Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Cokie Roberts! is on the panel. Where is Peggy Noonan? It's the best of the 1980's punditry!. 

Hey!! I'm glad to see these older broads, and like Andrea Mitchell and Barbara Walters, all sporting good looking facial work.  You should work as long as you're able to--glad the non-Fox networks have relaxed the age bias. (actually I have no idea about Fox's age policy, but I assume since they insist on their female anchors having bleached hair,  sleeveless dresses and make them perch on the edge of the sofa with bronzed crossed legs, that perhaps they aren't too great about hiring/retaining older females)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh God Oakville this clip!!!  How fabulous is it, classic Olbermann thrown in with a little Mean Girl Matthews totally dumping on Joe's Gerald Rivera style reportage . . . HEE!

I need to get something off my chest about Geraldo.   I'll be at the Small Talk thread.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

Sam Donaldson

Mika agreeing with Joe about Trump being a great leader, and Rubio going the extra mile was disorienting.  I was looking at the TV with my head cocked to the side like a dog.  I was trying to understand if there was some subtext I was missing.  There was.  The subtext is she's stupid.

5. I hear you

• Love 5
3 hours ago, stormy said:

Forty minutes in and the best moment of the morning comes from Shannon Pettypiece.

She says trump didn't get the press coverage for visiting the kids in the hospital that they expected.

Let's have a listening session.  Invite kids, parents, lights, cameras! And give idiot in chief notes so he doesn't forget why he's there.

Betsy DeVos was sitting there with a deer in the headlights look and weird sick grin while kids and parents are crying.

Not one of these morons can even fake shed a tear.

My first thought when she said that was, "Wait a minute...dying and hurting people are visited in the hospital just so some egomaniac can get good press coverage???"  I guess it goes a long way toward explaining why some anonymous White Outhouse aide incredibly admitted that wanton murder of 17 people was a respite from all the White Outhouse scandals.  Simply incredible.

I can't even with that "listening session."  It amounted to a couple of sociopaths (Drumpf and DeVos) attempting to fake empathy and failing miserably.  

Don't get me started on Joe and his little fiancee praising Drumpf and that spineless, gutless empty suit, Marco Rubio.  Actually praising them for showing up and ostensibly doing something extraordinary.  It's like lavishing heaping praise on parents for raising their children and providing for their needs.  Never mind that it's something they're SUPPOSED to do.  Except in Drumpf and Rubio's case, they are both liars and neither of those grifters have ever met a billionaire with an open wallet that they didn't embrace.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Sam Donaldson

Mika agreeing with Joe about Trump being a great leader, and Rubio going the extra mile was disorienting.  I was looking at the TV with my head cocked to the side like a dog.  I was trying to understand if there was some subtext I was missing.  There was.  The subtext is she's stupid.

Yes! Sam Donaldson. His toupe was legendary. He also became known for shouting questions at Ronald Reagan when he was near helicopters 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Hey!! I'm glad to see these older broads, and like Andrea Mitchell and Barbara Walters, all sporting good looking facial work.  You should work as long as you're able to--glad the non-Fox networks have relaxed the age bias. (actually I have no idea about Fox's age policy, but I assume since they insist on their female anchors having bleached hair,  sleeveless dresses and make them perch on the edge of the sofa with bronzed crossed legs, that perhaps they aren't too great about hiring/retaining older females)

I don’t have anything against Cokie’s age. However, people like her & Peggy keep talking about politicians from 30 years ago. Chris Matthews is even worse with his fixation on Bobby Kennedy.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, oakville said:

I don’t have anything against Cokie’s age. However, people like her & Peggy keep talking about politicians from 30 years ago. Chris Matthews is even worse with his fixation on Bobby Kennedy.

Matthews had a huge crush on President Obama, remember his tingly leg comment?  

He's talking about Bobby because he wrote a book about him and he's trying to sell more books.

Peggy Noonan is still in love with the ghost of Ronald Reagan, I don't know what Cokie's deal is, other than they're comparing people they think had more charisma than current day politicians who, other than the Obamas, aren't exactly setting the place on fire with their personalities. 

Back when Joe was in Congress, women loved him, men wanted to be him. In his mind. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, izabella said:

But would they stand in the pouring rain

Whenever Joe is seated at a restaurant and is handed a menu, that's what he's thinking.  "How much do I want this Reuben sandwich?  Would I stand in the rain for it?  Like a Northern Virginia mom?"

• Love 6

Did anyone notice that trump has the number 45 monogrammed on his shirt cuff? It's visible when they show him holding his list of questions and helpful hints. Hmm, no electoral college map too?

• Love 11
4 hours ago, stormy said:

Did anyone notice that trump has the number 45 monogrammed on his shirt cuff? It's visible when they show him holding his list of questions and helpful hints. Hmm, no electoral college map too?

Mere words cannot express the hatred I feel for Donald Trump.

• Love 16

Note to Celebrated Gun Owner and Man's Man, Joe Scarborough: 

STFU about the deputy who didn't rush into the school to confront a fully-equipped assault rifle with a pistol.   It's not your place to judge him, or to publicly insinuate cowardice or incompetence -- at least not until you find yourself in the same circumstances and know for certain how you would react.

It's so easy to condemn another from behind a desk -- a fake desk,  a prop even -- raking in millions of dollars for running your mouth and pitching woo at the so-called professional career woman by your side.  

Maybe the deputy never doubted that if the day ever came when he was tested, he would stand up and do what was necessary.   Many of us probably think that about ourselves.    But ideals have a way of dissolving in the face of a mortal threat to ourselves or our families.   

Not everyone is born with the constitution to be a hero.  It is not a character flaw or a failing.   It's just how they're made.   That's why we have the word "hero" in the first place -- to honor those rare individuals who have the mettle to rush selflessly into the face of danger.

That deputy will be probably living in his own personal hell of recriminations, self-doubt and inconsolable guilt for a very long time, questioning himself about what he did and what he didn't.    Professionally, he's probably ruined.    The last thing that's needed is a dandy like you throwing shade from inside your cushy studio.

Fuck you, Joe Scarborough.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 21

Amen, Millennium!  How dare any of us judge someone ( I count that Sherriff who outed the guy,too) for not martyring himself for a job that probably barely paid the bills. This is exactly why arming teachers will not solve the problem - we're human and many people do not go to their jobs planning to be heroic and if this person was not I'm sure he's been torturing himself. 

• Love 8

I'm glad I missed today's opening as listening to spoiled, rich, lazy ex-congressmen who don't even bother to finish his term and costing the state serious money because of a special election is the last thing I need today.  For all of those that feel the need to pile on this guy (and please include LaPierre and Loesch), I wish there was a way to simulate a situation such as a school shooting.  Lock them in a long hallway being chased down by someone with an AR-15 firing at full speed (and please throw in a moment when he pauses to reload and then the horror resumes) as I think it would be a good learning tool for them once they changed their underwear of course.  It may give them pause over their current views.

• Love 7

Final Day of waiting till 7 am to watch Morning Joe. Angry Joe is on set with KC ( no lightning intro), Smirky Kristol & Mika wearing a new Unitarian Scarf.

Joe blamed the deputy for not going into the school to stop the shooter. Joe was mad at the police for letting Cruz slip through the cracks. They kept visiting his house for disturbances .

Joe said he as a strong opponent of kids having AR 15's. Mr Wavy hair from the NY Times agreed with the NRA about tighter background checks.

Joe said there was less decisiveness on guns when he was n Congress. Some GOP did support the assault weapon ban.

Kristol mocked Joe for bringing NY papers to Washington.

Joe is a big fan of Liverpool soccer.

Joe did not watch the Women's Olympics Hockey game. Boo.

Joe bragged about his knowledge of UK soccer.

Joe is mad that CPAC allows riff raff into their meetings. They don't invite strong conservatives like Joe!

Joe is mad at whacky Europeans being allowed to speak like Le pen & Nigel Farage.

Joe is mad at characters like Sheriff clarke attending.

• Love 3
Just now, XOQueens said:

Mika let it slip Joe wears Lululemon. Who knew they made clothing other than leggings. Or does Joe wear leggings? Lol

I saw Yamiche's face right after that comment.  She looked like she was going to lose her breakfast, I bet she couldn't have run from that table fast enough.  Even Huey, Dewey and Louie on F&F are more professional than these two.  Sigh.

• Love 4

Good grief this story keeps getting worse and worse.  Alyson Camarota just asked a couple of students about the guard and the young man said the only time he ever saw or interacted with him was when he was directing traffic.  Yep, he was fully prepared and trained to go up against a guy with an AR-15. 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, oakville said:

Final Day of waiting till 7 am to watch Morning Joe. Angry Joe is on set with KC ( no lightning intro)

They did the thunder sound and the classic rock radio sample, but no lightning graphic.   Kasey's face could barely contain her annoyance.

• Love 3

Joe said that Trump’s win in 2016 was a fluke. Joe said that Trump lost by over 3 million votes to Hillary Clinton. She was the worst candidate in American history. Joe said Hillary’s campaign was incompetent & they didn’t poll in the Midwest. They should have listened to Bill Clinton & Barack Obama. This is revisionist thinking by Joe.

The Hunky Aussie Swan said that Trump could win in 2020.

Joe said that Trump could be re-elected a few weeks ago. He forgot his own tAlking point.

15 minutes ago, millennium said:

They did the thunder sound and the classic rock radio sample, but no lightning graphic.   Kasey's face could barely contain her annoyance.

I missed the first hour. I thought Mika had stopped this out of respect for the parkland victims.

34 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I saw Yamiche's face right after that comment.  She looked like she was going to lose her breakfast, I bet she couldn't have run from that table fast enough.  Even Huey, Dewey and Louie on F&F are more professional than these two.  Sigh.

Lululemon has athletic wear for men. I wear Lulu shorts. It’s a Canadian brand.

• Love 2

Joe and Mika were full blown assholes [shocker, I know] regarding the security guard.  He's got a pea shooter and inside is a maniac killer with 1,000s of rounds of ammo, and, he's totally unprepared to sacrifice his life that sunny morning.  If it's his job to fend off automatic weaponry, then give him a bunker with a turret.

The lady in the fuschia shirt was good.  Her commentary on fake memes, propaganda imagery, and trolling was fascinating.  Mika and Joe did a good job getting out of her way, until they ruined it by mocking it all. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, millennium said:

Note to Celebrated Gun Owner and Man's Man, Joe Scarborough: 

STFU about the deputy who didn't rush into the school to confront a fully-equipped assault rifle with a pistol.   It's not your place to judge him, or to publicly insinuate cowardice or incompetence -- at least not until you find yourself in the same circumstances and know for certain how you would react.

It's so easy to condemn another from behind a desk -- a fake desk,  a prop even -- raking in millions of dollars for running your mouth and pitching woo at the so-called professional career woman by your side.  

Maybe the deputy never doubted that if the day ever came when he was tested, he would stand up and do what was necessary.   Many of us probably think that about ourselves.    But ideals have a way of dissolving in the face of a mortal threat to ourselves or our families.   

Not everyone is born with the constitution to be a hero.  It is not a character flaw or a failing.   It's just how they're made.   That's why we have the word "hero" in the first place -- to honor those rare individuals who have the mettle to rush selflessly into the face of danger.

That deputy will be probably living in his own personal hell of recriminations, self-doubt and inconsolable guilt for a very long time, questioning himself about what he did and what he didn't.    Professionally, he's probably ruined.    The last thing that's needed is a dandy like you throwing shade from inside your cushy studio.

Fuck you, Joe Scarborough.

He couldn't wait to interrupt the gov of Oregon when she said she visited an officer who took 12 bullets at a mass shooting.  

Okay Joe, Mr Big Shot I would run up the stairs of Tower 1 (and by the way, those firemen didn't know the building would collapse, you lying piece of shit) we'll give you a Glock and a vest, and then we'll give someone else an AR 15. You go in there alone and see how long it takes before you shit your pants and come out screaming like the baby you are. 

16 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Joe and Mika were full blown assholes [shocker, I know] regarding the security guard.  He's got a pea shooter and inside is a maniac killer with 1,000s of rounds of ammo, and, he's totally unprepared to sacrifice his life that sunny morning.  If it's his job to fend off automatic weaponry, then give him a bunker with a turret.

I thought the rule was "call for back up and wait".  This isn't a fucking Steven Seagal movie.  How did he know that if Cruz saw him and fired at him, he wouldn't hit more kids?

Ever think of that, you squinty eyed fuck!?

1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

I'm glad I missed today's opening as listening to spoiled, rich, lazy ex-congressmen who don't even bother to finish his term and costing the state serious money because of a special election is the last thing I need today.  For all of those that feel the need to pile on this guy (and please include LaPierre and Loesch), I wish there was a way to simulate a situation such as a school shooting.  Lock them in a long hallway being chased down by someone with an AR-15 firing at full speed (and please throw in a moment when he pauses to reload and then the horror resumes) as I think it would be a good learning tool for them once they changed their underwear of course.  It may give them pause over their current views.

Posted the same thing before I read your post.  ITA!  How dare they judge that man. Joe thinks he's Mr. Tough Guy because he tells people to shut up on Twitter. 

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

He couldn't wait to interrupt the gov of Oregon when she said she visited an officer who took 12 bullets at a mass shooting.  

Okay Joe, Mr Big Shot I would run up the stairs of Tower 1 (and by the way, those firemen didn't know the building would collapse, you lying piece of shit) we'll give you a Glock and a vest, and then we'll give someone else an AR 15. You go in there alone and see how long it takes before you shit your pants and come out screaming like the baby you are. 

I thought the rule was "call for back up and wait".  This isn't a fucking Steven Seagal movie.  How did he know that if Cruz saw him and fired at him, he wouldn't hit more kids?

Ever think of that, you squinty eyed fuck!?

Posted the same thing before I read your post.  ITA!  How dare they judge that man. Joe thinks he's Mr. Tough Guy because he tells people to shut up on Twitter. 

In a nutshell, their message was "You should have died trying, and because you didn't you should be branded a coward."

They're imposing Hollywood sensibilities on real life or death situations.  

I don't know if I am misremembering, but wasn't there a school shooting in the past year where something like 20 armed policemen waited outside and did not rush the school because they didn't know exactly what the situation was inside?

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, millennium said:

In a nutshell, their message was "You should have died trying, and because you didn't you should be branded a coward."

They're imposing Hollywood sensibilities on real life or death situations.  

I don't know if I am misremembering, but wasn't there a school shooting in the past year where something like 20 armed policemen waited outside and did not rush the school because they didn't know exactly what the situation was inside?

It's my understanding that the rules have changed and now it's get in there and find him no matter whether you have back up or not.  With every hour it sounds like the guy that was assigned to that campus was a severe problem and I would expect Broward County is going to do some serious housecleaning but again unless you are/have been in LE or our Armed Services you should be ashamed of yourself for driving from your comfy position in the proverbial back seat.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, millennium said:

Yes I heard that as well. And I don't care for the Sheriff of Broward County bad mouthing this guy either. What happened to cops having each other's back? 

I think the name Wayne LaPierre sounds like Liberace's handle in a gay dating service in the 1960s. It reminds me of Pepe Le Pew.

Oakville, glad to hear you are wearing your Lulu's whilst keeping track of American shenanagins, and eating warm (government supplied) cookies....

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

It's my understanding that the rules have changed and now it's get in there and find him no matter whether you have back up or not.  With every hour it sounds like the guy that was assigned to that campus was a severe problem and I would expect Broward County is going to do some serious housecleaning but again unless you are/have been in LE or our Armed Services you should be ashamed of yourself for driving from your comfy position in the proverbial back seat.

The sheriff said that the Deputy had to go i inside the school to neutralize Cruz.

JOe has been pretty quiet about the FBI role in missing the red flags in this case.

3 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I think the name Wayne LaPierre sounds like Liberace's handle in a gay dating service in the 1960s. It reminds me of Pepe Le Pew.

Oakville, glad to hear you are wearing your Lulu's whilst keeping track of American shenanagins, and eating warm (government supplied) cookies....

I wear Lulus when I work out. The cookies have calories. 

Canada is in a state of shock now because we lost to Germany in Men’s hockey. 

We are not doing well in Curling either.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I think the name Wayne LaPierre sounds like Liberace's handle in a gay dating service in the 1960s.

It sounds like the name of every kid I went to school with in the old New England mill town where I grew up.

16 minutes ago, oakville said:

Canada is in a state of shock now because we lost to Germany in Men’s hockey. 

We are not doing well in Curling either.

I'm thinking maybe the US should try to get people from Norway to move here. They are kicking everyone's ass in medal counts. 

• Love 4

I might make an open Twitter account just to tell Joe Google is a search engine. 

He has been replying to a lot of Tweets lately. Am I wrong in my memory of him saying he tells Mika not to read her mentions? Does the same not apply to him? Just the weak womenfolk?

Edited by XOQueens
Added stuff
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I might make a Twitter account just to tell Joe Google is a search engine. 

He has been replying to a lot of Tweets lately. Am I wrong in my memory of him saying he tells Mika not to read her mentions? Does the same not apply to him? Just the weak womenfolk?

Is he still talking about not knowing how Google works?

I'm on Twitter I'll be glad to tell him. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Is he still talking about not knowing how Google works?

I'm on Twitter I'll be glad to tell him. 

Doin' the good work, Teddysmom. Lol

He linked up Google and Facebook in his daily social media platforms are actually publishing platforms talk. Luckily, others dropped Google from the conversation, but it was still there, as present as ever. 

He just Tweeted out his very sanitized op ed about Billy Graham. Goody, I was so looking forward to that.

/your Morning Joe Twitter briefing.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, oakville said:

I missed the first hour. I thought Mika had stopped this out of respect for the parkland victims.

They did the lightening bolt in the first hour, but Mika said they shouldn't do it today.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Doin' the good work, Teddysmom. Lol

He linked up Google and Facebook in his daily social media platforms are actually publishing platforms talk. Luckily, others dropped Google from the conversation, but it was still there, as present as ever. 

He just Tweeted out his very sanitized op ed about Billy Graham. Goody, I was so looking forward to that.

/your Morning Joe Twitter briefing.

Joe reminds me of Michael Scott on The Office saying "I hope YouTube shows up and films this". 

I just tweeted at him  posted it in Small Cup of Joe. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5

I love Matt Miller but he let me down today with all his trump pardoning of Manafort and Gates talk.

I'll give Mika and Joe credit here for saying they'd still have to face charges in NY because Eric Schneiderman's not letting them off the hook.

Melania is John Kelly's BFF. That was funny. And I loved Joe linking that with her personal experience with chain migration!

2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

If for nothing else, their uniforms are fabulous:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/norway-curling-pants_us_5a8c4171e4b00e986140232f

Oakville, MyAimIsTrue please accept my Olympic size sympathies as I know how tough a hockey loss is.

Canada is so used to winning Gold medals in Hockey, it’s shocking when they lose. We didn’t have our best players from the NHL playing this year. One Canadian female hockey player was rude & refused to wear her silver medal. 

Mon the other hand , CAnada won 27 medals so far which is a record.

I find it hilarious that Joe doesn’t care about the Olympics.Why haven’t all the world leaders he talks to on a regular basis invited him to the Olympics?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said that Trump’s win in 2016 was a fluke. Joe said that Trump lost by over 3 million votes to Hillary Clinton. She was the worst candidate in American history. Joe said Hillary’s campaign was incompetent & they didn’t poll in the Midwest. They should have listened to Bill Clinton & Barack Obama. This is revisionist thinking by Joe.

The Hunky Aussie Swan said that Trump could win in 2020.

Joe said that Trump could be re-elected a few weeks ago. He forgot his own tAlking point.

It's interesting that Joe and his little fiancee are so lacking in self-awareness (or shame) that they take no ownership of their own role in making that fluke happen in 2016.  They just can't stop with the Hillary bashing.

Bill Kristol needs to take his smug, smirky ass somewhere and take a stadium full of seats.  Why are he and Joe acting as if this is the first year that the CPAC conference has had insane, one Happy Meal short of a french fry unsavory folks on the platform?  How could they forget tea party darling, Sarah Palin, addressing that august body?  Just last year, Steve Bannon was allowed to address this assortment of whatever they call themselves--while Richard Spencer ironically was shown the door.  Given the speakers they had this year, they should have just stopped faking the funk and invited Spencer to be its keynote speaker and be done with it.  It's hilarious (not in a ha ha! way) to see Kristol and Joe twisting themselves into pretzels while lamenting what has become of the Conservative moment.  Like this shit just happened overnight, as opposed to being a nearly 40-year journey.

• Love 12

I understand why the LEO didn't run into the school to save the day, but then the Right should stop telling us good guys with guns can stop these mass shootings.

The banning of weapons at CPAC further demonstrates the hypocrisy of Conservatives on the gun issue.

Joe reminds me of Michael Scott on The Office saying "I hope YouTube shows up and films this". 

I spit out my water at this Teddysmom.   

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I remember the show when Joe said, "Paul Manafort?  Who the hell is this guy?  Why would he be running a presidential campaign?  What's going on over there?"

HEE!  Me too and the second I got a load of his Wiki page I knew it was time to sit down and grab a bowl of popcorn . . . and this is who our POTUS cozied up to.  Mind boggled.

• Love 4