for her. 

Did she spout off about Amy Coney Barrett? I would think that she would be supportive, what with her women's thing, but I imagine Amy is too far out of her league and too conservative to be of any value to her. 

Joe was upset at Democratic Senate candidate Cal Cunningham in NC for being caught in a scandal . Joe said it will be difficult for him to win. Joe has been adamant that Thom Tillis is a weak candidate & deserves to lose.

Joe was weary of discussing the nature of the scandal for obvious reasons.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Mika asked Joe about his first run for Congress!. Mika said that Joe won because he told the truth!. Joe said the polls showed it was a 50/50 race but Joe won 62-38.

Joe said people came up to him & told him he was too Conservative but they voted for Joe anyway because he was honest.

Joe said he voted to cut Medicare but seniors still  liked Joe. Joe was the most popular Congressman on Medicare. The RNC called Joe to ask him why he was so popular.

Joe loves talking about his campaigns for Congress.

Mika likes Senate candidate Jaime Harrison. He is raising millions.

Mika mocked Lindsey Graham for not taking a Covid test.

• LOL 1

Mika said that she invited Lindsey to appear on Morning Joe but he hasn't responded to her request.

Jaime wants to improve internet broadband access in rural South Carolina.

Jaime blasted Lindsey for not having town halls in South Carolina & appearing too many on Sean Hannity's Fox News show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Mika showed a clip of Mel Brook's film, History of the World Part 1. I am shocked that she would have seen that movie.

Mika mispronounced the word French Revolution. She called it the "Frence Revolution"

Mika used to spend her summers in the South of France.

How could she not pronounce French correctly ?

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

OMG. Shut the fuck up, Mika. Does anyone care what she thinks? Someone change the page for her. 

Did she spout off about Amy Coney Barrett? I would think that she would be supportive, what with her women's thing, but I imagine Amy is too far out of her league and too conservative to be of any value to her. 

The show brought on Senator Chuck Shumer at 8 40 am to discuss Amy Cony Barrett. Chuck was worried about Amy voting against Obamacare on November 10.

Mika asked Kasie to ask Chuck about adding Supreme Court justices.

Joe said he would be eligible to be a Supreme Court Justice given his law degree & knowledge of Supreme Court rulings.

I doubt Mika would invite Justice Amy to her seminars.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said he would be eligible to be a Supreme Court Justice given his law degree & knowledge of Supreme Court rulings.

Everyone is eligible to be on the Supreme Court.  There are zero rules about it.  You don't need a law degree or to have passed a Bar exam or to ever have been a lawyer or judge.  Mika could be on the Supreme Court, as well as any of us, or anybody, anybody at all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, izabella said:

Everyone is eligible to be on the Supreme Court.  There are zero rules about it.  You don't need a law degree or to have passed a Bar exam or to ever have been a lawyer or judge.  Mika could be on the Supreme Court, as well as any of us, or anybody, anybody at all.

Yes, you are right. However, Joe has mentioned in the past that he would be easily confirmed by the Senate due to bipartisan support. Joe's love of the law began when he watched the tv show Matlock when he was in college. Joe frequently plays the role of the "dumb country lawyer" on Morning Joe which audiences love. 

• LOL 5

Joe is not publicity savvy at all.  Instead of putting out a possibly droning book on Harry Truman, he should have written his life story.  Title:  "Back When I Was In Congress" .... great title, written by a Country Lawyer.  

5 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika showed a clip of Mel Brook's film, History of the World Part 1. I am shocked that she would have seen that movie.

Mika mispronounced the word French Revolution. She called it the "Frence Revolution"

Mika used to spend her summers in the South of France.

How could she not pronounce French correctly ?

I would bet money that she has not seen that film.  Either Joe has talked about it/possibly made her watch it with him.  Or a minion watched it and told her what it was about.

• Love 4

I love Shawna. Also is that an EMMY ON HER BOOKSHELF? So damn impressive

I still cringe so much when Dr Vin Gupta who works his ass off comes on and the first thing he always takes time to say is "good morning", but its never reciprocated. Is it just me? As Joe would say, maybe it's just the way I was raised...

They didn't even say good morning to Mika's brother. They would always greet Dr Brzezinski sweetly. I really like the brother though. He's like a Dr B clone - the same crispness and precision and no-nonsense intelligence. 

• Love 5

Mourning Joe is back. Joe is mad at Ron De Santis for allowing a Trump rally in Florida & greeting supporters with High 5's & rubbing his nose.

Joe is back to wearing a navy blue sweater. Joe is mad at Senator Lee & Lyndsey Graham for appearing in public at the nomination hearing. Lee had Covid & should be in isolation until further notice.

Joe compared the rally in Florida to black & white video from troubling authoritarian regimes. What planet did they come from ?

Joe said the rally attendees have grandparents with underlying conditions.

Mika is worried about their friend. Mika is wearing a grey cardigan.

Willie hoped that Trump would earn humility after getting the virus but he still wants to walk into crowds & kiss everyone in the crowd.

Trump said you can't be President & lock yourself in a basement .

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe was upset at Democratic Senate candidate Cal Cunningham in NC for being caught in a scandal . Joe said it will be difficult for him to win. Joe has been adamant that Thom Tillis is a weak candidate & deserves to lose.

Joe was weary of discussing the nature of the scandal for obvious reasons.

As opposed to Joe's Appalachian Trail pal Mark Sanford? 

Was this mentioned?  I imagine Joe isn't too happy about Willie getting an Edward R Murrow award.   They don't give awards for screeching and interrupting people, Joe. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Jim Vandehei said that Trump is losing support among seniors. They are worried about the virus. They won't attend Trump rallies.

Vandehei is the expert on Wisconsin politics.

Joe repeated his long rant about Trump saying the virus would go away in the spring.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

As opposed to Joe's Appalachian Trail pal Mark Sanford? 

Was this mentioned?  I imagine Joe isn't too happy about Willie getting an Edward R Murrow award.   They don't give awards for screeching and interrupting people, Joe. 

Wow that's amazing. Weird they didn't mention it. It's depressing, does no one on this show actually like each other anymore? Willie deserves some kudos tbh

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, neona said:

does no one on this show actually like each other anymore? Willie deserves some kudos tbh

Mika retweeted Barnicle's congrats. Nothing from her personally. Nothing from Joe. 

Maybe she'll bake him a cake. 

image.png.8568c071e76b58d56f855975bd86fb43.png

• LOL 6

Oh no I honestly don't think they think of Willie as a traitor or begrudge him this in any way...

I don't think there's really any ill will, maybe it's just the isolation of the faraway boxes that makes them forget about other people/social interaction...Joe sometimes even forgets about his actual wife existing when he's in that box thingy... buuuut like this is a big deal and Willie deserves some acknowledgement. Willie doesn't have "epic viral moments", but everything he does is steady, professional, consistent, flawless so when all of that accumulates into a major accomplishment, it should be acknowledged IMO. It's a milestone.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, neona said:

Oh no I honestly don't think they think of Willie as a traitor or begrudge him this in any way...

It's just a joke.   Take most of the stuff we say here with a grain of salt, it's snark and jokes. Yes some of it is definite opinions/comments on their terrible behavior but a lot of times we're just blowing off steam. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

It's just a joke.   Take most of the stuff we say here with a grain of salt, it's snark and jokes. Yes some of it is definite opinions/comments on their terrible behavior but a lot of times we're just blowing off steam. 

That's totally fair, my friend. I guess I just think it must be hard to be in the public eye and sometimes have good-faith stuff misinterpreted, so I guess I'm always trying to put it from different perspectives, just in case?  The Internetz makes me tired, I never know what's what, and tone is really hard... 🙂 But the snark is hilarious, and I appreciate it so much. 

Anyhoo...now mainly wondering WHERE THAT CAKE WAS MADE. AND IF I CAN SEND ONE TO MY EX. HEH.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, neona said:

I don't think there's really any ill will, maybe it's just the isolation of the faraway boxes that makes them forget about other people/social interaction...Joe sometimes even forgets about his actual wife existing when he's in that box thingy... buuuut like this is a big deal and Willie deserves some acknowledgement. Willie doesn't have "epic viral moments", but everything he does is steady, professional, consistent, flawless so when all of that accumulates into a major accomplishment, it should be acknowledged IMO. It's a milestone.

Mika & Joe could be jealous of Willie's success as the Sunday Today host. I usually watch it. It's a good mix of politics, celebrity interviews, lifestyle stories.

Mika & Joe did show interest in hosting  3 Sunday shows, Meet the Press, and the NBC & CBS Sunday morning shows but were unsuccessful.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe did show interest in hosting  3 Sunday shows, Meet the Press

If I auditioned for a job, and it went to Chuck Fucking Todd, I wouldn't have felt particularly slighted tbh. He's so fucking dull. I wanted to listen to the beginning of the confirmation hearings commuiting to work, and instead of our goddess Steph Ruhle they stuck us that dull-ass, I can't even. Why?? He's dry as toast

Edited by neona
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, neona said:

If I auditioned for a job, and it went to Chuck Fucking Todd, I wouldn't have felt particularly slighted tbh. He's so fucking dull. I wanted to listen to the beginning of the confirmation hearings commuiting to work, and instead of our goddess Steph Ruhle they stuck us that dull-ass, I can't even. Why?? He's dry as toast

That's the nicest thing anyone can say about him.  I would rather BriWi & Nicole be hosting these. Joshua Johnson is hosting the hearings on Peacock. I may start watching from that platform online at work.  

• Love 4
On 10/12/2020 at 9:44 AM, teddysmom said:

I can't believe Kasie tried to push Schumer on the Biden packing the court bs.  First rule of Fight Club (politics) "don't answer conditional questions". 

Kasie is a Chuck Todd "both-sideser" wannabe.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, neona said:

Chuck was hired by the late Tim Russert in 2008 just a few months before he passed away.

He was a stats geek & loved talking about polls & the "horse race" aspects of politics.

He replaced David Gregory on MTP. Joe Scarborough was offered the consolation spot at a member of the MTP Round Table. Unfortunately, Joe only lasted a few episodes before he was removed from the panel. Joe frequently interrupted Chuck & the other guests during his segments, so he was removed from the show. The optics were horrible on the show since Chuck begged Joe to stop yelling at other guests & pounding the historic MTP panelist table, but Joe was undeterred.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, neona said:

Get a free Peacock tv account and watch Joshua Johnson host the hearings. He has Pete Williams on now. It's so much better than Chuck "make my skin crawl" Todd.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, oakville said:

If you pre- order , you can get a coupon with 10% off an LL Bean Navy Blue sweater.

That sweater's not from LL Bean. It's from an ancient chest, in the attic, that smells like mothballs and camphor oil. 

1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Kasie is a Chuck Todd "both-sideser" wannabe.

I don't agree at all. Chuck Todd is a "both-sideser" because he treats it all as a game, and is detached and disinterested, and dull-as-fuck. 

Kasie is smart, interesting and compassionate and seems "neutral" only because she's keeping it together and trying to do her job as fairly as possible.

There's a world of difference, IMO. But YMMV of course.

• Love 3

I do not know how Chuck Todd holds onto his job.  It would be much easier of there would be a poll of who actually does like him.  And Kasie.  I am over the KD/DC that Meeka pushes.  I wish she would go back to reporting on The Hill - I thought she was good with asking questions on the fly.  Right now, she seems a bit "thirsty" to me.  

We should start a contest to see who can come up with the best "free gift with purchase" for buying Joe's book.  

Edited by Kemper
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I agree!  This is a safe place for snark and laughing in these times.  I will never disagree with a poster's opinions; it takes away the looseness and off-the-cuff remarks that are so funny.  Sometimes I cringe when I go back and read what I have posted; but it was in the moment.  We are a pretty agreeable bunch.  All ages, shapes, sizes and places.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I will never disagree with a poster's opinions;

Joe and Mika are  consummate professionals who work tirelessly to elevate the political discourse of the country.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

OMG I just got home and wanted to put on my DVR Nicolle while making dinner and IT'S STILL CHUCK TODD, OMG. WHYYYYYYYYY, just go away, seriously. What is this

ETA: IS THIS GONNA LAST ALL WEEK? It's like coming home for your 5 o'clock cocktail and someone giving you fucking watered-down lemonade. Come back Nicolle!!!!

Edited by neona
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I agree!  This is a safe place for snark and laughing in these times.  I will never disagree with a poster's opinions

That's fair but I honestly don't understand what I did wrong tbh...I DO disagree sometimes, but usually politely? And not in a way that would take away from anything anyone else said?

Edited by neona
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, neona said:

That's fair but I honestly don't understand what I did wrong tbh...I DO disagree sometimes, but usually politely? And not in a way that would take away from anything anyone else said?

I am sorry, I never meant disagreeing with a post was wrong; we all have different opinions.  There is never a wrong opinion.  I am tired, as are we all.  I am working the polls for the next few weeks so that should be enough excitement to keep me occupied.  I will take a break from posting - but will come here to read the brilliant musings of everyone.  You are a talented bunch.  Wait.  WE are a talented bunch and I never fail to get a good belly laugh over someone's thoughts.  

I'll get this out of the way first - name for Joe's book.  "My musings While Being trapped in a Florida Retirement Community" by Joe "Foghorn Leghorn" Scarborough.  Foreward written by Meeka "Ice Cream Scoop" Brzenski.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I am working the polls for the next few weeks so that should be enough excitement to keep me occupied. 

Thank you for your service Kemper!! 

Re: Book titles..."Congressional Charisma: How I SAVED America in Six Years and Somehow Got Away With It"..."Balancing the Budget and Other Feats of Beneficent Bravery: A Personal Recollection" ...."Hey, Donald: One Person Coming in from China, Women Standing in the Rain,  and Other Speeches from the Repetitive Era"...."Sweater of Doom: Five Tips to Discourage Clients and Depress Customers During a Pandemic"..."

Edited by neona
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Gee whiz good god! Mush mouth Mika couldn’t read her own name with out stumbling! Does she ever watch a tape of the show and hear herself reading? It’s embarrassing! To her, to the network, to her co-workers, to every person ever who trained and practiced and worked to be good at their job. It’s not tolerable to the viewer. 

• Love 3

Joe has the morning off today. Mika is wearing a new dark grey turtleneck.

Mika is upset at ACB for not answering questions at her confirmation hearing. She wants her to confirm that Trump cannot unilaterally delay the election.

Lemire & Del Percio think that ACB will be confirmed.

I am surprised that Joe has had so little to say this past week over ACB. Joe considers himself to be a legal & constitutional scholar.

Mika was caught off guard by Willie's announcement that Trump will hold a town hall on NBC News tomorrow night with Savannah Guthrie.

Trump has had an independent Covid Test & he is negative & not transmising the virus. Mika reluctantly agreed that was good news.

Everyone is upset that Trump tweeted about Biden being a resident of a nursing home.

Mika hates the Trump rallies where no one is wearing a mask.

• Love 2

8:30 AM  Mika just pronounced "irreparable' as "ir-repairable."  WHY DOES SHE NOT GET COACHING???  Why does the network allow her to mispronounce multiple times daily for the enormous salary she gets?  This really pisses me off--she's not a high school intern at the PBS radio station!!

Edited by WhineandCheez
just saw novhappy's post, pointing out the same damn annoying thing!
  • Love 8